RIP Olivia Newton-John

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

RIP Olivia Newton-John

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Olivia Newton-John, who gained worldwide acclaim for her starring role in "Grease," died Monday morning at age 73, according to her family.

:( She was great. This is very sad.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

Re: RIP Olivia Newton-John

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:07 pm

You beat me by seconds. Here's my post:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/08/arts ... -dead.html

Olivia Newton-John, who sang some of the biggest hits of the 1970s and ’80s while recasting her image as the virginal girl next door into a spandex-clad vixen — a transformation reflected in miniature by her starring role in “Grease,” one of the most popular movie musicals of its era — died on Monday at her ranch in Southern California. She was 73.

The death was announced by her husband, John Easterling.

MORE
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

Re: RIP Olivia Newton-John

#3 Post by jarnon » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:06 pm

I read in an Israeli newspaper that Olivia Newton-John is the granddaughter of German Jewish physicist and Nobel Prize honoree Max Born. Her memory is a blessing.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי