I caught a mangy rodent

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

I caught a mangy rodent

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:18 am

I caught a mangy rodent in my garden in a live trap. The little pack rat had been eating my tomato plants. This is about what he looked like in the trap:

We took him downriver about five miles and turned him loose. He raced out of the trap, hesitated a second, then raced away into the underbrush close to the river. I reset the trap in case I caught the wrong rodent. I dunno if all mangy rodents like peanut butter, but if ES comes around, I'm ready . . .

This is what I got with the first image I copied. I hope it doesn't happen during Lyrically Speaking.

-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: I caught a mangy rodent

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:17 am

That may be the same one who got our huge siamesey tomato! Our plant is like something out of Little Shop of Horrors. We had plans for that mater!
Well, then

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:34 pm

Stealing images to impersonate a poor, little rodent that allegedly ate your plants! It should sue you for defamation!

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:34 pm

I almost missed this - Saw the title and thought it was another political thread.
Jaybee

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:04 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:34 pm
Stealing images to impersonate a poor, little rodent that allegedly ate your plants! It should sue you for defamation!
LOL, Marley! Good one!

Truth be told, I'm not sure I did catch the "poor, little rodent" who'd been eating the plants. We have a pocket gopher who may have eaten two broccoli plants :evil: . So that could be the tomato culprit as well. But Libby has dug up most of his (or her) burrows, and there are none in the garden, so I'm leaning toward the pack rat being the tomato culprit. And probably the broccoli culprit.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:02 pm

That pause was probably the MR assessing his chances of getting back to the garden before you.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire