"Coward" and "threat to the republic"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

"Coward" and "threat to the republic"

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:48 am

Daily Kos wrote:Liz Cheney is fighting for her political life in Wyoming as she faces real competition from Trump-backed Harriet Hageman for her House seat in the state’s August 16 primary.

As the clock ticks down and polls show Hageman with a lead, Cheney pulled out the big gun—Dick Cheney. And Donald Trump will not be happy. Cheney starts by saying, “In our 246-year history, there has never been an individual who was a greater threat to the republic than Donald Trump.”

Cheney then went on to blast Trump for trying to “steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters rejected him.”

It’s wild to find full agreement with Dick Cheney on, well, anything. But here we are, in the upside-down.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

Re: "Coward" and "threat to the republic"

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:03 am

The swamp protects its own.
As the clock ticks down and polls show Hageman with a lead.
The 'lead' according to the polls, averages 26 percent.
Even if every democrat in the state votes for Cheney in the repub primary, she's still not going to win, if the polls are any indication. But I don't believe in polls anyway, so what do I know?
Cheney's only chance is if they have mail-in voting in Wyoming and she gets the out-of-state and deceased vote in her favor.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:03 am
Even if every democrat in the state votes for Cheney in the repub primary, she's still not going to win, if the polls are any indication. But I don't believe in polls anyway, so what do I know?
By any objective or historical standard, Liz Cheney is very conservative. While Trump was President, Cheney supported his positions 93% of the time. She even issued a statement praising the Supreme Court decision striking down Roe v. Wade. The only issues on which she's not "conservative" enough for most Republicans are Trump's malfeasance and the Big Lie. But that's enough for Flock and many like him.

The Republican Party has abandoned all sense of dedication to conservative values in favor of becoming a fan club for Donald Trump. Liz Cheney will lose her seat to Congress to another Trumpist. But Republicans are on the verge of doing something unprecedented in US political history in the last century. They are about to lose seats in an off-year election in which the Democratic President is highly unpopular.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:58 pm

From Babylon Bee... Not me

WILSON, WY — Former Vice President Dick Cheney, who famously started two wars in the Middle East and shot a dude in the face while hunting, now says Donald Trump is the greatest threat America has ever faced.

"Donald Trump is an evil reprobate and a big meanie, and a danger to our Constitutional rights," growled the retired politician who orchestrated the brutal torture of hundreds of detainees who were held without trial. "We must make sure he never gets elected to office again. And also, vote for my daughter, Liz."

Political consultants applauded Liz Cheney for her brilliant move of tapping on of the most hated politicians in history to help boost her political chances. Initial polling indicates her approval has climbed .0000002 percentage points since Dick Cheney's statement.

"If there's a singular figure universally adored by every hard-working American, it's Dick Cheney," said a spokesperson for the campaign. "We are grateful for his endorsement, and look forward to seeing her represent the citizens of Wyoming."

Trump was quick to respond to Cheney's statement, saying "Poor little Dick Cheney! He's so mad that I got elected president instead of him. Boo hoo! Maybe he should stop shooting dudes in the face! Sorry, Dick!"

At publishing time, Liz Cheney's approval dipped again after her Dad accidentally shot another dude in the face.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

kroxquo

#5 Post by kroxquo » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:24 pm

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:58 pm

WILSON, WY — Former Vice President Dick Cheney, who famously started two wars in the Middle East and shot a dude in the face while hunting, now says Donald Trump is the greatest threat America has ever faced.

"Donald Trump is an evil reprobate and a big meanie, and a danger to our Constitutional rights," growled the retired politician who orchestrated the brutal torture of hundreds of detainees who were held without trial. "We must make sure he never gets elected to office again. And also, vote for my daughter, Liz."

Political consultants applauded Liz Cheney for her brilliant move of tapping on of the most hated politicians in history to help boost her political chances. Initial polling indicates her approval has climbed .0000002 percentage points since Dick Cheney's statement.

"If there's a singular figure universally adored by every hard-working American, it's Dick Cheney," said a spokesperson for the campaign. "We are grateful for his endorsement, and look forward to seeing her represent the citizens of Wyoming."

Trump was quick to respond to Cheney's statement, saying "Poor little Dick Cheney! He's so mad that I got elected president instead of him. Boo hoo! Maybe he should stop shooting dudes in the face! Sorry, Dick!"

At publishing time, Liz Cheney's approval dipped again after her Dad accidentally shot another dude in the face.
You know that Babylon Bee is a satirical website, right?
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:26 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:24 pm

WILSON, WY — Former Vice President Dick Cheney, who famously started two wars in the Middle East and shot a dude in the face while hunting, now sa :lol: ys Donald Trump is the greatest threat America has ever faced.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

kroxquo

#7 Post by kroxquo » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:35 pm

Cheney's only chance is if they have mail-in voting in Wyoming and she gets the out-of-state and deceased vote in her favor.
I don't know which is worse - knowing that every word Dick Cheney is saying is true but denying it to yourself or others, or not believing it and saying that Dick @#$%ing Cheney is not a true Republican because he will not pay fealty to a narcissistic demagogue.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:12 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:24 pm

OH! Are they REALLY?
Geez, krox.
No, I won't say anything more.

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:14 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:35 pm
I don't know which is worse - knowing that every word Dick Cheney is saying is true but denying it to yourself or others, or not believing it and saying that Dick @#$%ing Cheney is not a true Republican because he will not pay fealty to a narcissistic demagogue.
I know something even worse.
But I'll be nice.

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 pm

Flock, I like the bible quotes in your avatar; when will you follow them?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 pm
Flock, I like the bible quotes in your avatar; when will you follow them?
They be for you.

Weyoun

#12 Post by Weyoun » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:09 am

It is weird how Dick Cheney is a member of the swamp, but a so-called billionaire who owes money to various Middle Eastern and Russian interests absolutely is free and clear of any concerning influences.

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:29 am

kroxquo wrote:
Somehow, this whole incident and, indeed, the entire way that Flock and others try to redefine what a Republican or conservative is, reminds me of Winston Smith's job at the Ministry of Truth where he had to rewrite historical records to conform with current government policy.
Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore, Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible.

jarnon

#14 Post by jarnon » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:08 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:29 am
kroxquo wrote:
Somehow, this whole incident and, indeed, the entire way that Flock and others try to redefine what a Republican or conservative is, reminds me of Winston Smith's job at the Ministry of Truth where he had to rewrite historical records to conform with current government policy.
Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore, Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible.
It reminds me of Trump's bizarre hostility towards Senator McCain, and McCain's daughter's loyalty. Also Barbara Bush's defense of her family.

OTOH, Ted Cruz kowtows to Trump even though Trump suggested Cruz's father conspired with Lee Harvey Oswald and Cruz's wife is ugly. No family loyalty there.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:22 am

It reminds me of an intensly unpopular politician desperate to maintain her position.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#16 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:23 am

jarnon wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:08 am
kroxquo wrote:
It reminds me of Trump's bizarre hostility towards Senator McCain, and McCain's daughter's loyalty. Also Barbara Bush's defense of her family.

OTOH, Ted Cruz kowtows to Trump even though Trump suggested Cruz's father conspired with Lee Harvey Oswald and Cruz's wife is ugly. No family loyalty there.
If you understand that the real enemy is the monstrous, faceless, unelected, unaccountable bureaucracy that Washington DC has become, aided by a lapdog 'press', you might be able to understand where MAGA is coming from. The stalker has it right. Just 180 degrees in the other direction.
But you will never understand. Most of you have been unalterably programmed by the Ministry of Truth.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:26 am

kroxquo wrote:
Are you just now figuring out that you’re arguing with a conspiracy theorist? There will ALWAYS be another explanation. The key characteristic of a conspiracy theory is that it’s never falsifiable. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:50 am

Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:23 am
The stalker has it right. Just 180 degrees in the other direction.
But you will never understand. Most of you have been unalterably programmed by the Ministry of Truth.
Well, apparently our Court System doesn't understand either, because they've rejected every one of the 60 or more lawsuits alleging election fraud. And now they're starting to hand out healthy defamation verdicts against the Trumpist purveyors of Flock's truth as well.

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:55 am

If you understand that the real enemy is the monstrous, faceless, unelected, unaccountable bureaucracy that Washington DC has become, aided by a lapdog 'press', you might be able to understand where MAGA is coming from. The stalker has it right. Just 180 degrees in the other direction. But you will never understand. Most of you have been unalterably programmed by the Ministry of Truth.
Here's someone who expresses Flock's sentiments a lot better than he does but with the same conviction:

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:43 am

Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:55 am
If you understand that the real enemy is the monstrous, faceless, unelected, unaccountable bureaucracy that Washington DC has become, aided by a lapdog 'press', you might be able to understand where MAGA is coming from. The stalker has it right. Just 180 degrees in the other direction. But you will never understand. Most of you have been unalterably programmed by the Ministry of Truth.
Here's someone who expresses Flock's sentiments a lot better than he does but with the same conviction:

The Caine Mutiny influenced the 25th Amendment. Its authors wanted a procedure to remove a disabled President.

The Caine Mutiny was one of my father's favorite films. He was also a Lieutenant Commander in WW2.