Is there a Republican Civil War?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Is there a Republican Civil War?

#51 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:01 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:24 am
Have you ever wondered who gets to decide that this or that 'social media' group is extremist?
From another perspective, twitter, facebook, youtube, even google are extremist because of their censoring and canceling of conservative views.
Probably you haven't wondered......
Funny how Facebook keeps getting criticized for allowing conservative groups to flourish. And I'm curious how a search engine like google cancels conservative views.

When you're paranoid like Flock, it's easy to blame the media for things not going well for you.

And for those keeping score: 24 days until Flock's deadline; 22 days until the date he claims Operation Ripcord is coming.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#52 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 am

jarnon wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:33 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:33 am
Results of the Maryland primary last night confirm that the Republican Party (as a whole) has been captured by its extreme right wing. Its nominee for Governor is bad enough. Look at who they nominated to be Attorney General.

There is no Democrat nominated for national or statewide office anywhere who is remotely comparable to those two. --Bob
You should see the GOP candidate for governor here in Pennsylvania.

Luckily, Maryland and Pennsylvania aren't Kentucky. They have a history of electing moderates from both parties and rejecting extremists. Attorney General Shapiro is expected to defeat Mastriano, and then his replacement as AG will be a Democratic nominee.

A group of Pennsylvania Jewish Republicans have criticized Mastriano for frequenting an extremist social media platform called Gab. (That could be just supporting our own kind.)
Have you ever wondered who gets to decide that this or that 'social media' group is extremist?
From another perspective, twitter, facebook, youtube, even google are extremist because of their censoring and canceling of conservative views.
That other perspective is paranoid.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#53 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:21 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 am
jarnon wrote:
You should see the GOP candidate for governor here in Pennsylvania.

Luckily, Maryland and Pennsylvania aren't Kentucky. They have a history of electing moderates from both parties and rejecting extremists. Attorney General Shapiro is expected to defeat Mastriano, and then his replacement as AG will be a Democratic nominee.

A group of Pennsylvania Jewish Republicans have criticized Mastriano for frequenting an extremist social media platform called Gab. (That could be just supporting our own kind.)
That other perspective is paranoid.
Pictures please, BJ.
Your total lack of intellect is partially hidden when you find ridiculous memes to post. That is assuming you are concerned that your ignorance is displayed every time you post words.....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#54 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:34 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:36 am
It cracks me up that the "March in Lockstep" Democrats here are running a long thread on the differences between moderate and conservative Republicans and calling it a "Civil War."

These fools couldn't recognize differences in opinion if it bit them in the ass.
No, it's not the differences between moderate and conservative Republicans; it's the differences between Trumpists and rational Republicans. Candidates who are endorsed by TFG are losing in primaries and the survivors will go down in November.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#55 Post by Spock » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:16 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:34 am
Spock wrote:
It cracks me up that the "March in Lockstep" Democrats here are running a long thread on the differences between moderate and conservative Republicans and calling it a "Civil War."

These fools couldn't recognize differences in opinion if it bit them in the ass.
No, it's not the differences between moderate and conservative Republicans; it's the differences between Trumpists and rational Republicans. Candidates who are endorsed by TFG are losing in primaries and the survivors will go down in November.
Wait a second here. If the vast majority of Trump-endorsed candidates are losing in the primaries, doesn't that mean that the Republicans are rejecting Trump wholesale?

Which seems to be contrary to the main focus of this thread and all such threads here. I thought the main focus here was that Trumpians were taking over the party.

Which is it?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#56 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:18 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:

With a handful of prominent exceptions (most notably in Georgia), you're factually mistaken. Radicals are winning many more Republican primaries than they're losing. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#57 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:22 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:

Ignorance verified.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ent-record

145-11
That was as of June 30. It's even better now.

Can you name for me even one democrat candidate who even WANTS a Biden endorsement?

Whoever told you Trump-endorsed candidates are losing is kinda giving you disinformation.
But your whole worldview is based on disinformation, so I guess you wouldn't notice.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Spock

#58 Post by Spock » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:18 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:

With a handful of prominent exceptions (most notably in Georgia), you're factually mistaken. Radicals are winning many more Republican primaries than they're losing. --Bob
It is funny that the Bored Marxists think they have any standing to define "Rational" and "Radical" Republicans and so forth.

OTOH, I might think it is radical to put kids on puberty blockers and cut the tits and nuts off young teens-but I guess that is just me.

flockofseagulls104

#59 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:27 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:22 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:18 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
It is funny that the Bored Marxists think they have any standing to define "Rational" and "Radical" Republicans and so forth.

OTOH, I might think it is radical to put kids on puberty blockers and cut the tits and nuts off young teens-but I guess that is just me.
It's radical to believe that maybe someone who just tried to assassinate a political candidate live on stage should be held in custody for more than a few hours.

silverscreenselect

#60 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:35 pm

Whoever told you Trump-endorsed candidates are losing is kinda giving you disinformation.
But your whole worldview is based on disinformation, so I guess you wouldn't notice.
The more Trump-endorsed candidates who win primaries, the better the Democrats' chances in the midterms are. By all accounts, with a President as unpopular as Biden and inflation and the economy topping people's problem lists, the Republicans should be poised to pick up bunches of seats. But the more they bow to Trump, the worse it will get for them. And think about what's going to happen when he gets indicted here in Georgia.

BackInTex

#61 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:01 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:35 pm
The more Trump-endorsed candidates who win primaries, the better the Democrats' chances in the midterms are. By all accounts, with a President as unpopular as Biden and inflation and the economy topping people's problem lists, the Republicans should be poised to pick up bunches of seats. But the more they bow to Trump, the worse it will get for them. And think about what's going to happen when he gets indicted here in Georgia.
The police will never indict him.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#62 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:01 pm
It's not up to the police. It's up to the Fulton County district attorney and a Fulton County grand jury.

Bob Juch

#63 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:16 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:

No, it's not the differences between moderate and conservative Republicans but between Trumpists and rational Republicans. Candidates who TFG endorses are losing in primaries, and the survivors will go down in November.
Wait a second here. If the vast majority of Trump-endorsed candidates are losing in the primaries, doesn't that mean that the Republicans are rejecting Trump wholesale?

Which seems to be contrary to the main focus of this thread and all such threads here. I thought the main focus here was that Trumpians were taking over the party.

Which is it?
You have a severe comprehension problem. I did not say a "vast majority of Trump-endorsed candidates are losing in the primaries." I said some are losing.

I also didn't say, "Trumpians were taking over the party." They have already but now are receiving more opposition.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#64 Post by Estonut » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:15 pm

Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:10 pm
BackInTex wrote:
It's not up to the police. It's up to the Fulton County district attorney and a Fulton County grand jury.
I think that was his point, genius!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#65 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:24 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:12 pm
Spock wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:16 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

No, it's not the differences between moderate and conservative Republicans but between Trumpists and rational Republicans. Candidates who TFG endorses are losing in primaries, and the survivors will go down in November.

Which is it?
You have a severe comprehension problem. I did not say a "vast majority of Trump-endorsed candidates are losing in the primaries." I said some are losing.

I also didn't say, "Trumpians were taking over the party." They have already but now are receiving more opposition.
You said
Candidates who TFG endorses are losing in primaries
Not very many.
You get into all kinds of problems when you speak out of what little mind you have.
Stick to memes.....

BackInTex

#66 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:32 pm

Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:10 pm
BackInTex wrote:

I just assumed it was the police because you thought that for New York, so naturally I thought "maybe he is confused because that's the way it's done there."
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#67 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 pm

Trump, Pence campaign for rivals in Ariz. governor's race

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireSto ... e-87242922
PEORIA, Ariz. -- Former President Donald Trump and his estranged vice president, Mike Pence, held rival campaign events in Arizona on Friday, turning the governor's race into a broader referendum on the Republican Party's future.

