RIP Pro Bowl

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Pro Bowl

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:01 am

The NFL has ended the Pro Bowl all-star game traditionally played in conjunction with the Super Bowl. Effective this season, the Pro Bowl will be replaced by a skills competition and a flag football game. The event will be called the Pro Bowl Games, and the flag football game will be held in Las Vegas on February 5. The skills competition will comprise various events over the preceding week. The Super Bowl will be in Glendale, AZ on February 12. Peyton Manning's company, Omaha Productions, will be responsible for programming and marketing. Manning will also coach one of the flag football teams.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Pro Bowl

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:02 am

Best news I've heard since yesterday, when the Broncos finally scored in the red zone.

The preseason and the Pro Bowl are the same, to my way of thinking -- expensive spectacles with a chance for players to get hurt. I've watched exactly one quarter of one Pro Bowl, where Elway was quarterbacking. The defense was so anxious not to hurt him, it was meaningless. OK, ludicrous.

Only thing I'll miss -- it was held in Hawaii, which I believe the players and their families enjoyed.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller