Magnum PI Back on NBC

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Magnum PI Back on NBC

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:52 am

Thomas Magnum just pulled off his greatest rescue mission.

Two months after being canceled by CBS after four seasons, Magnum PI will be moving to NBC for two more seasons and a total of 20 additional episodes. The network also has an option for more seasons. Options on the cast's contracts expired on June 30, so the deal was finalized right under the wire. (The show is co-produced by Universal, the parent company of NBC). The original Magnum PI with Tom Selleck ran for eight seasons in the 1980s.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Magnum PI Back on NBC

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:32 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:52 am
Thomas Magnum just pulled off his greatest rescue mission.

Two months after being canceled by CBS after four seasons, Magnum PI will be moving to NBC for two more seasons and a total of 20 additional episodes. The network also has an option for more seasons. Options on the cast's contracts expired on June 30, so the deal was finalized right under the wire. (The show is co-produced by Universal, the parent company of NBC). The original Magnum PI with Tom Selleck ran for eight seasons in the 1980s.
I quit watching the original Magnum when he escaped from an impossible situation, but it didn't show the escape. He's trapped, but then two scenes later, he's walking away from a plane wreck, if I recall correctly. I thought of that when Annie Wilkes goes into that great rant in Misery. Give Kathy Bates the credit for the "great," of course.

I did watch one more episode, a crossover with Murder, She Wrote. It was great -- they were trying to salvage Magnum ratings with a crossover starring a middle aged mystery writer. Same fan base, I guess.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:24 pm

In sort-of related news, the "Field of Dreams" television series in the works at Peacock has been nuked. I was concerned about anyone trying to capture that kind of (actual) magic on TV rather than in a movie, but was going to give Michael Schur a chance, because if anyone can do it, it would be him.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

triviawayne

#4 Post by triviawayne » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:06 pm

Well this gets interesting.

During the original run of Quantum Leap (which is also coming to NBC), Donald P. Bellisario had said a few times he wanted to do a crossover with Magnum PI, but all the pieces just never fell into place. They were on different networks at the time, but I guess not any more.

I was hoping it would happen and have something to do with the Magnum episode where he dreamt he was in the past.

Maybe now...