Trump and Pence both talked up the successes of their administration and hammered President Joe Biden, but neither directly addressed the other or the growing rift between them.

Pence, who this week added his name to a growing list of GOP establishment figures endorsing housing developer Karrin Taylor Robson, offered only an oblique critique of the Republicans still pushing the lie that Trump lost because of fraud.

If you elect Robson, Pence said, “you can send a deafening message heard all across America that the Republican Party is the party of the future.”

He was more direct later on Twitter: “Some people want this election to be about the past, but elections are always about the future. Democrats would love nothing more than for Republicans to take our eye off the ball and focus on days gone by.”

Robson says the 2020 elections “weren't fair," accusing “liberal judges” of changing the rules late in the cycle and the media and big tech of suppressing conservative voices. But she has stopped short of saying Trump lost because of fraud.

Her main rival, former television anchor Kari Lake, has embraced Trump’s election lies along with his combative approach to his political enemies and the media.

“No one understands better than Kari how to fight back against the fake news media and the radical left,” Trump said Friday evening during his own rally in Prescott Valley, one of the most conservative areas of Arizona.

Trump took aim at two Arizona Republicans who refused to go along with his efforts to remain in office after losing to Biden. He said state House Speaker Rusty Bowers, who testified last month to the House Jan. 6 committee, "participated against the Republican Party.” He said Gov. Doug Ducey has failed to secure the border with Mexico.

Robson is a lawyer and housing developer who is locking up support from mainstream GOP figures growing increasingly comfortable with breaking from Trump. In addition to Pence, her supporters include former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and term-limited Gov. Doug Ducey, who famously silenced a call from Trump while certifying Democrat Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential victory in Arizona.

Telegenic and already well-known from her decades anchoring the evening news in Phoenix, Lake has energized Trump's most ardent supporters in Arizona. But she faces a potentially close contest with Robson, whose family's vast fortune has allowed her to vastly outspend Lake with early voting underway.

“As your governor I want to bring those America First Trump policies here to Arizona” Lake said. “We’re going to secure that border. We are going to restore honesty and faith in our elections.”

Pence highlighted Lake's past support for Barack Obama's presidential campaign and a “not my president” meme the then-news anchor posted as Trump prepared for his 2017 inauguration.

“You need a governor that’s supported every conservative cause from Ronald Reagan to Donald Trump,” Pence said of Robson, who worked in the Reagan administration and raised money for Trump's campaign along with her husband, housing developer Ed Robson, one of Arizona's wealthiest residents.

Robson has also donated to Democrats.

Robson, Pence and Ducey also discussed border security during a second event in Tucson at the headquarters for the Border Patrol union, which staunchly supported Trump but broke with him and endorsed Robson.

“Securing the border takes two things: resources and will power,” Robson said. “President Trump and Vice President Pence already showed that it can be done.”

Trump and Pence have occasionally taken different sides in primaries this year, but this is the first time that they will have appeared in the same state on the same day to rally for their preferred candidates. The split-screen moment marks a more confrontational phase in their relationship as they both consider running for president in 2024.

It also comes just a day after the House Jan. 6 committee revealed new details about the violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol that fractured the relationship between the two men. The committee recounted how Trump refused to call off the mob attacking the Capitol as Pence, just feet away from rioters, was whisked to safety.

The committee played audio from an unidentified White House security official who said Pence’s Secret Service agents “started to fear for their own lives” at the Capitol and left messages for their loved ones in case they didn't survive. Shortly afterward, at 2:24 p.m. on Jan, 6, 2021, Trump tweeted that Pence didn’t have the “courage” to block or delay the election results as Congress was certifying Biden’s victory.

“Mike Pence let me down,” an unidentified White House employee testified Trump telling him at the end of the day on Jan. 6.

Trump did not talk about Pence Friday night, but did push back against earlier testimony by former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, who said she saw a White House valet cleaning up a mess after an angry Trump smashed a plate and the remains of his lunch on a wall.

“They have me throwing food,” Trump said. “I don’t throw food in the White House. I don’t throw food anywhere. I eat the food.”

Trump and Pence will again cross paths next week as the former president returns to the nation’s capital for the first time since leaving the White House.

The Arizona primary is among Trump’s last opportunities to settle scores and install allies to lead states that may prove decisive if he decides to run again in 2024. Trump and Pence were also at odds in the primary for Georgia governor, where the Pence-backed incumbent Brian Kemp easily defeated former U.S. Sen. David Perdue, who had Trump’s support.

Arizona, a longtime Republican stronghold whose move toward the center accelerated during Trump's presidency, was central Trump's push to remain in power despite his loss. Trump pressed state officials to block the certification of Biden's victory and, when he failed, his allies in Congress objected to counting the state's 11 electoral votes.

Since the election, Trump supporters have recounted ballots and analyzed vote-counting machines in an attempt to prove something was amiss.

Federal and state election officials and Trump’s own attorney general have said there is no credible evidence the election was tainted. Trump's allegations of fraud were also roundly rejected by courts, including by judges Trump appointed.

silverscreenselect

#68 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:26 pm

Trump has lost another supporter. For those who may be unaware, the New York Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch:

Trump’s silence on Jan. 6 is damning
New York Post 7/22/22 wrote:As his followers stormed the Capitol, calling for his vice president to be hanged, President Donald Trump sat in his private dining room, watching TV, doing nothing. For three hours, seven minutes. There has been much debate over whether Trump’s rally speech on Jan. 6, 2021, constituted “incitement.” That’s somewhat of a red herring. What matters more — and has become crystal clear in recent days — is that Trump didn’t lift a finger to stop the violence that followed.

And he was the only person who could stop what was happening. He was the only one the crowd was listening to. It was incitement by silence. Trump only wanted one thing during that infamous afternoon: to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to decertify the election of Joe Biden. He thought the violence of his loyal followers would make Pence crack, or delay the vote altogether. To his eternal shame, as appalled aides implored him to publicly call on his followers to go home, he instead further fanned the flames by tweeting: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution.” His only focus was to find any means — damn the consequences — to block the peaceful transfer of power. There is no other explanation, just as there is no defense, for his refusal to stop the violence.

It’s up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime. But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.

Bob Juch

#69 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:28 pm

A new one is brewing:

jarnon

#70 Post by jarnon » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:56 pm

jarnon wrote:
Luckily, Maryland and Pennsylvania aren't Kentucky. They have a history of electing moderates from both parties and rejecting extremists.
Pennsylvania has continued that tradition. Governor-elect Shapiro has nominated Al Schmidt to be secretary of state. Schmidt, a Republican, was a Philadelphia city commissioner (election official) in 2020. Trump, Giuliani and Mastriano falsely accused Schmidt of tolerating voter fraud.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#71 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:00 pm

jarnon wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:56 pm
jarnon wrote:
Luckily, Maryland and Pennsylvania aren't Kentucky. They have a history of electing moderates from both parties and rejecting extremists.
Pennsylvania has continued that tradition. Governor-elect Shapiro has nominated Al Schmidt to be secretary of state. Schmidt, a Republican, was a Philadelphia city commissioner (election official) in 2020. Trump, Giuliani and Mastriano falsely accused Schmidt of tolerating voter fraud.
Perhaps more importantly, Democrats (temporarily in the minority until vacancies in three safe Democratic seats are filled) and some Republicans teamed up to install a Speaker in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#72 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:09 am

jarnon wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:56 pm
jarnon wrote:
Schmidt is now secretary of state, after the full Senate didn't vote on the nomination. In Senate Government Committee hearings, Schmidt had bipartisan support, with the notable exception of Mastriano.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי