Let's Limit The "Organ Recitals."

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Let's Limit The "Organ Recitals."

#1 Post by Spock » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:50 pm

I have a high school (well actually more after high school) friend who lives in Arizona and makes an effort to get together when he is back home.

So there were 6 or 7 of us who graduated in 1984 or 1985 who got together at the local watering hole the other night. We are all now 55 or 56-with 57 coming fast for some.

Back in the day there was a lot drinking and chasing women that happened with this group-with varying degrees of success.

As always, the same old stories are told-but they never get old. Some of us have known each other since birth with all of us meeting by 7th or 8th grade. I did hear some new ones from high school about playboy centerfolds being put on the pull-down maps and such.

But the best new one was that one of the guys moms had gone to college with our English teacher and had pictures of her from college that where she was not always fully clothed. Well, one day the English teacher came into the room and those reminders of her wild and woolly past were on the blackboard.

However, for the first time things took a really ugly turn and the guys started talking about their medications. That went on for a a few minutes and I said -"This topic really sucks, we need to go back to the 35 year-old stuff."

Everybody laughed and agreed with me so things went back to normal but a sign of things to come.

I have heard such medicine and health problem discussions called "Organ Recitals" by somebody who said you always want to limit the "Organ Recitals."

They obviously have their place but that night was not it.

Spock

Re: Let's Limit The "Organ Recitals."

#2 Post by Spock » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:32 am

Another fun story that I may have heard in the past-but forgot about was the wiring of a door.

One of the guys at the meet-up and another guy had building trades right before lunch.

Apparently, when choir let out for lunch, the same guy (who the above 2 guys did not like) came busting through the doors to the lunchroom at full force with the doors going flying open at full force.

Well, those 2 yahoos wired the doors shut so when the choir first hit the door it did not move-however, the pressure of the rest of the choir behind the first guy forced the door open with the door handles going flying and so forth.

The principal knew right away who to blame.