Prayers for Montana peeps

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Prayers for Montana peeps

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:49 am

Estonut wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:35 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:22 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:48 am
This aged well. Not only did Newsome not disclose his location, his location happens to be on the California travel ban list. Rules for thee.
The state-funded travel ban list. This was a personal vacation. Any evidence that he spent state funds?
Do you not find it hypocritical that he bans state-funded travel because of policies which he finds abhorrent, yet has no problem spending his own hard-earned money in such a horrible place?

Further, his staff refuses to answer the question regarding whether or not he has a state-funded security detail along with him, so you can bet the answer is "yes!"
Do you ever get tired of getting your facts wrong? Governor Newsom didn't ban a damn thing. The Legislature did, in a bill (AB 1887) signed into law by Governor Brown more than a year before Governor Newsom was elected. And it doesn't apply to his security detail.

"The travel prohibition applies to state agencies, departments, boards, authorities, and commissions, including an agency, department, board, authority, or commission of the University of California, the Board of Regents of the University of California, and the California State University. (Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (b).)"

The Governor's security detail doesn't fall within any of those categories.

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit your error. I don't remember you ever having done so on this Bored, so I don't expect this will be the first time. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

Re: Prayers for Montana peeps

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:12 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:49 am
Estonut wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:35 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:22 am
The state-funded travel ban list. This was a personal vacation. Any evidence that he spent state funds?
Do you not find it hypocritical that he bans state-funded travel because of policies which he finds abhorrent, yet has no problem spending his own hard-earned money in such a horrible place?

Further, his staff refuses to answer the question regarding whether or not he has a state-funded security detail along with him, so you can bet the answer is "yes!"
Do you ever get tired of getting your facts wrong? Governor Newsom didn't ban a damn thing. The Legislature did, in a bill (AB 1887) signed into law by Governor Brown more than a year before Governor Newsom was elected. And it doesn't apply to his security detail.

"The travel prohibition applies to state agencies, departments, boards, authorities, and commissions, including an agency, department, board, authority, or commission of the University of California, the Board of Regents of the University of California, and the California State University. (Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (b).)"

The Governor's security detail doesn't fall within any of those categories.

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit your error. I don't remember you ever having done so on this Bored, so I don't expect this will be the first time. --Bob
:lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire