TFG takes the 5th

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: TFG takes the 5th

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 pm
And Bobbie, you can refer to me as "she" but that just makes you the 13 year-old in the room. You are doing it out of spite, hate, whatever. I'm refering to males as "he" because that is what I believe is right. Not to hurt someone's feelings as you assume I am because that's what you'd do.
Why should I (or anyone else) respect your gender identity when you won't respect someone else's? You've heard of the Golden Rule, right? Perhaps being treated the way you're choosing to treat others will help you to empathize with them a little more. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#27 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:56 am

BackInTex wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:17 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:52 pm

And the thing is, why is it YOUR prerogative to change the language? And castigate anyone who does not conform to YOUR ideas? What's next? Will you PURGE those who refer to people in third person by their birth sex? What harm would it cause to just do what you want and let others do what they see fit? How does referring to Levine on this bored, or anywhere else, by one pronoun or another, do anyone any harm? If Levine is reduced to being completely inconsolable by that, perhaps Levine is not the person for the job.
I am sure you have, as I have, been called a lot worse things directly than being referred to by my third-person pronouns. Just look at my signature.

Cut it out.
I am not changing the language. Women are referred to as "she." Rachel Levine is a woman, so therefore she should be treated as such. To do otherwise is to demean her humanity and that is a harm to all people. I was brought up to respect people for who they are and I will call out intolerance and bigotry when I see it. To turn a blind eye to it is to passively accept it.

And you are right, I have been called much worse. That does not make it acceptable to continue to do so.
Rachel Levin is not a woman. He is a man who wants you and everyone else to treat him like a woman. I'm not demeaning his dignity, he has done that to himself. If he wants to dress in women's clothes, he is free to do so. And you are free to refer to him as "her" or "she" or "they" or whatever. This is not a pretend world and it is truly sad for our nation and culture that so many are cowtowing the obvious falsehoods to make yourselves feel better or to be part of something because something is missing in your lives, hell, I don't know. You're all batshit crazy as far as I'm concerned.

And Bobbie, you can refer to me as "she" but that just makes you the 13 year-old in the room. You are doing it out of spite, hate, whatever. I'm refering to males as "he" because that is what I believe is right. Not to hurt someone's feelings as you assume I am because that's what you'd do.
Please read what's in my avatar photo.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#28 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:33 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:56 am
BackInTex wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:17 pm

I am not changing the language. Women are referred to as "she." Rachel Levine is a woman, so therefore she should be treated as such. To do otherwise is to demean her humanity and that is a harm to all people. I was brought up to respect people for who they are and I will call out intolerance and bigotry when I see it. To turn a blind eye to it is to passively accept it.

And you are right, I have been called much worse. That does not make it acceptable to continue to do so.
Rachel Levin is not a woman. He is a man who wants you and everyone else to treat him like a woman. I'm not demeaning his dignity, he has done that to himself. If he wants to dress in women's clothes, he is free to do so. And you are free to refer to him as "her" or "she" or "they" or whatever. This is not a pretend world and it is truly sad for our nation and culture that so many are cowtowing the obvious falsehoods to make yourselves feel better or to be part of something because something is missing in your lives, hell, I don't know. You're all batshit crazy as far as I'm concerned.

Please read what's in my avatar photo.
I've read the fiction of your current avatar. And filth of your previous avatars. You should read the Bible, all 66 books. You won't fully understand it, but it would be a start.
Last edited by BackInTex on Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:17 am

Or because she doesn't see her transgender brothers and sisters as fully human, and certainly not as deserving of human dignity.
Wow, you're going there, are you?
So, what's the next step? Accuse us of building gas chambers to get rid of transgenders? We are deplorable, so you can call us and accuse us of anything you want, and that is acceptable, because you are the 'virtuous' and the 'enlightened', and we are the ignorant unwashed.

Rachel Levine was born a MALE. Rachel Levine has both X and Y chromosomes. That will never change unless science develops a way to replace all one's chromosomes. Those are the FACTS.
He or she is free to decide how he or she presents him or herself to the world. He or she has that right. More power to him or her.

But what he or she DOESN'T have is the right to DEMAND that everyone else in the world ignore the FACTS and change their worldview to suit his or her choice. Up until a few years ago, psychologists had a classification called 'gender dysphoria'. For reasons unknown, but possibly political, they decided to change that. A group of psychologists.

Now we have biological males who believe themselves to be females DEMANDING that they be treated as if they have XX chromosomes and vice versa. And everyone in society must conform to their belief or face a lot more challenges to their human dignity, and even legal consequences, if they don't. Basic cultural and societal structures are being ripped apart and thrown out without any public debate, justification or even discussion. All because a group of psychologists made an arbitrary determination?

Sorry, I don't accept this. Yes, Rachel Levine and her brothers and sisters are fully human. Shame on YOU for implying that I, or anyone else, thinks otherwise. But they do not get to change physical science and several thousand years of human culture. And I will not be 'shamed' because I don't use the pronouns YOU want me to in referring to him/her. That is MY choice, just like it is his or her choice how he or she wants to present his or herself to the world.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#30 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:06 am

AG James is suing Trump, Trump Jr., Eric and Ivanka for bank, tax and insurance fraud. The illegal acts were disclosed by Michael Cohen in 2019 when he testified in Congress and pleaded guilty.

James announced the charges moments after Biden finished his General Assembly speech elsewhere in New York.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי