Another tragedy at the southern border.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Another tragedy at the southern border.

#26 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:18 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:57 pm
It sure doesn't help that, because it helps them politically, Trump and other Republicans disseminate the canard that Biden and the Democrats are in favor of and are allowing "open borders" in order to add more voters who would favor them.

As usual, politics trumps substance and policy for them.
"Open borders" have been disproved by the 50+ people who died in the trailer.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#27 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:26 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:18 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
It sure doesn't help that, because it helps them politically, Trump and other Republicans disseminate the canard that Biden and the Democrats are in favor of and are allowing "open borders" in order to add more voters who would favor them.

How so?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:45 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:26 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

How so?
Because if the borders really were open, they wouldn't have needed to hide in a tractor-trailer to sneak into the country. They could have just walked in. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flocks lawyer

#29 Post by flocks lawyer » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:09 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-m ... nal-update

Almost 200,000 unique individuals ENCOUNTERED in one month. That's a small city. Put that together for one year, and you have a city in at least the top 20 in population in the US.
And that doesn't count the people who WEREN'T encountered, Like the 50 people who were baked to death in the truck.

I don't care where you get your news from or where you don't.

We have no sane immigration policy, and nobody has any intention of fixing it. And Biden is actively and seemingly deliberately making it worse and worse with everything he does.
J.D. in Below Average Lawyering from Prager University. My pronouns are unpronouncable.

flocks lawyer

#30 Post by flocks lawyer » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:14 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:45 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
How so?
Because if the borders really were open, they wouldn't have needed to hide in a tractor-trailer to sneak into the country. They could have just walked in. --Bob
We got confused.
We thought this was a Juchian response.

counselor, are you feeling ok?
J.D. in Below Average Lawyering from Prager University. My pronouns are unpronouncable.

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:19 pm

flocks lawyer wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:09 pm
Almost 200,000 unique individuals ENCOUNTERED in one month. That's a small city. Put that together for one year, and you have a city in at least the top 20 in population in the US.
Flock's lawyer just flunked the bar exam. He suffers from the same problem his client does, citing to articles that actually disprove the point he's trying to make.

"Encountered" doesn't mean waving at them as they go by and saying "Welcome to the United States." It means taken into custody. As CBP Commissioner Chris Magnus said in a part of that article you didn't read (but I did when I cited it earlier in this thread):
Current restrictions at the U.S. border have not changed: single adults and families encountered at the Southwest Border will continue to be expelled, where appropriate, under Title 42.

That's 200,000 people who aren't entering the country without proper documentation, a considerably higher number than were caught under Trump despite all his grandstanding about his impregnable border fence, which proved about as impregnable as the Maginot Line.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#32 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:45 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
How so?
It's sad you have to explain that.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.