Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20823
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:46 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:40 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:27 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:23 pm
But I am thinking about it objectively. My original question was what was there IN HIS TESTIMONY that would lead you to believe that he is engaged in (your words) "in-your-face activism"? Maybe I'm being obtuse, but I don't see it. If you could point me in the direction of what you are seeing that leads you to that belief then I might be able to see your point. But instead you have taken examples from videos of rallies which this man may or may not have attended and comments made by posters on this board to assign subjectively his intentions and motivations. Looking at it objectively, I think your implicit bias is also on display as is the narrative YOU have subscribed yourself to.
I never referred to his 'testimony', krox. That is what YOU are referring to. I merely posed an alternative supposition as to the source of his stated feelings of alienation. I don't think he said "I am a left-wing looney activist" in his 'testimony'. Do you think he would have, even if he is? If you are basing whether my supposition is correct or incorrect on that, you are engaging in rather shallow thinking.
But you are assuming facts not in evidence. Your supposition is based on this man's political activism which is not indicated in anything he stated. You may be right in stating that his alienation may come from other's reactions to his activism. But that activism is not in evidence, and without that evidence, the supposition is purely subjective. That was the point of my original question - How can you assume someone feels alienation because of his political activism when there is no evidence of said activism?
Obviously, his very desire for non-heteronormative choices, such as his own, to be considered on equal footing with heteronormative choices is itself evidence of activism. All he needs to do to be considered not an activist is to crawl back into the closet. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#27 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:00 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:40 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:27 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:23 pm

But I am thinking about it objectively. My original question was what was there IN HIS TESTIMONY that would lead you to believe that he is engaged in (your words) "in-your-face activism"? Maybe I'm being obtuse, but I don't see it. If you could point me in the direction of what you are seeing that leads you to that belief then I might be able to see your point. But instead you have taken examples from videos of rallies which this man may or may not have attended and comments made by posters on this board to assign subjectively his intentions and motivations. Looking at it objectively, I think your implicit bias is also on display as is the narrative YOU have subscribed yourself to.
I never referred to his 'testimony', krox. That is what YOU are referring to. I merely posed an alternative supposition as to the source of his stated feelings of alienation. I don't think he said "I am a left-wing looney activist" in his 'testimony'. Do you think he would have, even if he is? If you are basing whether my supposition is correct or incorrect on that, you are engaging in rather shallow thinking.
But you are assuming facts not in evidence. Your supposition is based on this man's political activism which is not indicated in anything he stated. You may be right in stating that his alienation may come from other's reactions to his activism. But that activism is not in evidence, and without that evidence, the supposition is purely subjective. That was the point of my original question - How can you assume someone feels alienation because of his political activism when there is no evidence of said activism?
There are no facts in evidence. I was presenting a supposition.

For example: Referring to the above average lawyer's last post.

It would not matter to me the least bit if the counselor preferred to dress up as a drag queen in court, was black, red, yellow, green or blue. I don't really care. REALLY.

By their character and history and the way they interact with me and others on this bored, I would judge the above-average lawyer to be a sanctimonious, elitist bigot and an asshole. Perhaps this guy is mistaking the real reasons for the way people may be treating him. That is my supposition. I have no facts to back this up with, just experience in interacting with people like our above-average lawyer and my stalker.

Perhaps others are reacting to the 'reverse micro-aggressions' he is projecting, to put it in the convoluted construct of the day. Is that something you can understand?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2750
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#28 Post by kroxquo » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:14 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:00 pm
That is my supposition. I have no facts to back this up with.
These two sentences sum up so many things - LGBTQ rights, Presidential elections, Immigration, non-existent critical race theory in schools, et al
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:19 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:14 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:00 pm
That is my supposition. I have no facts to back this up with.
These two sentences sum up so many things - LGBTQ rights, Presidential elections, Immigration, non-existent critical race theory in schools, et al
Yup. You certainly got it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1892
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#30 Post by Weyoun » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:44 pm

I used to ask myself, what’s the worst thing that really could happen to gay people in this country??

And then I see there is a group of enthusiastic humans, such Spock here, who support the Russian regime and its violent invasion of a neighboring country, along with all the other human rights violations that it commits, simply because it’s perceived as being aggressively anti-homosexual.

So I don’t put anything past folks these days

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:48 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:44 pm
I used to ask myself, what’s the worst thing that really could happen to gay people in this country??

And then I see there is a group of enthusiastic humans, such Spock here, who support the Russian regime and its violent invasion of a neighboring country, along with all the other human rights violations that it commits, simply because it’s perceived as being aggressively anti-homosexual.

So I don’t put anything past folks these days
I have never seen any indication that Spock or anyone else here has or does support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

But judging from the responses in this thread alone, you and people like you only see whatever the hell it is you want to see. And nothing anyone can say or do will make you stop seeing it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20937
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:48 pm
But judging from the responses in this thread alone, you and people like you only see whatever the hell it is you want to see. And nothing anyone can say or do will make you stop seeing it.
Spoken by a man who, based on nothing other than a teacher's sexuality, decided that he was a practitioner of in-your-face political activism.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1892
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#33 Post by Weyoun » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:47 am

:oops:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:48 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:44 pm
I used to ask myself, what’s the worst thing that really could happen to gay people in this country??

And then I see there is a group of enthusiastic humans, such Spock here, who support the Russian regime and its violent invasion of a neighboring country, along with all the other human rights violations that it commits, simply because it’s perceived as being aggressively anti-homosexual.

So I don’t put anything past folks these days
I have never seen any indication that Spock or anyone else here has or does support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

But judging from the responses in this thread alone, you and people like you only see whatever the hell it is you want to see. And nothing anyone can say or do will make you stop seeing it.

He was full mast ERECT posting Russian military recruitment videos when this started. Awfully strange take until you probed and learned his biggest problem with our military is all those queers!

More broadly, we look at the national party, we have members of Congress voting against Finland and Sweden joining NATO. It was a purely symbolic vote, but the most radical fringe of the Republican party felt that this would somehow be a problem. It’s not clear to me if they voted that way because they were bought by Putin, or because are basically just fascist, but either way, it’s concerning.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#34 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:27 am

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:47 am
:oops:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:48 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:44 pm
I used to ask myself, what’s the worst thing that really could happen to gay people in this country??

And then I see there is a group of enthusiastic humans, such Spock here, who support the Russian regime and its violent invasion of a neighboring country, along with all the other human rights violations that it commits, simply because it’s perceived as being aggressively anti-homosexual.

So I don’t put anything past folks these days
I have never seen any indication that Spock or anyone else here has or does support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

But judging from the responses in this thread alone, you and people like you only see whatever the hell it is you want to see. And nothing anyone can say or do will make you stop seeing it.

He was full mast ERECT posting Russian military recruitment videos when this started. Awfully strange take until you probed and learned his biggest problem with our military is all those queers!

More broadly, we look at the national party, we have members of Congress voting against Finland and Sweden joining NATO. It was a purely symbolic vote, but the most radical fringe of the Republican party felt that this would somehow be a problem. It’s not clear to me if they voted that way because they were bought by Putin, or because are basically just fascist, but either way, it’s concerning.
You present yourself here as a medical doctor. According to conventional wisdom, that is supposed to mean you are intelligent.

Seems like in every thread you post, you miss the point of the thread by a mile, and instead focus on a small point that you have completely misinterpreted.

If I recall correctly, Spock was comparing how the Russians were recruiting for their armed forces compared to the way WE were. That in NO WAY, to anyone who can comprehend the English language, can be read as an endorsement of the russian invasion of another sovereign country. The only way it can be is by a careless and shallow comprehension of the point he was trying to make, or by deliberately interpreting it that way to deflect the original point.

The same thing has happened here. None of you leftists has bothered to actually read or comprehend the point I was making, which was ALL spelled out in the original post in this thread. Instead, you have focused on your ingrained biases and assumed I accused somebody of something, which I have not. I made a supposition. I said 'IF this were the case, it could explain THAT.' Do ANY of you have any comprehension skills above first-grade level?

Apparently not.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2750
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#35 Post by kroxquo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:21 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:27 am

The same thing has happened here. None of you leftists has bothered to actually read or comprehend the point I was making, which was ALL spelled out in the original post in this thread. Instead, you have focused on your ingrained biases and assumed I accused somebody of something, which I have not. I made a supposition. I said 'IF this were the case, it could explain THAT.' Do ANY of you have any comprehension skills above first-grade level?

Apparently not.
This was your initial post in this thread in response to Willie Carter's testimony that I posted:

"Just for the sake of discussion.

I don't know this guy or his circumstances. I would just speculate.

Perhaps the 'hatred, bigotry, and discrimination' he perceives could be due to his seemingly obvious in-your-face political activism rather than the fact that he is gay.

Hate mail to follow....."

So let me break it down.

1. You admit you don't know anything about Mr. Carter.

2. You diminish the "hatred, bigotry, and discrimination" by using the word "perceives". Without knowing anything about him, you have already imposed your judgement on what he has experienced in his life.

3. You state his experience could be due to his "obvious in-your-face political activism" without presenting any evidence that he is involved in any such activism thereby victim-shaming him.

Using high school reading skills like using context and interpreting inference clues, the implication of your post is fairly clear. But I'll tell you what. I'll concede your point that his assumed but unproven activism COULD be the cause of his "perception" if you concede that his life and professional experience COULD be caused by actual hatred, bigotry, and discrimination he has encountered because of his sexual orientation.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#36 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:03 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:21 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:27 am

The same thing has happened here. None of you leftists has bothered to actually read or comprehend the point I was making, which was ALL spelled out in the original post in this thread. Instead, you have focused on your ingrained biases and assumed I accused somebody of something, which I have not. I made a supposition. I said 'IF this were the case, it could explain THAT.' Do ANY of you have any comprehension skills above first-grade level?

Apparently not.
This was your initial post in this thread in response to Willie Carter's testimony that I posted:

"Just for the sake of discussion.

I don't know this guy or his circumstances. I would just speculate.

Perhaps the 'hatred, bigotry, and discrimination' he perceives could be due to his seemingly obvious in-your-face political activism rather than the fact that he is gay.

Hate mail to follow....."

So let me break it down.

1. You admit you don't know anything about Mr. Carter.

2. You diminish the "hatred, bigotry, and discrimination" by using the word "perceives". Without knowing anything about him, you have already imposed your judgement on what he has experienced in his life.

3. You state his experience could be due to his "obvious in-your-face political activism" without presenting any evidence that he is involved in any such activism thereby victim-shaming him.

Using high school reading skills like using context and interpreting inference clues, the implication of your post is fairly clear. But I'll tell you what. I'll concede your point that his assumed but unproven activism COULD be the cause of his "perception" if you concede that his life and professional experience COULD be caused by actual hatred, bigotry, and discrimination he has encountered because of his sexual orientation.
It is without doubt that if he was surrounded by rabid homophobes all his life of the kind that the left sees everywhere then, yeah, his complaint may well be valid.
I have no way of knowing if that is the case or not.

That said:
It is not my experience that homophobia is a major issue in today's society. If you use this bored as a microcosm, conservativephobia seems to be much more rampant.
Many people who are accused of being homophobes are in reality not judging any individual by their sexual preference, but by their overt political activism. I have given you examples in an earlier post of two people who I judge as assholes because of their interactions with me and others on this bored. They wouldn't be, in my view, any more or less assholes if they were gay.

This person's testimony is chock full of POLITICAL ACTIVISM. All of it painted with leftist adjectives and assumptions.

over 300 bills have been introduced to limit or attack conversations or rights of youth who are Black, brown, or LGBTQ.
There are bills, mandates, or new interpretations of existing policies, like those in Texas and Tennessee, that would prevent trans youth from getting affirming medical care
There are bills preventing trans students from playing sports
there are bills that limit conversations about the lived experiences of students
New, confusing, ambiguous anti-critical race theory (CRT) laws
bills preventing discussion or inclusion of LGBTQ people
Florida’s infamous House Bill 1557 will prevent any and all inclusion of LGBTQ people in grades K-3
Louisiana’s resurrection of House Bill 837 making lessons on LGBTQ identity in K-8 illegal
We need you to pass the Equality Act, to make discrimination against LGBTQ people illegal.
We need you to pass the Safe Schools Improvement Act, to protect all students from harassment


Given the importance he is placing on governmental action in his testimony and the flavor and passion with which he presents it, I get the impression he could very well be very much into political activism. So much so that it could have an effect on his interpersonal interactions with others. That is the basis for my supposition. Excuse me for making that assumption based on the 'testimony' which was all I have to go on. He sounds pretty much like a politician.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 25224
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#37 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:25 pm

You can't use the Bored as a microcosm. You, Spock, and others chased many longtime members away, many to Facebook.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#38 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:29 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:25 pm
You can't use the Bored as a microcosm. You, Spock, and others chased many longtime members away, many to Facebook.
Right. I wish I could have chased you away.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2750
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#39 Post by kroxquo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:30 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:03 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:21 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:27 am

The same thing has happened here. None of you leftists has bothered to actually read or comprehend the point I was making, which was ALL spelled out in the original post in this thread. Instead, you have focused on your ingrained biases and assumed I accused somebody of something, which I have not. I made a supposition. I said 'IF this were the case, it could explain THAT.' Do ANY of you have any comprehension skills above first-grade level?

Apparently not.
This was your initial post in this thread in response to Willie Carter's testimony that I posted:

"Just for the sake of discussion.

I don't know this guy or his circumstances. I would just speculate.

Perhaps the 'hatred, bigotry, and discrimination' he perceives could be due to his seemingly obvious in-your-face political activism rather than the fact that he is gay.

Hate mail to follow....."

So let me break it down.

1. You admit you don't know anything about Mr. Carter.

2. You diminish the "hatred, bigotry, and discrimination" by using the word "perceives". Without knowing anything about him, you have already imposed your judgement on what he has experienced in his life.

3. You state his experience could be due to his "obvious in-your-face political activism" without presenting any evidence that he is involved in any such activism thereby victim-shaming him.

Using high school reading skills like using context and interpreting inference clues, the implication of your post is fairly clear. But I'll tell you what. I'll concede your point that his assumed but unproven activism COULD be the cause of his "perception" if you concede that his life and professional experience COULD be caused by actual hatred, bigotry, and discrimination he has encountered because of his sexual orientation.
It is without doubt that if he was surrounded by rabid homophobes all his life of the kind that the left sees everywhere then, yeah, his complaint may well be valid.
I have no way of knowing if that is the case or not.

That said:
It is not my experience that homophobia is a major issue in today's society. If you use this bored as a microcosm, conservativephobia seems to be much more rampant.
Many people who are accused of being homophobes are in reality not judging any individual by their sexual preference, but by their overt political activism. I have given you examples in an earlier post of two people who I judge as assholes because of their interactions with me and others on this bored. They wouldn't be, in my view, any more or less assholes if they were gay.

This person's testimony is chock full of POLITICAL ACTIVISM. All of it painted with leftist adjectives and assumptions.

over 300 bills have been introduced to limit or attack conversations or rights of youth who are Black, brown, or LGBTQ.
There are bills, mandates, or new interpretations of existing policies, like those in Texas and Tennessee, that would prevent trans youth from getting affirming medical care
There are bills preventing trans students from playing sports
there are bills that limit conversations about the lived experiences of students
New, confusing, ambiguous anti-critical race theory (CRT) laws
bills preventing discussion or inclusion of LGBTQ people
Florida’s infamous House Bill 1557 will prevent any and all inclusion of LGBTQ people in grades K-3
Louisiana’s resurrection of House Bill 837 making lessons on LGBTQ identity in K-8 illegal
We need you to pass the Equality Act, to make discrimination against LGBTQ people illegal.
We need you to pass the Safe Schools Improvement Act, to protect all students from harassment


Given the importance he is placing on governmental action in his testimony and the flavor and passion with which he presents it, I get the impression he could very well be very much into political activism. So much so that it could have an effect on his interpersonal interactions with others. That is the basis for my supposition. Excuse me for making that assumption based on the 'testimony' which was all I have to go on. He sounds pretty much like a politician.
If you do not think that homophobia is a major issue in today's society, then you are either deliberately turning a blind eye or else you are completely oblivious to the society we live in. My daughter, who is openly and proudly LGBTQ, has said she encounters bigotry and/or discrimination EVERY SINGLE DAY OF HER LIFE either through statements directed at her or else discriminatory language, procedures, or actions.

I also find it interesting that you take Mr. Carter's statement to task for "the importance he is placing on government action." Based on what i know of you (which is absolutely nothing outside of this board), I am going to make a supposition that you do not have a problem with any of the 8 instances of "government action" that he cited.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#40 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:20 pm

krox, you ok with this?
Here are just a few examples.

https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/the-left ... h-to-sever
https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/kinderga ... sturbation
https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/theres-n ... s-a-family
https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/district ... rnographic

This is what the parents of the children who are going to public schools are fighting against. Are they homophobes, krox?
The individuals choosing to provide this book to children won’t even allow it to be read at a public hearing. How is a book considered too graphic for the public but deemed “inclusive” for children? Why do they want what they’re teaching our children to be kept a secret? Why are parents routinely shut down when they voice their concerns?

We’re not allowed to question what they’re teaching our children. Instead, we must comply to avoid being labeled homophobic, transphobic, or hateful. So shut up and let your kid read about blow jobs and chest binders, bigot!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20937
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:30 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:20 pm
krox, you ok with this?
Here are just a few examples.

https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/the-left ... h-to-sever
https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/kinderga ... sturbation
https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/theres-n ... s-a-family
https://www.libsoftiktok.com/p/district ... rnographic

This is what the parents of the children who are going to public schools are fighting against. Are they homophobes, krox?
The individuals choosing to provide this book to children won’t even allow it to be read at a public hearing. How is a book considered too graphic for the public but deemed “inclusive” for children? Why do they want what they’re teaching our children to be kept a secret? Why are parents routinely shut down when they voice their concerns?

We’re not allowed to question what they’re teaching our children. Instead, we must comply to avoid being labeled homophobic, transphobic, or hateful. So shut up and let your kid read about blow jobs and chest binders, bigot!
Flock:

This is 2022, not 1822. Children are exposed to a lot of material now they weren't in former years. Gender Queer is a 240 page graphic novel from which critics have selected a handful of images. It's also a book intended for older students, not first graders. BTW, the author adapted the most graphic images from ancient Greek pottery on public display in museums. As far as "family friendly drag shows,"



This clip was from the Macys Thanksgiving Day parade in 2013, seen by thousands of people live and millions watching on TV, including quite a few children, I'm sure. Kinky Boots won the Tony Award for Best Musical that year.

I'm not saying that some libraries and school boards can't make mistakes and go too far. But most cases of parents' uproar are material that's taken out of context or blown out of proportion. Children do not "learn" to be gay because of reading books like Gender Queer or seeing a drag show. They can learn to be more tolerant and understanding about others and gay students can develop a better self-image from being exposed to the proper materials.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#42 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:30 am

Here's another 'liar', I suppose.

You OK with this, krox? Is this happening at your school?

https://rumble.com/v144oyc-mom-explains ... 7&mc=b2gay
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#43 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:34 pm

How about this, krox?

https://static-assets-1.truthsocial.com ... ebaab4.jpg

I can go on and on. If you think this stuff is OK, I will ask you: ON WHOSE AUTHORITY IS IT OK??????

I, personally, do NOT think this stuff is OK. And millions of other people, the parents of those subjected to it, do not think it is OK. But wait, your parents aren't 'safe' people, right? That's what they are being taught in some of these schools. Are they teaching that in your school, krox?

Regardless of what names and labels the left is giving the legislation they hate, these laws that are being passed in many states are trying to address these kinds of abuses being undertaken by teachers and school administrators who don't think parents are 'safe' people, are woke activists and know more than the rest of us. That is what that testimonial sounds like to me. That's why I believe he is an activist in a teacher's role.

And just shut the fuck up, stalker, I don't care what you think. Coward.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7908
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#44 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:30 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:25 pm
You can't use the Bored as a microcosm. You, Spock, and others chased many longtime members away, many to Facebook.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20937
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#45 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:48 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:34 pm
How about this, krox?

https://static-assets-1.truthsocial.com ... ebaab4.jpg

I can go on and on. If you think this stuff is OK, I will ask you: ON WHOSE AUTHORITY IS IT OK??????
I didn't think it was possible for me to feel more compassion for your children and their spouses than I have for putting up with your hate-filled bile over the years, but threads like this make me feel even sorrier for them. Regardless of what their sexuality is, they are probably embarrassed or worse by what you've tried to drill into them over the years.

And I found it amusing that you accused me of spewing personal vitriol only a couple of posts after you called me a moronic coward in big bold red letters.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 25224
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#46 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:03 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:30 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:25 pm
You can't use the Bored as a microcosm. You, Spock, and others chased many longtime members away, many to Facebook.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok, so you don't miss them.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7908
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#47 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:41 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:03 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:30 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:25 pm
You can't use the Bored as a microcosm. You, Spock, and others chased many longtime members away, many to Facebook.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok, so you don't miss them.
Not really, most of them are among my FB friends. Weird.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6702
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#48 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:16 pm

I do not wish to get into anything personal, krox. That is a showstopper. It's been done to me on this bored. I have no desire to go there.

I am just wondering if you will answer the questions I asked of you.

Are the examples I posted OK with you?

Are they teaching things like 'parents aren't safe people' at your school?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2750
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#49 Post by kroxquo » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:16 pm
I do not wish to get into anything personal, krox. That is a showstopper. It's been done to me on this bored. I have no desire to go there.

I am just wondering if you will answer the questions I asked of you.

Are the examples I posted OK with you?

Are they teaching things like 'parents aren't safe people' at your school?
Link #1 Does not apply to public school.

Link #2 says the school is investigating and that the teacher has been disciplined

Link #3 Does not apply to public school

Link #4 The book is inappropriate depending on the grade level, however the intent of the program to make their district more open and accepting of all people is a good one

Link #5 I would like to hear from the school before I pass judgment. In my 22 years of teaching, I can't tell you how many times a child has gone home and told parents something grossly exaggerated or just plain fabricated. And yes my school has a GSA. Are we sure the girl went to the right room? If she was invited to an art club, then she may have simply gone to the wrong room.

Link #5 My school has not allowed overnight field trips since before the pandemic and since I was not teaching there at that time I do not know what the policy was at that time. My personal view is that I do not see anything wrong with this policy.

For your second question, I do not know of any school, anywhere that has the overall philosophy that "parents aren't safe people." But for some students, the fact of the matter is their home life is not safe for them and it is in their best interest to keep things hidden from their parents. As a matter of fact, teachers, counselors, principals and other school officials are bound by North Carolina statute to protect a student's privacy if disclosure would put the student in danger of physical, mental, or emotional harm.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Spock
Posts: 3890
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Real World Consequences of Anti-LBGTQ School Legislation

#50 Post by Spock » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:04 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:36 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:46 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:23 pm
Plus, there are many other problems kids are dealing with as adolescents. What about them?
So if we can't address all the problems, we shouldn't address any of them?
Not at all. But cause du jour morphs year to year.
Hear Hear.

I have mentioned it before-but what in the heck happened to Anorexia and Bulimia which were the social diseases of the day back in the 80's?

One might almost think that the girls who would have fallen for the anorexia/bulimia fad are now falling for the transgender fad today.

Post Reply