RIP Tom Weiskopf

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Tom Weiskopf

#1 Post by Vandal » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:52 am

Tom Weiskopf, Open champion and golf course architect, dies at 79

Tom Weiskopf's golf skill went far beyond his 16 victories on the PGA Tour and his lone major at Royal Troon in the British Open. He was always candid, often outspoken and unfailingly accurate in the television booth. He found even greater success designing golf courses.

Weiskopf died Saturday at his home in Big Sky, Montana, at the age of 79, his wife said. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December 2020.

Laurie Weiskopf said Tom was working last week at The Club at Spanish Peaks and attended a legacy luncheon at the signature club where he is designing "The Legacy: Tom's Ten," a collection of his 10 favorite par 3s.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34 ... ct-dies-79
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP Tom Weiskopf

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:10 pm

Vandal wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:52 am
Tom was working last week at The Club at Spanish Peaks and attended a legacy luncheon at the signature club where he is designing "The Legacy: Tom's Ten," a collection of his 10 favorite par 3s.
I wonder if the 12th hole at the Masters is one of his favorites. Weiskopf holds the record for the highest single-hole score at the Masters with a 13 on that hole in 1980. That includes five balls hit in the water (with a one-stroke penalty each time).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:33 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:10 pm
Vandal wrote:
Tom was working last week at The Club at Spanish Peaks and attended a legacy luncheon at the signature club where he is designing "The Legacy: Tom's Ten," a collection of his 10 favorite par 3s.
I wonder if the 12th hole at the Masters is one of his favorites. Weiskopf holds the record for the highest single-hole score at the Masters with a 13 on that hole in 1980. That includes five balls hit in the water (with a one-stroke penalty each time).
That is now called a Tin Cup moment.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:42 pm

Vandal wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:33 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:10 pm
Vandal wrote:
That is now called a Tin Cup moment.
I love Kevin Costner's sports movies. Bull Durham is my favorite, but I know that there are those in the audience who will say that it is not a sports movie. Oh well -- I've watched it about a dozen times, Tin Cup about half that many.

Tom Weiskopf was a great golfer and representative of the sport. I know that there are those in the audience who will say that golf is not a sport, it is a game. I think it's a sport.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller