Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#26 Post by earendel » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
Do you ever read his trolls? They invariably include childish personal attacks and NEVER, EVER consider a perspective that's different from his own could possibly be valid. Anything I post is either a flat out lie, racist or some other form of -ist or -phobe, is made up, or is not worthy of any consideration because I got it from 'hannity' or some other source he considers 'right-wing' propaganda. I do not read very many of his posts anymore, but the ones I have are still the same old shit.
Yes, I do. And yes, I think the personal attacks are unwarranted - but you don't help matters by responding in kind. I realize it's hard to resist. And I think that at times the same could be said of you - "childish personal attacks", "NEVER, EVER consider a perspective that's different...".
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
I also consider him a coward. He is not willing to stand by his convictions. He continues to insist that there is no ripcord. But he will, of course, continue to operate as normal even if he is proven wrong. He is a weasel. I am asking him to, for once, stand by his words and if he is wrong to STOP operating as normal and maybe consider that he may be wrong about other things. If I am wrong, I will go away and he can trash me to his heart's content.

As others have pointed out, he is 'into me' for some reason.
I don't think it's that. I think it's an unwillingness to let your point of view go unchallenged.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:30 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
earendel wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:30 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:41 am
But he won't. He gets his jollies by trolling me.
At the risk of interrupting this fascinating discussion, I have to ask why you consider SSS to be trolling you? He is responding to your posts, just as you respond to his. Are you not, then, trolling him? And as for your challenge, I've already said I hope you don't leave if Ripcord doesn't happen, but asking SSS and/or Bob ##### not to post anything would be to leave your assertions unchallenged. Frankly, I enjoy the repartee (but not the personal attacks).
Do you ever read his trolls? They invariably include childish personal attacks and NEVER, EVER consider a perspective that's different from his own could possibly be valid. Anything I post is either a flat out lie, racist or some other form of -ist or -phobe, is made up, or is not worthy of any consideration because I got it from 'hannity' or some other source he considers 'right-wing' propaganda. I do not read very many of his posts anymore, but the ones I have are still the same old shit.

I also consider him a coward. He is not willing to stand by his convictions. He continues to insist that there is no ripcord. But he will, of course, continue to operate as normal even if he is proven wrong. He is a weasel. I am asking him to, for once, stand by his words and if he is wrong to STOP operating as normal and maybe consider that he may be wrong about other things. If I am wrong, I will go away and he can trash me to his heart's content.

As others have pointed out, he is 'into me' for some reason.
First, I have said that I will apologize if there actually is an Operation Ripcord that reveals anything substantive. I stand by that. In the meantime, I don't see any reason to enrich the coffers of con artists like Dinesh D'Souza.

Second, I admit to some glib one-liners which probably everyone on the Bored who gets involved in political arguments does at some time. When I do take the time to look into allegations, which usually occurs whenever Flock cites some sources as opposed to just ranting about the MSM, I respond with research. And almost every time, a minimal amount of research debunks Flock's claims. And then he ignores them or again falls back on his usual tropes. I'm sure it must be frustrating to be proven wrong so often and so easily as Flock is, but he rarely if ever posts on issues on which there's room for difference of opinion as to the wisest course of action.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:01 pm

earendel wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:26 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
Do you ever read his trolls? They invariably include childish personal attacks and NEVER, EVER consider a perspective that's different from his own could possibly be valid. Anything I post is either a flat out lie, racist or some other form of -ist or -phobe, is made up, or is not worthy of any consideration because I got it from 'hannity' or some other source he considers 'right-wing' propaganda. I do not read very many of his posts anymore, but the ones I have are still the same old shit.
Yes, I do. And yes, I think the personal attacks are unwarranted - but you don't help matters by responding in kind. I realize it's hard to resist. And I think that at times the same could be said of you - "childish personal attacks", "NEVER, EVER consider a perspective that's different...".
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
I also consider him a coward. He is not willing to stand by his convictions. He continues to insist that there is no ripcord. But he will, of course, continue to operate as normal even if he is proven wrong. He is a weasel. I am asking him to, for once, stand by his words and if he is wrong to STOP operating as normal and maybe consider that he may be wrong about other things. If I am wrong, I will go away and he can trash me to his heart's content.

As others have pointed out, he is 'into me' for some reason.
I don't think it's that. I think it's an unwillingness to let your point of view go unchallenged.
1. I am civil to those who are civil to me. I give back the same level of disrespect that is given to me, but I try and do it at a higher grade level than they do.
2. My comments and opinions are pretty much invariably in response and disagreement with the MSM's popular culture narrative. You don't think I know that? You don't think I know what all the main stream and social media's take on any issue is? How could I even avoid knowing that?

So, by definition, every time I post an opinion, it is automatically challenged.

Sure, the stalker always comes back and challenges me:
- WITH THE MAINSTREAM AND SOCIAL MEDIA'S PREFABRICATED NARRATIVE.
- BY NEGATING AND DENIGRATING ANY SOURCES I CITE WHO I THINK HAVE A CLOSER KNOWLEDGE THAN I HAVE ON THE ISSUE.
- BY MOCKING ME OR SLANDERING ME PERSONALLY IF HE DOESN'T HAVE AN ANSWER TO MY OPINION.
- BY CHANGING THE SUBJECT TO SOMETHING ELSE.

Show me ONCE where he has considered, even for a moment, that my perspective could have some validity to it. As I've said before, it is very difficult for me to keep up my record of being 100% wrong about everything I believe in or value. It's hard to believe there are millions of others just like me who have the same burden.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

wbtravis007
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#29 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:01 pm
earendel wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:26 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
Do you ever read his trolls? They invariably include childish personal attacks and NEVER, EVER consider a perspective that's different from his own could possibly be valid. Anything I post is either a flat out lie, racist or some other form of -ist or -phobe, is made up, or is not worthy of any consideration because I got it from 'hannity' or some other source he considers 'right-wing' propaganda. I do not read very many of his posts anymore, but the ones I have are still the same old shit.
Yes, I do. And yes, I think the personal attacks are unwarranted - but you don't help matters by responding in kind. I realize it's hard to resist. And I think that at times the same could be said of you - "childish personal attacks", "NEVER, EVER consider a perspective that's different...".
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am
I also consider him a coward. He is not willing to stand by his convictions. He continues to insist that there is no ripcord. But he will, of course, continue to operate as normal even if he is proven wrong. He is a weasel. I am asking him to, for once, stand by his words and if he is wrong to STOP operating as normal and maybe consider that he may be wrong about other things. If I am wrong, I will go away and he can trash me to his heart's content.

As others have pointed out, he is 'into me' for some reason.
I don't think it's that. I think it's an unwillingness to let your point of view go unchallenged.
1. I am civil to those who are civil to me. I give back the same level of disrespect that is given to me, but I try and do it at a higher grade level than they do.
2. My comments and opinions are pretty much invariably in response and disagreement with the MSM's popular culture narrative. You don't think I know that? You don't think I know what all the main stream and social media's take on any issue is? How could I even avoid knowing that?

So, by definition, every time I post an opinion, it is automatically challenged.

Sure, the stalker always comes back and challenges me:
- WITH THE MAINSTREAM AND SOCIAL MEDIA'S PREFABRICATED NARRATIVE.
- BY NEGATING AND DENIGRATING ANY SOURCES I CITE WHO I THINK HAVE A CLOSER KNOWLEDGE THAN I HAVE ON THE ISSUE.
- BY MOCKING ME OR SLANDERING ME PERSONALLY IF HE DOESN'T HAVE AN ANSWER TO MY OPINION.
- BY CHANGING THE SUBJECT TO SOMETHING ELSE.

Show me ONCE where he has considered, even for a moment, that my perspective could have some validity to it. As I've said before, it is very difficult for me to keep up my record of being 100% wrong about everything I believe in or value. It's hard to believe there are millions of others just like me who have the same burden.

My advice has been:

1. Seek help. [I’m guessing you haven’t.]

2. Strive to be sufferable. [Others will have their own opinions about whether you’ve succeeded on that front. Mine goes without saying.]

3. Introspect. [Same as above.]

I still think that 8/16 will be a day that is good for you, and sincerely hope that I’m right about that.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#30 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:05 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:01 pm
earendel wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:26 pm

Yes, I do. And yes, I think the personal attacks are unwarranted - but you don't help matters by responding in kind. I realize it's hard to resist. And I think that at times the same could be said of you - "childish personal attacks", "NEVER, EVER consider a perspective that's different...".

I don't think it's that. I think it's an unwillingness to let your point of view go unchallenged.
1. I am civil to those who are civil to me. I give back the same level of disrespect that is given to me, but I try and do it at a higher grade level than they do.
2. My comments and opinions are pretty much invariably in response and disagreement with the MSM's popular culture narrative. You don't think I know that? You don't think I know what all the main stream and social media's take on any issue is? How could I even avoid knowing that?

So, by definition, every time I post an opinion, it is automatically challenged.

Sure, the stalker always comes back and challenges me:
- WITH THE MAINSTREAM AND SOCIAL MEDIA'S PREFABRICATED NARRATIVE.
- BY NEGATING AND DENIGRATING ANY SOURCES I CITE WHO I THINK HAVE A CLOSER KNOWLEDGE THAN I HAVE ON THE ISSUE.
- BY MOCKING ME OR SLANDERING ME PERSONALLY IF HE DOESN'T HAVE AN ANSWER TO MY OPINION.
- BY CHANGING THE SUBJECT TO SOMETHING ELSE.

Show me ONCE where he has considered, even for a moment, that my perspective could have some validity to it. As I've said before, it is very difficult for me to keep up my record of being 100% wrong about everything I believe in or value. It's hard to believe there are millions of others just like me who have the same burden.

My advice has been:

1. Seek help. [I’m guessing you haven’t.]

2. Strive to be sufferable. [Others will have their own opinions about whether you’ve succeeded on that front. Mine goes without saying.]

3. Introspect. [Same as above.]

I still think that 8/16 will be a day that is good for you, and sincerely hope that I’m right about that.
It wasn't even amusing the first 3 times you posted this.

But thanks for providing a good example for earendel.
So ear, I was having a conversation with you. I was answering your question about my interactions with my stalker. Did I tweak travis in any way? So where did this come from? Does it have anything to do with any subject that has been brought up in this thread?

So I guess I should just ignore it? But it is very much like the things that the stalker does. Isn't that the definition of a troll?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#31 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:46 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:05 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:01 pm

1. I am civil to those who are civil to me. I give back the same level of disrespect that is given to me, but I try and do it at a higher grade level than they do.
2. My comments and opinions are pretty much invariably in response and disagreement with the MSM's popular culture narrative. You don't think I know that? You don't think I know what all the main stream and social media's take on any issue is? How could I even avoid knowing that?

So, by definition, every time I post an opinion, it is automatically challenged.

Sure, the stalker always comes back and challenges me:
- WITH THE MAINSTREAM AND SOCIAL MEDIA'S PREFABRICATED NARRATIVE.
- BY NEGATING AND DENIGRATING ANY SOURCES I CITE WHO I THINK HAVE A CLOSER KNOWLEDGE THAN I HAVE ON THE ISSUE.
- BY MOCKING ME OR SLANDERING ME PERSONALLY IF HE DOESN'T HAVE AN ANSWER TO MY OPINION.
- BY CHANGING THE SUBJECT TO SOMETHING ELSE.

Show me ONCE where he has considered, even for a moment, that my perspective could have some validity to it. As I've said before, it is very difficult for me to keep up my record of being 100% wrong about everything I believe in or value. It's hard to believe there are millions of others just like me who have the same burden.

My advice has been:

1. Seek help. [I’m guessing you haven’t.]

2. Strive to be sufferable. [Others will have their own opinions about whether you’ve succeeded on that front. Mine goes without saying.]

3. Introspect. [Same as above.]

I still think that 8/16 will be a day that is good for you, and sincerely hope that I’m right about that.
It wasn't even amusing the first 3 times you posted this.

But thanks for providing a good example for earendel.
So ear, I was having a conversation with you. I was answering your question about my interactions with my stalker. Did I tweak travis in any way? So where did this come from? Does it have anything to do with any subject that has been brought up in this thread?

So I guess I should just ignore it? But it is very much like the things that the stalker does. Isn't that the definition of a troll?
I would consider travis to be trolling you. Should you ignore it? Probably, because a response would just bring more trolling.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#32 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:50 am

earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:46 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:05 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 pm



My advice has been:

1. Seek help. [I’m guessing you haven’t.]

2. Strive to be sufferable. [Others will have their own opinions about whether you’ve succeeded on that front. Mine goes without saying.]

3. Introspect. [Same as above.]

I still think that 8/16 will be a day that is good for you, and sincerely hope that I’m right about that.
It wasn't even amusing the first 3 times you posted this.

But thanks for providing a good example for earendel.
So ear, I was having a conversation with you. I was answering your question about my interactions with my stalker. Did I tweak travis in any way? So where did this come from? Does it have anything to do with any subject that has been brought up in this thread?

So I guess I should just ignore it? But it is very much like the things that the stalker does. Isn't that the definition of a troll?
I would consider travis to be trolling you. Should you ignore it? Probably, because a response would just bring more trolling.
But you don't consider My Stalker to be a troller? Why is that? He is more continuous, persistent, and includes more personal vitriol. And I am pretty much ignoring him, but that has not stopped him in the least. It seems to have made him more determined than ever.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#33 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:14 pm

I would consider travis to be trolling you. Should you ignore it? Probably, because a response would just bring more trolling.
--------------------------
But you don't consider My Stalker to be a troller? Why is that? He is more continuous, persistent, and includes more personal vitriol. And I am pretty much ignoring him, but that has not stopped him in the least. It seems to have made him more determined than ever.
Here's ANOTHER example:
In another thread, I was talking to krox.
flockofseagulls104 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:34 pm
How about this, krox?

[url]https://static-assets-1.truthsocial.com ... ebaab4.jpg[/url]

I can go on and on. If you think this stuff is OK, I will ask you: ON WHOSE AUTHORITY IS IT OK??????
I looked at my stalker's response to a conversation that I did not address to him.
I didn't think it was possible for me to feel more compassion for your children and their spouses than I have for putting up with your hate-filled bile over the years, but threads like this make me feel even sorrier for them. Regardless of what their sexuality is, they are probably embarrassed or worse by what you've tried to drill into them over the years.

And I found it amusing that you accused me of spewing personal vitriol only a couple of posts after you called me a moronic coward in big bold red letters.
Nothing to even refer to the questions I asked krox, just an unadulterated, pretty ugly attack on me.
That's why I ignore him, and I wish someone he might listen to would call him out on it. It was esto, earlier in this thread, who actually did call him out on specific lies he spouted at me, but he only doubled down on them.

So that's my perspective on the situation you have brought up.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13356
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#34 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:54 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:50 am
But you don't consider My Stalker to be a troller? Why is that? He is more continuous, persistent, and includes more personal vitriol. And I am pretty much ignoring him, but that has not stopped him in the least. It seems to have made him more determined than ever.
I consider travis a troll because all he does is attempt to yank your chain. SSS at least attempts to respond with counter-arguments, however valid or invalid you may consider them to be. For what it's worth, your parade of citations is as much right-wing propaganda as his is left-wing propaganda. The two of you are shouting past each other. He does say that he checks out what you post, but I'm not sure you do the same, chalking it up to "mainstream media bias". I don't think either of you gains anything by insulting the other.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:32 pm

earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:54 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:50 am
But you don't consider My Stalker to be a troller? Why is that? He is more continuous, persistent, and includes more personal vitriol. And I am pretty much ignoring him, but that has not stopped him in the least. It seems to have made him more determined than ever.
I consider travis a troll because all he does is attempt to yank your chain. SSS at least attempts to respond with counter-arguments, however valid or invalid you may consider them to be. For what it's worth, your parade of citations is as much right-wing propaganda as his is left-wing propaganda. The two of you are shouting past each other. He does say that he checks out what you post, but I'm not sure you do the same, chalking it up to "mainstream media bias". I don't think either of you gains anything by insulting the other.
ear, I have posted numerous times that quoting some cherry-picked 'expert' to invalidate my opinion is not a counter-argument. For every 'expert' he can quote from the internet, I can find another 'expert' that has the totally opposite stance, with graphs and charts and 'facts' in support of that position.

He NEVER evaluates the alternative perspective. His only counter is to 'refute' it.

