The Hispanic Shift to the GOP Continues

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

The Hispanic Shift to the GOP Continues

#1 Post by Spock » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:53 am

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... ection.php

Something special is underway in south Texas.

The Republican candidate in yesterday's special flipped a Plus 33 Hillary county.

As the linked Tweet says"

The Hispanic shift to the GOP is the biggest story in American politics today.

silverscreenselect

Re: The Hispanic Shift to the GOP Continues

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:06 am

The Hispanic shift is real, although it remains to be seen how much that translates to the general election. Democrats took the Hispanic vote for granted in many areas in 2020, while Republicans went heavily after it. As far as this election is concerned, the Democratic candidate was only running in the special election because redistricting will have the Democratic Congressman in the adjacent district run against Flores in November. Democrats also spent very little on advertising, while Republicans sank over $1 million in ads. And you had the usual dropoff in voting in a special election (fewer than 30,000 total votes vs. 200,000 in 2020). That often favors Republicans as well.
Last edited by silverscreenselect on Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:09 am

Hmmm. Maybe that can be the solution to the southern border.....If the dems believe they're filling the country with republicans, maybe they'll realize we have a border to secure.
Build that wall!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

bazodee

#4 Post by bazodee » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:09 am
Hmmm. Maybe that can be the solution to the southern border.....If the dems believe they're filling the country with republicans, maybe they'll realize we have a border to secure.
Build that wall!
I won't go quite that far, but I strongly believe that Democrats have ignored the immigration problem at their peril. Among my cadre of middle-of-the-road friends, there's a strong sentiment for a much more restrictive border. Tone down the Trumpian rhetoric and there could even be a developing national consensus which would look a lot like a traditional Republic platform.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:20 pm

My first cousin Melinda's grandfather was Black. She's married to a Hispanic Texan. She's also a Trumpist. I guess that's what living in Texas can do.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:12 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:20 pm
My first cousin Melinda's grandfather was Black. She's married to a Hispanic Texan. She's also a Trumpist. I guess that's what living in Texas can do.
Actually, that's what being a useful idiot did to you.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:10 pm

Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:12 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
You’re being generous with your adjectives.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:53 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:10 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
You’re being generous with your adjectives.
No, the idiots on this bored are very useful. They comply with all propaganda they are exposed to, even when it defies logic, physics, common courtesy, or common sense. They are essential for the democrats.

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:52 am

Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:53 am
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:10 pm

You're being generous with your adjectives.
No, the idiots on this bored are very useful. They comply with all propaganda they are exposed to, even when it defies logic, physics, common courtesy, or common sense. They are essential for the democrats.
Gee, that's a great description of Trumpets.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.