Our "Popular Culture" on parade

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/abcs- ... r-AA102iS5



There were less than a dozen, or as the above-average lawyer would claim, about 5000, people with nazi regalia outside, on public property, at the Turning Point Summit in Tampa over the weekend.

As far as I could determine, nobody knows who, exactly, these people were, who sent them, who their leader was, or seemed to be the least bit interested in finding out. I do not know of any enterprising journalist who tried to delve into that question. They just reported the fact that nazis were at the Turning Point Summit.

So, our 'popular culture' took it from there. Among the many news articles linking Turning Point with nazis, we have the good ol' fun time girls from The View, an extreme leftist 'talk' show that ABC has for some reason continued to allow to foul the airwaves, taking it many steps further. The link above shows some of their slander against Turning Point, which is an organization led by Charlie Kirk, whose mission is to advance the conservative perspective and counter the leftist agendas in our university system.

What's funny is immediately after each break on the first show, they had the token 'conservative' panelist read a statement by their legal team to try and backtrack on the slanders made by Behar and Goldberg.

Turning Point responded by sending The View's producers an ultimatum that if they did not get a full and complete apology and retraction, they were going to bring a lawsuit.

So, a couple days later they had the token conservative read their 'apology'. Not the two loud mouth clowns who spout the hateful bullshit.

This is what you ' middle-of-the-roaders' on this bored implicitly support, on a day-to-day basis.

There we go. Another entry into my list of opinions that are 100% wrong.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#2 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:47 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 am
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/abcs- ... r-AA102iS5

There were less than a dozen, or as the above-average lawyer would claim, about 5000, people with nazi regalia outside, on public property, at the Turning Point Summit in Tampa over the weekend.

As far as I could determine, nobody knows who, exactly, these people were, who sent them, who their leader was, or seemed to be the least bit interested in finding out. I do not know of any enterprising journalist who tried to delve into that question. They just reported the fact that nazis were at the Turning Point Summit.

So, our 'popular culture' took it from there. Among the many news articles linking Turning Point with nazis, we have the good ol' fun time girls from The View, an extreme leftist 'talk' show that ABC has for some reason continued to allow to foul the airwaves, taking it many steps further. The link above shows some of their slander against Turning Point, which is an organization led by Charlie Kirk, whose mission is to advance the conservative perspective and counter the leftist agendas in our university system.

What's funny is immediately after each break on the first show, they had the token 'conservative' panelist read a statement by their legal team to try and backtrack on the slanders made by Behar and Goldberg.

Turning Point responded by sending The View's producers an ultimatum that if they did not get a full and complete apology and retraction, they were going to bring a lawsuit.

So, a couple days later they had the token conservative read their 'apology'. Not the two loud mouth clowns who spout the hateful bullshit.

This is what you ' middle-of-the-roaders' on this bored implicitly support, on a day-to-day basis.

There we go. Another entry into my list of opinions that are 100% wrong.

There were less than a dozen, or as the above-average lawyer would claim, about 5000, people with nazi regalia outside, on public property, at the Turning Point Summit in Tampa over the weekend.

As far as I could determine, nobody knows who, exactly, these people were, who sent them, who their leader was, or seemed to be the least bit interested in finding out. I do not know of any enterprising journalist who tried to delve into that question. They just reported the fact that nazis were at the Turning Point Summit.

So, our 'popular culture' took it from there. Among the many news articles linking Turning Point with nazis, we have the good ol' fun time girls from The View, an extreme leftist 'talk' show that ABC has for some reason continued to allow to foul the airwaves, taking it many steps further. The link above shows some of their slander against Turning Point, which is an organization led by Charlie Kirk, whose mission is to advance the conservative perspective and counter the leftist agendas in our university system.

What's funny is immediately after each break on the first show, they had the token 'conservative' panelist read a statement by their legal team to try and backtrack on the slanders made by Behar and Goldberg.

Turning Point responded by sending The View's producers an ultimatum that if they did not get a full and complete apology and retraction, they were going to bring a lawsuit.

So, a couple days later they had the token conservative read their 'apology'. Not the two loud mouth clowns who spout the hateful bullshit.

This is what you ' middle-of-the-roaders' on this bored implicitly support, on a day-to-day basis.

There we go. Another entry into my list of opinions that are 100% wrong.
Did you repeat yourself for a reason, or just to make sure the message got through?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:49 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 am
This is what you ' middle-of-the-roaders' on this bored implicitly support, on a day-to-day basis.
I consider myself to be one of those "middle-of-the-roaders" and I never watch The View.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:53 am

earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:49 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 am
This is what you ' middle-of-the-roaders' on this bored implicitly support, on a day-to-day basis.
I consider myself to be one of those "middle-of-the-roaders" and I never watch The View.
But they are representing the platform and the 'views' of the people (I assume) you support and vote into office to represent you. And you can't say they are not 'mainstream'. They are broadcast every day on one of the biggest 'mainstream' media outlets.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:57 am

earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:47 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 am
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/abcs- ... r-AA102iS5

There were less than a dozen, or as the above-average lawyer would claim, about 5000, people with nazi regalia outside, on public property, at the Turning Point Summit in Tampa over the weekend.

As far as I could determine, nobody knows who, exactly, these people were, who sent them, who their leader was, or seemed to be the least bit interested in finding out. I do not know of any enterprising journalist who tried to delve into that question. They just reported the fact that nazis were at the Turning Point Summit.

So, our 'popular culture' took it from there. Among the many news articles linking Turning Point with nazis, we have the good ol' fun time girls from The View, an extreme leftist 'talk' show that ABC has for some reason continued to allow to foul the airwaves, taking it many steps further. The link above shows some of their slander against Turning Point, which is an organization led by Charlie Kirk, whose mission is to advance the conservative perspective and counter the leftist agendas in our university system.

What's funny is immediately after each break on the first show, they had the token 'conservative' panelist read a statement by their legal team to try and backtrack on the slanders made by Behar and Goldberg.

Turning Point responded by sending The View's producers an ultimatum that if they did not get a full and complete apology and retraction, they were going to bring a lawsuit.

So, a couple days later they had the token conservative read their 'apology'. Not the two loud mouth clowns who spout the hateful bullshit.

This is what you ' middle-of-the-roaders' on this bored implicitly support, on a day-to-day basis.

There we go. Another entry into my list of opinions that are 100% wrong.

There were less than a dozen, or as the above-average lawyer would claim, about 5000, people with nazi regalia outside, on public property, at the Turning Point Summit in Tampa over the weekend.

As far as I could determine, nobody knows who, exactly, these people were, who sent them, who their leader was, or seemed to be the least bit interested in finding out. I do not know of any enterprising journalist who tried to delve into that question. They just reported the fact that nazis were at the Turning Point Summit.

So, our 'popular culture' took it from there. Among the many news articles linking Turning Point with nazis, we have the good ol' fun time girls from The View, an extreme leftist 'talk' show that ABC has for some reason continued to allow to foul the airwaves, taking it many steps further. The link above shows some of their slander against Turning Point, which is an organization led by Charlie Kirk, whose mission is to advance the conservative perspective and counter the leftist agendas in our university system.

What's funny is immediately after each break on the first show, they had the token 'conservative' panelist read a statement by their legal team to try and backtrack on the slanders made by Behar and Goldberg.

Turning Point responded by sending The View's producers an ultimatum that if they did not get a full and complete apology and retraction, they were going to bring a lawsuit.

So, a couple days later they had the token conservative read their 'apology'. Not the two loud mouth clowns who spout the hateful bullshit.

This is what you ' middle-of-the-roaders' on this bored implicitly support, on a day-to-day basis.

There we go. Another entry into my list of opinions that are 100% wrong.
Did you repeat yourself for a reason, or just to make sure the message got through?
Copy and paste error. I corrected the original post. Another thing to add to my list of wrongs.

I learned copy and paste only last week from krox. Still working on it. :)
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#6 Post by kroxquo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:11 pm

They made a mistake and acknowledged it and apologized. What's the problem?

I don't think Sean Hannity has ever acknowledged and/or apologized for any of the myriad mistakes he has made over the years.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:25 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:11 pm
They made a mistake and acknowledged it and apologized. What's the problem?

I don't think Sean Hannity has ever acknowledged and/or apologized for any of the myriad mistakes he has made over the years.
Oh, sorry, they made a slight mistake.....

I would say that you might want to do a little extrapolation of this one incident, but I'm getting the distinct impression that you have regressed to the point where you can't or won't.

Are you going to start doing the hannity bit too?

I wonder if you'll change the subject on the questions I asked you in the LBG... thread as well.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#8 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:53 am
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:49 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 am
This is what you ' middle-of-the-roaders' on this bored implicitly support, on a day-to-day basis.
I consider myself to be one of those "middle-of-the-roaders" and I never watch The View.
But they are representing the platform and the 'views' of the people (I assume) you support and vote into office to represent you. And you can't say they are not 'mainstream'. They are broadcast every day on one of the biggest 'mainstream' media outlets.
You know what happens when you assume...

Setting that aside, the problem is that we have a binary political system. One has to either vote for one party or the other, and be burdened with the extremists on either side.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:18 pm

earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:57 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:53 am
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:49 am

I consider myself to be one of those "middle-of-the-roaders" and I never watch The View.
But they are representing the platform and the 'views' of the people (I assume) you support and vote into office to represent you. And you can't say they are not 'mainstream'. They are broadcast every day on one of the biggest 'mainstream' media outlets.
You know what happens when you assume...

Setting that aside, the problem is that we have a binary political system. One has to either vote for one party or the other, and be burdened with the extremists on either side.
I would put it to you that you vote for the party (assumption) that you do because you believe, at least partly, the lies your party has painted the other side with. I would say with a great amount of certainty that the e-bigots, especially my stalker, believe that ALL conservatives are what Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar paints them as. And that, ear, is a complete and utter lie. But many people are influenced by it, because it comes from the 'popular culture'. "They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't true!"
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#10 Post by kroxquo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:38 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:18 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:57 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:53 am

But they are representing the platform and the 'views' of the people (I assume) you support and vote into office to represent you. And you can't say they are not 'mainstream'. They are broadcast every day on one of the biggest 'mainstream' media outlets.
You know what happens when you assume...

Setting that aside, the problem is that we have a binary political system. One has to either vote for one party or the other, and be burdened with the extremists on either side.
I would put it to you that you vote for the party (assumption) that you do because you believe, at least partly, the lies your party has painted the other side with. I would say with a great amount of certainty that the e-bigots, especially my stalker, believe that ALL conservatives are what Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar paints them as. And that, ear, is a complete and utter lie. But many people are influenced by it, because it comes from the 'popular culture'. "They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't true!"
I would put it to you that you vote for the party (assumption) that you do because you believe, at least partly, the lies your party has painted the other side with. I would say with a great amount of certainty that the right wing ideologues, especially Flock, believe that ALL liberals are what Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson paints them as. And that is a complete and utter lie. But many people are influenced by it, because it comes from the 'popular culture'. "They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't true!"
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13188
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:28 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:38 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:18 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:57 pm

You know what happens when you assume...

Setting that aside, the problem is that we have a binary political system. One has to either vote for one party or the other, and be burdened with the extremists on either side.
I would put it to you that you vote for the party (assumption) that you do because you believe, at least partly, the lies your party has painted the other side with. I would say with a great amount of certainty that the e-bigots, especially my stalker, believe that ALL conservatives are what Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar paints them as. And that, ear, is a complete and utter lie. But many people are influenced by it, because it comes from the 'popular culture'. "They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't true!"
I would put it to you that you vote for the party (assumption) that you do because you believe, at least partly, the lies your party has painted the other side with. I would say with a great amount of certainty that the right wing ideologues, especially Flock, believe that ALL liberals are what Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson paints them as. And that is a complete and utter lie. But many people are influenced by it, because it comes from the 'popular culture'. "They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't true!"
Sounds like this thread has been summarized accurately. What's next?
Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 am

Why is there zero interest in finding out exactly who these 'nazis' really are?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5625
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#13 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:04 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 am
Why is there zero interest in finding out exactly who these 'nazis' really are?
Many mainstream news organizations dismiss these kooks, give them little publicity, and hope they'll disappear (as in Germany in the 1920s).

Some news outlets and the ADL report that a white supremacist group called the Groyper Army has been trolling Turning Point USA since at least 2019. Their leader, Nick Fuentes, once sought Turning Point as an ally. When Turning Point leader Charlie Kirk rejected them, they resorted to confrontation at events and online. So your Nazis could well be from that group.

The FBI has investigated Fuentes and Groyper Army.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#14 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:45 am

jarnon wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:04 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 am
Why is there zero interest in finding out exactly who these 'nazis' really are?
Many mainstream news organizations dismiss these kooks, give them little publicity, and hope they'll disappear (as in Germany in the 1920s).

Some news outlets and the ADL report that a white supremacist group called the Groyper Army has been trolling Turning Point USA since at least 2019. Their leader, Nick Fuentes, once sought Turning Point as an ally. When Turning Point leader Charlie Kirk rejected them, they resorted to confrontation at events and online. So your Nazis could well be from that group.

The FBI has investigated Fuentes and Groyper Army.
It would be interesting news if these people were left-wing agitators, wouldn't you think? Maybe some enterprising journalist could do some investigating. But what if they found out that they were a left-wing false flag operation, which is a distinct possibility? Would it make any headlines anywhere?

So have any of the MSM 'news' outlets published who these people were? Did they verify they were 'Groyper Army'? Or did they just report there were nazis at the TPUSA summit?

Suppose one of the 'right-wing propaganda' news outlets actually did some investigation and found out they were from a left-wing funded group. Would ANY of the MSM pick that up, or would they just dismiss it as 'fake news', like the e-bigots here do with anything that doesn't come out of the MSM?

Why doesn't the MSM have any curiosity about anything that might screw up their narrative?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:50 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:45 am
Suppose one of the 'right-wing propaganda' news outlets actually did some investigation and found out they were from a left-wing funded group. Would ANY of the MSM pick that up, or would they just dismiss it as 'fake news', like the e-bigots here do with anything that doesn't come out of the MSM?

Why doesn't the MSM have any curiosity about anything that might screw up their narrative?
Well, OAN, Flock's favorite network, did some "investigation" into the allegations of election fraud and it landed them on the receiving end of a number of defamation lawsuits. These lawsuits were brought by private individuals, not the "left-wing MSM" Flock continually decries.

Instead of criticizing the MSM for not having curiosity about anything that might screw up their narrative, Flock should be criticizing his beloved right-wing sources for not doing so. Of course, instead of Flock's wild-eyed, baseless conjectures, a more logical and probable answer is that the reason nobody reports them is there is no substance to the various false flag and conspiracy theories Flock and others tout.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5625
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#16 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:16 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:45 am
jarnon wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:04 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 am
Why is there zero interest in finding out exactly who these 'nazis' really are?
Many mainstream news organizations dismiss these kooks, give them little publicity, and hope they'll disappear (as in Germany in the 1920s).

Some news outlets and the ADL report that a white supremacist group called the Groyper Army has been trolling Turning Point USA since at least 2019. Their leader, Nick Fuentes, once sought Turning Point as an ally. When Turning Point leader Charlie Kirk rejected them, they resorted to confrontation at events and online. So your Nazis could well be from that group.

The FBI has investigated Fuentes and Groyper Army.
It would be interesting news if these people were left-wing agitators, wouldn't you think? Maybe some enterprising journalist could do some investigating. But what if they found out that they were a left-wing false flag operation, which is a distinct possibility? Would it make any headlines anywhere?

So have any of the MSM 'news' outlets published who these people were? Did they verify they were 'Groyper Army'? Or did they just report there were nazis at the TPUSA summit?

Suppose one of the 'right-wing propaganda' news outlets actually did some investigation and found out they were from a left-wing funded group. Would ANY of the MSM pick that up, or would they just dismiss it as 'fake news', like the e-bigots here do with anything that doesn't come out of the MSM?

Why doesn't the MSM have any curiosity about anything that might screw up their narrative?
Flock, can't you just be pleased that a far-right group has rejected white supremacy? Why indulge far-fetched theories of false flags?

I can't imagine that a left-winger would dress up as a Nazi and protest at a Turning Point event. What for? As a practical joke? It certainly doesn't promote the left's narrative that everyone on the right marches in lock step behind Herr Trump.

Promoting ridiculous conspiracy theories is driving OAN out of business. You're more discerning than that.

BTW, it took me find minutes to learn about the feud between Groyper Army and Turning Point. The View has the resources to fact-check what they put on the air.
Last edited by jarnon on Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#17 Post by earendel » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:58 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:18 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:57 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:53 am

But they are representing the platform and the 'views' of the people (I assume) you support and vote into office to represent you. And you can't say they are not 'mainstream'. They are broadcast every day on one of the biggest 'mainstream' media outlets.
You know what happens when you assume...

Setting that aside, the problem is that we have a binary political system. One has to either vote for one party or the other, and be burdened with the extremists on either side.
I would put it to you that you vote for the party (assumption) that you do because you believe, at least partly, the lies your party has painted the other side with. I would say with a great amount of certainty that the e-bigots, especially my stalker, believe that ALL conservatives are what Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar paints them as. And that, ear, is a complete and utter lie. But many people are influenced by it, because it comes from the 'popular culture'. "They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't true!"
That would be an incorrect assumption. My votes are based on what I believe are the best policies (in my opinion) offered by the candidate(s). I think the same is true of most voters. But then maybe I'm naïve. I still try to think the best of people's motives.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm

earendel wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:58 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:18 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:57 pm

You know what happens when you assume...

Setting that aside, the problem is that we have a binary political system. One has to either vote for one party or the other, and be burdened with the extremists on either side.
I would put it to you that you vote for the party (assumption) that you do because you believe, at least partly, the lies your party has painted the other side with. I would say with a great amount of certainty that the e-bigots, especially my stalker, believe that ALL conservatives are what Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar paints them as. And that, ear, is a complete and utter lie. But many people are influenced by it, because it comes from the 'popular culture'. "They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't true!"
That would be an incorrect assumption. My votes are based on what I believe are the best policies (in my opinion) offered by the candidate(s). I think the same is true of most voters. But then maybe I'm naïve. I still try to think the best of people's motives.
Believe it or not, so do I. But using this as an example, when I see people on a 'mainstream' TV show blatantly accuse an organization like Turning Point USA of having any kind of affiliation with people who identify themselves as nazis, it really reflects on who these people are and who they are trying to influence.

Do you think anyone in their right mind, or any political organization or party, would want to have nazi supporters? Do you think that any nazi organization, who are admittedly not in their right minds, think that declaring their support for ANYTHING is going to help that entity? So why are they there?

There could be many reasons:
1. To hurt TPUSA by association.
2. To support TPUSA
3. To protest the TPUSA protestors.
4. To hurt TPUSA because of an alleged feud with them.
5. A planted demonstration by people against TPUSA.
6. Just to get on TV

Did any enterprising journalist even bother to ask them what they wanted? Why they were there? Attempt to interview them? Not that they'd necessarily tell them the truth.
I think it is a very big indication of how far journalism has fallen that someone like you or me doesn't know any of this information. Only photos and that they were there. And that main stream media pretty much allows this slander of TPUSA to get through to its audience and covers it with a 20-second' apology', then goes about business as usual.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20835
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:19 pm

earendel wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:58 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:18 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:57 pm
You know what happens when you assume...

Setting that aside, the problem is that we have a binary political system. One has to either vote for one party or the other, and be burdened with the extremists on either side.
I would put it to you that you vote for the party (assumption) that you do because you believe, at least partly, the lies your party has painted the other side with. I would say with a great amount of certainty that the e-bigots, especially my stalker, believe that ALL conservatives are what Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar paints them as. And that, ear, is a complete and utter lie. But many people are influenced by it, because it comes from the 'popular culture'. "They couldn't put it on TV if it wasn't true!"
That would be an incorrect assumption. My votes are based on what I believe are the best policies (in my opinion) offered by the candidate(s). I think the same is true of most voters. But then maybe I'm naïve. I still try to think the best of people's motives.
Trying to think the best of people's motives is pretty hard to reconcile with what we're seeing. CPAC just got finished feting Viktor Orban, who has just EXPLICITLY come out against "mixing of races." CPAC hardly qualifies as extreme in today's Republican Party.

The Republican nominee for Governor of Pennsylvania (not just any old candidate, the nominee) has hired as a consultant Gab, a haven for white supremacy views, whose CEO, Andrew Torba, just said, “My policy is not to conduct interviews with reporters who aren’t Christian or with outlets who aren’t Christian and Doug has a very similar media strategy where he does not do interviews with these people. He does not talk to these people. He does not give press access to these people. These people are dishonest. They’re liars. They’re a den of vipers and they want to destroy you. My typical conversation with them when they email me is ‘repent and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.’ I take it as an opportunity to try and convert them.”

The Republican Party has been captured by its crazies. And the vast majority of its elected officials are just fine with that, as long as they think they can use the crazies to cling to power.

And that's leaving aside the sudden flip-flop of the Republican Party on benefits for veterans exposed to burn pits. They were fully supportive of the bill until Senator Manchin reached an agreement with Senator Schumer on a climate bill. Now Republican senators want to hold their breaths until veterans turn blue. Utterly despicable, and I don't see any way to reconcile that behavior (supporting the bill until Democrats made progress on an unrelated bill) with any conception of what's good for the country. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13188
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#20 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:11 pm

Bob, you fail to realize that most "conservative" sorts don't hang around Cpac or whichever weirdo "right wing" shit is going on. Just like most "libs" don't buy into the "leftwing" shit. That is why y'all will lose in the midterms.
Well, then

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20835
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:26 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:11 pm
Bob, you fail to realize that most "conservative" sorts don't hang around Cpac or whichever weirdo "right wing" shit is going on. Just like most "libs" don't buy into the "leftwing" shit. That is why y'all will lose in the midterms.
It sure attracted a lot of Republican office holders, present and former. Just look at some of the people who gave speeches there.

The Republican Party has been captured by its crazies. That's because there are enough crazies to win most primaries and the non-crazies refuse to electorally punish the candidates who cater to the crazies. I don't really care how they rationalize their votes. More importantly, neither do the politicians who are catering to the crazies.

Until Republican voters change their behavior, the Republican Party will remain in thrall to its crazies and will deserve to be electorally bulldozed. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13188
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#22 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm

No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
Well, then

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12016
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#23 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:17 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
I'll take the conservative crazies over the liberal crazies anyday.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13188
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#24 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:19 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:17 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
No. You're wrong. You dismissed my statement. But that's okay, that's what you do.
I'll take the conservative crazies over the liberal crazies anyday.
There is that...
Well, then

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13188
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Our "Popular Culture" on parade

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:24 pm

I dunno. Tired of crazies.
Well, then

Post Reply