Trump Wants to Pardon Capitol Rioters If Re-elected

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Trump Wants to Pardon Capitol Rioters If Re-elected

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:09 pm

Donald Trump has claimed he is financially supporting some suspects facing criminal charges for their role in the US Capitol riot, and plans to offer them pardons if re-elected. In a new interview with conservative radio host Wendy Bell, Mr Trump said he had met with January 6 defendants at his office this week to offer them help with their legal fees. “I am financially supporting people that are incredible and they were in my office actually two days ago, so they’re very much in my mind,” he said. “It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to them.”

“They’re firemen, they’re police men, they’re people in the military,” he continued in a long, rambling statement in which he described prosecutors as “sick radical leftists”. Mr Trump added he would be “looking very, very strongly at pardons” and offering an apology from the US government should he return to the White House.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 57886.html

Not that anyone needs any more reasons not to support him, but I note that he's moved on from using the term "very fine people" and now calls them "incredible."

My first thought reading this was that I was very glad the FBI had a chance to remove all the classified documents from Trump's office before he hosted these "incredible" people. You have to wonder how many other "incredible" people were in Trump's office while the documents were still there.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

Re: Trump Wants to Pardon Capitol Rioters If Re-elected

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:53 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:09 pm
Donald Trump has claimed he is financially supporting some suspects facing criminal charges for their role in the US Capitol riot, and plans to offer them pardons if re-elected. In a new interview with conservative radio host Wendy Bell, Mr Trump said he had met with January 6 defendants at his office this week to offer them help with their legal fees. “I am financially supporting people that are incredible and they were in my office actually two days ago, so they’re very much in my mind,” he said. “It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to them.”

“They’re firemen, they’re police men, they’re people in the military,” he continued in a long, rambling statement in which he described prosecutors as “sick radical leftists”. Mr Trump added he would be “looking very, very strongly at pardons” and offering an apology from the US government should he return to the White House.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 57886.html

Not that anyone needs any more reasons not to support him, but I note that he's moved on from using the term "very fine people" and now calls them "incredible."

My first thought reading this was that I was very glad the FBI had a chance to remove all the classified documents from Trump's office before he hosted these "incredible" people. You have to wonder how many other "incredible" people were in Trump's office while the documents were still there.
Incredible=unbelievable
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.