Laptop Computer question

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Laptop Computer question

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:10 am

I borrowed SteelersFan's work laptop to see if I could make it log on to a different WiFi and take it to Alaska for BBBL and LS. I took it to the Library, and it worked.

Then SteelersFan took it back to the office, and it will not log on to that WiFi. It gives him some message about South Port, or something. He thinks I picked something up at the Library, which I doubt -- a long while back when I was still working for the City's HR, we had a systems analyst applicant try to hack the system, and it bounced him out.

Any ideas?
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Ritterskoop

Re: Laptop Computer question

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:02 pm

The only solution that ever works for me in this situation is to Forget the network you had been using (his, at work), and then try to reconnect to it.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:02 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:02 pm
The only solution that ever works for me in this situation is to Forget the network you had been using (his, at work), and then try to reconnect to it.
I don't mean to imply that this WILL work for you, at all, but sometimes it helps.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:07 pm

I believe the problem lies with homogenized administrative programming and can be fixed by reimagining the knowledge-based third-generation matrix.

You’re welcome.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:16 pm

Vandal wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:07 pm
I believe the problem lies with homogenized administrative programming and can be fixed by reimagining the knowledge-based third-generation matrix.

You’re welcome.
I see some Umbrella Academy light...
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:55 pm

Thanks, everybody.

They called in the "Pro from Dover," which I didn't think they would do since it's pretty old.

So I can continue my earth-shaking dominance :lol: in BBBL and LS.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Vandal
Director of Promos

#7 Post by Vandal » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:54 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:16 pm
Vandal wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:07 pm

You’re welcome.
I see some Umbrella Academy light...
Vandal land, even better.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster