Our "Popular Culture" on parade

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20835
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
Nope. I didn't dismiss your statement. I disputed it. With stuff that's gone out of fashion in the modern Republican Party, called facts, citations, and evidence.

Saying "You're wrong" with literally no factual explanation or support -- now THAT's dismissive. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20976
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:28 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm
Do you think that any nazi organization, who are admittedly not in their right minds, think that declaring their support for ANYTHING is going to help that entity? So why are they there?

There could be many reasons:
1. To hurt TPUSA by association.
2. To support TPUSA
3. To protest the TPUSA protestors.
4. To hurt TPUSA because of an alleged feud with them.
5. A planted demonstration by people against TPUSA.
6. Just to get on TV

Did any enterprising journalist even bother to ask them what they wanted? Why they were there? Attempt to interview them? Not that they'd necessarily tell them the truth.
I think it is a very big indication of how far journalism has fallen that someone like you or me doesn't know any of this information. Only photos and that they were there. And that main stream media pretty much allows this slander of TPUSA to get through to its audience and covers it with a 20-second' apology', then goes about business as usual.
Flock, if you would bother to do the slightest bit of research before flying off the handle with groundless diatribes about the mainstream media, you wouldn't be proven wrong so often and so easily and you might have some credibility with anyone else on this Bored. The View is an entertainment broadcast, not a news show. The people who express their views are entertainers, nothing more. And they issued an apology. As far as the story itself, here's what the mainstream news had to say. From the Associated Press:
Turning Point spokesman Andrew Kolvet said Sunday that the Nazi protesters had no affiliation with the conference and that his organization condemned their ideologies. "Since these individuals were located on public property, our security attempted to, but was not permitted to remove them," Kolvet said in an email. "We have no idea who they are or why they were here. They have nothing to do with TPUSA, our event, or our students. Our students, after initially confronting them, ultimately took the mature route and vacated the space. Once that happened, these individuals left."

Florida politicians across the political spectrum, from Republican U.S. Rick Scott to Democratic gubernatorial candidates Charlie Crist and Nikki Fried, condemned the Nazi protesters on Sunday.
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/stat ... n-in-tampa

I'd challenge Flock to come up with a single news report claiming that this Nazis were associated with Turning Point, but he usually ignores me when he's caught with no room to wiggle out. As far as who the demonstrators were, other that Flock's fanciful theories, we have actual news reporters who got to the bottom both the story pretty quickly. This article appeared the very same day as the Nazi demonstration:
The extremist groups arrived after more than 100 protesters marched from Lykes Gaslight Square Park to the convention center to speak out against recent actions by the Supreme Court, especially the overturning of Roe V. Wade. Creative Loafing Tampa Bay photographer Dave Decker caught photos of the neo-Nazis waving swastika flags, along with flags that read "DeSantis Country." The group distributed flyers, one of which said "every single aspect of abortion is Jewish." The flyers say they were distributed by the Goyim Defense League, which the Anti-Defamation League describes as an extremist terrorist organization that was responsible for at least 74 anti-semitic propaganda incidents in 2021.
https://www.cltampa.com/tampa/photos-ne ... 4/13859325

Bottom line: Flock's reviled news media quickly identified who was behind the demonstration and the reasons (a warped counter-protest against the abortion protestors in attendance). They also included statements from Turning Point and other Republicans condemning the protestors.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 25248
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#28 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:26 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:17 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
I'll take the conservative crazies over the liberal crazies anyday.
The liberal crazies aren't waving their guns around.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#29 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:36 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:26 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:17 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
I'll take the conservative crazies over the liberal crazies anyday.
The liberal crazies aren't waving their guns around.
Or storming the US Capitol trying to throw out the results of a free and fair election.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13187
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#30 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:31 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
Nope. I didn't dismiss your statement. I disputed it. With stuff that's gone out of fashion in the modern Republican Party, called facts, citations, and evidence.

Saying "You're wrong" with literally no factual explanation or support -- now THAT's dismissive. --Bob
Still wrong.
Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:32 am

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:36 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:26 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:17 pm


I'll take the conservative crazies over the liberal crazies anyday.
The liberal crazies aren't waving their guns around.
Or storming the US Capitol trying to throw out the results of a free and fair election.
How soon and how conveniently we forget.

The leftists crazies just burn down cities and random businesses. They also do wave guns and fire them, and DO shoot people. And somehow they managed to do that in 'mostly peaceful' protests.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-panne ... nosha-fire

Joshua Ziminski fired the first shot in the Kenosha insurrection that ended with the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting.
https://policetribune.com/police-charge ... osha-riot/

Retired Police Officer David Dorn was shot and killed in another BLM- Antifa insurrection.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/st-lo ... index.html

And you conveniently forget they took over the Wisconsin State House, which the democrat leaders fully supported. Which indicates either (or both) they weren't 'crazies' or the democrat leadership were the 'crazies'.
That is in no way an excuse for the riot that happened on Jan 6, but a very big indication of hypocrisy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nancy- ... te-capitol

Here's the deal. What happened on Jan 6th should never have happened. And it was a terrible event which it is correct to pin and blame the right-wing for. For me, and for millions of others who watched as this unfolded, my thoughts were 'NO! Don't do that! That will not help anything and make it worse! Don't stoop to their level. We are better than that!'

However, the reason, and the only reason, it is being hyped up as an 'insurrection' is blatantly political.

Realistically, if you can think that way, what was the end game if this had been planned? Do you REALLY think that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers had some master plan to take over the government? If you do, please explain exactly how that would go down. Do you REALLY think that Trump planned it? Please explain how you think that would have gone down.

And it still puzzles me how the only person shot and killed in this riot was an unarmed woman, Ashley Babbit, who could have easily have been detained, and the person who killed her has faced little, if any, disciplinary action or punishment for his actions. He shot and killed someone, when there was no immediate threat of bodily harm to himself or anyone else, as is shown by video EVIDENCE. Why this double standard?

And tell me how, to this day, the majority of the people in this country believe, according to at least one poll,

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... s-paradise

that there are questions about the 2020 election that have not been sufficiently answered, yet the 'investigation' into the Jan 6th riot did not in any way address that issue. In fact, they completely and totally avoided any references to it, and excluded anyone from their 'committee' that might have addressed that issue.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20976
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:58 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:32 am
However, the reason, and the only reason, it is being hyped up as an 'insurrection' is blatantly political.

Realistically, if you can think that way, what was the end game if this had been planned? Do you REALLY think that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers had some master plan to take over the government? If you do, please explain exactly how that would go down. Do you REALLY think that Trump planned it? Please explain how you think that would have gone down.
The plan was to stop the certification of the election results and get Congress and/or Mike Pence to certify the alternate electors in the various states. Trump wanted to lead the march to the Capitol before the Secret Service stopped him. The plan succeeded to the extent that the certification was delayed for several hours. If Pence had been caught or killed in the violence, anything might have happened.

And calling the various riots at BLM protests insurrections doesn't make them so. And the poll Flock cites wasn't "until this day." It was taken in October 2021.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#33 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:58 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:32 am
However, the reason, and the only reason, it is being hyped up as an 'insurrection' is blatantly political.

Realistically, if you can think that way, what was the end game if this had been planned? Do you REALLY think that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers had some master plan to take over the government? If you do, please explain exactly how that would go down. Do you REALLY think that Trump planned it? Please explain how you think that would have gone down.
The plan was to stop the certification of the election results and get Congress and/or Mike Pence to certify the alternate electors in the various states. Trump wanted to lead the march to the Capitol before the Secret Service stopped him. The plan succeeded to the extent that the certification was delayed for several hours. If Pence had been caught or killed in the violence, anything might have happened.

And calling the various riots at BLM protests insurrections doesn't make them so. And the poll Flock cites wasn't "until this day." It was taken in October 2021.
Ear:
I held my nose and looked at the troll to my last post.

General kneejerk refutation immediately following a post I made. Just a conspiracy theory of his own that is supposedly to be taken seriously, whereas any alternate theory or explanation is impossible to even consider. (Just like the Jan 6 star chamber, where I believe, most, if not all, the members voted to impeach Trump.). No consideration of any of the major points I made, no consideration that any alternate perspective could possibly be in any way valid, even though millions of others share the opinions that I do. And a 'he's wrong again' because I showed a poll he thinks is outdated. OK, here's one that is more recent:

https://crimeresearch.org/2022/03/rasmu ... -election/
This was before 2000 Mules, btw.

I'm sure he can come up with polls that say the opposite, but still: A significant percentage of the citizens of the US believe there are unanswered questions in the 2020 election. Why is that issue NOT addressed?

My stalker shows he has only one mission. And it is not critical thinking. It is to try and debunk anything I post and to debunk me by any means possible.

Oh yes. They ALL did vote to impeach Trump, if this article is accurate.
https://www.worthynews.com/60275-all-ni ... each-trump

Why would any fair-minded person consider anything that 'committee' put out? It was 1000% prosecution, 0% defense. That is how the democrat party operates.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20976
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:15 pm

Rasmussen's poll believes there was cheating. Sixty court cases couldn't find any. The "star chamber" produced the testimony of dozens of Republicans about what went on before January 6. And Kevin McCarthy had three people on the committee and was invited to add two more but instead pulled them all. That's his decision.

My theory of what went on is supported by tons of evidence at the hearing. Soon, it's going to be supported by indictments as well.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13187
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#35 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
Nope. I didn't dismiss your statement. I disputed it. With stuff that's gone out of fashion in the modern Republican Party, called facts, citations, and evidence.

Saying "You're wrong" with literally no factual explanation or support -- now THAT's dismissive. --Bob
You use citations that reflect a minority of "conservative" leaning peeps. I said most normal people, like the majority of voters, voters, voters don't buy into the crazy. I know this because of discussions with normal people. But, good luck with that.
Well, then

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20835
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#36 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:38 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:29 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
Nope. I didn't dismiss your statement. I disputed it. With stuff that's gone out of fashion in the modern Republican Party, called facts, citations, and evidence.

Saying "You're wrong" with literally no factual explanation or support -- now THAT's dismissive. --Bob
You use citations that reflect a minority of "conservative" leaning peeps. I said most normal people, like the majority of voters, voters, voters don't buy into the crazy. I know this because of discussions with normal people. But, good luck with that.
Whatever the voters you talk to may say, the undeniable fact is that lots of voters keep voting for the crazies. We know that because they keep getting elected, sometimes by ousting sane members of the Republican Party. That won’t change until Republican voters in large numbers start choosing Democrats in general elections when they’re running against crazy Republicans. There’s little evidence that’s happening in significant numbers. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13187
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#37 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:38 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:29 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 pm
Nope. I didn't dismiss your statement. I disputed it. With stuff that's gone out of fashion in the modern Republican Party, called facts, citations, and evidence.

Saying "You're wrong" with literally no factual explanation or support -- now THAT's dismissive. --Bob
You use citations that reflect a minority of "conservative" leaning peeps. I said most normal people, like the majority of voters, voters, voters don't buy into the crazy. I know this because of discussions with normal people. But, good luck with that.
Whatever the voters you talk to may say, the undeniable fact is that lots of voters keep voting for the crazies. We know that because they keep getting elected, sometimes by ousting sane members of the Republican Party. That won’t change until Republican voters in large numbers start choosing Democrats in general elections when they’re running against crazy Republicans. There’s little evidence that’s happening in significant numbers. —Bob
Please cite proof.
Well, then

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20835
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#38 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:52 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:45 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:38 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:29 pm
You use citations that reflect a minority of "conservative" leaning peeps. I said most normal people, like the majority of voters, voters, voters don't buy into the crazy. I know this because of discussions with normal people. But, good luck with that.
Whatever the voters you talk to may say, the undeniable fact is that lots of voters keep voting for the crazies. We know that because they keep getting elected, sometimes by ousting sane members of the Republican Party. That won’t change until Republican voters in large numbers start choosing Democrats in general elections when they’re running against crazy Republicans. There’s little evidence that’s happening in significant numbers. —Bob
Please cite proof.
Liz Cheney is down by about 30 points in her primary. Pennsylvania Republicans appear to have chosen an outright anti-Semite as their nominee for governor -- one who won't speak to a non-Christian reporter because he believes we should be a white Christian nationalist country. (And yes, I'm aware that those words didn't come out of his mouth, but I'm also aware that he hasn't disavowed them.)

We can take a look at how Arizona Republicans hired Cyber Ninjas (who didn't actually know what they were doing), or how the Wisconsin Legislature similarly tried to undermine its election. Thanks to gerrymandering, those Wisconsin legislators will continue to get elected. In contrast, Rusty Bowers is now facing a serious primary challenge in Arizona because he told the truth to the January 6 Committee.

But it's easier than that. A majority of the House Republican Caucus voted to throw out the election results. The vast majority of them are going to get reelected. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13187
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#39 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:07 pm

It's all good. If Biden and Trump run in 2024 I won't vote. Totally against my belief but there ya go. I at least admit there are assholes on both sides, in fact most all politicians are corrupt.
Well, then

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#40 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:27 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:45 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:38 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:29 pm
You use citations that reflect a minority of "conservative" leaning peeps. I said most normal people, like the majority of voters, voters, voters don't buy into the crazy. I know this because of discussions with normal people. But, good luck with that.
Whatever the voters you talk to may say, the undeniable fact is that lots of voters keep voting for the crazies. We know that because they keep getting elected, sometimes by ousting sane members of the Republican Party. That won’t change until Republican voters in large numbers start choosing Democrats in general elections when they’re running against crazy Republicans. There’s little evidence that’s happening in significant numbers. —Bob
Please cite proof.
55% of Republican candidates for governor either fully or partially deny the legitmacy of the 2020 election
54% of Republican candidates for the House of Representatives
33% of Republican candidates for State Attorneys General
27% of Republican candidates for U.S. Senate
24% of Republican candidates for State Secretaries of State

Some of these have not had their primaries yet, but looking at the ones who have already won, the numbers are quite similar. And there are probably more among the candidates who have not made a statement one way or other.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/at ... -november/
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#41 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:14 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:27 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:45 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:38 pm
Whatever the voters you talk to may say, the undeniable fact is that lots of voters keep voting for the crazies. We know that because they keep getting elected, sometimes by ousting sane members of the Republican Party. That won’t change until Republican voters in large numbers start choosing Democrats in general elections when they’re running against crazy Republicans. There’s little evidence that’s happening in significant numbers. —Bob
Please cite proof.
55% of Republican candidates for governor either fully or partially deny the legitmacy of the 2020 election
54% of Republican candidates for the House of Representatives
33% of Republican candidates for State Attorneys General
27% of Republican candidates for U.S. Senate
24% of Republican candidates for State Secretaries of State

Some of these have not had their primaries yet, but looking at the ones who have already won, the numbers are quite similar. And there are probably more among the candidates who have not made a statement one way or other.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/at ... -november/
So, if you have questions about the legitimacy of the 2020 election, you're a 'crazy'?
What about those of you that still, even today, after all the investigations and bullshit, believe the Russia hoax and that Trump was illegitimately elected?
There's a lot of crazies, ain't there? But, like everything else today, it seems to go only one way.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#42 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:44 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:14 pm

So, if you have questions about the legitimacy of the 2020 election, you're a 'crazy'?
What about those of you that still, even today, after all the investigations and bullshit, believe the Russia hoax and that Trump was illegitimately elected?
There's a lot of crazies, ain't there? But, like everything else today, it seems to go only one way.
In a word, yes. The fact that people who are in a position to know - some of whom were some of the 45th President's closest advisors - believe that election conspiracy theories are, to use left wing fanatic Bill Barr's phrase, bullshit; and that no one has yet to produce one scintilla of evidence that would hold up in court; and that people close to him testified under oath that he was informed of all this but ignored it would lead me to believe that anyone who is still holding on to this fallacy is, maybe not crazy, but woefully misled, misguided, and just plain wrong. You and they have been deceived by a narcissistic demagogue who has no concern for the country but only for himself and how his name and brand is perceived. I have not made up my mind on whether he actually believes the crap that he and others spread and continue to spread about the election. Either way he is either a liar or delusional and is sending the Constitution into its death spiral. I just hate to see good people like you and many others I know sucked into his vortex.

As for the 2016 election, I think it has been proven pretty conclusively that Russia meddled in the 2016 election to the detriment of Hilary Clinton. There was not evidence that the 45th President's campaign coordinated with the Russians. Frankly I don't think they did. No one on that campaign would have been smart enough to do it and not keep it from leaking. Does that mean I think he was elected illegitimately? No. Under the rules of the game, he won. I was not happy about it (not that I am a fan of Hilary) but he won. I think most Democrats would agree. I know Hilary has gone on record saying that she thinks he was an illegitimate president, but that is sour grapes. She lost to the worst major party candidate for President in American history. If she'd run a better campaign, it should not have even been close. The Russians were definitely backing his horse and we will never know whether the outcome would have been different if they hadn't interfered. But she did lose and most rational people would agree.

One other major difference between the two situations. When she lost in 2016, Hilary stepped aside, conceded the election and acknowledged the 45th President to allow for a peaceful transfer of power. The same could not be said in 2020.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#43 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:02 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:44 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:14 pm

So, if you have questions about the legitimacy of the 2020 election, you're a 'crazy'?
What about those of you that still, even today, after all the investigations and bullshit, believe the Russia hoax and that Trump was illegitimately elected?
There's a lot of crazies, ain't there? But, like everything else today, it seems to go only one way.
In a word, yes. The fact that people who are in a position to know - some of whom were some of the 45th President's closest advisors - believe that election conspiracy theories are, to use left wing fanatic Bill Barr's phrase, bullshit; and that no one has yet to produce one scintilla of evidence that would hold up in court; and that people close to him testified under oath that he was informed of all this but ignored it would lead me to believe that anyone who is still holding on to this fallacy is, maybe not crazy, but woefully misled, misguided, and just plain wrong. You and they have been deceived by a narcissistic demagogue who has no concern for the country but only for himself and how his name and brand is perceived. I have not made up my mind on whether he actually believes the crap that he and others spread and continue to spread about the election. Either way he is either a liar or delusional and is sending the Constitution into its death spiral. I just hate to see good people like you and many others I know sucked into his vortex.

As for the 2016 election, I think it has been proven pretty conclusively that Russia meddled in the 2016 election to the detriment of Hilary Clinton. There was not evidence that the 45th President's campaign coordinated with the Russians. Frankly I don't think they did. No one on that campaign would have been smart enough to do it and not keep it from leaking. Does that mean I think he was elected illegitimately? No. Under the rules of the game, he won. I was not happy about it (not that I am a fan of Hilary) but he won. I think most Democrats would agree. I know Hilary has gone on record saying that she thinks he was an illegitimate president, but that is sour grapes. She lost to the worst major party candidate for President in American history. If she'd run a better campaign, it should not have even been close. The Russians were definitely backing his horse and we will never know whether the outcome would have been different if they hadn't interfered. But she did lose and most rational people would agree.

One other major difference between the two situations. When she lost in 2016, Hilary stepped aside, conceded the election and acknowledged the 45th President to allow for a peaceful transfer of power. The same could not be said in 2020.
Yes, I'm sure I have been deceived, krox.
So have you. By CNN. by MSNBC, by ABC, CBS and NBC. By AP by Reuters. And mostly by the swamp that rules all in Washington DC.
New Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump is “being really dumb” by taking on the intelligence community and its assessments on Russia’s cyber activities.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.
IMO They have and they are.

God help us all.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#44 Post by earendel » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm
Did any enterprising journalist even bother to ask them what they wanted? Why they were there? Attempt to interview them? Not that they'd necessarily tell them the truth.
I think it is a very big indication of how far journalism has fallen that someone like you or me doesn't know any of this information. Only photos and that they were there. And that main stream media pretty much allows this slander of TPUSA to get through to its audience and covers it with a 20-second' apology', then goes about business as usual.
Would you give the same courtesy to, say, a group of ANTIFA demonstrators at a Black Lives Matter protest?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#45 Post by earendel » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:40 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:06 pm
Ear:
I held my nose and looked at the troll to my last post.

General kneejerk refutation immediately following a post I made. Just a conspiracy theory of his own that is supposedly to be taken seriously, whereas any alternate theory or explanation is impossible to even consider. (Just like the Jan 6 star chamber, where I believe, most, if not all, the members voted to impeach Trump.). No consideration of any of the major points I made, no consideration that any alternate perspective could possibly be in any way valid, even though millions of others share the opinions that I do.
What other explanation is there? I am seriously asking what you think those people were trying to accomplish. As for the "star chamber", as I recall, House Minority Leader McCarthy pulled out any Republicans other than Cheney and Katzinger. Yes, I know he claimed that he didn't believe they would be able to have any impact on the proceedings, etc., but the fact remains that he did exactly that - refuse to allow his party to have a seat at the table.

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:06 pm
https://crimeresearch.org/2022/03/rasmu ... -election/
This was before 2000 Mules, btw.

I'm sure he can come up with polls that say the opposite, but still: A significant percentage of the citizens of the US believe there are unanswered questions in the 2020 election. Why is that issue NOT addressed?
Polls are notoriously unreliable, IMO - one can always find one or two to support whatever position one holds.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#46 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:34 pm

earendel wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:26 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm
Did any enterprising journalist even bother to ask them what they wanted? Why they were there? Attempt to interview them? Not that they'd necessarily tell them the truth.
I think it is a very big indication of how far journalism has fallen that someone like you or me doesn't know any of this information. Only photos and that they were there. And that main stream media pretty much allows this slander of TPUSA to get through to its audience and covers it with a 20-second' apology', then goes about business as usual.
Would you give the same courtesy to, say, a group of ANTIFA demonstrators at a Black Lives Matter protest?
To what courtesy do you refer?

It would be nice if journalists did their jobs at all.
First of all, people like the stalker don't believe antifa even exists. Apparently, you do. Good for you.
Secondly, antifa and blm are both extreme leftist organizations. Oh, 'not blm!' you say. Well, as far as I know, BLM is an official organization. It has several founders, many of whom have reportedly gotten rich off the millions of dollars the organization has generated. And more than one of it's founders are self-admitted communists. According to many reports I have seen. Many, if not most, of the most violent 'peaceful' protests were done in the name of blm.

So yes, I would extend the same courtesy to the leftist protests. The courtesy being 'Hey, supposed NEWS reporters! Report the dang news. And tell the frikken truth for a change!'

I am not gonna hold my breath on that, though.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#47 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:51 pm

What other explanation is there? I am seriously asking what you think those people were trying to accomplish.
I would say: The same thing the people who rioted in many cities all over this country were trying to accomplish in 2020. A ridiculous, dangerous and misdirected venting of anger and frustration.
I won't go into the double standards, other than to mention it, of many high profile democrat leaders, including our VP, raising money and supporting the release of people arrested at the leftist riots, while there are still people in jail since Jan 6 2021, not charged with anything specific.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ting-trial


As for the "star chamber", as I recall, House Minority Leader McCarthy pulled out any Republicans other than Cheney and Katzinger. Yes, I know he claimed that he didn't believe they would be able to have any impact on the proceedings, etc., but the fact remains that he did exactly that - refuse to allow his party to have a seat at the table.
Ear, I know I have said it before, and it is not a state secret. But you are acting like the stalker and the above-average lawyer here. Ignoring facts you don't like. No, ear, that's NOT what happened.
PELOSI UNILATERALLY REJECTED JIM JORDAN AND JIM BANKS FROM THE COMMITTEE. Based on that, McCarthy and the repubs decided not to play along with her game.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5641 ... committee/



I'm sure he can come up with polls that say the opposite, but still: A significant percentage of the citizens of the US believe there are unanswered questions in the 2020 election. Why is that issue NOT addressed?

Polls are notoriously unreliable, IMO - one can always find one or two to support whatever position one holds.
Regardless of what poll, a VERY SIGNIFICANT PERCENTAGE of Americans have doubts about the integrity of the 2020 election. And they are being ignored, canceled and demonized for that. That ain't America, Ear.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20976
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#48 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:51 pm
But you are acting like the stalker and the above-average lawyer here. Ignoring facts you don't like. No, ear, that's NOT what happened. PELOSI UNILATERALLY REJECTED JIM JORDAN AND JIM BANKS FROM THE COMMITTEE. Based on that, McCarthy and the repubs decided not to play along with her game.
Flock, you're admitting you're wrong here. McCarthy named five Republicans to the committee. The committee accepted three of them and gave McCarhy the option to name two more. Out of over 200 Republicans in the House, you would think he had plenty of candidates from which to choose. Nevertheless, he decided not to, as you put it "play along with her game." But that's not the same thing as excluding all Republicans. It's Flock who is "ignoring facts you don't like" as he does many times.

As far as antifa, what I've said is that there is no organized national group called "antifa" or anything similar. There are scattered local protest groups that use the word "antifa" to describe themselves, just like there are groups that use the words "progressive" or "liberal," but that's not the same as a national organization like the Proud Boys or the Oath Keepers.

Over 10% of the population believe the moon landing was fake. Nearly a quarter of the adult population believed in a 2006 study that HIV was created by the US government to reduce minority population. That doesn't mean that we need to conduct exhaustive investigations to prove or disprove either theory.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13187
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#49 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:47 pm

Well, then

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10355
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#50 Post by Estonut » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:01 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:22 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:51 pm
But you are acting like the stalker and the above-average lawyer here. Ignoring facts you don't like. No, ear, that's NOT what happened. PELOSI UNILATERALLY REJECTED JIM JORDAN AND JIM BANKS FROM THE COMMITTEE. Based on that, McCarthy and the repubs decided not to play along with her game.
Flock, you're admitting you're wrong here. McCarthy named five Republicans to the committee. The committee accepted three of them and gave McCarhy the option to name two more. Out of over 200 Republicans in the House, you would think he had plenty of candidates from which to choose. Nevertheless, he decided not to, as you put it "play along with her game." But that's not the same thing as excluding all Republicans. It's Flock who is "ignoring facts you don't like" as he does many times.
Where did Flock say that "all Republicans" were excluded? I see where he said, "PELOSI UNILATERALLY REJECTED JIM JORDAN AND JIM BANKS FROM THE COMMITTEE."

You then called him wrong and said, "The committee accepted three of them and gave McCarhy [sic] the option to name two more." Does your own exhaustive research show that the two NOT accepted were someone other than Jordan and Banks? If not, how is it that YOU are not wrong here?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Post Reply