Happy 4th

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Happy 4th

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:26 pm

Boomer and Merv say hey.

Well, then

flockofseagulls104

Re: Happy 4th

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:38 pm

S2U'All
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:48 pm

No fireworks tonite. It's pouring here
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:43 pm

My old dog has always been terrified of thunderstorms and of course - fireworks. She is now quite deaf and can no longer hear low frequency sounds - like fireworks. Happy days here despite lots of booming action outside. Happy 4th to everyone.
Jaybee

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:20 pm

It is kind of weird because we are 4th of July orphans the last number of years.

Mrs. Spock grew up with a family lake cabin that was a gathering place for family and friends on the 4th, however that got sold 24 years ago (when she was about 30)-so, ever since she has been kind of lost on the 4th.

For me, July 4th means Detroit Lakes Minnesota in the heyday. When I was in college, Detroit Lakes was known as the 3rd best place in the country to get laid on the 4th (per Playboy). Not that I ever got lucky there-but it was a blast in the mid 80's. You could park right on the side of the beach boulevard and hop in the back of pickups and drink beer and talk to girls and whatever.

1986 was my first year there and as this was the summer after my Freshman year of college and lots of NDSU kids went there-my non-NDSU friends were stunned at how many people I knew. I suspect the 1970's and early 1980's were even more of a party.

I realize I was 19 then and you don't get those days back-but that is my 4th of July "Home."

In the 90's and early oughts a neighborhood picnic was held-but as many of those are now dead or failing-those days are gone.

Lots of area towns have July 4th celebrations-but we are not really "Of" those towns-so we might go to a parade or something but it doesn't feel the same.

So we haven't really found a July 4th home for awhile.