In case you only watch CNN

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

In case you only watch CNN

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:26 am

Couldn't find this on CNN, but I did find an article from May where they say the FBI is looking for whomever set fire to an abortion clinic in Casper. So far notihing from the FBI on the below terroristic act and others, or the threats and protests outside conservative justices homes.

NY Governor offers increased protection to abortion clinics but not crisis pregancy centers that are under similar attacks and threats.

If the FBI (and this administration, along with its media partners) continue to turn a partisan eye away from such things we're in deep trouble.

Pro-Abortion Terrorists Firebomb Buffalo Pro-Life Pregnancy Center
Pro-abortion terrorists firebombed a pro-life Christian pregnancy center in Buffalo, N.Y. on Tuesday, inflicting significant damage on the building and vandalizing the remains with their organization’s name.

Pro-abortion group Jane’s Revenge, which has developed a reputation for resorting to violence, claimed responsibility for the attack, which left glass shattered and much of the interior of the CompassCare office burned and destroyed, CBN News reported.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

Re: In case you only watch CNN

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:22 am

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:26 am
Couldn't find this on CNN, but I did find an article from May where they say the FBI is looking for whomever set fire to an abortion clinic in Casper. So far notihing from the FBI on the below terroristic act and others, or the threats and protests outside conservative justices homes.

NY Governor offers increased protection to abortion clinics but not crisis pregancy centers that are under similar attacks and threats.

If the FBI (and this administration, along with its media partners) continue to turn a partisan eye away from such things we're in deep trouble.

Pro-abortion terrorists firebombed a pro-life Christian pregnancy center in Buffalo, N.Y. on Tuesday, inflicting significant damage on the building and vandalizing the remains with their organization’s name.

Pro-abortion group Jane’s Revenge, which has developed a reputation for resorting to violence, claimed responsibility for the attack, which left glass shattered and much of the interior of the CompassCare office burned and destroyed, CBN News reported.
I mentioned Jane's Revenge in another thread. I think the answer is the FBI is on the case, and they don't reveal details about their investigations. Unless it is about conservatives or republicans.

I understand none of the Sunday 'news' shows mentioned even a word about the attempted Kavanaugh assassination. I wonder why?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:37 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:22 am
BackInTex wrote:

I mentioned Jane's Revenge in another thread. I think the answer is the FBI is on the case, and they don't reveal details about their investigations. Unless it is about conservatives or republicans.

I understand none of the Sunday 'news' shows mentioned even a word about the attempted Kavanaugh assassination. I wonder why?
Oddest attempted assassination ever. The would-be "assassin" turned himself in and then waited for the cops to arrive and stop him. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:13 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:37 am
BackInTex wrote:

Oddest attempted assassination ever. The would-be "assassin" turned himself in and then waited for the cops to arrive and stop him. --Bob
Certainly not odder than an insurectionist casually walking through a building, sitting in a chair with his feet propt up on a desk taking selfies, not being armed, not attacking those he was accused of theratening.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:23 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

And meanwhile, Merrick Garland does nothing about the mobs intimidating Supreme Court Justices. Even though it's against federal law. That's OK. As long as it remains non-violent.
But what happens when it doesn't, bob? Will that somehow become Trump's fault? Or maybe Putin's? Is the FBI still investigating RUTHSENTUS? Why haven't they identified who leaked the document?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:47 am

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:23 am
Bob78164 wrote:

And meanwhile, Merrick Garland does nothing about the mobs intimidating Supreme Court Justices. Even though it's against federal law. That's OK. As long as it remains non-violent.
But what happens when it doesn't, bob? Will that somehow become Trump's fault? Or maybe Putin's? Is the FBI still investigating RUTHSENTUS? Why haven't they identified who leaked the document?
There are no "mobs intimidating Supreme Court Justices." (Unless you also count the protests on the steps of the Court every year on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.) And yes, protest is part and parcel of who we are as a country, as long as it remains non-violent.

The FBI probably hasn't investigated the leak of the draft opinion because (a) although an egregious breach of protocol, it wasn't actually illegal, and (b) because Chief Justice Roberts wants to handle the matter internally, so he's using the Court's own security personnel to conduct the investigation.

Why would you want the Executive Branch investigating a coordinate branch of government uninvited? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:47 am
Bob78164 wrote:
There are no "mobs intimidating Supreme Court Justices." (Unless you also count the protests on the steps of the Court every year on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.) And yes, protest is part and parcel of who we are as a country, as long as it remains non-violent.

The FBI probably hasn't investigated the leak of the draft opinion because (a) although an egregious breach of protocol, it wasn't actually illegal, and (b) because Chief Justice Roberts wants to handle the matter internally, so he's using the Court's own security personnel to conduct the investigation.

Why would you want the Executive Branch investigating a coordinate branch of government uninvited? --Bob
You must then be against the Jan 6th star chamber 'investigating' trump?

bob, really? Don't bother to ask yourself how the hell did the potential assassin know where Kavanaugh lived?
You must ONLY watch CNN to get your news.

I suppose this leaves you free now to organize a crowd to protest in front of any judge you are arguing a case before if you think they will rule against you.

https://prescottenews.com/index.php/202 ... aul-gosar/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pro-c ... ar-AAYhoPU

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... ar-AAYiH1S

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aborti ... reme-court

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:47 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:01 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

bob, really? Don't bother to ask yourself how the hell did the potential assassin know where Kavanaugh lived?

I suppose this leaves you free now to organize a crowd to protest in front of any judge you are arguing a case before if you think they will rule against you.

His account (which I read in either the New York Times or the Washington Post, I don't remember which, is that he combined news coverage with images from Google Maps to figure out where Justice Kavanaugh lives.

As a lawyer, I have specific responsibilities with respect to cases in which I'm involved, which may place limits on my right to organize an extrajudicial protest. But non-violent protest is core political speech when we're talking about people who aren't appearing before the court. Only an authoritarian would oppose it.

And there are no separation-of-powers concerns with respect to the January 6 hearings, because (among other reasons) (a) the Executive Branch supports the inquiry and is cooperating with it, and (b) the Constitution provides for Congressional oversight of the Executive Branch.

I wish I could say I find it remarkable that even after hearing Donny's loyalists acknowledge that the fraud story was and always has been bullshit, and that Donny knew it, you still can't admit that this was a violent attempt to interfere with the transfer of power. Sadly, like far too many Republicans, you simply can't acknowledge that Donny's a loser. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:57 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:47 pm
Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:01 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

His account (which I read in either the New York Times or the Washington Post, I don't remember which, is that he combined news coverage with images from Google Maps to figure out where Justice Kavanaugh lives.

As a lawyer, I have specific responsibilities with respect to cases in which I'm involved, which may place limits on my right to organize an extrajudicial protest. But non-violent protest is core political speech when we're talking about people who aren't appearing before the court. Only an authoritarian would oppose it.

And there are no separation-of-powers concerns with respect to the January 6 hearings, because (among other reasons) (a) the Executive Branch supports the inquiry and is cooperating with it, and (b) the Constitution provides for Congressional oversight of the Executive Branch.

I wish I could say I find it remarkable that even after hearing Donny's loyalists acknowledge that the fraud story was and always has been bullshit, and that Donny knew it, you still can't admit that this was a violent attempt to interfere with the transfer of power. Sadly, like far too many Republicans, you simply can't acknowledge that Donny's a loser. --Bob
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1507

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:19 pm

And meanwhile, Merrick Garland does nothing about the mobs intimidating Supreme Court Justices.
Here's what Flock considers a "mob." There were more cops defending the house than protestors outside.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:19 pm
And meanwhile, Merrick Garland does nothing about the mobs intimidating Supreme Court Justices.
Here's what Flock considers a "mob." There were more cops defending the house than protestors outside.

It only takes one crazy ass, right?
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:09 pm

14,000 people had been arrested.[4][38][39] By November 2020, 25 people had died in relation to the unrest. A report from the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project estimated that between May 26 and August 22, 93% of individual protests were "peaceful and nondestructive"[40][41] and research from the Nonviolent Action Lab and Crowd Counting Consortium estimated that by the end of June, 96.3% of 7,305 demonstrations involved no injuries and no property damage.[42] However, arson, vandalism, and looting that occurred between May 26 and June 8 caused approximately $1–2 billion in damages nationally, the highest recorded damage from civil disorder in U.S. history, and surpassing the record set during the 1992 Los Angeles riots.[6][43]
Well, then

