CBS Fall Schedule Announced

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

CBS Fall Schedule Announced

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 19, 2023 10:08 pm

Monday

8:00 - The Neighborhood
8:30 - Bob Hearts Abishola
9:00 - NCIS
10:00 - NCIS Hawaii

Tuesday

8:00 - FBI
9:00 - FBI International
10:00 - FBI Most Wanted

Wednesday

8:00 - Survivor
9:30 - The Amazing Race

Thursday

8:00 - Youg Sheldon
8:30 - Ghosts
9:00 - So Help Me Todd
10:00 - Elsbeth

Friday

8:00 - SWAT
9:00 - Fire Country
10:00 - Blue Bloods

Saturday -

8:00 - Repeats
10:00 - 48 Hours

Sunday

7:00 - 60 Minutes
8:00 - Matlock
9:00 - The Equalizer
10:00 - Repeats

All the network schedules depend on how soon the writers strike get settled. If they can't resume filming in time, they will replace some or all of the scripted shows with movies, news, sports, reality, and game shows or more repeats.

NCIS Los Angeles concluded its run. East New York and True Lies have been canceled. CSI: Vegas will return in midseason on Sunday night at 10:00. Because CBS Sunday shows often run 30 minutes late or longer because of football, the 10:00 show would sometimes start close to 11 and get poor ratings. So, CBS will air reruns in the fall to minimize the fallout.

Elsbeth features Carrie Preston as the quirky attorney she played on The Good Wife and The Good Fight. Now she's a consultant with the NYPD. Matlock is a blatant attempt to cash in on the name with a show that has nothing in common with the Andy Griffith show except for the fact that both lead characters are attorneys. Kathy Bates stars as Madeline Matlock (no relation), who rejoins a high-end law firm and finds that the other lawyers don't take her seriously because of her age and sex (apparently they took her seriously enough to hire her at a big city salary).

I feel good about getting back into posting here.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

Re: CBS Fall Schedule Announced

#2 Post by BackInTex » Sat May 20, 2023 7:18 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:08 pm
Friday

10:00 - Blue Bloods
This is the only show I care about on the CSB schedule. Really the only current show I consistently watch. I'm glad it will be back. The stories the last few seasons have been weak, IMO, but this season was a little better. They used to have only three story threads, but then they started to squeeze four threads into an episode. I think it prevented them from fully developing the threads. Seems they now still have four threads but two of the four are intertwined so it makes the episode better.

NCIS Los Angeles concluded its run.
I used to watch this show pretty religiously but at some point it felt like they jumped the shark. I don't recall what made me feel that but I quit watching. I should probably watch the finale episode (it is Part 2 of a 2 part episode, so i'll need to watch last week's episode first).
Matlock is a blatant attempt to cash in on the name with a show that has nothing in common with the Andy Griffith show except for the fact that both lead characters are attorneys. Kathy Bates stars as Madeline Matlock (no relation), who rejoins a high-end law firm and finds that the other lawyers don't take her seriously because of her age and sex (apparently they took her seriously enough to hire her at a big city salary).
I like Kathy Bates, but the trailer I saw the other night seems they will rely on "shock" to make the episodes "interesting". I'll give it a try, but not expecting much.
I feel good about getting back into posting here.
Good to have you back.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Sat May 20, 2023 7:53 am

I guess CSI didn't get renewed. :cry:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Sat May 20, 2023 12:07 pm

earendel wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:53 am
I guess CSI didn't get renewed. :cry:
This is now CSI:Vegas and will return midseason.CSI left the air in 2015.

If I have my CSIs right.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Sat May 20, 2023 2:19 pm

Welcome back!
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 22, 2023 9:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:18 am
I used to watch this show pretty religiously but at some point it felt like they jumped the shark. I don't recall what made me feel that but I quit watching. I should probably watch the finale episode (it is Part 2 of a 2 part episode, so i'll need to watch last week's episode first).
LL Cool J will be joining the cast of NCIS Hawaii next season as his NCIS Los Angeles character Sam Hanna. At the end of tonight's episode, the visiting agency honcho said he was bringing someone new into the unit to "shake things up." That somebody will be Hanna. He has a cameo appearance during the episode when he helped get the lead character, Jane Tennant, out of a jam in South America. Officially, he will be a "recurring guest star," meaning he'll be appearing in some but not all of the episodes.

No word on whether any of the other LA cast members will show up in Hawaii.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue May 23, 2023 8:35 am

Mon May 22, 2023 9:27 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:18 am
LL Cool J will be joining the cast of NCIS Hawaii next season as his NCIS Los Angeles character Sam Hanna. At the end of tonight's episode, the visiting agency honcho said he was bringing someone new into the unit to "shake things up." That somebody will be Hanna. He has a cameo appearance during the episode when he helped get the lead character, Jane Tennant, out of a jam in South America. Officially, he will be a "recurring guest star," meaning he'll be appearing in some but not all of the episodes.

No word on whether any of the other LA cast members will show up in Hawaii.
Although NCIS:LA ended, the final episode included a quasi-cliffhanger, as Nell, Nate, Sabatini, and "the new guy" are in Morocco to rescue Hetty, and recruit Sam and Callan to assist. Is this a teaser for another show (not NCIS:Hawaii)?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 23, 2023 10:39 am

earendel wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:35 am
Although NCIS:LA ended, the final episode included a quasi-cliffhanger, as Nell, Nate, Sabatini, and "the new guy" are in Morocco to rescue Hetty, and recruit Sam and Callan to assist. Is this a teaser for another show (not NCIS:Hawaii)?
When LL Cool J showed up on NCIS: Hawaii last night, he mentioned that he had just been in Morocco before learning that Jane Tennant needed his help in Venezuela.

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:35 pm

Thanks to the writers and actors strikes, CBS has now scrubbed its original fall schedule and replaced it with a combination of reality, repeats, and streaming series:

Monday

8:00 - Loteria Loca (a game show similar to Bingo)
9:00 - NCIS repeats
10:00 - Parmount+ unnamed drama (This could be Sylvester Stallone's Tulsa King or Evil.)

Tuesday

8:00 - Big Brother
9:00 - FBI True (from Paramount Plus)
10:00 - FBI repeats

Wednesday

8:00 - Survivor
9:30 - The Amazing Race

Thursday (early fall)

8:00 - Big Brother
9:00 - Buddy Games (moronic outdoor game challenge hosted by Josh Duhamel based on his movies of the same name)
10:00 - The Challenge

Thursday (after these series end)

8:00 - Young Sheldon repeats
8:30 - Ghosts repeats
9:00 - Ghosts (UK version that was the basis for the US series)
10:00 - Seal Team (I'm assuming these are repeats of the most recent season on Paramount Plus)

Friday

8:00 - Price Is Right/Let's Make a Deal (alternating weeks)
9:00 - Raid the Cage (Couples trivia game in which one partner answers questions and the other runs into a giant cage and grabs prizes before the door closes)
10:00 - Blue Bloods repeats

Saturday - Sports and 48 Hours

Sunday

7:00 - 60 Minutes\
8:00 - Yellowstone (repeats starting with the first season)
9:00 - Yellowstone (on weeks when CBS has an NFL doubleheader, only one episode of Yellowstone will be shown)
10:00 - Big Brother

Both Yellowstone and Seal Team will be edited to meet broadcast network standards for profanity and violence.