Costanza Syndrome

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Costanza Syndrome

#1 Post by kroxquo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:32 pm

"It's not a lie... if you believe it." - George Costanza

There's is something I've always wondered about. Does the 45th President truly believe that he won the 2020 election? Is he that divorced from reality that he believes his own rhetoric? Or is he so cynical and power hungry that he purposely undermined - and continues to undermine - the American electoral system?

Given the lack of evidence of electoral fraud, I don't see how it can be anything other than one of those 2 scenarios.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13010
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:44 pm

I'd go with the cynical option. Although he may just not understand/believe the fact that many elections have been sketchy on both sides. Which is a flaw in his historical understanding in itself on his part.
Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6513
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:04 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:32 pm
"It's not a lie... if you believe it." - George Costanza

There's is something I've always wondered about. Does the 45th President truly believe that he won the 2020 election? Is he that divorced from reality that he believes his own rhetoric? Or is he so cynical and power hungry that he purposely undermined - and continues to undermine - the American electoral system?

Given the lack of evidence of electoral fraud, I don't see how it can be anything other than one of those 2 scenarios.
Krox. The majority of the American people have questions about the integrity of the 2020 elections.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... t_cheating

And, as I have pointed out many times, with none of the usual suspects even commenting on it, it is not 'journalism' to report on any controversial issue and assert one side is lying. Yet that is what has happened from day one after the election. They did not do that when Hillary alleged Russia helped Trump win in 2016, did they? No. They launched a 4-year bullshit media campaign about it.

And, as I have pointed out, there IS evidence of election fraud. Hunter Biden's laptop. All talk about it was censored by the major media, until a few months ago when it was admitted it was a true story. More came out about it today. An audio clip where Hunter said his dad would do anything he asked him to. There is also 2000 Mules, which has claimed it has rock-solid evidence of ballot trafficking. True the Vote initially gave this evidence to who they thought were the proper authorities to spark official investigations, only to find themselves the target. Much like James O'Keefe at Veritas experiences.

So, the answer to your question is: Maybe he does believe he won the election. So did Hillary. So did our governor, The President of the Earth. But who, krox, is currently the President?
I believe that Trump, and True the Vote, don't want to overthrow anybody. They want to restore faith and trust in our election system by showing how vulnerable it is to fraud and cheating. They don't want anything like 2020 to ever have the opportunity to happen again.

And all the people that cling to the BIG LIE lie are preventing the election integrity debate and setting us up for perpetual questioning of voting results.

But don't keep repeating the propaganda that there is a 'lack of evidence' of election fraud. There is PLENTY of evidence of it. The arbitrary making it easier to cast a ballot while simultaneously relaxing or eliminating verification procedures, all in the name of Covid. Zuckerberg and others providing millions of dollars of support to predominantly democrat districts with no oversight to where the money went. The Media censoring reporting on Hunter Biden's laptop. The endless repeating of the phrase 'most secure election in US history' without any proof or any basis of comparison, just a statement. You are too smart to dismiss that.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13010
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:14 pm

Flock, I have to agree to disagree with you. This is just a continuation of the Dem bullshit that went on during Trump's term, only the reverse. Revenge politics. It must stop or we'll have Trump running against Biden, pushing out actual vital candidates.
Two fucking decrepit dinosaurs who are substituting this crap for viagra.

It's getting really old.
Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6513
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:40 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Flock, I have to agree to disagree with you. This is just a continuation of the Dem bullshit that went on during Trump's term, only the reverse. Revenge politics. It must stop or we'll have Trump running against Biden, pushing out actual vital candidates.
Two fucking decrepit dinosaurs who are substituting this crap for viagra.

It's getting really old.
Well, beebs, I have to disagree with you. I want to be as sure as possible that I can trust the reported results of all future elections. There are too many holes, vulnerabilities and lapses of procedures that have been shown to have happened. We are maybe getting WAY too complex in order to 'make it easier' to vote. As I've heard, most other democratic countries still rely on paper ballots and in-person verification. Why did we move so far away from that? I think it is because it gives the powers that be more control. Another perk of being incumbent, if you ask me.

Voting is a right. But with rights come responsibilities. I am of the belief that if you are physically able, you should be required to vote IN PERSON. And only those with valid reasons should be able to vote absentee. NO OTHERS. Not for convenience's sake, not because it's easier. And those that disagree with me should be willing to make compromises in their methods to make it easier in terms of thorough verification of the vote submitted.

The current atmosphere of 'THE MOST SECURE ELECTION EVER HELD', which is bullshit, is not conducive to that. The most secure election ever held was a long time ago when everyone voted on paper, on one day, and in person. Tell me that is NOT a true statement, beebs. And explain how you can go along with that statement. You don't strike me as someone who blindly goes along with bullshit.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20721
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:40 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Flock, I have to agree to disagree with you. This is just a continuation of the Dem bullshit that went on during Trump's term, only the reverse. Revenge politics. It must stop or we'll have Trump running against Biden, pushing out actual vital candidates.
Two fucking decrepit dinosaurs who are substituting this crap for viagra.

It's getting really old.
Well, beebs, I have to disagree with you. I want to be as sure as possible that I can trust the reported results of all future elections. There are too many holes, vulnerabilities and lapses of procedures that have been shown to have happened. We are maybe getting WAY too complex in order to 'make it easier' to vote. As I've heard, most other democratic countries still rely on paper ballots and in-person verification. Why did we move so far away from that? I think it is because it gives the powers that be more control. Another perk of being incumbent, if you ask me.

Voting is a right. But with rights come responsibilities. I am of the belief that if you are physically able, you should be required to vote IN PERSON. And only those with valid reasons should be able to vote absentee. NO OTHERS. Not for convenience's sake, not because it's easier. And those that disagree with me should be willing to make compromises in their methods to make it easier in terms of thorough verification of the vote submitted.

The current atmosphere of 'THE MOST SECURE ELECTION EVER HELD', which is bullshit, is not conducive to that. The most secure election ever held was a long time ago when everyone voted on paper, on one day, and in person. Tell me that is NOT a true statement, beebs. And explain how you can go along with that statement. You don't strike me as someone who blindly goes along with bullshit.
Such elections are not remotely close to secure because they deprive thousands (if not millions) of people of the ability to vote. They deprive anyone of the right to vote who can't get the time away from work or home for long enough to stand in the necessary line, and remember, because Republicans have been whittling away at the number of polling locations, particularly in Democratic areas, those lines can be hours long. They deprive anyone who happens to be away from home that day of the right to vote. They deprive anyone who can't travel, whether due to illness or infirmity, of the right to vote. And all without in any way making elections more secure.

Your claim that a majority of the American people distrust elections is unadulterated bullshit. A majority of the Republican Party may do so (but I'm not even sure of that), but that's based on zero evidence. It's the result of a propaganda campaign that is not just unsupported, but has been actively refuted each and every time it was in fact examined. Using that propaganda campaign as an excuse to deprive people of their ability to vote is at best unadulterated cynicism, and at worst a deliberate attempt to disenfranchise a class of voters who are less likely to support Republican candidates. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13010
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 pm

Well, then

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13010
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:40 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Flock, I have to agree to disagree with you. This is just a continuation of the Dem bullshit that went on during Trump's term, only the reverse. Revenge politics. It must stop or we'll have Trump running against Biden, pushing out actual vital candidates.
Two fucking decrepit dinosaurs who are substituting this crap for viagra.

It's getting really old.
Well, beebs, I have to disagree with you. I want to be as sure as possible that I can trust the reported results of all future elections. There are too many holes, vulnerabilities and lapses of procedures that have been shown to have happened. We are maybe getting WAY too complex in order to 'make it easier' to vote. As I've heard, most other democratic countries still rely on paper ballots and in-person verification. Why did we move so far away from that? I think it is because it gives the powers that be more control. Another perk of being incumbent, if you ask me.

Voting is a right. But with rights come responsibilities. I am of the belief that if you are physically able, you should be required to vote IN PERSON. And only those with valid reasons should be able to vote absentee. NO OTHERS. Not for convenience's sake, not because it's easier. And those that disagree with me should be willing to make compromises in their methods to make it easier in terms of thorough verification of the vote submitted.

The current atmosphere of 'THE MOST SECURE ELECTION EVER HELD', which is bullshit, is not conducive to that. The most secure election ever held was a long time ago when everyone voted on paper, on one day, and in person. Tell me that is NOT a true statement, beebs. And explain how you can go along with that statement. You don't strike me as someone who blindly goes along with bullshit.
Such elections are not remotely close to secure because they deprive thousands (if not millions) of people of the ability to vote. They deprive anyone of the right to vote who can't get the time away from work or home for long enough to stand in the necessary line, and remember, because Republicans have been whittling away at the number of polling locations, particularly in Democratic areas, those lines can be hours long. They deprive anyone who happens to be away from home that day of the right to vote. They deprive anyone who can't travel, whether due to illness or infirmity, of the right to vote. And all without in any way making elections more secure.

Your claim that a majority of the American people distrust elections is unadulterated bullshit. A majority of the Republican Party may do so (but I'm not even sure of that), but that's based on zero evidence. It's the result of a propaganda campaign that is not just unsupported, but has been actively refuted each and every time it was in fact examined. Using that propaganda campaign as an excuse to deprive people of their ability to vote is at best unadulterated cynicism, and at worst a deliberate attempt to disenfranchise a class of voters who are less likely to support Republican candidates. --Bob
Bullshit back atchya, Bob
Well, then

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6513
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:40 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Flock, I have to agree to disagree with you. This is just a continuation of the Dem bullshit that went on during Trump's term, only the reverse. Revenge politics. It must stop or we'll have Trump running against Biden, pushing out actual vital candidates.
Two fucking decrepit dinosaurs who are substituting this crap for viagra.

It's getting really old.
Well, beebs, I have to disagree with you. I want to be as sure as possible that I can trust the reported results of all future elections. There are too many holes, vulnerabilities and lapses of procedures that have been shown to have happened. We are maybe getting WAY too complex in order to 'make it easier' to vote. As I've heard, most other democratic countries still rely on paper ballots and in-person verification. Why did we move so far away from that? I think it is because it gives the powers that be more control. Another perk of being incumbent, if you ask me.

Voting is a right. But with rights come responsibilities. I am of the belief that if you are physically able, you should be required to vote IN PERSON. And only those with valid reasons should be able to vote absentee. NO OTHERS. Not for convenience's sake, not because it's easier. And those that disagree with me should be willing to make compromises in their methods to make it easier in terms of thorough verification of the vote submitted.

The current atmosphere of 'THE MOST SECURE ELECTION EVER HELD', which is bullshit, is not conducive to that. The most secure election ever held was a long time ago when everyone voted on paper, on one day, and in person. Tell me that is NOT a true statement, beebs. And explain how you can go along with that statement. You don't strike me as someone who blindly goes along with bullshit.
Such elections are not remotely close to secure because they deprive thousands (if not millions) of people of the ability to vote. They deprive anyone of the right to vote who can't get the time away from work or home for long enough to stand in the necessary line, and remember, because Republicans have been whittling away at the number of polling locations, particularly in Democratic areas, those lines can be hours long. They deprive anyone who happens to be away from home that day of the right to vote. They deprive anyone who can't travel, whether due to illness or infirmity, of the right to vote. And all without in any way making elections more secure.

Your claim that a majority of the American people distrust elections is unadulterated bullshit. A majority of the Republican Party may do so (but I'm not even sure of that), but that's based on zero evidence. It's the result of a propaganda campaign that is not just unsupported, but has been actively refuted each and every time it was in fact examined. Using that propaganda campaign as an excuse to deprive people of their ability to vote is at best unadulterated cynicism, and at worst a deliberate attempt to disenfranchise a class of voters who are less likely to support Republican candidates. --Bob
bob, I am not engaging with you, because it is pointless.
I have referenced a poll from a respected polling outfit that says otherwise. Those that believe in polls can debate that.
If you (not you, bob. 'you; in general) feel that having an election DAY, like we've had for so many years in the past, adds an extra burden to those that work, by all means, let's talk about possibly having an election weekend or an election week, as long as we can agree on acceptable verification to make sure all votes are cast legally and authenticated thoroughly. And that all the rules and stipulations agreed upon are carried out in a uniform way in ALL districts in the state. And that bipartisan monitoring is fair and equitable. Maybe actually LEARN from the issues that have been identified in the past elections, instead of adding more vulnerabilities and unnecessary complications.

