Stop telling people to steal our pens

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Stop telling people to steal our pens

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:56 pm

Arizona official issues cease-and-desist notice to Republican candidate: Stop telling people to steal our pens

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/26909491 ... l-our-pens

The top prosecutor in Maricopa County , Arizona issued a cease-and-desist notice to a Republican candidate who has amplified voter fraud conspiracy theories and told supporters to steal pens from polling places on Election Day.

Gail Golec, a GOP candidate for county supervisor, told her supporters on 2 August to take felt-tip pens provided at ballot boxes, echoing baseless election-related claims that ballots would not be counted if they are filled with other kinds of ink.

Arizona emerged as a hotbed of election conspiracy theory activity in the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election. Prominent election deniers running for the GOP nominations for Arizona’s governor and secretary of state – the chief election administrator – are among a wave of Donald Trump-endorsed candidates seeking the party’s nomination for November’s general election, building their campaigns around election fraud lies in the critical swing state.

On her Telegram account, Ms Golec told her supporters to “take the Pentel pen with you and leave a blue pen behind. Eventually they will run out!”

In her letter, Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell asked Ms Golec to retract her statements on Twitter, “acknowledging that no one should steal pens from voting locations and urging that no one do so.”

“As you well know, theft of any sort is unlawful; moreover encouraging theft of the fast-drying ink pens specifically recommended for election day voting is a deliberate attempt to interfere with election administration and will have the harmful effect of delaying the vote tabulation of election day ballots, as the wet ink harms the vote center tabulation machines,” Ms Mitchell wrote.

MORE
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.