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:25 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:09 pm
14,000 people had been arrested.[4][38][39] By November 2020, 25 people had died in relation to the unrest. A report from the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project estimated that between May 26 and August 22, 93% of individual protests were "peaceful and nondestructive"[40][41] and research from the Nonviolent Action Lab and Crowd Counting Consortium estimated that by the end of June, 96.3% of 7,305 demonstrations involved no injuries and no property damage.[42] However, arson, vandalism, and looting that occurred between May 26 and June 8 caused approximately $1–2 billion in damages nationally, the highest recorded damage from civil disorder in U.S. history, and surpassing the record set during the 1992 Los Angeles riots.[6][43]
You should have said you quoted from this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:31 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:25 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
You should have said you quoted from this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests
Why? Certain people can't bring themselves to research stuff on their own. So, refute it. Lawyers and such. Not that hard.
Well, then

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:51 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Mr. GoogleIt, you should take your own advice.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:51 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Mr. GoogleIt, you should take your own advice.
I cite my sources when I have one. Sometimes I receive something with no source.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:06 pm

It is illegal. Why are THEY allowed to do it?

And they ARE a mob. The same kind of people who are blockading the streets by the Supreme Court. They are attempting to intimidate an officer of the court, and with the BLESSING of the Biden administration and the lapdog media.

These people should all be arrested and if not jailed, they should be at least fined for public nuisance on behalf of the neighborhood.

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:09 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:31 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

And they ARE a mob. The same kind of people who are blockading the streets by the Supreme Court. They are attempting to intimidate an officer of the court, and with the BLESSING of the Biden administration and the lapdog media.

These people should all be arrested and if not jailed, they should be at least fined for public nuisance on behalf of the neighborhood.
First, let's look at the definition of "mob" from Merriam-Webster: "a large and disorderly crowd of people, especially : one bent on riotous or destructive action." These people don't look large in number, disorderly, or bent on riotous or destructive action.

As far as the illegality of their actions under federal law, the statute requires the intent of "interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge..." That means that a prosecutor must prove that their actions in this case were intended to influence Justice Kavanaugh's decision as opposed to a general protest on the issue of abortion. And that would be very hard to prove with this group of people.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:15 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:09 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

First, let's look at the definition of "mob" from Merriam-Webster: "a large and disorderly crowd of people, especially : one bent on riotous or destructive action." These people don't look large in number, disorderly, or bent on riotous or destructive action.

As far as the illegality of their actions under federal law, the statute requires the intent of "interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge..." That means that a prosecutor must prove that their actions in this case were intended to influence Justice Kavanaugh's decision as opposed to a general protest on the issue of abortion. And that would be very hard to prove with this group of people.
Obviously the same telepathic powers that allow Flock to know that Donny was only joking when he explicitly asked Russia to interfere in our elections and that none of the annual demonstrations outside the Court on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade were made with the requisite criminal intent also allow him to know that this particular group of protestors did have the requisite criminal intent. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:39 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:15 pm

Obviously the same telepathic powers that allow Flock to know that Donny was only joking when he explicitly asked Russia to interfere in our elections and that none of the annual demonstrations outside the Court on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade were made with the requisite criminal intent also allow him to know that this particular group of protestors did have the requisite criminal intent. --Bob
Of course, bob. I think we can presume that this particular mob is MOSTLY PEACEFUL, even though their mere presence at the residence of the judge is illegal.

Let's just see how mostly peaceful the mobs will be if the decision comes down and they disagree with it. My feeling is it will make the George Floyd riots look like a walk in the park. But that's alright by you, isn't it?
Far-left extremists and the heinous acts they commit seem to be encouraged or at least tolerated by even the most moderate of liberals. Remember how covid wasn't a factor in the BLM riots because their 'cause' was just?

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:55 am

By the way, Flock, because I know you refused to watch Democratic activists like Bill Barr and Bill Stepien talk about Trump's knowledge of how bogus the election fraud claims were, you might be more interested in the $250 million in contributions to the "Official Election Defense Fund," an organization whose only purpose wasn't contesting the election but siphoning money off to various Trump interests.

How much money did you donate, Flock?

Of course, it doesn't matter how much Trump grifts from useful idiots like you because he knew how to stand up to Putin.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:34 am

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:39 am
Bob78164 wrote:
First, let's look at the definition of "mob" fromMerriam-Webster: "a large and disorderly crowd of people, especially : one bent on riotous or destructive action." These people don't look large in number, disorderly, or bent on riotous or destructive action.

Of course, bob. I think we can presume that this particular mob is MOSTLY PEACEFUL, even though their mere presence at the residence of the judge is illegal.

Let's just see how mostly peaceful the mobs will be if the decision comes down and they disagree with it. My feeling is it will make the George Floyd riots look like a walk in the park. But that's alright by you, isn't it?
Far-left extremists and the heinous acts they commit seem to be encouraged or at least tolerated by even the most moderate of liberals. Remember how covid wasn't a factor in the BLM riots because their 'cause' was just?
Where the hell was this outrage when an armed mob descended on the Michigan Legislature because it was pissed off about masks? Where the hell was this outrage when Donny unleashed an armed mob that ACTUALLY INVADED Congress to interfere with the transfer of power that the voters had determined?

You don't give a shit about actual violence, as long as that violence serves political ends that you prefer. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:07 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:34 am
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:39 am
Bob78164 wrote:

Where the hell was this outrage when an armed mob descended on the Michigan Legislature because it was pissed off about masks? Where the hell was this outrage when Donny unleashed an armed mob that ACTUALLY INVADED Congress to interfere with the transfer of power that the voters had determined?

You don't give a shit about actual violence, as long as that violence serves the political ends that you prefer. --Bob
Whataboutism at it's finest.

For the record, bob, I AM outraged at what happened on Jan 6th, and I have said so. Those who broke in and did damage should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In a COURT OF LAW, not the media. But I am also outraged in the way your democrat party has used this event to create a star chamber to advance their political objectives.

The reason all those people gathered in DC that day was because most of them believed there were problems with the way the election was handled. No one in an official position has examined any evidence. They just go with the UNSUPPORTED claim that it was 'the most secure election' ever held. BASED ON WHAT? Their word? These claims and evidence supporting them need to be investigated, not just thrown out because they are politically dangerous.

That is not to excuse the actions of a few hundred people. Those people who broke through the barricades, who initially entered the building, and who caused damage or violence that day should be prosecuted. Including the man who shot and killed Ashley Babbit, who was unarmed. One guy who was prosecuted had his case dismissed when it was shown the Capitol Police basically LET HIM IN. Any prosecution should be decided in court, and PROMPTLY. It has been 1 and half years, and I understand there are STILL people being held in jail. That is outrageous, too.

So I may fairly point out I saw no outrage from you when buildings were being burned, businesses looted and people killed during the BLM riots last year (in 2020 actually). But we've come to expect blatant hypocrisy from you, bob.

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:06 pm

Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:07 am
The reason all those people gathered in DC that day was because most of them believed there were problems with the way the election was handled. No one in an official position has examined any evidence. They just go with the UNSUPPORTED claim that it was 'the most secure election' ever held. BASED ON WHAT? Their word? These claims and evidence supporting them need to be investigated, not just thrown out because they are politically dangerous.
They believed the election was rigged because Donald Trump told them it was rigged even though every one of his advisers, including his attorney general, told him there was no substance to those claims. They brought 60 lawsuits and lost every single one, because there was no evidence of systemic fraud or vote rigging. They examined ballots in Georgia and even had a bogus audit in Arizona and they couldn't find any evidence of fraud.

And no one is ever going to be able to disprove the possibility of fraud to the satisfaction of people like you. I'm hoping you'll wise up when you see that True the Vote has snookered you the same way Trump snookered you, but you're probably too much in the tank for him.

For Republicans in the Trump era, rigged election means any election they don't win.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#25 Post by Estonut » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:45 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:34 am
Where the hell was this outrage when Donny unleashed an armed mob that ACTUALLY INVADED Congress to interfere with the transfer of power that the voters had determined?
Stop it with your "armed mob" bullshit! No one brought any actual arms. They picked up poles, posts, whatever. Constantly calling them an "armed mob" gives the impression that they were armed with guns while you know that is not true. Both the Congressional Baseball Game shooter alone and the intended assassin of Judge Kavanaugh alone were far better armed and well-planned than this "mob."

By your definition, the non-mobs ACTUALLY INVADING the neighborhoods of Supreme Court Justices to interfere with the judicial process are armed, too. Just that their "arms" are pre-meditated, not incidental.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx