FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago

#26 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:04 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:50 am
I am kind of appalled if the stories of how they collected stuff are accurate - if they do find anything, they have laid themselves wide open for claims of evidence planting.
Trump's attorney was present during the search. I would assume that she could question any alleged improprieties in court. Trump's Secret Service detail "facilitated access to the property" but did not participate in the search. I would also guess that the FBI would be especially careful in documenting their actions with bodycams to head off any charges like this.

I'm curious as to what Tgirl's sources were that appalled her so much.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#27 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:04 am

tlynn78 wrote:
SSS should be worried that no one in the United States is safe when the top LE agency is weaponized.
SSS and the other like him are simply happy they are being well fed and taken care of.....sort of like cattle in a feed lot.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:59 pm

The swamp is so scared of Donald Trump running in 2024, they are risking this in a desperate attempt to prevent him from running. They raid his home over a dispute with the National Archives? Really?

Wray undoubtedly knew about this when he testified before the Senate last week. In addition, he avoided further questioning because he had to leave early to catch an FBI owned plane to go on his vacation.

If you recall, it is WITHOUT DISPUTE that Hillary Clinton had hundreds of classified documents on the hard drives she hammered and acid washed in violation of a subpoena. Not to mention the continuing inaction on Hunter Biden. If democrats didn't have double standards, they'd have none at all.

Trump, if he is elected in 2024, knows much more about the swamp that defeated him in 2020. He will be prepared this time. He will dismantle it. Starting with the wholly politicized FBI. It is currently worse than when it was run by J Edgar.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:14 pm

Marc Elias, corrupt lawyer for Hillary Clinton, says the reason for the raid is to prevent Trump from holding office.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/mar ... was-about/

Fortunately, Elias is as stupid as he is corrupt.
Despite the 18 US Code 2071 that Elias cites, it is pretty certain that the US Constitution takes precedent in this case.
There are 3, and only 3, requirements in order to run for President of the United States. In absence of a new amendment, these requirements stand.

What is also not being discussed in the wonderfully enlightened lapdog press is that the '15 boxes' seemed to have already been turned over to the National Archives back in February.

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-reco ... 53349.html

OH,OH, But there was a search warrant!!!
If we want to be honest, this is Washington DC. A judge can be found to sign off on anything. This judge, the 'honorable' Bruce Reinhart, apparently has had some dirt dug up on him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA10tQON

Dirt is dirt in DC. You want to deal in dirt, look on both sides.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#30 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:30 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:14 pm
A judge can be found to sign off on anything. This judge, the 'honorable' Bruce Reinhart, apparently has had some dirt dug up on him.

You forgot to mention that Donald Trump appointed Reinhart as a federal magistrate.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#31 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:53 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:30 pm
A judge can be found to sign off on anything. This judge, the 'honorable' Bruce Reinhart, apparently has had some dirt dug up on him.

You forgot to mention that Donald Trump appointed Reinhart as a federal magistrate.
Not correct. Magistrate judges aren't Article III judges and aren't appointed by the President. They're appointed by the District Judges of the District. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#32 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:53 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:30 pm

Not correct. Magistrate judges aren't Article III judges and aren't appointed by the President. They're appointed by the District Judges of the District. --Bob
Darn, stalker. Get your story straight. Even though the point you are trying to make has NOTHING to do with what I pointed out. But because you have to find something in what I post to dispute or criticize, you pick the most irrelevant sentence and even get that wrong.
Even another comrade is correcting you.

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:23 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:04 am
tlynn78 wrote:
SSS should be worried that no one in the United States is safe when the top LE agency is weaponized.
SSS and the other like him are simply happy they are being well fed and taken care of.....sort of like cattle in a feed lot.
I don't recall any of the Bored's right wingers getting in a fuss when Trump kept publicly asking Bill Barr to indict or arrest Biden prior to the 2020 election.

jarnon

#34 Post by jarnon » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:24 pm

The FBI is investigating more than improper handling of documents. And not just in Florida.

FBI seizes Rep. Scott Perry’s phone
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:10 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:24 pm
The FBI is investigating more than improper handling of documents. And not just in Florida.

Geez, the Soviet Union will return here first, before Putin can do it.

Bob Juch

#36 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:44 pm

Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:10 pm
jarnon wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:24 pm

Geez, the Soviet Union will return here first, before Putin can do it.
Arresting the fascists doesn't make the Democrats communists.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#37 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:24 am

Newsweek is reporting a confidential informant told the FBI what classified documents Donny kept (after claiming he'd returned them all) and where he kept them. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#38 Post by jarnon » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:53 am

jarnon wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:23 pm
Trump is also struggling to locate documents subpoenaed by the New York attorney general. He should take a cue from Alex Jones and send all the evidence directly to the prosecutors. Save the taxpayers the cost of raiding him.
He has a strong motivation to “misplace” evidence.

Trump Says He’s Taking Fifth Amendment in N.Y. AG’s Asset Probe
Donald Trump wrote:I once asked, “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” Now I know the answer to that question.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#39 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:13 pm

Trump has a copy of the search warrant and a receipt from the FBI with a manifest of the items seized. He could release that if he wanted to in order to bolster his witch hunt claims.

But he doesn't.

flockofseagulls104

#40 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:01 pm

silverscreenselect

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:00 am

All of which proves exactly nothing. There are reports in the Wall Street Journal, not exactly a left-wing newspaper, that an informant inside Mar-a-Lago tipped off the FBI that there were still classified documents there, which prompted the raid. Newsweek says that the source told the FBI what documents were still in Trump's possession and where they were. The FBI timed the raid when Trump wasn't there so he wouldn't have an opportunity to grandstand and turn the event into a circus

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-info ... re-1732283

Bob Juch

#42 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:31 am

Jonathan Turley said, “I mean, if the subpoena worked the first time, then presumably a second subpoena would work the second time if there were remaining documents.”

No, dummy, that means that TFG hid them the first time. Why would they expect him to turn them over this time?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#43 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:41 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:31 am
Jonathan Turley said, “I mean, if the subpoena worked the first time, then presumably a second subpoena would work the second time if there were remaining documents.”

No, dummy, that means that TFG hid them the first time. Why would they expect him to turn them over this time?
They took twelve boxes of documents away this time!

jarnon

#44 Post by jarnon » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:13 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:31 am

The FBI convinced both DOJ lawyers and the magistrate that a search warrant is needed. That includes explaining why another subpoena would not yield the same result.

Trump (and the Wall Street Journal and Newsweek) is justified in suspecting that somebody in his circle tipped off the FBI.
Catch 22 wrote:Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
Last edited by jarnon on Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#45 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:18 am

jarnon wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:13 am
Trump (and the Wall Street Journal and Newsweek) is justified in suspecting that somebody in his circle tipped off the FBI.
Catch 22 wrote:Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
And just because they're after you doesn't mean you're not guilty.

silverscreenselect

#46 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:49 am

From The Shovel, an Australian satirical political blog (but this time they're spot on):
We are certainly no fans of Donald Trump – let’s make that clear from the outset. But yesterday’s raid by the FBI on the home of a former president sets a dangerous precedent. A precedent which now means that anyone who evades taxes, attempts to undermine an election, sexually assaults women, manipulates the value of their assets, uses state resources to enrich themselves or aids and abets the overthrow of a democratically elected government will be subject to investigation.

Is that the world we want to live in? Where anyone accused of insurrection can be subject to questioning from law enforcement officers? It’s a slippery slope. Before we know it, regular citizens accused of defrauding the government, concealing evidence, manipulating financial documents, tampering with witnesses or perverting the course of justice will also be held to account. Or to put it another way, if we simply shrug our shoulders and fail to question the actions of the FBI, soon any old Joe Citizen who is suspected of ripping classified government documents into small pieces and flushing them down the toilet will be obliged to answer to law enforcement, as well as their plumber. If we don’t ask the hard questions about the potential motives of the FBI now, soon any one of us who buries our ex-wife in a small grave at the side of their golf course in order to gain a tax concession will be treated with suspicion.

As Trump supporters put it so clearly yesterday, if this can happen to a President, it could happen to anyone who has committed insurrection, assault or fraud. That’s a chilling thought. We are on new ground here. As Donald Trump himself made clear, this is the first time a former president’s home has been raided. Proof, if ever we needed it, that the FBI shamefully only targets people who it considers to have committed a crime. Who gave FBI director Chris Wray that authority?

As we made clear earlier, we’re certainly not Trump supporters. But in today’s partisan world, it would be easy to fall into the trap of cheering on the FBI’s actions, without taking a step back to look at the bigger picture. If Trump goes to jail, it opens the door for every lying, corrupt, perverted piece of shit to go to jail too. Is that what we want?

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2022/08/10 ... umps-home/

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#47 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:16 am

Oh, the irony. Guess who signed the bill that increased the penalty for unlawful removal OR RETENTION of classified records from one year to five, making it a felony. I'll give you a hint: It happened in 2018.

Donny will be in the unique position not only of being the only former occupant of the Oval Office to be convicted of a crime, but of having signed the very law he'll be convicted of violating. --Bob

BackInTex

#48 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:52 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:16 am
Oh, the irony. Guess who signed the bill that increased the penalty for unlawful removal OR RETENTION of classified records from one year to five, making it a felony. I'll give you a hint: It happened in 2018.

Donny will be in the unique position not only of being the only former occupant of the Oval Office to be convicted of a crime, but of having signed the very law he'll be convicted of violating. --Bob
Already convicted, huh? What do you know that the yet to be convened grand jury doesn't?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

wbtravis007

#49 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:17 am

He'll get a ton of money from a lot of suckers over this.

Gotta admit that he's really good at that, and that he knows his people.

They didn't even get that he was mocking them when he talked about how they would be cool with him shooting somebody in the middle of Fifth Avenue (and said that that showed how smart they are).

Bob Juch

#50 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:46 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/11/us/p ... poena.html

Former President Donald J. Trump received a subpoena this spring in search of documents that federal investigators believed he had failed to turn over earlier in the year, when he returned boxes of material he had improperly taken with him upon moving out of the White House, three people familiar with the matter said.

The existence of the subpoena helps to flesh out the sequence of events that led to the search of Mr. Trump’s Florida home on Monday by F.B.I. agents seeking classified material they believed might still be there, even after efforts by the National Archives and the Justice Department to ensure that it had been returned.

The subpoena suggests that the Justice Department tried methods short of a search warrant to account for the material before taking the politically explosive step of sending F.B.I. agents unannounced to Mar-a-Lago, Mr. Trump’s home and members-only club.

Two people briefed on the classified documents that investigators believe remained at Mar-a-Lago indicated that they were so sensitive in nature, and related to national security, that the Justice Department had to act.

MORE