Sort of on topic

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mikehardware

Sort of on topic

#1 Post by mikehardware » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:31 am

I have an idea for a TV game show, and I could use some help from you all to see if it could be improved.

This started out as just something I could have fun writing about in my novel, and I wanted to make sure that the general concept would work in reality. That eventually led to making a demonstration game in an Excel spreadsheet. (It actually does play like a game show. It's not the standard bunch of numbers in a grid.) I've shown it to a few folks, and the feedback has been quite positive.

I think the game plays well and has several unique features with an intriguing twist to the question values.

If you would be willing to try it out and let me know what you think, I can send you a copy of the spreadsheet. It has the instructions and five sets of questions to play, along with my rough take at a pitch. Just send me an email - my address can be found in my user profile. I figure that feedback from this group of game show super fans would be most helpful.

(And if you all think it's a great idea, then if anyone should happen to have a connection to get it in front of someone who could possibly help turn the idea into reality, that also would be gratefully accepted! It's the longest of long shots, but you never know. Unlikely things can happen.) Many thanks!