Liz Cheney

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Liz Cheney

#1 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:30 pm

Why hasn't anyone posted about her? We get posts about dog catchers Trump supported losing primary races. But this one? Crickets. You'd almost think our bored news team were like the MSM news, only reporting what they agree with and ignoring what matters.

Oh well. For those that don't know, Liz got primaried, by more than 2 to 1. Now she plans on wasting her supporters' money on a run for the presidency.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

Re: Liz Cheney

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:30 pm
Why hasn't anyone posted about her? We get posts about dog catchers Trump supported losing primary races. But this one? Crickets. You'd almost think our bored news team were like the MSM news, only reporting what they agree with and ignoring what matters.

Oh well. For those that don't know, Liz got primaried, by more than 2 to 1. Now she plans on wasting her supporters' money on a run for the presidency.
It's not surprising that Republicans of today are celebrating the defeat of one of the few members of their party to show any honesty and integrity. Then again, the Republican Party of today is nothing more than the Donald Trump Bootlicking Party.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Weyoun

#3 Post by Weyoun » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:52 pm

Well I didn’t post about it because I didn’t really think you’d have any interesting things to add to the conversation. it seems at this point the party is not based on any particular set of principles, just loyalty to one man who owes millions of dollars to foreigners.

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:59 pm

Y'all are straight up hysterical. Seriously. Get help.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

a1mamacat

#5 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:37 pm

Wow
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:37 pm
Wow
Yeah, it was an old fashion ass whoopin.

Cheney only got about 50k votes of 170k cast. And anyone with any snap suspects about half her votes were from Democrats crossing over in the primary as instructed by their handlers.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Pastor Fireball

#7 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:41 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:37 pm
It's not surprising that Republicans of today are celebrating the defeat of one of the few members of their party to show any honesty and integrity.
This must be that "cancel culture" thingy that I keep hearing about. The Repubicans have already canceled Lincoln, Eisenhower, McCain, both Bushes, and even Saint Ronnie Reagan. This is just par for the FBI-raided course.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

a1mamacat

#8 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:43 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Wow

Cheney only got about 50k votes of 170k cast. And anyone with any snap suspects about half her votes were from Democrats crossing over in the primary as instructed by their handlers.
Oh sorry, my “wow” was a parody of tgirl’s “wow” when I suggested flock needed help. She has a selective memory.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Spock

#9 Post by Spock » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:52 pm

A sitting congresswoman who just took a 40 point beatdown in her primary and then compares herself to Abraham Lincoln in her concession speech is likely 1 of 2 things-maybe both.

1) Somewhat delusional

2) She also might be taking the warm tongue baths that the Democrats and the MSM have been giving her for the last 6 months a little too seriously.

kroxquo

#10 Post by kroxquo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:02 pm

Spock wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:52 pm
A sitting congresswoman who just took a 40 point beatdown in her primary and then compares herself to Abraham Lincoln in her concession speech is likely 1 of 2 things-maybe both.

1) Somewhat delusional

2) She also might be taking the warm tongue baths that the Democrats and the MSM have been giving her for the last 6 months a little too seriously.
Or 3) She is one of the few Republicans left with respect for popular sovreignty, the rule of law, the Constitution, and just plain human decency. Abraham Lincoln had respect for all of those and he would not be welcome in today's Republican Party either. And I disagree vehemently with her on just about every position she has on actual issues.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

tlynn78

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:17 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:43 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Wow

Oh sorry, my “wow” was a parody of tgirl’s “wow” when I suggested flock needed help. She has a selective memory.
Lol, maybe your delivery needs work.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:24 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:02 pm
Spock wrote:

1) Somewhat delusional

Or 3) She is one of the few Republicans left with respect for popular sovreignty, the rule of law, the Constitution, and just plain human decency. Abraham Lincoln had respect for all of those and he would not be welcome in today's Republican Party either. And I disagree vehemently with her on just about every position she has on actual issues.
Impressive how y'all are experts on Liz, all the sudden, and Republicans. Bless your hearts.

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Abraham Lincoln had respect for all of those and he would not be welcome in today's Republican Party either.
Neither would Teddy Roosevelt or Dwight Eisenhower.

I'm very afraid right now that we're going to see mob violence after the midterms in any state where the Republicans don't do as well as they expect.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:52 am

silverscreenselect wrote: I'm very afraid
But not of the actual historical mob violence that happens when the wokes don’t get their way?

Ok
~~ Thomas Jefferson

kroxquo

#15 Post by kroxquo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:36 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:24 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Spock wrote:

1) Somewhat delusional

Impressive how y'all are experts on Liz, all the sudden, and Republicans. Bless your hearts.
I don't claim to be an expert. I am just reporting what I can see with my own eyes which is this. The vast majority of the Republican party have become sycophants and enablers of a narcissistic demagogue who undermined public faith in the American democratic system and incited his acolytes in his cult of personality to overthrow the results of a free and fair election. And when the opportunity came to hold the 45th President accountable for his actions, the vast majority of the GOP - which has always prided itself on being the party of law and order - decided not to do so. And Liz Cheney - one of the most conservative members of the House - was drummed out of her party for not being a true Republican because she was one of the few who has tried to do so.

That's how I see it. How do you see it differently?

Weyoun

#16 Post by Weyoun » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:10 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:52 am
silverscreenselect wrote: I'm very afraid
But not of the actual historical mob violence that happens when the wokes don’t get their way?

Ok
But see you don’t actually care about the BLM related violence.

If you did, you would be incredibly troubled by it, so you’d be uncomfortable about your own side doing the same thing.

But this isn’t actually about specific political positions that you would like to see happen for our country. This is about you disliking one side and you engaging in a back-and-forth with them. If they do it, you get to do it.

For people like me who are just hoping that we can get things working better again, folks like you that sit back and justify us burning everything down, because “they started it”, is deeply troubling.

Weyoun

#17 Post by Weyoun » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:11 am

tlynn78 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
Spock wrote:

1) Somewhat delusional

I voted Republican countless times. So, yes. My suggestion is that you sit in the corner and listen to people who know what they are talking about.

tlynn78

#18 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:53 am

kroxquo wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:36 am
tlynn78 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
I don't claim to be an expert. I am just reporting what I can see with my own eyes which is this. The vast majority of the Republican party have become sycophants and enablers of a narcissistic demagogue who undermined public faith in the American democratic system and incited his acolytes in his cult of personality to overthrow the results of a free and fair election. And when the opportunity came to hold the 45th President accountable for his actions, the vast majority of the GOP - which has always prided itself on being the party of law and order - decided not to do so. And Liz Cheney - one of the most conservative members of the House - was drummed out of her party for not being a true Republican because she was one of the few who has tried to do so.

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:11 am
tlynn78 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

I voted Republican countless times. So, yes. My suggestion is that you sit in the corner and listen to people who know what they are talking about.
You voting R means less than zero, much like your suggestion.

tlynn78

#19 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:14 am

kroxquo wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

I don't (unlike you all-knowing experts) claim to speak for the "vast majority" of Republicans. I see it like this: Trump was the Republican nominee in 2016. He was not the first choice for a lot of us, but those of us not easily distracted by the media spin were intrigued to see what successful businessman could do. I, along with every single other Republican at the watch party that year, was stunned when he won. In spite of unprecedented attacks from all sides, he accomplished a great deal of good. Do I, like innumerable Republicans I know and have spoken to, wish he was less abrasive? Sure. But so what? Those of you who want to wring your hands and clutch your pearls over sound bites, unproven allegations, and outright fabrications you swallowed whole can take several seats, as none of you has ever voiced an issue with the Dems re-electing, and practically canonizing a man who LITERALLY killed a woman at the start of his career.
I, and the majority of Republicans I know and have spoken with, was optimistic about 2024. We've got some really excellent prospects, while y'all have a ventriloquist dummy and a useless cackling bobblehead at the top of your ticket. I had a Trump nom at about 25%, before the Mar a Lago raid. I didn't particularly want Trump to run again - I simply think he'll be too old, and the spiral down the rabbit hole the left will cause us all to endure is just not worth it. I'd say the latest stunt from the Swamp has at least doubled the chances of Trump getting the nomination, which is unfortunate, but if he gets it. I'll probably vote for him. The damage already done by Bidens manipulators can't continue.

tlynn78

#20 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:16 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:53 am
kroxquo wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:11 am
tlynn78 wrote:

You voting R means less than zero, much like your suggestion.
Oh, and you might want to tuck that in; your misogyny is showing.

kroxquo

#21 Post by kroxquo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:14 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:14 am
kroxquo wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

I don't (unlike you all-knowing experts) claim to speak for the "vast majority" of Republicans. I see it like this: Trump was the Republican nominee in 2016. He was not the first choice for a lot of us, but those of us not easily distracted by the media spin were intrigued to see what successful businessman could do. I, along with every single other Republican at the watch party that year, was stunned when he won. In spite of unprecedented attacks from all sides, he accomplished a great deal of good. Do I, like innumerable Republicans I know and have spoken to, wish he was less abrasive? Sure. But so what? Those of you who want to wring your hands and clutch your pearls over sound bites, unproven allegations, and outright fabrications you swallowed whole can take several seats, as none of you has ever voiced an issue with the Dems re-electing, and practically canonizing a man who LITERALLY killed a woman at the start of his career.
I, and the majority of Republicans I know and have spoken with, was optimistic about 2024. We've got some really excellent prospects, while y'all have a ventriloquist dummy and a useless cackling bobblehead at the top of your ticket. I had a Trump nom at about 25%, before the Mar a Lago raid. I didn't particularly want Trump to run again - I simply think he'll be too old, and the spiral down the rabbit hole the left will cause us all to endure is just not worth it. I'd say the latest stunt from the Swamp has at least doubled the chances of Trump getting the nomination, which is unfortunate, but if he gets it. I'll probably vote for him. The damage already done by Bidens manipulators can't continue.
I should clarify. When I refer to the "vast majority of the Republican party" I am referring to elected members of the House of Representatives and Senate and not necessarily the rank and file of the party. I was not clear on that so I do apologize.

Are you not bothered by the fact that the man attempted to undermine American democracy? The statements he made for months which caused distrust of the electoral process? The promulgation of the idea that his election loss was not real despite having no credible evidence to back him up? The fact that he did nothing for more than 3 hours while people waving flags and wearing hats with his name on them assaulted the Capitol and verbalized threats to elected officials?

I do not understand how anyone, regardless of political ideology, can regard someone like that as fit for any office, let alone the Presidency.

kroxquo

#22 Post by kroxquo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:42 am

tlynn78 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

none of you has ever voiced an issue with the Dems re-electing, and practically canonizing a man who LITERALLY killed a woman at the start of his career.
Could you give me more detail on this? I do not know to what you are referring.

Bob Juch

#23 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:45 am

tlynn78 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

TFG was not a successful businessman. It's too bad you all believed the lies.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#24 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:52 am

kroxquo wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:42 am
Could you give me more detail on this? I do not know to what you are referring.
I'll be nice and credit you with some adequate acting skills, but you still aren't pulling it off.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#25 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:55 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:45 am
TFG was not a successful businessman. It's too bad you all believed the lies.
What lies?

That a man can be pregnant or have a menstral cycle? That inflation for July was 0.0%? That spending $100bln will reduce inflation? That TCG never discussed business with his son? That Trump colluded with Russia?

I never believed any of them.
~~ Thomas Jefferson