Shooting at Love Field

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Shooting at Love Field

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:19 pm

New York Times wrote: 37-year-old woman was taken into custody on Monday after she fired several rounds inside Dallas Love Field Airport in Texas before she was shot and injured by a police officer, the authorities said.

No other injuries were reported, the police said, but the shooting sent travelers scrambling for cover and delayed several flights.

The woman was dropped off at the airport just before 11 a.m., , and then appeared to change her clothes in a restroom before emerging and opening fire inside the airport, Chief Eddie Garcia of the Dallas Police Department said at a news conference on Monday afternoon.

A Dallas police officer inside the airport shot her, striking her “in the lower extremities,” and she was arrested and taken to a hospital, Chief Garcia said. Her condition was not immediately clear on Monday afternoon.

In a later update, the police department identified the woman as Portia Odufuwa, and said that she fired a weapon several times in a ticket counter area of the airport.
More: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/25/us/d ... oting.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

Re: Shooting at Love Field

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:11 pm

Same person?
Age would be right....
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2019/04 ... ct-friday/
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:52 pm

The Sun UK is using the 2019 booking photo:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19313878/ ... -underway/
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:11 pm
Same person?
Age would be right....
Chances of there being two with the same name are slim.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:31 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:57 pm
Same person?
Age would be right....
Any 'news' article pointed out she was a bank robber yet?
Did I get a scoop?

Yessir I did.

https://www.newsweek.com/love-field-sho ... go-1727766

She wasn't convicted because of mental incompetence. It sounds like she was supposed to be 'committed'
Officials confirm the suspect in today’s shooting at #LoveField was arrested in 2019 for bank robbery in Wylie. Portia Odufuwa was found incompetent to stand trial, according to court records. Case was dismissed in lieu of the civil commitment for mental health.
3 years later she has a gun and is shooting in an airport?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

kroxquo

#6 Post by kroxquo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:31 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Same person?
Age would be right....
Did I get a scoop?

Yessir I did.

She wasn't convicted because of mental incompetence. It sounds like she was supposed to be 'committed'
Officials confirm the suspect in today’s shooting at #LoveField was arrested in 2019 for bank robbery in Wylie. Portia Odufuwa was found incompetent to stand trial, according to court records. Case was dismissed in lieu of the civil commitment for mental health.
Gosh, maybe we should have some kind of law that, I don't know, sends up some sort of metaphorical red flag when someone with her mental health history tries to obtain a gun. Just spitballing, here.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:52 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:36 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Did I get a scoop?

Yessir I did.

Gosh, maybe we should have some kind of law that, I don't know, sends up some sort of metaphorical red flag when someone with her mental health history tries to obtain a gun. Just spitballing, here.
Well, there was a lot of 'reporting' after Uvalde.

I looked into it a little bit. I'm sure I will get corrected and excoriated by the experts on everything that we are so lucky to have on the bored.

Texas got questioned about problems sending juvenile mental health records to the IN PLACE national registry which is used for gun background checks, But they were given good marks for reporting adults with mental health issues to the national registry. And this woman, having been 'committed' by having her conviction overturned, would have been on that national registry. And Texas requires background checks. So we have laws in place that SHOULD have prevented her from having a gun. Seems they don't work very well, huh?

So, what laws do we need to add that this woman would have followed to the letter that would have prevented her from doing what she did? And how well will they work?
How well did her 'commitment' work?
There are laws against robbing banks. Somehow that didn't stop her from doing it.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:10 pm

Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:52 pm
kroxquo wrote:

Did I get a scoop?

Yessir I did.

I looked into it a little bit. I'm sure I will get corrected and excoriated by the experts on everything that we are so lucky to have on the bored.

Texas got questioned about problems sending juvenile mental health records to the IN PLACE national registry which is used for gun background checks, But they were given good marks for reporting adults with mental health issues to the national registry. And this woman, having been 'committed' by having her conviction overturned, would have been on that national registry. And Texas requires background checks. So we have laws in place that SHOULD have prevented her from having a gun. Seems they don't work very well, huh?

So, what laws do we need to add that this woman would have followed to the letter that would have prevented her from doing what she did? And how well will they work?
There are laws against robbing banks. Somehow that didn't stop her from doing it.
It's too early to Monday morning quarterback this.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:21 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:10 pm
Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:52 pm
kroxquo wrote:

It's too early to Monday morning quarterback this.
I guess the time to examine it, if it gets examined at all, is if it fits into the correct narrative. Then it's all hands on deck.