Back from Virginia

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

Back from Virginia

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon May 23, 2022 7:48 pm

An eventful ten days with Javon, Kira, and Kobe. I was the guest speaker at their church on Wednesday. I played a few eurogames with Javon and some of his gaming buddies.

And, oh yeah, there was that one little matter of college graduation. So he finally broke the good news to April and me, the news that he had been keeping secret from us for a while. He was accepted into Columbia Law School. They'll be moving to New York in a few weeks.

And it will definitely be "they". Even though Kira will not move on to post-grad studies, she will move on to full-time member of my family. Javon popped "the question" to her during my visit... and she accepted his proposal. No wedding date has been set yet, but they're thinking about some time next summer. I certainly can't wait to take my first ever trip to the Big Apple.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I have to thank my cousin Cameron for being gracious enough to house-sit and keep tabs on my younger children for the past ten nights. Not only that but my birthday present was waiting for me on the dining room table. Cam informed me that UPS stopped by last week to deliver the package that I had been waiting on: my copy of the hot new board game Ark Nova. A gaming buddy of mine got his hands on a prototype of this game from EssenSpiel back in October. I played the prototype with him and couple of other guys when I linked up with them in February... and I was immediately impressed with the theme and mechanics. I pre-ordered a copy of the game that night... but I had to wait a long time because the English version of the game wouldn't be available to American customers until April 30th. And since several hundred other Americans were ahead of me in the pre-order queue, I had to wait until May 9th for the email that my copy had been shipped.

As much as I would love to tear open the shrink-wrap of the game box and sort through all of the game components, I am dead ass tired from the trip back home.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)