Bullshit

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Bullshit

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sun May 22, 2022 8:03 pm

I've been binge-watching a game show on Netflix. It's listed as Bullsh*t The Gameshow.

For whatever reason, I had never heard of it before. No social network posts, no casting email, nothing.

I love the concept. Think of it as WWTBAM with the person in the hot seat explaining why their answer is right, even after being shown the correct answer. If they are right, then they move up the money tree. Then three contestants vote if the answer given is true or bullshit. If one of the three is wrong, the hot seater moves up. Some of the big money winners have been right only a few times. The top prize is $1,000,000.

They taped just ten shows, and there's no word about a second season.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-revi ... w-1347413/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Bullshit

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:36 am

How strange. I'm reading a 2018 novel by Anne Tyler, Clock Dance, in which folks are playing that game. Only it was originally called I Doubt It, and the main character was a bit nonplussed about "bullshit" etc.

I had never heard of the game before and now it's a thing!
Well, then

Ritterskoop

Re: Bullshit

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon May 23, 2022 10:05 am

I saw a mention of Howie Mandel as the host, and it seemed like a good fit.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.