Our "Popular Culture" on parade

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#51 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:27 pm

Estonut wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:01 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:22 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:51 pm
But you are acting like the stalker and the above-average lawyer here. Ignoring facts you don't like. No, ear, that's NOT what happened. PELOSI UNILATERALLY REJECTED JIM JORDAN AND JIM BANKS FROM THE COMMITTEE. Based on that, McCarthy and the repubs decided not to play along with her game.
Flock, you're admitting you're wrong here. McCarthy named five Republicans to the committee. The committee accepted three of them and gave McCarhy the option to name two more. Out of over 200 Republicans in the House, you would think he had plenty of candidates from which to choose. Nevertheless, he decided not to, as you put it "play along with her game." But that's not the same thing as excluding all Republicans. It's Flock who is "ignoring facts you don't like" as he does many times.
Where did Flock say that "all Republicans" were excluded? I see where he said, "PELOSI UNILATERALLY REJECTED JIM JORDAN AND JIM BANKS FROM THE COMMITTEE."

You then called him wrong and said, "The committee accepted three of them and gave McCarhy [sic] the option to name two more." Does your own exhaustive research show that the two NOT accepted were someone other than Jordan and Banks? If not, how is it that YOU are not wrong here?
Best to just ignore the stalker. HIS game is to refute what he can by twisting syntax and context, finding some other leftist pundit or social media influencer that has already come up with an 'answer' to anyone who dares to question the accepted narrative, to simply ignore the rest by taking stupid, driveby potshots at me, and cowardly weaseling out of defending his self-sure pronouncements.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#52 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm

For earendel and the rest of you:

It is possible you may not know the facts, since facts are hard to come by in today's excuse for journalism. You are only repeating the narrative.

Rep McCarthy had originally chosen 5 representatives to be a part of the proposed committee to look into what happened on Jan 6, 2021.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics ... index.html

Pelosi unilaterally decided to reject Jordan and Banks. In response to that, McCarthy pulls out all republicans from the committee unless Pelosi reinstates them.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-mcca ... jim-banks/

Instead, in a wonderful compromise, Pelosi appoints the 2 most anti-trump republicans to the committee. And they both readily and gladly agree to be part of the star chamber.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi ... commission

The RNC censures, and all but kicks these two representatives out of the republican party. They are pretty much official, card-carrying RINOs, and will both, most certainly, be out of jobs come November.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republ ... -committee

Consider, if you will, the chaotic, hateful circuses the democrats made of the Kavanaugh and Barrett hearings, when they were in the minority. (And just in case you've forgotten, let's go back to the Thomas confirmation shit show, which was designed and orchestrated by none other than Joe Biden, who, at that time, still had maybe half his marbles intact.) In this clown show, they had all their most partisan hacks all together in unanimity. The Swamp on parade in all its glory. Nobody to question or debunk their lies and unfounded allegations. And given prime time exposure.

Please understand, there are undoubtedly many other areas just like this where you are only aware of the narrative that is being pushed, not being given the underlying facts and other perspectives.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20976
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#53 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:36 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm
Instead, in a wonderful compromise, Pelosi appoints the 2 most anti-trump republicans to the committee. And they both readily and gladly agree to be part of the star chamber.
Flock still can't get around facts. The Republicans had three members already on the Committee. They could have picked two more. They chose not to do so, which was a strategic blunder on their part. Had they remained on the Committee, they could have called witnesses and introduced evidence. They could have cross-examined witnesses. They chose not to do so. This is the equivalent of a litigant who allows a default to be entered against him and then complains about not getting a chance to prove his case.

Liz Cheney has one of the most conservative voting records in Congress. To call her a RINO is a tacit admission that adherence to traditional Republican or conservative values is no longer a sign of being a Republican. Instead, it's blind fealty to Donald Trump.

And despite the characterization of this as a Star Chamber, the fact remains that the vast majority of the incriminating evidence and testimony came from Republicans.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#54 Post by kroxquo » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:19 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm
For earendel and the rest of you:

It is possible you may not know the facts, since facts are hard to come by in today's excuse for journalism. You are only repeating the narrative.

Rep McCarthy had originally chosen 5 representatives to be a part of the proposed committee to look into what happened on Jan 6, 2021.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics ... index.html

Pelosi unilaterally decided to reject Jordan and Banks. In response to that, McCarthy pulls out all republicans from the committee unless Pelosi reinstates them.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-mcca ... jim-banks/

Instead, in a wonderful compromise, Pelosi appoints the 2 most anti-trump republicans to the committee. And they both readily and gladly agree to be part of the star chamber.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi ... commission

The RNC censures, and all but kicks these two representatives out of the republican party. They are pretty much official, card-carrying RINOs, and will both, most certainly, be out of jobs come November.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republ ... -committee

Consider, if you will, the chaotic, hateful circuses the democrats made of the Kavanaugh and Barrett hearings, when they were in the minority. (And just in case you've forgotten, let's go back to the Thomas confirmation shit show, which was designed and orchestrated by none other than Joe Biden, who, at that time, still had maybe half his marbles intact.) In this clown show, they had all their most partisan hacks all together in unanimity. The Swamp on parade in all its glory. Nobody to question or debunk their lies and unfounded allegations. And given prime time exposure.
h
Please understand, there are undoubtedly many other areas just like this where you are only aware of the narrative that is being pushed, not being given the underlying facts and other perspectives.
From your second link - After he pulled all of his picks "McCarthy said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon that Republicans will conduct their own investigation. "

So not only did they choose not to participate in the investigation, they also failed to follow through on conducting their own promised investigation where they could control the narrative themselves. I wonder why.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20835
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#55 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:49 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:19 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm
For earendel and the rest of you:

It is possible you may not know the facts, since facts are hard to come by in today's excuse for journalism. You are only repeating the narrative.

Rep McCarthy had originally chosen 5 representatives to be a part of the proposed committee to look into what happened on Jan 6, 2021.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics ... index.html

Pelosi unilaterally decided to reject Jordan and Banks. In response to that, McCarthy pulls out all republicans from the committee unless Pelosi reinstates them.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-mcca ... jim-banks/

Instead, in a wonderful compromise, Pelosi appoints the 2 most anti-trump republicans to the committee. And they both readily and gladly agree to be part of the star chamber.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi ... commission

The RNC censures, and all but kicks these two representatives out of the republican party. They are pretty much official, card-carrying RINOs, and will both, most certainly, be out of jobs come November.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republ ... -committee

Consider, if you will, the chaotic, hateful circuses the democrats made of the Kavanaugh and Barrett hearings, when they were in the minority. (And just in case you've forgotten, let's go back to the Thomas confirmation shit show, which was designed and orchestrated by none other than Joe Biden, who, at that time, still had maybe half his marbles intact.) In this clown show, they had all their most partisan hacks all together in unanimity. The Swamp on parade in all its glory. Nobody to question or debunk their lies and unfounded allegations. And given prime time exposure.
h
Please understand, there are undoubtedly many other areas just like this where you are only aware of the narrative that is being pushed, not being given the underlying facts and other perspectives.
From your second link - After he pulled all of his picks "McCarthy said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon that Republicans will conduct their own investigation. "

So not only did they choose not to participate in the investigation, they also failed to follow through on conducting their own promised investigation where they could control the narrative themselves. I wonder why.
You do realize, don't you, that this is the equivalent of trying to persuade a flat-earther that the Earth is, in fact, round. There will always be another conspiracy theory to refute.

In my opinion, someone who's this lost in a fantasy world is impossible to reason with. All you can do is make sure they're not in position for their delusions to do harm. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12016
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#56 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:49 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:19 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm
For earendel and the rest of you:

It is possible you may not know the facts, since facts are hard to come by in today's excuse for journalism. You are only repeating the narrative.