I have tried numerous times to encourage actual discussions and debate among the denizens of this bored by presenting different perspectives of some of the issues of the day. All have degenerated into the bullshit you have described. Very few, if any, people have said, in effect, 'That's a point I hadn't considered'. I think I have in some situations. Because I know that I don't know what I don't know. I don't just throw that around as a catchphrase. In this world, there is NOBODY that can know everything and can consider every possible consequence of any action or inaction. Anyone who acts or pretends that they do needs to be avoided at all costs. SSS has shown he is one of these. There are several others on this bored. IMO.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#36 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:08 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:32 pm
He NEVER evaluates the alternative perspective. His only counter is to 'refute' it.
I do "evaluate" the alternative perspective. And when the alternative perspective is a fact-based statement, that evaluation is to determine what others who know more than me about the subject have to say. And invariably, what they have to say refutes the premise of Flock and whatever embalmer from Alabama he has found for his latest tirade. So don't blame me for "refuting" your baseless theories. I may post or link to only one source refuting Flock's premise, but almost all of my searches uncover dozens of similar respected sources in their fields. Blame yourself for not doing a modicum of research beyond the first voice you hear that says what you like to see to determine if there's actually anything to it.

Most of the rest of what he posts are screeching tirades about one thing or another. You'll notice that when I challenged him to document his claim about "many fine people" at the Charlottesville rally, he never did so. Instead, he attacked me and the mainstream media, the two of which he holds responsible for most of the world's ills.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 25249
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#37 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:07 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:32 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:54 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:50 am
But you don't consider My Stalker to be a troller? Why is that? He is more continuous, persistent, and includes more personal vitriol. And I am pretty much ignoring him, but that has not stopped him in the least. It seems to have made him more determined than ever.
I consider travis a troll because all he does is attempt to yank your chain. SSS at least attempts to respond with counter-arguments, however valid or invalid you may consider them to be. For what it's worth, your parade of citations is as much right-wing propaganda as his is left-wing propaganda. The two of you are shouting past each other. He does say that he checks out what you post, but I'm not sure you do the same, chalking it up to "mainstream media bias". I don't think either of you gains anything by insulting the other.
ear, I have posted numerous times that quoting some cherry-picked 'expert' to invalidate my opinion is not a counter-argument. For every 'expert' he can quote from the internet, I can find another 'expert' that has the totally opposite stance, with graphs and charts and 'facts' in support of that position.

He NEVER evaluates the alternative perspective. His only counter is to 'refute' it.

I have tried numerous times to encourage actual discussions and debate among the denizens of this bored by presenting different perspectives of some of the issues of the day. All have degenerated into the bullshit you have described. Very few, if any, people have said, in effect, 'That's a point I hadn't considered'. I think I have in some situations. Because I know that I don't know what I don't know. I don't just throw that around as a catchphrase. In this world, there is NOBODY that can know everything and can consider every possible consequence of any action or inaction. Anyone who acts or pretends that they do needs to be avoided at all costs. SSS has shown he is one of these. There are several others on this bored. IMO.
I really wish you'd just move to Truth Social, AKA Истина социальный.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 12016
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Does This Count as a Civil War in the Democrat Party?

#38 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:59 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:07 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:32 pm
earendel wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:54 pm

I consider travis a troll because all he does is attempt to yank your chain. SSS at least attempts to respond with counter-arguments, however valid or invalid you may consider them to be. For what it's worth, your parade of citations is as much right-wing propaganda as his is left-wing propaganda. The two of you are shouting past each other. He does say that he checks out what you post, but I'm not sure you do the same, chalking it up to "mainstream media bias". I don't think either of you gains anything by insulting the other.
ear, I have posted numerous times that quoting some cherry-picked 'expert' to invalidate my opinion is not a counter-argument. For every 'expert' he can quote from the internet, I can find another 'expert' that has the totally opposite stance, with graphs and charts and 'facts' in support of that position.

He NEVER evaluates the alternative perspective. His only counter is to 'refute' it.

I have tried numerous times to encourage actual discussions and debate among the denizens of this bored by presenting different perspectives of some of the issues of the day. All have degenerated into the bullshit you have described. Very few, if any, people have said, in effect, 'That's a point I hadn't considered'. I think I have in some situations. Because I know that I don't know what I don't know. I don't just throw that around as a catchphrase. In this world, there is NOBODY that can know everything and can consider every possible consequence of any action or inaction. Anyone who acts or pretends that they do needs to be avoided at all costs. SSS has shown he is one of these. There are several others on this bored. IMO.
I really wish you'd just move to Truth Social, AKA Истина социальный.
Having a Bizzaro World twin is uncomfortable?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply