So, Where Is The Long Thread on Biden and Classified Docs?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

So, Where Is The Long Thread on Biden and Classified Docs?

#1 Post by Spock » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:24 am

Apparently, classified docs from Biden's time as VP were found in a private office.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics ... index.html

>>>>"Biden’s lawyers say they found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement – that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania, where he was an honorary professor from 2017 to 2019"<<<<

I guess this is one of those things that are only bad when Trump (or any other Republican) does it-But it is fine when a Democrat does it. Otherwise there would be a long thread on it and I am sure that the 3 here will totally excuse it.

But, seriously I would have expected at least a post and an excuse from the usual suspects.

I have a message for the 3 little newshounds here.

Go To Fucking Hell You Fucking Assholes.

Bob Juch

Re: So, Where Is The Long Thread on Biden and Classified Docs?

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:55 am

Apples and oranges.

Biden's lawyers immediately turned over the documents to the National Archives. No one concealed them.

There were just a few, and the subjects have not yet been disclosed. That's nothing like the scope of TFG's cache of over 700, including SCI/SAP ones.

It will be interesting to see who checked them out.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:51 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:55 am
Apples and oranges.

Biden's lawyers immediately turned over the documents to the National Archives. No one concealed them.

There were just a few, and the subjects have not yet been disclosed. That's nothing like the scope of TFG's cache of over 700, including SCI/SAP ones.

It will be interesting to see who checked them out.
It's not just that no one concealed them. No one even asked for them. As soon as the documents were discovered, they were voluntarily turned over to the National Archives. Until then, no one knew they existed. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:08 am

Spock, c'mon, man. The lemmings will blissfully follow their narrative right off a cliff.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:56 am

This puts it well:
Steve Benen wrote:Look, this isn’t complicated, and there’s no reason to play silly games. Trump took hundreds of classified materials to his glorified country club. He ignored requests to return them. He failed to comply with a federal subpoena. He lied repeatedly. He returned some documents, but held onto others, all while refusing to cooperate in good faith. He even proposed a possible trade in which he’d consider giving the documents back, but only if officials gave him something else in return.

To see the Biden story as identical is clearly insane. Based on all of the available information, the Democrat appears to have inadvertently moved a “small number of documents” with classified markings to the Penn Biden Center. The National Archives didn’t request the materials’ return because officials didn’t know they were missing.

Biden’s representatives found the documents and immediately informed the Archives [ ] about the discovery. The materials were then quickly returned to the authorities.

If Trump had done the same thing, he wouldn’t be facing a criminal investigation. It’s not illegal to accidentally have classified documents; it’s illegal to take them and refuse to give them back.
Compare and contrast Donny's behavior to that of President Biden's team and Donny looks even worse than he did before. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:21 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:56 am
Compare and contrast Donny's behavior to that of President Biden's team and Donny looks even worse than he did before. --Bob
Republicans are counting on people like Spock with limited analytical capacity (or Flock if he was still around) to just look at the headlines and make invalid comparisons. These documents were in offices at the University of Pennsylvania that were reserved for Biden's use when he taught classes there after his term as VP ended. My understanding is that Biden himself didn't know they were there.

It's a valid point of inquiry to ask how those documents got out into the Penn office in the first place, and there may well have been some negligence on someone's part. But it's a far cry from Trump's continued obstruction in regard to many, many, many more documents that were stored in his home.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Weyoun

#7 Post by Weyoun » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:43 pm

No point providing facts or analysis. Spock and his guardpup tlynn will never make a point by point counter.

Btw, I know this is redundant, but YIKES once more at Spock for directing profanity and eternal damnation at strangers because somebody accidentally left a box in a university closet.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:51 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:43 pm
No point providing facts or analysis. Spock and his guardpup tlynn will never make a point by point counter.

Btw, I know this is redundant, but YIKES once more at Spock for directing profanity and eternal damnation at strangers because somebody accidentally left a box in a university closet.
LMAO! Talk about an exercise in futility. Bless your heart.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:57 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:51 pm
Weyoun wrote:

Yep, we won't confuse you with facts.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:20 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:57 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:51 pm
Weyoun wrote:

Yep, we won't confuse you with facts.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:56 pm

I think the real story is the Democrat machine is now working to make sure Joe sits out the next election.

A question I have is, how do we know how many and what documents were "accidently" left in other places without an FBI raid. That is whats needed, and is the current protocol.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:50 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:56 pm
I think the real story is the Democrat machine is now working to make sure Joe sits out the next election.

A question I have is, how do we know how many and what documents were "accidently" left in other places without an FBI raid. That is whats needed, and is the current protocol.
Yes, I've been saying all along that the FBI needs to raid TFG's Bedminister estate.

jarnon

#13 Post by jarnon » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:53 pm

Biden aides find second batch of classified documents at new location

I handled classified documents for 30 years. I can't say I was perfect, but I definitely did better than the last three presidential candidates.

This thread is getting long, as Spock wished.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#14 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:08 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:53 pm

I handled classified documents for 30 years. I can't say I was perfect, but I definitely did better than the last three presidential candidates.

It'll get longer as the excuses and justifying get more imaginative.

Weyoun

#15 Post by Weyoun » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:10 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:08 pm
jarnon wrote:

It sounds like they're just turning in stuff as they find it. Nowhere near the drama involving the other guy.

Remember, I am unbiased about this.

tlynn78

#16 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:15 pm

:)
Weyoun wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:10 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:08 pm
jarnon wrote:

It sounds like they're just turning in stuff as they find it. Nowhere near the drama involving the other guy.

Remember, I am unbiased about this.
LoL! Gee I wonder from where the drama was generated...

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:13 pm

I think there should be an investigation into how the documents wound up Biden's office and whatever other places they were. This should be standard procedure any time classified documents are found someplace they shouldn't be, regardless of who is the president or whose offices they were found in.

Looking at Biden's potential culpability in this matter, he had the first batch of classified documents turned over as soon as his attorneys found them. He also ordered a thorough search into anyplace else other classified documents might have been, which is how the second group of documents turned up. A far cry from the enormous amount of denial, foot dragging, legal actions and other tactics taken by the Trump team.

And remember one thing. There would be no thread of even a single post if Biden did the same thing as Trump did, keep the documents hidden until someone came looking for them.

tlynn78

#18 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:50 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:13 pm
I think there should be an investigation into how the documents wound up Biden's office and whatever other places they were. This should be standard procedure any time classified documents are found someplace they shouldn't be, regardless of who is the president or whose offices they were found in.

Looking at Biden's potential culpability in this matter, he had the first batch of classified documents turned over as soon as his attorneys found them. He also ordered a thorough search into anyplace else other classified documents might have been, which is how the second group of documents turned up. A far cry from the enormous amount of denial, foot dragging, legal actions and other tactics taken by the Trump team.

And remember one thing. There would be no thread of even a single post if Biden did the same thing as Trump did, keep the documents hidden until someone came looking for them.
It's so much better that a doddering fool has highly sensitive documents scattered about with no idea at all what they are or where they're at, right?

You are right about one thing - if he was mentally competent, he'd have remembered to mention them to someone who'd keep them covered up, and we'd have never heard about them.

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:41 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:50 pm
It's so much better that a doddering fool has highly sensitive documents scattered about with no idea at all what they are or where they're at, right?
Do you seriously think that the Vice President of the United States personally packs up and takes with him all his documents when he leaves office? Or that when he reviews a document, he personally files it away in a cabinet somewhere? That work is done by staffers. Someone obviously made a mistake, but to suggest that Biden should have known the eventual whereabouts and disposition of every document with which he came in contact is ridiculous.

Remember, Trump didn't get in trouble because he had the documents in the first place. He got in trouble when he refused to turn them over once notified and lied about them.

And that doddering fool made fools out of the Republicans in the last election.

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 am

Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:41 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Do you seriously think that the Vice President of the United States personally packs up and takes with him all his documents when he leaves office? Or that when he reviews a document, he personally files it away in a cabinet somewhere? That work is done by staffers. Someone obviously made a mistake, but to suggest that Biden should have known the eventual whereabouts and disposition of every document with which he came in contact is ridiculous.

Remember, Trump didn't get in trouble because he had the documents in the first place. He got in trouble when he refused to turn them over once notified and lied about them.

The WPE is making fools out of the Democrats each and everyday for 4 years. Well, that's not entirely true. He is not making them fools, just exposing that they are.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:15 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 am
tlynn78 wrote:

The WPE is making fools out of the Democrats each and everyday for 4 years. Well, that's not entirely true. He is not making them fools, just exposing that they are.
There's that.

Bob Juch

#22 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:47 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 am
tlynn78 wrote:

What's the WPE? White People's Empire?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#23 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:25 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

They've confused honesty with foolishness. They think that President Biden is a "doddering fool" for not hiding this issue from the American people, as he could have done and as Donny would have done. --Bob

jarnon

#24 Post by jarnon » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:38 pm

Garland appoints special counsel to investigate Biden docs

Robert Hur, like John Lausch, was a U.S. attorney in the Trump administration.

Biden’s lawyers found the first set of documents in a locked closet in the offices of the Biden Penn Center in Washington on Nov. 2, just before the midterm elections, but publicly revealed that development only on Monday.
The other documents were found in Biden's Wilmington garage on Dec. 20, and in his personal library days ago. There are no classified documents in his shore home.

The FBI didn't repeat its 2016 error of disclosing an investigation days before an election. (Jim Jordan may have a different opinion.)
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:10 pm

Sound and fury all around.
Well, then