I hope it don't happen

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: I hope it don't happen

#26 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:40 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:09 pm
The count here is 50 since the leak occurred. The ACLJ counts 63, including 3 today.

https://www.ncregister.com/news/as-atta ... onse-tepid

But have no fear, the FBI is 'investigating'.

As soon as they figure out who it was that leaked the draft decision, maybe they'll get to it.

Hint: Ask the Politico reporter who leaked it to them....
First, as far as I know, there were no laws broken in leaking the draft decision to the press. This would be a matter for internal Supreme Court disciplinary procedures and possible Bar sanctions if anyone doing the leaking were a member of the Bar.

Second, from reading the article, most of the "attacks" on pro-life centers were cases of vandalism, either painting graffiti or breaking windows and the like. The FBI typically does not get involved in investigating vandalism. And, as anyone who has seen any urban area will tell you, there's a heck of a lot of vandalism that goes on, most of which doesn't get caught. That's not to excuse it by any means. It's just a matter of what and where police priorities should be.

Third, usually when arrests are made in hate graffiti cases, it's a result of someone seeing the criminals or being recorded on surveillance footage or them bragging about what they did on social media. Delays of months between incidents and arrests aren't uncommon. And police don't announce what progress they've made in ongoing cases of any sort. You learn about it when they make arrests.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#27 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:25 am

The count here is 50 since the leak occurred. The ACLJ counts 63, including 3 today.

As soon as they figure out who it was that leaked the draft decision, maybe they'll get to it.

The FBI is not investigating the leak. Chief Justice Roberts has kept the investigation internal and since there was no crime committed they don't have jurisdiction to come in unless requested. And as for the reporter, no ethical and responsible journalist would give up the name of a confidential informant, even if it means going to jail for contempt.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:35 am

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:25 am

The FBI is not investigating the leak. Chief Justice Roberts has kept the investigation internal and since there was no crime committed they don't have jurisdiction to come in unless requested. And as for the reporter, no ethical and responsible journalist would give up the name of a confidential informant, even if it means going to jail for contempt.
Please find me an ethical and/or responsible journalist. That might be worth all this trouble.

No ethical or responsible journalist would have published this.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:26 pm

Well, we'll see what happens tonight.

I hope they listen to Biden, but there's rumblings that antifa is mobilizing a return in force.

I don't know. Nobody knows. But IF there's violence, the dems and media need to start doing some introspection.

But I fear that will only happen when hell freezes over.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#30 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:46 pm

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:26 pm

I hope they listen to Biden, but there's rumblings that antifa is mobilizing a return in force.

I don't know. Nobody knows. But IF there's violence, the dems and media need to start doing some introspection.

You're still suffering from the delusion that antifa is a real thing?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:46 pm
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:26 pm

You're still suffering from the delusion that antifa is a real thing?
I see you are still suffering from self imposed ignorance.

https://truthnewsnet.org/10104-2/

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 am

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:14 pm
I see you are still suffering from self imposed ignorance.

https://truthnewsnet.org/10104-2/
The "fact" that nobody knows anything about who "antifa" is should be a big clue that there is no antifa. They don't have a website; they don't have a social media presence; they have no organizational structure. Unlike the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers and similar organizations who have very well organized command structures that enabled them to mobilize for January 6.

The far-more-likely explanation is that you have ad hoc groups and neighborhood activists organizing spur-of-the-moment protests in various communities. These groups come together quickly after an event like the Floyd killing and then drift apart almost as quickly because no one has the determination to turn them into a full-time movement. Contrast that to the Vietnam War era where you had very visible, very well organized groups like the Weather Underground and Black Panthers. Here, "antifa" doesn't even give themselves a name.

Yes, some of these protests do turn violent. There have been hundreds of arrests and numerous convictions stemming from riots and demonstrations after the Floyd killing. But in all that time, authorities haven't turned up any evidence of these supposed "antifa" groups. Antifa is just a name that right wingers slap on any local group that puts together a demonstration, especially one that turns violent. The goal is to get some sort of moral equivalence.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#33 Post by Estonut » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 am
The "fact" that nobody knows anything about who "antifa" is should be a big clue that there is no antifa. They don't have a website; ...
Sure they do:

www.antifa.com

Here's a real one:

https://rosecityantifa.org/
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:49 pm

Estonut wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:51 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 am
The "fact" that nobody knows anything about who "antifa" is should be a big clue that there is no antifa. They don't have a website; ...
Sure they do:

www.antifa.com

Here's a real one:

https://rosecityantifa.org/
That's one small group in Portland that has Antifa in the name. It's not a nationwide organization the way the right portrays it.