If fascism is what people want, who are we to decide if that's bad?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

If fascism is what people want, who are we to decide if that's bad?

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:17 pm

So says Trey Gowdy. :twisted:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

Re: If fascism is what people want, who are we to decide if that's bad?

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:48 am

From the September 26, 2022, edition of Fox News' Special Report with Bret Baier

BRET BAIER (HOST): Let's turn overseas and what's happening in Italy and really across Europe. If you look at the headlines of this Italian election where the far right candidate, Meloni has taken it and will likely become the prime minister there, if you look at the headlines, The Atlantic, "The return of fascism in Italy," "A far right nationalist looks likely to become illustration's first female prime minister, "Giorgia Meloni is a danger to Italy and the rest of Europe," "Giorgia Meloni claims victory to become Italy's most far-right prime minister since Mussolini." Those are the headlines. She campaigned fighting inflation, speaking out against the European Union and bureaucracy. What about the reaction to this, and what it says about where Europe is as we get ready for our own elections?

TREY GOWDY: Bret, if you had two hours and could read to the bottom of the New York Times story about her election, you would see that she was historic. But you would have to get through more hard-right and far-right references, and I guess what I'm wondering is if you are winning elections, if you are what the people want, at what point does that become the center? Who gets to say what is far-right, or what is hard-right?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:49 am

Re-Italy's new Prime Minister

I think she is probably more of a Distributionist in the Chesterton/Belloc mold than she is a Fascist.

All the stuff I have seen from her points more in a Distributionist direction with some Roger Scruton thrown in as well. (Green philosophy) than it does to Fascism.

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:56 am

In parliamentary governments, the PM doesn't have a great deal of personal power. A lot depends on the parties she includes in her coalition and who gets key ministries.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:10 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:56 am
In parliamentary governments, the PM doesn't have a great deal of personal power. A lot depends on the parties she includes in her coalition and who gets key ministries.
Meloni's party got 26% of the vote in a low turnout election. She is forming a coalition with more traditional right-wing parties, which may or may not last very long.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com