Can we do that? Or are we going to continue parroting the unsupported propaganda that our election system 'is the most secure in US history' and doesn't have to be changed or improved in any way?

All of the other things bob ranted about, I have addressed several times before and disputed them. But he brings them up again, without acknowledging or referencing my previous answers to his assertations. So it is obvious to me that he either never reads what I write, has no comprehension of it, or his short term memory is shot. That is why I feel it is pointless to engage with him anymore. But as long as he continues, I reserve the right to ridicule his bullshit. (Apologies for any pronoun miscues).
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20732
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:14 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:04 pm
There is also 2000 Mules, which has claimed it has rock-solid evidence of ballot trafficking. True the Vote initially gave this evidence to who they thought were the proper authorities to spark official investigations, only to find themselves the target. Much like James O'Keefe at Veritas experiences.
You mean the 2000 Mules evidence that they promised to reveal in Operation Ripoff, excuse me, Ripcord, which the world has yet to see.

Accusations by Trump, Rudy Giuliani, and you don't equal evidence. Bill Barr said there was no evidence of voter fraud. 60 different judges, some of them appointed by Trump, said there was no evidence of systemic fraud. Even that sham Arizona audit couldn't find evidence of voter fraud.

Of course there will always be useful idiots who don't believe it, but there's no evidence.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20721
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:23 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm
[A]s long as we can agree on acceptable verification to make sure all votes are cast legally and authenticated thoroughly.
We have one. It's called the legal system. And it found on 60 different occasions that votes were cast legally. (Except for a small handful of Trump supporters who appear to have cast two votes.) You just want a different system because the system we already have in place didn't give you the result you want.

You will never achieve perfection when talking about hundreds of millions of votes. The goal is to make sure that instances of fraud are vanishingly rare, that they're caught, and that they are never so numerous as to swing an election. And 60 different courts found that the 2020 election met that standard. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11901
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#12 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:23 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm
[A]s long as we can agree on acceptable verification to make sure all votes are cast legally and authenticated thoroughly.
We have one. It's called the legal system. And it found on 60 different occasions that votes were cast legally. (Except for a small handful of Trump supporters who appear to have cast two votes.) You just want a different system because the system we already have in place didn't give you the result you want.

You will never achieve perfection when talking about hundreds of millions of votes. The goal is to make sure that instances of fraud are vanishingly rare, that they're caught, and that they are never so numerous as to swing an election. And 60 different courts found that the 2020 election met that standard. --Bob
They found no such thing. What you are suggesting is akin to a person being tried for murder and found not guilty of any crimes ever. That just doesnt' happen. What happens is a jury finds there is not enough evidence proving without reasonable doubt that the person commited the murder, not that without a doubt they did not commit the murder, or any other crimes for that matter.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6513
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:53 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:23 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm
[A]s long as we can agree on acceptable verification to make sure all votes are cast legally and authenticated thoroughly.
We have one. It's called the legal system. And it found on 60 different occasions that votes were cast legally. (Except for a small handful of Trump supporters who appear to have cast two votes.) You just want a different system because the system we already have in place didn't give you the result you want.

You will never achieve perfection when talking about hundreds of millions of votes. The goal is to make sure that instances of fraud are vanishingly rare, that they're caught, and that they are never so numerous as to swing an election. And 60 different courts found that the 2020 election met that standard. --Bob
They found no such thing. What you are suggesting is akin to a person being tried for murder and found not guilty of any crimes ever. That just doesnt' happen. What happens is a jury finds there is not enough evidence proving without reasonable doubt that the person commited the murder, not that without a doubt they did not commit the murder, or any other crimes for that matter.
He knows that. He's just practicing his lawyerly lying for our benefit.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20721
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:46 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:23 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm
[A]s long as we can agree on acceptable verification to make sure all votes are cast legally and authenticated thoroughly.
We have one. It's called the legal system. And it found on 60 different occasions that votes were cast legally. (Except for a small handful of Trump supporters who appear to have cast two votes.) You just want a different system because the system we already have in place didn't give you the result you want.

You will never achieve perfection when talking about hundreds of millions of votes. The goal is to make sure that instances of fraud are vanishingly rare, that they're caught, and that they are never so numerous as to swing an election. And 60 different courts found that the 2020 election met that standard. --Bob
They found no such thing. What you are suggesting is akin to a person being tried for murder and found not guilty of any crimes ever. That just doesnt' happen. What happens is a jury finds there is not enough evidence proving without reasonable doubt that the person commited the murder, not that without a doubt they did not commit the murder, or any other crimes for that matter.
You're wrong. The first step is a judge finds there's sufficient evidence to hold the case over for trial and allow a jury to make that decision. Given 60 separate tries, they couldn't clear that step here. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20721
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:49 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:53 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:23 pm
We have one. It's called the legal system. And it found on 60 different occasions that votes were cast legally. (Except for a small handful of Trump supporters who appear to have cast two votes.) You just want a different system because the system we already have in place didn't give you the result you want.

You will never achieve perfection when talking about hundreds of millions of votes. The goal is to make sure that instances of fraud are vanishingly rare, that they're caught, and that they are never so numerous as to swing an election. And 60 different courts found that the 2020 election met that standard. --Bob
They found no such thing. What you are suggesting is akin to a person being tried for murder and found not guilty of any crimes ever. That just doesnt' happen. What happens is a jury finds there is not enough evidence proving without reasonable doubt that the person commited the murder, not that without a doubt they did not commit the murder, or any other crimes for that matter.
He knows that. He's just practicing his lawyerly lying for our benefit.
It's truly remarkable for someone who demonstrably knows nothing about how our legal system works to accuse me (falsely) of lying about how our legal system works when the facts are a matter of public record.

Your guy lost. He lost at the polls and he lost (60 times) in court. That's because he's a loser and the voters rejected him. Deal with it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6513
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#16 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:05 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:49 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:53 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 pm
They found no such thing. What you are suggesting is akin to a person being tried for murder and found not guilty of any crimes ever. That just doesnt' happen. What happens is a jury finds there is not enough evidence proving without reasonable doubt that the person commited the murder, not that without a doubt they did not commit the murder, or any other crimes for that matter.
He knows that. He's just practicing his lawyerly lying for our benefit.
It's truly remarkable for someone who demonstrably knows nothing about how our legal system works to accuse me (falsely) of lying about how our legal system works when the facts are a matter of public record.

Your guy lost. He lost at the polls and he lost (60 times) in court. That's because he's a loser and the voters rejected him. Deal with it. --Bob
It is interesting to me that government entities that put the country through 3 1/2 years of one-sided partisan investigations of a Russian hoax they tried with millions of taxpayer dollars and the assistance of a willing press came up with nothing but "We couldn't find anything to charge him with but we still think he's guilty".
These same government entities spend less than two seconds to declare "There's no credible evidence of widespread fraud' and 'most secure election in history' and you still believe them.
There is something very fishy. They seem to be very one-sided in a town where democrats routinely get more than 90% of the votes cast.
'Scuse me for being a bit skeptical.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6513
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:41 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:49 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:53 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 pm
They found no such thing. What you are suggesting is akin to a person being tried for murder and found not guilty of any crimes ever. That just doesnt' happen. What happens is a jury finds there is not enough evidence proving without reasonable doubt that the person commited the murder, not that without a doubt they did not commit the murder, or any other crimes for that matter.
He knows that. He's just practicing his lawyerly lying for our benefit.
It's truly remarkable for someone who demonstrably knows nothing about how our legal system works to accuse me (falsely) of lying about how our legal system works when the facts are a matter of public record.

Your guy lost. He lost at the polls and he lost (60 times) in court. That's because he's a loser and the voters rejected him. Deal with it. --Bob
Haha. He gets confused on who said what. Then he says I 'falsely' accuse him of lying after he has done that to me multiple times. Only I have shown he has lied several times.
What a maroon.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20721
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:41 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:49 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:53 pm
He knows that. He's just practicing his lawyerly lying for our benefit.
It's truly remarkable for someone who demonstrably knows nothing about how our legal system works to accuse me (falsely) of lying about how our legal system works when the facts are a matter of public record.

Your guy lost. He lost at the polls and he lost (60 times) in court. That's because he's a loser and the voters rejected him. Deal with it. --Bob
Haha. He gets confused on who said what. Then he says I 'falsely' accuse him of lying after he has done that to me multiple times. Only I have shown he has lied several times.
What a maroon.
When, Burt, have you ever shown that I have lied? I take claims impugning my honesty VERY seriously. You should as well. If you don't, you will. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6513
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:57 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:41 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:49 pm
It's truly remarkable for someone who demonstrably knows nothing about how our legal system works to accuse me (falsely) of lying about how our legal system works when the facts are a matter of public record.

Your guy lost. He lost at the polls and he lost (60 times) in court. That's because he's a loser and the voters rejected him. Deal with it. --Bob
Haha. He gets confused on who said what. Then he says I 'falsely' accuse him of lying after he has done that to me multiple times. Only I have shown he has lied several times.
What a maroon.
When, Burt, have you ever shown that I have lied? I take claims impugning my honesty VERY seriously. You should as well. If you don't, you will. --Bob
Oh BOB! Are you threatening to sue me again!!!!!
I'm pretty certain that I have. Maybe you should actually read my posts before you rant.
Now you'll have to do your research.
:D :D :D
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20721
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:31 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:18 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:57 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:41 pm
Haha. He gets confused on who said what. Then he says I 'falsely' accuse him of lying after he has done that to me multiple times. Only I have shown he has lied several times.
What a maroon.
When, Burt, have you ever shown that I have lied? I take claims impugning my honesty VERY seriously. You should as well. If you don't, you will. --Bob
Oh BOB! Are you threatening to sue me again!!!!!
I'm pretty certain that I have. Maybe you should actually read my posts before you rant.
Now you'll have to do your research.
:D :D :D
See you in court. If you want to communicate with me further, other than a retraction of your false and defamatory statement, have your attorney contact me. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20732
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:54 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:05 pm
These same government entities spend less than two seconds to declare "There's no credible evidence of widespread fraud' and 'most secure election in history' and you still believe them.
Sixty lawsuits took a heck of a lot longer than two seconds to resolve. That's not including the various audits and state investigations. And nobody has yet to show any actual evidence of fraud on the scale you and Trump allege.

And you are aware that there is substantial evidence that Russia tried to interfere in the 2016 election. What Mueller didn't prove to his satisfaction was that there was an actual agreement between Russia and Trump on the subject.

I eagerly await the release of the True the Vote evidence in response to the Georgia subpoenas. I also eagerly await Georgia Tech's next national football championship. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time for both, but Tech will produce before True the Vote does.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13328
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#22 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:56 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm
If you (not you, bob. 'you; in general) feel that having an election DAY, like we've had for so many years in the past, adds an extra burden to those that work, by all means, let's talk about possibly having an election weekend or an election week, as long as we can agree on acceptable verification to make sure all votes are cast legally and authenticated thoroughly. And that all the rules and stipulations agreed upon are carried out in a uniform way in ALL districts in the state. And that bipartisan monitoring is fair and equitable. Maybe actually LEARN from the issues that have been identified in the past elections, instead of adding more vulnerabilities and unnecessary complications.
May I interject to say that I agree with most of what you say here. Having more than one day to vote, or moving it from the 2nd Tuesday to a weekend day, and/or having more than one day makes a good deal of sense. So does the idea of identification/verification. So why hasn't this happened? I suspect that one of the reasons is a fear of a "national identity card" on the part of people who are already mistrustful of government. As for paper ballots, I think that ship has sailed, largely because of the "I want it now" attitude among our people. It should be possible to combine electronic voting with paper ballots.
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm
Can we do that? Or are we going to continue parroting the unsupported propaganda that our election system 'is the most secure in US history' and doesn't have to be changed or improved in any way?
Wasn't it William Barr who said that? And I don't think anyone is saying that things can't or shouldn't be improved.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#23 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:57 am

Here's a couple thoughts that occur to me -

the 45th President claimed in 2016 that massive voter fraud deprived him of a popular victory as well as an electoral one. He was President for four years, two of which he had very supportive majorities in both houses of Congress. If it was such a problem then, and he was that concerned, then why did he not tackle the issue then? Why did the issue only become critical when he lost?

If absentee voting was so problematic, why did he himself vote that way?
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6513
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:07 am

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:57 am
Here's a couple thoughts that occur to me -

the 45th President claimed in 2016 that massive voter fraud deprived him of a popular victory as well as an electoral one. He was President for four years, two of which he had very supportive majorities in both houses of Congress. If it was such a problem then, and he was that concerned, then why did he not tackle the issue then? Why did the issue only become critical when he lost?

If absentee voting was so problematic, why did he himself vote that way?
First of all, after he was elected, as you might recall, the loser and her whole entire party, along with the press, embroiled him in a made-up story that somehow he colluded with V. Putin in order to get elected. No one in the press called that the BIG LIE, or had to mention in every story about it (of which there were millions) that it was unproven, there was no evidence for it and that it was a conspiracy theory. Every story was based on leaks from anonymous sources, rumors of rumors, allegations with no proof, out-of-context quotes, speculation, and obvious lies. And in the end, the highly partisan Mueller committee could not find enough hard evidence to charge him with ANYTHING. But they did do what normal prosecutors never do: They added an addendum basically saying that even though we couldn't prove it, we still think he's guilty. Under those circumstances, it would have been very difficult to push an election reform program.

However, the 45th President did frequently warn us of the dangers of unrestricted mail-in voting and dirty voter rolls. Those warnings were either ignored or, when mentioned, vilified by the MS Press. And the warnings were ignored, and mail-in voting was expanded greatly for the next election in a very arbitrary manner under the cover of Covid-19 by state 'leaders' without going through the proper legislative channels. However, the verification and authentication processes were, if anything, loosened. (As an example, reference the Georgia Consent Decree pushed by our President of the Earth, Stacey Abrams) All this has led to the chaos that occurred.

The 45th President, as you may recall, was very active in the days and weeks before the election, holding several campaign stops each day. He was not in his basement, like his opponent. So he probably had a good reason for voting absentee. And I'm sure he did it using the correct procedure.

Now, krox, you could have figured this out yourself. I do not put you in the same category as the e-bigots that have shown they have no interest in thinking outside the box into which they've confined themselves. I think you are capable of seeing the hypocrisy in some of the narratives you are exposed to. At least I hope so. I am not saying this with the mindset that I know everything. I know that I don't know what I don't know. But where I see obvious hypocrisy, I am skeptical.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20732
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Costanza Syndrome

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:30 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:07 am
However, the 45th President did frequently warn us of the dangers of unrestricted mail-in voting and dirty voter rolls. Those warnings were either ignored or, when mentioned, vilified by the MS Press.
Trump's "warnings" about mail-in voting were setting the stage for exactly what happened: him losing the election and then claiming fraud. And that has proven to be very lucrative for him. He raised $250 million in funds to contest the election results. Most of that money seems to have disappeared or wound up in various Trump properties and organizations. Good for him, not so good for the thousands of suckers that probably included you who believed him and contributed to the fund.

Despite all his warnings, there has been no credible evidence presented of systemic or widespread fraud in the 2020 elections. Every lawsuit was thrown out of court, many by Republican judges. Every claim has been debunked. The various recounts and audits and surveys haven't revealed any evidence of fraud. Yet still they persist.

A prime example is this True the Vote nonsense. They've produced no evidence other than claims about patterns of cell phone tracking and a handful of videos that have been investigated and debunked. But still they persist and still you believe them. It's been nine months since True the Vote first made these claims and nearly a month after the court's deadline for complying with the subpoenas and still they haven't produced a single thing.

As far as the supposed "Big Lie" about Russian interference in 2016, that interference was well documented. And Trump publicly asking for help is well documented. What wasn't proven to Mueller's satisfaction was a meeting of the minds sufficient to establish criminal conspiracy. You apparently don't know the difference between Russian interference and a conspiracy between Trump and Russia.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply