RIP Paul Sorvino

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Paul Sorvino

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:05 pm

Actor best known for playing numerous mobsters on TV and the movies, most notably in Goodfellas, as well as playing Henry Kissinger in Oliver Stone's Nixon, and the lead detective on the second season of "Law and Order." He was also a trained opera singer and father of Oscar-winning actress Mira Sorvino.

Age 83.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/paul ... 235324940/

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

Re: RIP Paul Sorvino

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:23 pm

Aww, I met him when I lived in the NYC area. He was an amiable guy.

I walked into a hotel to use the restroom and stopped by the bar before I got on my train. We talked for about half an hour.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Paul Sorvino

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:48 pm

I was in Alaska and missed this. We listen to an oldies radio station with very little news -- mostly weather.

I've never seen Goodfellas but thought Sorvino was excellent in Law & Order. I would have been happy with a Sorvino/Orbach lead detective team for a couple decades, but it didn't work out. I really liked Ed Green -- I mean, Jesse L. Martin -- paired with Orbach.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller