Dobbs comes down

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Dobbs comes down

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:16 am

In favor of Dobbs.

Roe v Wade has been overturned.

Everybody will now have their own interpretations.

Here we go.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

Re: Dobbs comes down

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:26 am

Here is the Court's ruling, written by Alito, along with a dissent by 3 judges:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 2_6j37.pdf
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:10 am

Great. Also good news is now conservative New Yorkers can protect themselves without having to prove why they have to protect themselves.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:34 am

jarnon wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:26 am
Here is the Court's ruling, written by Alito, along with a dissent by 3 judges:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 2_6j37.pdf
I note with interest that Justice Thomas thinks that the rulings in Griswold v. Connecticut (prevents state restrictions on contraception), Obergefell v. Hodges (allows same-sex marriages), and Lawrence v. Texas (same-sex sexual relations) on the same basis, yet doesn't mention Loving v. Virginia, which overturned laws against interracial marriages. Hmmm...I wonder why he didn't mention that one. Oh, wait...
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:44 am

Biden's handlers just blamed everything on Trump.

So much for protecting and defending the Constitution.
His handlers will, no doubt, do everything they can to undermine the decision.
Dividing us again.

SURPRISE!!!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:53 am

Well, I will give him credit for calling for peace (at long last), just like Trump did on 1/6.

If there's anyone left who actually listens to him.

It looks like he lost his place on the teleprompter, but made a decent recovery.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:56 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:44 am
So much for protecting and defending the Constitution.
His handlers will, no doubt, do everything they can to undermine the decision.
Dividing us again.
The only thing I heard him do was to call for people to elect Senators and Representatives who would codify Roe. That's what the Supreme Court said was the appropriate remedy, legislative action.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#8 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:07 pm

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:53 am
Well, I will give him credit for calling for peace (at long last), just like Trump did on 1/6.
The difference being is that Biden is calling for peace pre-emptively whereas the 45th President incited the violence and waited through several hours of it before calling for peace and telling the rioters that he loved them.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

kroxquo

#9 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:33 pm

So now that Republicans have gotten their wish, I will reiterate something I said in an earlier thread. I am assuming that Republicans will now mandate science-based sex education (abstinence-only is not it) to prevent unwanted pregnancies and expand medicaid coverage, Head Start, WIC, and school funding generally to help all the children who will now be born when unwanted pregnancies do occur. Since we've saved their lives, now how about making their lives livable.

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:54 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:07 pm
The difference being is that Biden is calling for peace pre-emptively whereas the 45th President incited the violence and waited through several hours of it before calling for peace and telling the rioters that he loved them.
No, krox, that's not what happened. But I am pretty much convinced your mind is as closed as bob's and the stalkers. Too bad.

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:46 pm

Stolen from somewhere else but:

I haven't seen liberals this upset since the Republicans freed their slaves.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:46 pm

Right? It'll be a little harder to kill those babies made 'by accident' so Republicans should have to foot the bill for them for life. :roll:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

kroxquo

#13 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:30 pm

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:54 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:07 pm
No, krox, that's not what happened. But I am pretty much convinced your mind is as closed as bob's and the stalkers. Too bad.
Words do not exist to express the extent of my consternation at your disapproval.

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:

The slave owners were liberals? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

wbtravis007

#15 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Just some imaginary lady in New York, but:

So, we can’t make it illegal for that nut-job over there to have a gun hidden on himself somewhere but y’all can regulate the contents of my uterus as of right after I have sex?

[Hate to admit it, but NiT’s post was actually pretty funny.]

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:47 pm

Griswold is now in danger.

Of course, Loving isn't.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

kroxquo

#17 Post by kroxquo » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:27 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:47 pm

Of course, Loving isn't.
Obergefell has also got to be in their sights.

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:28 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:47 pm

Of course, Loving isn't.
Of course. You won't find the word "contraceptives" anywhere in the Constitution. Then again, you also won't find "marriage."

Bob Juch

#19 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:13 pm

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:31 pm

Nice picture. Too big though.

Yes, it WAS the precedent. It WAS the law of the land. Until this case came to them. Then they ruled on it.

It is the comment at the bottom of your picture that is the lie.

But I guess you, like good ol' Maxine, only accept SCOTUS rulings when they are in your favor.

Take it up in your state. Or get enough states to ratify a new Constitutional Amendment.

Roe v Wade is now NOT the law of the land.

And Joe Biden is the President of the US.

Just like I have to... Deal with it.

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:49 am

I guess a fetus isn't always considered a life, even in Texas:

Pregnant woman says her fetus should count as a passenger in HOV lanes. She got a ticket
On June 29 [Brandy Bottone, a woman who was 34 weeks pregnant] was driving on U.S. Highway 75 South and headed to the Interstate 635 West interchange.
“I was driving to pick up my son. I knew I couldn’t be a minute late, so I took the HOV [high-occupancy vehicle] lane. As I exited the HOV, there was a checkpoint at the end of the exit. I slammed on my brakes, and I was pulled over by police.

“An officer peeked in and asked, ‘Is there anybody else in the car?’ “I said, ‘Well, yes.’ He asked, ‘Where?’ I pointed to my stomach and said, ‘My baby girl is right here. She is a person.’ He said, ‘Oh, no. It’s got to be two people outside of the body.’"

“One officer kind of brushed me off when I mentioned this is a living child, according to everything that’s going on with the overturning of Roe v. Wade. ‘So I don’t know why you’re not seeing that,’ I said. “He was like, ‘I don’t want to deal with this.’ He said, ‘Ma’am, it means two persons outside of the body.’"

“He waved me on to the next cop who gave me a citation and said, ‘If you fight it, it will most likely get dropped.’ But they still gave me a ticket. So my $215 ticket was written to cause inconvenience? This has my blood boiling. How could this be fair? According to the new law, this is a life. I know this may fall on deaf ears, but as a woman, this was shocking.”

The sheriff’s department declined to comment on Bottone’s pregnancy argument. She says she doesn’t believe the state should have it both ways. If a fetus is considered a life before birth, then why doesn’t that count as a second passenger? I asked Amy O’Donnell, spokeswoman for Texas Alliance for Life, an anti-abortion group, what she thought of this unusual situation. She replied, “While the penal code in Texas recognizes an unborn child as a person in our state, the Texas Transportation Code does not specify the same. And a child residing in a mother’s womb is not taking up an extra seat. And with only one occupant taking up a seat, the car did not meet the criteria needed to drive in that lane.”
Translation: In Texas, whether or not a fetus is considered a living human being depends on which definition is needed to punish a pregnant woman.

kroxquo

#22 Post by kroxquo » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:42 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:49 am

Pregnant woman says her fetus should count as a passenger in HOV lanes. She got a ticket
On June 29 [Brandy Bottone, a woman who was 34 weeks pregnant] was driving on U.S. Highway 75 South and headed to the Interstate 635 West interchange.
“I was driving to pick up my son. I knew I couldn’t be a minute late, so I took the HOV [high-occupancy vehicle] lane. As I exited the HOV, there was a checkpoint at the end of the exit. I slammed on my brakes, and I was pulled over by police.

“An officer peeked in and asked, ‘Is there anybody else in the car?’ “I said, ‘Well, yes.’ He asked, ‘Where?’ I pointed to my stomach and said, ‘My baby girl is right here. She is a person.’ He said, ‘Oh, no. It’s got to be two people outside of the body.’"

“One officer kind of brushed me off when I mentioned this is a living child, according to everything that’s going on with the overturning of Roe v. Wade. ‘So I don’t know why you’re not seeing that,’ I said. “He was like, ‘I don’t want to deal with this.’ He said, ‘Ma’am, it means two persons outside of the body.’"

“He waved me on to the next cop who gave me a citation and said, ‘If you fight it, it will most likely get dropped.’ But they still gave me a ticket. So my $215 ticket was written to cause inconvenience? This has my blood boiling. How could this be fair? According to the new law, this is a life. I know this may fall on deaf ears, but as a woman, this was shocking.”

The sheriff’s department declined to comment on Bottone’s pregnancy argument. She says she doesn’t believe the state should have it both ways. If a fetus is considered a life before birth, then why doesn’t that count as a second passenger? I asked Amy O’Donnell, spokeswoman for Texas Alliance for Life, an anti-abortion group, what she thought of this unusual situation. She replied, “While the penal code in Texas recognizes an unborn child as a person in our state, the Texas Transportation Code does not specify the same. And a child residing in a mother’s womb is not taking up an extra seat. And with only one occupant taking up a seat, the car did not meet the criteria needed to drive in that lane.”
Translation: In Texas, whether or not a fetus is considered a living human being depends on which definition is needed to punish a pregnant woman.
I wonder if pregnant women will be able to deduct unborn children from their taxes next year?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#23 Post by Estonut » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:30 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:49 am

You're not a very skilled translator.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tlynn78

#24 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:56 pm

The rest of the story: turns out, the rapist was one of beneficiaries of Biden and Kamala's failed immigration 'plan'

"The story was eventually echoed by President Biden in a speech last week in announcing measures to protect abortion access in the wake of the recent Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v Wade.

"Ten years old. Raped, six weeks pregnant. Already traumatized. Was forced to travel to another state. Imagine being that little girl," Biden said."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:46 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:56 pm
The rest of the story: turns out, the rapist was one of beneficiaries of Biden and Kamala's failed immigration 'plan'
Up until the arrest, right wing media was claiming the story was all a Democratic hoax. It's good that they are so adept at pivoting from one issue to another so quickly.