Rep McCarthy had originally chosen 5 representatives to be a part of the proposed committee to look into what happened on Jan 6, 2021.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics ... index.html

Pelosi unilaterally decided to reject Jordan and Banks. In response to that, McCarthy pulls out all republicans from the committee unless Pelosi reinstates them.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-mcca ... jim-banks/

Instead, in a wonderful compromise, Pelosi appoints the 2 most anti-trump republicans to the committee. And they both readily and gladly agree to be part of the star chamber.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi ... commission

The RNC censures, and all but kicks these two representatives out of the republican party. They are pretty much official, card-carrying RINOs, and will both, most certainly, be out of jobs come November.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republ ... -committee

Consider, if you will, the chaotic, hateful circuses the democrats made of the Kavanaugh and Barrett hearings, when they were in the minority. (And just in case you've forgotten, let's go back to the Thomas confirmation shit show, which was designed and orchestrated by none other than Joe Biden, who, at that time, still had maybe half his marbles intact.) In this clown show, they had all their most partisan hacks all together in unanimity. The Swamp on parade in all its glory. Nobody to question or debunk their lies and unfounded allegations. And given prime time exposure.
h
Please understand, there are undoubtedly many other areas just like this where you are only aware of the narrative that is being pushed, not being given the underlying facts and other perspectives.
From your second link - After he pulled all of his picks "McCarthy said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon that Republicans will conduct their own investigation. "

So not only did they choose not to participate in the investigation, they also failed to follow through on conducting their own promised investigation where they could control the narrative themselves. I wonder why.
You do realize, don't you, that this is the equivalent of trying to persuade a flat-earther that the Earth is, in fact, round. There will always be another conspiracy theory to refute.

In my opinion, someone who's this lost in a fantasy world is impossible to reason with. All you can do is make sure they're not in position for their delusions to do harm. --Bob
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12016
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#57 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:49 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:19 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm
For earendel and the rest of you:

It is possible you may not know the facts, since facts are hard to come by in today's excuse for journalism. You are only repeating the narrative.

Rep McCarthy had originally chosen 5 representatives to be a part of the proposed committee to look into what happened on Jan 6, 2021.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics ... index.html

Pelosi unilaterally decided to reject Jordan and Banks. In response to that, McCarthy pulls out all republicans from the committee unless Pelosi reinstates them.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-mcca ... jim-banks/

Instead, in a wonderful compromise, Pelosi appoints the 2 most anti-trump republicans to the committee. And they both readily and gladly agree to be part of the star chamber.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi ... commission

The RNC censures, and all but kicks these two representatives out of the republican party. They are pretty much official, card-carrying RINOs, and will both, most certainly, be out of jobs come November.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republ ... -committee

Consider, if you will, the chaotic, hateful circuses the democrats made of the Kavanaugh and Barrett hearings, when they were in the minority. (And just in case you've forgotten, let's go back to the Thomas confirmation shit show, which was designed and orchestrated by none other than Joe Biden, who, at that time, still had maybe half his marbles intact.) In this clown show, they had all their most partisan hacks all together in unanimity. The Swamp on parade in all its glory. Nobody to question or debunk their lies and unfounded allegations. And given prime time exposure.
h
Please understand, there are undoubtedly many other areas just like this where you are only aware of the narrative that is being pushed, not being given the underlying facts and other perspectives.
From your second link - After he pulled all of his picks "McCarthy said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon that Republicans will conduct their own investigation. "

So not only did they choose not to participate in the investigation, they also failed to follow through on conducting their own promised investigation where they could control the narrative themselves. I wonder why.
You do realize, don't you, that this is the equivalent of trying to persuade a flat-earther that the Earth is, in fact, round. There will always be another conspiracy theory to refute.

In my opinion, someone who's this lost in a fantasy world is impossible to reason with. All you can do is make sure they're not in position for their delusions to do harm. --Bob
I'm unable to post what I wanted to post. "Internal server error".

They probably can aswer the folloiwng question, without qualifcation, correctly: C a n a m a n g e t p r e g n a n t ?
Those unwilling, unable to, or who answere "yes" to that question don't get to talk about anyone else's delusions.
Last edited by BackInTex on Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12016
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#58 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:56 pm

Test post.
Can a man get
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12016
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#59 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:56 pm

Test post

pregnant
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12016
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#60 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:56 pm

Can a man get pregnant?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#61 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:03 pm

Well, if they are really a female but they think they are a man and everyone else has to pretend that's the case or else they will be considered to be a hateful epithet, regardless whether they hate anyone or not.

Now I think I got the concept correct, but I'm sure I'll be corrected for the words I used.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#62 Post by earendel » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:50 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:34 pm
earendel wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:26 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm
Did any enterprising journalist even bother to ask them what they wanted? Why they were there? Attempt to interview them? Not that they'd necessarily tell them the truth.
I think it is a very big indication of how far journalism has fallen that someone like you or me doesn't know any of this information. Only photos and that they were there. And that main stream media pretty much allows this slander of TPUSA to get through to its audience and covers it with a 20-second' apology', then goes about business as usual.
Would you give the same courtesy to, say, a group of ANTIFA demonstrators at a Black Lives Matter protest?
To what courtesy do you refer?
The courtesy of not assuming that all of those involved in the George Floyd protests were ANTIFA or BLM.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:34 pm
It would be nice if journalists did their jobs at all.
First of all, people like the stalker don't believe antifa even exists. Apparently, you do. Good for you.
I believe there are anti-fascists, but not that there is a monolithic organization. It's a bunch of groups connected by an ideology but without a structure.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:34 pm
Secondly, antifa and blm are both extreme leftist organizations. Oh, 'not blm!' you say. Well, as far as I know, BLM is an official organization. It has several founders, many of whom have reportedly gotten rich off the millions of dollars the organization has generated. And more than one of it's founders are self-admitted communists. According to many reports I have seen. Many, if not most, of the most violent 'peaceful' protests were done in the name of blm.
I respectfully disagree with your assessment regarding BLM. Or, rather, like ANTIFA, there is no monolithic BLM organization. While I'm not affiliated with any BLM group, I know of several people, including a minister at my church, who is. And they are not "extreme leftist" by any means. Like every group, there are extremes.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#63 Post by earendel » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:00 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm
For earendel and the rest of you:

It is possible you may not know the facts, since facts are hard to come by in today's excuse for journalism. You are only repeating the narrative.
Minority Leader McCarthy did indeed pick 5 representatives to serve. But two of those he selected were Trump true believers. Speaker Pelosi believed that they would have been disruptive. And, as it turns out, Representative Jordan was later subpoenaed by the investigating committee. I suspect that McCarthy deliberately chose Jordan and Banks knowing their past statements would result in Pelosi rejecting them, giving McCarthy the opportunity to pull the others and claim that the committee was biased. Political theater at its finest.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#64 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:39 am

earendel wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:00 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm
For earendel and the rest of you:

It is possible you may not know the facts, since facts are hard to come by in today's excuse for journalism. You are only repeating the narrative.
Minority Leader McCarthy did indeed pick 5 representatives to serve. But two of those he selected were Trump true believers. Speaker Pelosi believed that they would have been disruptive. And, as it turns out, Representative Jordan was later subpoenaed by the investigating committee. I suspect that McCarthy deliberately chose Jordan and Banks knowing their past statements would result in Pelosi rejecting them, giving McCarthy the opportunity to pull the others and claim that the committee was biased. Political theater at its finest.
Um, are people who are 'Trump True Believers' not valid people? What are they? Sub human?
When did that happen?

Oh yeah, I guess we're all still deplorables, right?

What about the 'Trump Haters'? Why weren't they barred from the committee because they might be 'disruptive'?
Why are they not an excluded class like 'Trump True Believers'?
Could it be that the result of the committee was predetermined?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#65 Post by earendel » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:35 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:39 am
Um, are people who are 'Trump True Believers' not valid people? What are they? Sub human?
When did that happen?

Oh yeah, I guess we're all still deplorables, right?

What about the 'Trump Haters'? Why weren't they barred from the committee because they might be 'disruptive'?
Why are they not an excluded class like 'Trump True Believers'?
Could it be that the result of the committee was predetermined?
I didn't say anything about "valid people" nor am I lumping them and you as "deplorables". Can we try to stick to the subject at hand?

Three of Speaker McCarthy's picks objected to the certification of the presidential election, so that couldn't have been the criterion for rejecting Jordan and Banks. As noted, Jordan was later subpoenaed by the committee, so his being on the committee could have been problematic. Nehls, Armstrong, and Davis, had they been allowed to remain on the committee, would have had the opportunity to ask questions, call witnesses, etc. But in what I still believe was an act of political theater, McCarthy chose two people he knew would not be acceptable to Pelosi, giving him the opportunity to pull the others off and claim that the committee was biased.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#66 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:35 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:39 am
Um, are people who are 'Trump True Believers' not valid people? What are they? Sub human?
When did that happen?

Oh yeah, I guess we're all still deplorables, right?

What about the 'Trump Haters'? Why weren't they barred from the committee because they might be 'disruptive'?
Why are they not an excluded class like 'Trump True Believers'?
Could it be that the result of the committee was predetermined?
I didn't say anything about "valid people" nor am I lumping them and you as "deplorables". Can we try to stick to the subject at hand?

Three of Speaker McCarthy's picks objected to the certification of the presidential election, so that couldn't have been the criterion for rejecting Jordan and Banks. As noted, Jordan was later subpoenaed by the committee, so his being on the committee could have been problematic. Nehls, Armstrong, and Davis, had they been allowed to remain on the committee, would have had the opportunity to ask questions, call witnesses, etc. But in what I still believe was an act of political theater, McCarthy chose two people he knew would not be acceptable to Pelosi, giving him the opportunity to pull the others off and claim that the committee was biased.
Really, ear?
EVERYONE Pelosi wanted on the committee voted to impeach trump twice.
Why would ANYONE McCarthy named not be acceptable? Why the fuck does Pelosi get to determine that?
And after the clown star chamber we witnessed, you are really accusing McCarthy of engaging in political theater?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#67 Post by earendel » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Really, ear?
EVERYONE Pelosi wanted on the committee voted to impeach trump twice.
That's not correct. She was willing to accept three nominees - Rodney Davis (Illinois 13th disrict), Kelly Armstrong (North Dakota - at large), and Troy Nehls (Texas 22nd district). On both impeachment votes, Davis and Armstrong voted no; Nehls wasn't elected until November 2020 and took office on January 3, 2021, so he didn't take part in voting either time.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Why would ANYONE McCarthy named not be acceptable? Why the fuck does Pelosi get to determine that?
And after the clown star chamber we witnessed, you are really accusing McCarthy of engaging in political theater?
If YOU were picking a panel to investigate someone, would you pick someone who you knew was going to be obstructionist?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20835
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#68 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:25 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Really, ear?
EVERYONE Pelosi wanted on the committee voted to impeach trump twice.
That's not correct. She was willing to accept three nominees - Rodney Davis (Illinois 13th disrict), Kelly Armstrong (North Dakota - at large), and Troy Nehls (Texas 22nd district). On both impeachment votes, Davis and Armstrong voted no; Nehls wasn't elected until November 2020 and took office on January 3, 2021, so he didn't take part in voting either time.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Why would ANYONE McCarthy named not be acceptable? Why the fuck does Pelosi get to determine that?
And after the clown star chamber we witnessed, you are really accusing McCarthy of engaging in political theater?
If YOU were picking a panel to investigate someone, would you pick someone who you knew was going to be obstructionist?
The second impeachment vote occurred in January 2021, so Rep. Nehls had the opportunity to vote on it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5624
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#69 Post by jarnon » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:26 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Really, ear?
EVERYONE Pelosi wanted on the committee voted to impeach trump twice.
That's not correct. She was willing to accept three nominees - Rodney Davis (Illinois 13th disrict), Kelly Armstrong (North Dakota - at large), and Troy Nehls (Texas 22nd district). On both impeachment votes, Davis and Armstrong voted no; Nehls wasn't elected until November 2020 and took office on January 3, 2021, so he didn't take part in voting either time.
Minor correction: The second impeachment vote was on January 13 and Nehls also voted no.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#70 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:39 pm

earendel wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Really, ear?
EVERYONE Pelosi wanted on the committee voted to impeach trump twice.
That's not correct. She was willing to accept three nominees - Rodney Davis (Illinois 13th disrict), Kelly Armstrong (North Dakota - at large), and Troy Nehls (Texas 22nd district). On both impeachment votes, Davis and Armstrong voted no; Nehls wasn't elected until November 2020 and took office on January 3, 2021, so he didn't take part in voting either time.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Why would ANYONE McCarthy named not be acceptable? Why the fuck does Pelosi get to determine that?
And after the clown star chamber we witnessed, you are really accusing McCarthy of engaging in political theater?
If YOU were picking a panel to investigate someone, would you pick someone who you knew was going to be obstructionist?
If YOU were picking a panel to find out the TRUTH, would you only pick people who have opinions on one side of the issue?
Yes, if you are Nancy Pelosi and the democrats.
TRUTH is not a democrat party value.
To be honest, it's not much valued in Washington DC in general, for that matter.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#71 Post by kroxquo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:18 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:39 pm
earendel wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Really, ear?
EVERYONE Pelosi wanted on the committee voted to impeach trump twice.
That's not correct. She was willing to accept three nominees - Rodney Davis (Illinois 13th disrict), Kelly Armstrong (North Dakota - at large), and Troy Nehls (Texas 22nd district). On both impeachment votes, Davis and Armstrong voted no; Nehls wasn't elected until November 2020 and took office on January 3, 2021, so he didn't take part in voting either time.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 am
Why would ANYONE McCarthy named not be acceptable? Why the fuck does Pelosi get to determine that?
And after the clown star chamber we witnessed, you are really accusing McCarthy of engaging in political theater?
If YOU were picking a panel to investigate someone, would you pick someone who you knew was going to be obstructionist?
If YOU were picking a panel to find out the TRUTH, would you only pick people who have opinions on one side of the issue?
Yes, if you are Nancy Pelosi and the democrats.
TRUTH is not a democrat party value.
To be honest, it's not much valued in Washington DC in general, for that matter.
Assuming all you say is true, then where is the Republican investigation that Kevin McCarthy promised when he withdrew all his picks from the committee? If their goal was to get to the truth, then they could have been running their own parallel hearings. That way they would have as much control as the Democrats have. The fact that they didn't co-operate or follow through on their own speaks volumes.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#72 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:39 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:18 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:39 pm
earendel wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am

That's not correct. She was willing to accept three nominees - Rodney Davis (Illinois 13th disrict), Kelly Armstrong (North Dakota - at large), and Troy Nehls (Texas 22nd district). On both impeachment votes, Davis and Armstrong voted no; Nehls wasn't elected until November 2020 and took office on January 3, 2021, so he didn't take part in voting either time.

If YOU were picking a panel to investigate someone, would you pick someone who you knew was going to be obstructionist?
If YOU were picking a panel to find out the TRUTH, would you only pick people who have opinions on one side of the issue?
Yes, if you are Nancy Pelosi and the democrats.
TRUTH is not a democrat party value.
To be honest, it's not much valued in Washington DC in general, for that matter.
Assuming all you say is true, then where is the Republican investigation that Kevin McCarthy promised when he withdrew all his picks from the committee? If their goal was to get to the truth, then they could have been running their own parallel hearings. That way they would have as much control as the Democrats have. The fact that they didn't co-operate or follow through on their own speaks volumes.
You know what, krox? I have no idea. That is why I am not a republican. They talk about doing things, but don't follow through with them. And there's a lot of things that speak many more volumes than that. But you choose not to see them.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

Post Reply