So, Where Is The Long Thread on Biden and Classified Docs?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: So, Where Is The Long Thread on Biden and Classified Docs?

#51 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:46 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:29 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:41 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:12 pm
Y'all are too funny.
Why can't anyone admit that Biden fucked up and deal with it?
Not clear that it was President Biden personally, but yes, someone screwed up. What we're objecting to is the attempt to compare what appears to have been, at worst, carelessness, to Donny's criminal withholding of classified information that he knew he had no right to retain. --Bob
At worst carelessness? How do you get that? At BEST it is carelessness. But Biden was likely not even authorized to have those documents in the places they are when he WAS VP. Why were they ever out of the control of someone who was responsible?

The documents at Mar a Lago were secured and the grounds patrolled by Secret Service. Anyone could and may have had access to the documents Joe illegally stored in his garage.

Like Beebs said, you can't even admit the obvious.
Donny resisted returning the documents at every opportunity. That's criminal. He knowingly lied to the government about having them. That's criminal.

President Biden voluntarily disclosed the missteps and returned the documents before anyone knew they were missing. If he hadn't done so, this thread wouldn't exist because no one would know about them. Based on what we know, it looks like they were packed along with then-Vice President Biden's other belongings when his term ended. President Biden has said he was not aware that the documents were in the storage closets where they were found, and there is no reason to doubt that.

Donny's conduct was criminal. There is no plausible argument that President Biden's conduct was criminal. It is not a crime to be sloppy with your handling of documents containing classified information. It is a crime to refuse to return them upon demand, or to lie to the government about having them. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#52 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:46 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:41 pm
Not clear that it was President Biden personally, but yes, someone screwed up. What we're objecting to is the attempt to compare what appears to have been, at worst, carelessness, to Donny's criminal withholding of classified information that he knew he had no right to retain. --Bob
At worst carelessness? How do you get that? At BEST it is carelessness. But Biden was likely not even authorized to have those documents in the places they are when he WAS VP. Why were they ever out of the control of someone who was responsible?

The documents at Mar a Lago were secured and the grounds patrolled by Secret Service. Anyone could and may have had access to the documents Joe illegally stored in his garage.

Donny resisted returning the documents at every opportunity. That's criminal. He knowingly lied to the government about having them. That's criminal.

President Biden voluntarily disclosed the missteps and returned the documents before anyone knew they were missing. If he hadn't done so, this thread wouldn't exist because no one would know about them. Based on what we know, it looks like they were packed along with then-Vice President Biden's other belongings when his term ended. President Biden has said he was not aware that the documents were in the storage closets where they were found, and there is no reason to doubt that.

Donny's conduct was criminal. There is no plausible argument that President Biden's conduct was criminal. It is not a crime to be sloppy with your handling of documents containing classified information. It is a crime to refuse to return them upon demand, or to lie to the government about having them. --Bob
Um, no.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#53 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:11 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:00 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Um, no.
Thank you for your usual thorough and well reasoned response. Now I understand precisely which part of my reasoning you disagree with. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#54 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:11 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Um, no.
Thank you for your usual thorough and well reasoned response. Now I understand precisely which part of my reasoning you disagree with. --Bob
You lie, make shit up and deflect, so, um, no is a reasoned response.
Well, then

tlynn78

#55 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:40 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Um, no.
You are utterly unable to apply anything approaching reason when it comes to Trump (at least).
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#56 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:45 pm

"Based on what we know, it looks like they were packed along with then-Vice President Biden's other belongings when his term ended. President Biden has said he was not aware that the documents were in the storage closets where they were found, and there is no reason to doubt that.

Donny's conduct was criminal. There is no plausible argument that President Biden's conduct was criminal. It is not a crime to be sloppy with your handling of documents containing classified information. "

According to you as a doj attny? Okie doke
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#57 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:51 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:38 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Um, no.
You lie, make shit up and deflect, so, um, no is a reasoned response.
Calling me a liar crosses a line I take very seriously. When do you think I've lied? (Nor do I make shit up.) --Bob

tlynn78

#58 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:52 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:45 pm
"Based on what we know, it looks like they were packed along with then-Vice President Biden's other belongings when his term ended. President Biden has said he was not aware that the documents were in the storage closets where they were found, and there is no reason to doubt that.

Donny's conduct was criminal. There is no plausible argument that President Biden's conduct was criminal. It is not a crime to be sloppy with your handling of documents containing classified information. "

According to you as a doj attny? Okie doke
Can you imagine the amount of shit they'd be losing if docs were found in Trumps garage?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#59 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:56 pm

I will again quote Steve Benen, as I did earlier in the thread: "If Trump had done the same thing [as President Biden by voluntarily returning the documents], he wouldn’t be facing a criminal investigation. It’s not illegal to accidentally have classified documents; it’s illegal to [deliberately] take them and refuse to give them back." --Bob

tlynn78

#60 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:56 pm
I will again quote Steve Benen, as I did earlier in the thread: "If Trump had done the same thing [as President Biden by voluntarily returning the documents], he wouldn’t be facing a criminal investigation. It’s not illegal to accidentally have classified documents; it’s illegal to [deliberately] take them and refuse to give them back." --Bob
Bull. Shit.

BackInTex

#61 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:40 am

Bob78164 wrote:
How does a competent Vice President accidentally have classified documents? Not once, not twice, but several separate incidents?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#62 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:44 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:40 am
Bob78164 wrote:
How does a competent Vice President accidentally have classified documents? Not once, not twice, but several separate incidents?
Here’s one scenario. I seriously doubt he did his own packing. He was busy being Vice President. They got shoved into boxes by whoever did do his packing instead of being left behind or shredded. That’s why they spent six years in storage boxes and President Biden didn’t know they were there.

Once the first set of documents was discovered, the lawyers started going through everything else with a fine-toothed comb. They needed to use people with appropriate security clearances so I’m sure that took some time to organize. —Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#63 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:47 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:00 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Bull. Shit.
Quiet. The adults are talking. Listen carefully and you might learn something. —Bob

tlynn78

#64 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:05 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:44 am
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:40 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Here’s one scenario. I seriously doubt he did his own packing. He was busy being Vice President. They got shoved into boxes by whoever did do his packing instead of being left behind or shredded. That’s why they spent six years in storage boxes and President Biden didn’t know they were there.

Once the first set of documents was discovered, the lawyers started going through everything else with a fine-toothed comb. They needed to use people with appropriate security clearances so I’m sure that took some time to organize. —Bob
"The lawyers" aren't in charge of the documents, but you're fine with Biden"s private lawyers "going through everything with a fine-toothed comb." I wonder what their security clearance is. They couldn't possibly have any interest in, say, protecting their client or his family members over national security interests and getting rid of anything that might compromise their client.

silverscreenselect

#65 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:22 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:05 am
They couldn't possibly have any interest in, say, protecting their client or his family members over national security interests and getting rid of anything that might compromise their client.
Biden's lawyers have had six years to go through his documents and get rid of anything that might compromise their client.

As the article I cited earlier in this thread said, these documents were packed under very hectic circumstances, as Biden maintained a busy schedule in the last few days of his VP term in January 2017. Obviously, mistakes were made under extreme time pressure. And once Biden's attorneys learned there were classified documents in his offices, they notified the proper authorities immediately and turned over what they knew they had the next morning.

I welcome an investigation into the Biden documents. I hope the House launches a similar investigation into the Trump documents. But since I live in the real world, I'm not holding my breath. Every House investigation that you're going to see in the next two years is designed to embarrass Biden and the Democrats.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#66 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:23 pm

I guess what some of y'all forgot is that elections have consequences. Turnabout's fair play, yada yada. You may not enjoy it but oh well.
Well, then

jarnon

#67 Post by jarnon » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:15 pm

Philadelphia Inquirer wrote:A University of Pennsylvania think tank tied to President Joe Biden is facing one of the first inquiries from congressional Republicans as GOP lawmakers aim to use their newfound power in in the U.S. House to investigate the Democratic president. While providing few details, the head of House Oversight and Accountability Committee wrote to Penn president Liz Magill Wednesday demanding information about an increase in Chinese donations to the university after the formation of the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in 2017. The letter comes after classified documents were recently found at the center’s offices in Washington, D.C., an issue that is now the focus of GOP critics.
What Rep. Comer is implying is rather clear.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#68 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:49 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#69 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:33 pm

How stupid is that. Hello
Well, then

tlynn78

#70 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:55 pm

:)
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:33 pm
Consider the source. Pretty typical, actually, when their narrative falters, make shit up.

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:19 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:55 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Consider the source. Pretty typical, actually, when their narrative falters, make shit up.
I think you have Democrats confused with George Santos,
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#72 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:52 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:19 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Nah. She’s just a typical Republican politician whose go-to move when she doesn’t have answers (which is pretty much all the time) is to lie about Democrats by falsely accusing them of making shit up. —Bob

tlynn78

#73 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:19 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:52 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:19 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
:) Consider the source. Pretty typical, actually, when their narrative falters, make shit up.
Nah. She’s just a typical Republican politician whose go-to move when she doesn’t have answers (which is pretty much all the time) is to lie about Democrats by falsely accusing them of making shit up. —Bob
Lol, from the "very fine attorney" who made up a fantasy where his oath didn't include upholding the law ..priceless.

jarnon

#74 Post by jarnon » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:59 am

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#75 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:28 pm

Curious about how many more "discoveries" it'll take before the excuses run out.