Interesting Quote

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kroxquo

Interesting Quote

#1 Post by kroxquo » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:51 am

From my quote-of-the-day daily calendar:

No matter how outrageous a lie may be, it will be accepted if stated loudly enough and often enough. - Isaac Asimov (1968)

I'll just leave that right there.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Interesting Quote

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:21 am

kroxquo wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:51 am

No matter how outrageous a lie may be, it will be accepted if stated loudly enough and often enough. - Isaac Asimov (1968)

I'm pretty sure Abraham Lincoln first wrote that, referring to social media on the Internet. 8) --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:10 am

kroxquo wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:51 am

I'm pretty sure what your intended target with this quote is.
But step back and think about it. What is being repeated most loudly and most often? By innumerable sources using pretty much the same language every time... Why do you think that is?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:24 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:10 am

But step back and think about it. What is being repeated most loudly and most often? By innumerable sources using pretty much the same language every time... Why do you think that is?
I am very happy to see you finally responding to facts and reason rather than your usual trump-based bias. Gives me hope that our country may survive after all.

What is being repeated most loudly and most often? The election has been stolen! The election has been stolen!

By innumerable sources using pretty much the same language every time? We know it's been stolen because you just know that it's been stolen!

Why do you think that is? As per Krox's original quote. I'm sure that Asimov had no clue that one day it would be possible for this thing called social media to take one lie and almost instantly put it into the minds of millions but the same principle applies - only much more powerful. No one can deny that one of the skills of our former president is his ability to influence via social media.
Jaybee

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:05 pm

jaybee wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:24 pm

I am very happy to see you finally responding to facts and reason rather than your usual trump-based bias. Gives me hope that our country may survive after all.

What is being repeated most loudly and most often? The election has been stolen! The election has been stolen!

By innumerable sources using pretty much the same language every time? We know it's been stolen because you just know that it's been stolen!

Why do you think that is? As per Krox's original quote. I'm sure that Asimov had no clue that one day it would be possible for this thing called social media to take one lie and almost instantly put it into the minds of millions but the same principle applies - only much more powerful. No one can deny that one of the skills of our former president is his ability to influence via social media.
I knew this would be one of the answers that would be highlighted from the left's perspective. Let me give you some more to ponder.
All of these featured prominently in supposedly HARD NEWS headlines
... Without Evidence...
... Falsely Claimed...
...Most secure election in history...
and on and on and on....

... Without Evidence...
I have seen evidence. I have even shown indisputable evidence. (The Biden Laptop coverup). There is evidence. True the Vote has evidence and has given it to the FBI and to several state PTB, only to have it ignored, swept under the rug, and in the case of my own state of Georgia, having TPTB target the messenger. Just because TPTB don't want to investigate the evidence does not mean the 'NEWS' media should report the government official's claims as fact in hard news headlines. That is a lie repeated over and over and so loudly that people like YOU BELIEVE IT.

... Falsely Claimed...
It is the job of the journalist to compile and report the facts. Not to determine the conclusion. There is NOT ONE journalist who knows for a fact what the truth is pertaining to the 2020 election. NOT ONE! Even though many election rules were arbitrarily changed and state legislatures were bypassed unlawfully. That is not a false claim. And yet, even if it was, there is one side to the debate that doesn't believe these claims are false. Since WHEN is it a journalist's prerogative to decide what side of an argument is true or false? Yet, they report on HARD NEWS stories, over and over, and very loudly, that any claims of irregularities in the 2020 election are false. So repeatedly and so loudly that people like YOU BELIEVE IT.

That is the most outrageous lie repeated so often and loudly. WHO made that determination, and to what did they compare it? Where is the EVIDENCE for this lie? If you step back and give this statement even an ounce of thought, you would see this is an incredibly stupid statement for ANYONE to just come out and make. And yet, because it is repeated so often and loudly, people like YOU BELIEVE IT!

Now, I do NOT know if the 2020 election was fraudulent or not. But I DO know that those three phrases repeated endlessly by the MSM are definitely untrue.
And this is just on this topic that YOU brought up. There are MANY other areas where this is the case as well.
You gave your post very little actual thought. But you put it out there because you have been conditioned to believe what they have told you so often and so loudly.

And, from experience, I don't think there's a one of you on this bored that will give ANY thought to what I just wrote. The only movement for any of you will be a little twitch of your knee.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jaybee

#6 Post by jaybee » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:00 pm

That's some serious denial going on there.

And as much as my democratic friends would like to change it, I remain a Republican.
Jaybee

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:24 pm

jaybee wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:00 pm
That's some serious denial going on there.

And as much as my democratic friends would like to change it, I remain a Republican.
Anything I said provably untrue?
What, exactly, am I denying?

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:16 pm

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:05 pm
True the Vote has evidence and has given it to the FBI and to several state PTB, only to have it ignored, swept under the rug, and in the case of my own state of Georgia, having TPTB target the messenger. Just because TPTB don't want to investigate the evidence does not mean the 'NEWS' media should report the government official's claims as fact in hard news headlines. That is a lie repeated over and over and so loudly that people like YOU BELIEVE IT.

It is the job of the journalist to compile and report the facts. Not to determine the conclusion. There is NOT ONE journalist who knows for a fact what the truth is pertaining to the 2020 election. NOT ONE! Even though many election rules were arbitrarily changed and state legislatures were bypassed unlawfully.
Whatever True the Vote turned over to the FBI and GBI wasn't sufficient to warrant further investigation. So it's hard to claim that's credible evidence. True the Vote has yet to respond to Georgia subpoenas. The state of Georgia isn't "targeting the messenger." They're giving the messenger every opportunity to come forward with evidence under oath. And they get met with excuses and delays. The State Elections Board did investigate the videos that took place in Georgia and found that there was no illegal ballot harvesting going on in those cases.

I guess a more accurate description of the claims of a rigged election was "claims that have been unanimously rejected by over 60 courts that heard the cases." That's a bit tough to fit in a headline.

What Flock and his fellow deniers hang their hats on is that it will never be possible to conclusively prove that there was no fraud or rigging in regard to the election. It's like conclusively proving that there was no conspiracy to kill John F. Kennedy. Every claim True the Vote has made that is capable of verification has been disproved. They have also never set forth a plausible scenario for how the sort of massive fraud they allege could have been pulled off; namely how the fraudsters could have gotten their hands on that many fraudulent absentee ballots that would pass muster with election authorities (or why they didn't just mail them in complete privacy as opposed to exposing themselves to possible detection by using drop boxes and spending more money to do so). In Georgia, it couldn't be done, and I suspect that the same scenario would apply in other states as well. Bill Barr, who was a pretty strong Trump advocate up until the final days, laughed at the so-called True the Vote evidence.

I'm just waiting to see what Flock is going to say when True the Vote finally runs out of excuses and delays for this so-called Operation Ripcord.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#9 Post by kroxquo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am

jaybee wrote:

I knew this would be one of the answers that would be highlighted from the left's perspective. Let me give you some more to ponder.
... Without Evidence...
... Falsely Claimed...
and on and on and on....

... Without Evidence...
I have seen evidence. I have even shown indisputable evidence. (The Biden Laptop coverup). There is evidence. True the Vote has evidence and has given it to the FBI and to several state PTB, only to have it ignored, swept under the rug, and in the case of my own state of Georgia, having TPTB target the messenger. Just because TPTB don't want to investigate the evidence does not mean the 'NEWS' media should report the government official's claims as fact in hard news headlines. That is a lie repeated over and over and so loudly that people like YOU BELIEVE IT.

... Falsely Claimed...
It is the job of the journalist to compile and report the facts. Not to determine the conclusion. There is NOT ONE journalist who knows for a fact what the truth is pertaining to the 2020 election. NOT ONE! Even though many election rules were arbitrarily changed and state legislatures were bypassed unlawfully. That is not a false claim. And yet, even if it was, there is one side to the debate that doesn't believe these claims are false. Since WHEN is it a journalist's prerogative to decide what side of an argument is true or false? Yet, they report on HARD NEWS stories, over and over, and very loudly, that any claims of irregularities in the 2020 election are false. So repeatedly and so loudly that people like YOU BELIEVE IT.

That is the most outrageous lie repeated so often and loudly. WHO made that determination, and to what did they compare it? Where is the EVIDENCE for this lie? If you step back and give this statement even an ounce of thought, you would see this is an incredibly stupid statement for ANYONE to just come out and make. And yet, because it is repeated so often and loudly, people like YOU BELIEVE IT!

Now, I do NOT know if the 2020 election was fraudulent or not. But I DO know that those three phrases repeated endlessly by the MSM are definitely untrue.
And this is just on this topic that YOU brought up. There are MANY other areas where this is the case as well.
You gave your post very little actual thought. But you put it out there because you have been conditioned to believe what they have told you so often and so loudly.

And, from experience, I don't think there's a one of you on this bored that will give ANY thought to what I just wrote. The only movement for any of you will be a little twitch of your knee.
It is impossible to prove a negative. So the burden is not proving that massive election fraud did not exist, but that it did. And at this juncture, there has been no evidence presented that courts or investigative bodies have deemed worthy enough. If the sources you go back to such as TTV wanted to act in the public interest, they would release what they have, especially when they are under subpoena to do so, The fact they do not raises legitimate concern about motivations. And since the evidence has been dismissed in the proper channels as not being worthy of following up, you automatically assume the worst.
If a doctor looks at a CT scan of my brain and says I have a brain tumor, I am going to believe him even though I can't see it myself. Why? It is his job to do that and he is specifically trained for it. The statements about it being the most secure election in history, was a statement from the people in DHS whose ONLY job is to make sure that elections are conducted properly. At a certain point I have to concede that "I don't know what I don't know" and that they know and understand more than I do, just as I would with that doctor.

Apply Occam's Razor
Scenario 1 - A massive fraud across the country involving hundreds of election officials from both parties in at least a dozen states, the total cooperation of elected officials from both parties from those states, executives and technicians from several private companies, the entire Justice Department and election branch of the Department of Homeland Security, the entire media complex (you don't think a journalist would jump at the chance for a Pulitzer Prize for uncovering real evidence?), and all of this done with total secrecy.
Scenario 2 - "We have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election.” - William Barr

Looking objectively - which one is more likely?
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:09 am

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
If a doctor looks at a CT scan of my brain and says I have a brain tumor, I am going to believe him even though I can't see it myself. Why? It is his job to do that and he is specifically trained for it.
Actually, a more precise analogy would be if 60 doctors looked at the CT scan and they all said you had a brain tumor...
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:59 am

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
jaybee wrote:

... Without Evidence...
... Falsely Claimed...
and on and on and on....

... Without Evidence...

... Falsely Claimed...

It is impossible to prove a negative. So the burden is not proving that massive election fraud did not exist, but that it did. And at this juncture, there has been no evidence presented that courts or investigative bodies have deemed worthy enough. If the sources you go back to such as TTV wanted to act in the public interest, they would release what they have, especially when they are under subpoena to do so, The fact they do not raises legitimate concern about motivations. And since the evidence has been dismissed in the proper channels as not being worthy of following up, you automatically assume the worst.
If a doctor looks at a CT scan of my brain and says I have a brain tumor, I am going to believe him even though I can't see it myself. Why? It is his job to do that and he is specifically trained for it. The statements about it being the most secure election in history, was a statement from the people in DHS whose ONLY job is to make sure that elections are conducted properly. At a certain point I have to concede that "I don't know what I don't know" and that they know and understand more than I do, just as I would with that doctor.

Apply Occam's Razor
Scenario 1 - A massive fraud across the country involving hundreds of election officials from both parties in at least a dozen states, the total cooperation of elected officials from both parties from those states, executives and technicians from several private companies, the entire Justice Department and election branch of the Department of Homeland Security, the entire media complex (you don't think a journalist would jump at the chance for a Pulitzer Prize for uncovering real evidence?), and all of this done with total secrecy.
Scenario 2 - "We have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election.” - William Barr

Looking objectively - which one is more likely?
Again, I'll ask the questions that you have ignored:
Anything I said provably untrue?
What, exactly, am I denying?

["We have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election."
No, they probably have not. I have read Barr's critique of 2000 Mules. It is patently obvious that either he is not aware of any investigation done on the data presented in the movie, or his department never did one. It is also obvious, from his mistakes and mischaracterizations, that he didn't even see the movie, and was relying on the dubious 'fact checks' disseminated by the media.

you don't think a journalist would jump at the chance for a Pulitzer Prize for uncovering real evidence?
What journalist would that be? A Mr. Dinesh D'Souza has jumped at the chance. He, to my knowledge, is not up for any Pulitzer Prize. His name is being dragged through the mud. Fox News forbids their employees from even mentioning the name of the piece D'Souza did. Anyone who even questions the 'most secure election' mantra is promptly banned from social media and is subject to epithets and derision. Name me ONE 'journalist' in the left-controlled media who would have the courage to even do a cursory investigation that gives any credence to this evidence. Yet they all blathered for 4 years + about how Trump was a Putin puppet.

Yes, krox, I have doubts. And because of the narrative you hang your hat on, very little is being done to actually make elections more secure. Who benefits from that? Us, the American people, or those who currently hold the power?