I realize we are supposed to ignore it,

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: I realize we are supposed to ignore it,

#26 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:36 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:40 pm
Don't you worry your pretty little head young woman. Mayor Pete arrived today and is figuring out who's ass to kick!

Of course it took President Trump visiting yesterday for the administration to realize they'd better at least pretend they care about these folks (at least as much as they do the Ukranians).
No one's ignoring this. It's all over the news sites I regularly read.

You do realize, don't you, that it was Donny who repealed the Obama-era regulations requiring better train brakes that might have prevented this from happening.

Are you really one of those who thinks we should just sit on our hands and let Russia bulldoze Ukraine? --Bob

I realize that notoriously right-wing rag The Washington Post has debunked the "It's Trumps fault," claim but I won't hold my breath waiting for you or others to walk it back. You're only parroting your spoon-fed talking points, after all.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#27 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:16 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:59 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:40 pm
Don't you worry your pretty little head young woman. Mayor Pete arrived today and is figuring out who's ass to kick!

Of course it took President Trump visiting yesterday for the administration to realize they'd better at least pretend they care about these folks (at least as much as they do the Ukranians).

You do realize, don't you, that it was Donny who repealed the Obama-era regulations requiring better train brakes that might have prevented this from happening.

Are you really one of those who thinks we should just sit on our hands and let Russia bulldoze Ukraine? --Bob
I realize that notoriously right-wing rag The Washington Post has debunked the "It's Trumps fault," claim but I won't hold my breath waiting for you or others to walk it back. You're only parroting your spoon-fed talking points, after all.
You're missing the larger point. Do you still think it was a good idea to repeal those safety regulations? Or do you want to wait for the next accident, when the repeal does make a difference, before acknowledging that repealing them was still another bad idea that Donny did only because he wanted to undo everything President Obama had done? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:00 am

:wink:
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:16 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:59 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

You're missing the larger point. Do you still think it was a good idea to repeal those safety regulations? Or do you want to wait for the next accident, when the repeal does make a difference, before acknowledging that repealing them was still another bad idea that Donny did only because he wanted to undo everything President Obama had done? --Bob
No, Bob, I'm not missing my own point. You and your lil buddies here will continue to parrot the left"s Trump blame game, regardless of the truth. It's pathetic, and rather gross. And speaking of wanting to undo policies of former presidents, if this particular one of Trumps was so heinous, why hasn't Biden reversed it, like he did Trumps very effective border policies?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Estonut
Evil Genius

#29 Post by Estonut » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:16 am

Bob78164 wrote:
You do realize, don't you, that after actually investigating that claim, the notoriously pro-Trump WaPo wrote that they looked at every single regulation that Trump had relaxed and found that not a single one of them contributed to this derailment in any way?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#30 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:41 am

Estonut wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:16 am
Bob78164 wrote:
You do realize, don't you, that after actually investigating that claim, the notoriously pro-Trump WaPo wrote that they looked at every single regulation that Trump had relaxed and found that not a single one of them contributed to this derailment in any way?
Don’t be absurd! Trump bad bad man. All his fault.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

themanintheseersuckersuit

#31 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:10 am

I am so old I remember President Bush being criticized here for not visiting the Gulf Coast immediately after Katrina
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

BackInTex

#32 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:49 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:10 am
I am so old I remember President Bush being criticized here for not visiting the Gulf Coast New Orleans immediately after Katrina
Fixed it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:21 am

Another Norfolk Southern derailment, 20 cars in Springfield Ohio 200 miles from East Palestine. (The East Palestine derailment involved 38 cars.) Some of the contents caught fire, but according to the railroad, there were no toxic chemicals on board.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/norfolk-so ... -in-place/

There's actually video footage of this one from a motorist stopped at the signal while the train passed. The derailment occurred right after the highway intersection.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#34 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:52 am

Norfolk Southern has agreed to a $600 million settlement to resolve a class action lawsuit. It’s a no-brainer case: the NTSB says surveillance video shows a wheel bearing in the final stage of overheat failure moments before the derailment.

Mayor Pete and Biden have learned from the incident. They showed up much more promptly at the Key Bridge disaster (also because it’s an election year and Baltimore is along Biden’s favorite commuting route).
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#35 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:33 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:52 am
Norfolk Southern has agreed to a $600 million settlement to resolve a class action lawsuit. It’s a no-brainer case: the NTSB says surveillance video shows a wheel bearing in the final stage of overheat failure moments before the derailment.

Mayor Pete and Biden have learned from the incident. They showed up much more promptly at the Key Bridge disaster (also because it’s an election year and Baltimore is along Biden’s favorite commuting route).
And by train, no less.