A League of Their Own on Amazon Prime

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

A League of Their Own on Amazon Prime

#1 Post by Vandal » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:41 pm

I just finished the first season of this series based on the 1992 movie. TV shows coming from major motion pictures don’t have a great track record, but this one fares pretty well.

I’ll go ahead and spoilerize this since the show is still new.
Spoiler
There are two major story arcs. First, of course, is the continuing story of the Rockford Peaches woman’s baseball club, their formation, their on field issues, and their drive to stay feminine and play by the strict rules (makeup, skirts and flirting). The baseball play is not great and thankfully, they keep it to a minimum.

The second is a character study of the players and their sexual relationships in a time when such acts were stigmatized and even criminalized. These moments are well acted and very believable. I have no idea if it is historically accurate, but it seems to cover all the bases, so to speak.

If you are uncomfortable with lesbian intimacy, then skip this one. If you want a great character study with some baseball throw in, then do yourself a favor and check it out.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: A League of Their Own on Amazon Prime

#2 Post by Vandal » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:50 pm

‘A League of Their Own’ Canceled as Amazon Flips on Abbreviated Final Season

Amazon is removing A League of Their Own from its scripted lineup.

The retail giant and streamer has reversed course and canceled the queer-themed reboot of Penny Marshall’s 1992 film after previously renewing the series for a four-episode second and final season. Sources say Sony Pictures Television, which produces the show, plans to shop League with the hopes that the series can find a new home for season two. Scripts for all four episodes of what was planned to be the conclusion of the series were completed before the Writers Guild of America went on strike May 2.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235570207/

Wait for it…
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster