Steve Bannon Found Guilty

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Steve Bannon Found Guilty

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:56 pm

The jury deliberated for three hours. My guess is they asked how long they had to stay there to get a free lunch.

One down. Many to go.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

Re: Steve Bannon Found Guilty

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:31 pm

What did Bannon get found guilty of that Eric Holder didn't do?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flocks lawyer

#3 Post by flocks lawyer » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:31 pm
Being a republican.
J.D. in Below Average Lawyering from Prager University. My pronouns are unpronouncable.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:55 pm

Memmmories...I know whataboutbullshit. Holder much?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politi ... f_amp=true
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:31 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Completely thumbing his nose at the committee, refusing to appear at all and refusing to produce any documents. Attorney General Holder produced thousands of pages of documents and asserted objections with respect to others. Those objections were never litigated so no one can say they were inappropriate. And as far as I know, Attorney General Holder never defied a subpoena requiring him to appear and give testimony.

This was not a close case, as evidenced by the quick verdict. Bannon decided he was above the law, hoping that Donny will win the White House again and pardon him. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:31 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Completely thumbing his nose at the committee, refusing to appear at all and refusing to produce any documents. Attorney General Holder produced thousands of pages of documents and asserted objections with respect to others. Those objections were never litigated so no one can say they were inappropriate. And as far as I know, Attorney General Holder never defied a subpoena requiring him to appear and give testimony.

This was not a close case, as evidenced by the quick verdict. Bannon decided he was above the law, hoping that Donny will win the White House again and pardon him. --Bob
Um, result was the same. Too bad so sad
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:54 pm

Damn, I have contempt for Congress too.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:58 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:50 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

The result was not the same. Holder was never prosecuted, much less convicted.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:15 pm

Oh please
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:58 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

No, it wasn't. Attorney General Holder turned over lots of documents and asserted objections as to others. Bannon completely stonewalled the Committee with no legal basis to do so.

The easy way to see that the Holder kabuki show was nothing but political theater is to notice that it all went away as soon as Donny was elected. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:58 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

No, it wasn't. Attorney General Holder turned over lots of documents and asserted objections as to others. Bannon completely stonewalled the Committee with no legal basis to do so.

The easy way to see that the Holder kabuki show was nothing but political theater is to notice that it all went away as soon as Donny was elected. --Bob
Too bad so sad.
Well, then

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:41 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I forget , who was the producer of that show?

And I didn’t watch any of the current show so can you tell me how many people died because of what Bannon did?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:54 pm

flocks lawyer wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:33 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Being a republican.
Nailed it.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:00 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:41 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

And I didn’t watch any of the current show so can you tell me how many people died because of what Bannon did?
If you're including among what Bannon did helping Donny to encourage an armed insurrection, then several, including at least one Capitol Police Officer. --Bob

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:00 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

If you're including among what Bannon did helping Donny to encourage an armed insurrection, then several, including at least one Capitol Police Officer. --Bob
You continue to promote a known falsehood. No capital police officer died as a result of the mostly peaceful protest on Jan 6. You know what that makes you?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:12 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

You continue to promote a known falsehood. No capital police officer died as a result of the mostly peaceful protest on Jan 6. You know what that makes you?
The "mostly peaceful" protest (which induced Josh Hawley to go running for his life) included a helluva lot of people who pleaded guilty for bringing weapons to it, and a helluva lot of people who went looking for a Vice President to hang. That's what we call an insurrection. Refusing to acknowledge that makes you, at best, delusional.

A woman who participated in the "mostly peaceful" protest, saying she wanted to "shoot Nancy Pelosi in the friggin' brain," was sentenced to 60 days in prison today. She is the Republican nominee for public office in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Still more evidence that the Republican Party has been captured by its crazy wing. --Bob

BackInTex

#17 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:32 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
The "mostly peaceful" protest (which induced Josh Hawley to go running for his life) included a helluva lot of people who pleaded guilty for bringing weapons to it, and a helluva lot of people who went looking for a Vice President to hang. That's what we call an insurrection. Refusing to acknowledge that makes you, at best, delusional.

A woman who participated in the "mostly peaceful" protest, saying she wanted to "shoot Nancy Pelosi in the friggin' brain," was sentenced to 60 days in prison today. She is the Republican nominee for public office in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Still more evidence that the Republican Party has been captured by its crazy wing. --Bob
Bringing weapons to a protest doesn’t make it not peaceful. And I said mostly peaceful. Just like the left characterizes the Summer of George Floyd protests where 100s of officers were injured and at least one retired one was killed and billions in property damage was done. You do your peaceful I’ll do mine.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#18 Post by Spock » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:32 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I am sure you will be completely fair and forthcoming and do extensive research to inform of us every controversial statement made by all Democrat nominees for any position in the country (no matter how minor).

We can all implicitly place our trust in you on that.

kroxquo

#19 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:28 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Mostly Peaceful

Mostly Peaceful

Mostly Peaceful

Mostly Peaceful

Mostly Peaceful
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:36 pm

Yep. Mostly peaceful. 1,000s upon 1,000s. And how many breached the Capitol (not let in by guards)?

~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#21 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 pm

Mostly peaceful Minneapolis protests.

I win.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#22 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:31 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 pm
Mostly peaceful Minneapolis protests.
Your point might be more effective if you didn't have two photos of the same Arby's taken from different angles.

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:35 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:44 pm
Bringing weapons to a protest doesn’t make it not peaceful. And I said mostly peaceful. Just like the left characterizes the Summer of George Floyd protests where 100s of officers were injured and at least one retired one was killed and billions in property damage was done. You do your peaceful I’ll do mine.
Of course, you're comparing dozens of demonstrations nationwide over a several month period with one riot at the center of our federal government on one day. The only thing that keep this insurrection from being much, much worse was the relative ineptitude of the protestors. If they had gotten hold of Mike Pence or some of the other Senators and Representatives, this would have been a much uglier story.

Bob Juch

#24 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:42 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

You are fucking brainwashed!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#25 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:07 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:42 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
You are fucking brainwashed!
You’re delusional. And I’m being kind.
~~ Thomas Jefferson