What's your gas price?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
wbtravis007

Re: What's your gas price?

#26 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:26 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:26 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:14 am
Wed May 18, 2022 7:24 am
Kinda intended that way. But one of us wanted to push a button.
Riiiight.
So I guess that's one more thing we can't talk about? Don't pretend to be off to the side, wb. I am pretty confident that if gas prices doubled say, 2 years ago, you and your comrades would be going apeshit right now. Is that not correct, wb?
Actually, I’m not so ignorant about energy markets that I would have done that. Or, frankly, so stupid.

Don’t know about how anyone else here might have reacted, though. They can speak for themselves.

wbtravis007

#27 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:30 am

Wed May 18, 2022 9:13 am
BackInTex wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:05 am
Wed May 18, 2022 8:26 am

So I guess that's one more thing we can't talk about? Don't pretend to be off to the side, wb. I am pretty confident that if gas prices doubled say, 2 years ago, you and your comrades would be going apeshit right now. Is that not correct, wb?
They went apeshit. They didn’t need an excuse.
I imagine we would have been told that the doubling of gas prices was a white supremacist project because it affected people of color disproportionately.
Don't you think, wb?
I’m still amazed that it’s so obvious that you actually think that you’re funny here. Not nerdy.

Now that amuses me.

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:33 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:30 am
BackInTex wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:05 am

They went apeshit. They didn’t need an excuse.
I imagine we would have been told that the doubling of gas prices was a white supremacist project because it affected people of color disproportionately.
Don't you think, wb?
I’m still amazed that it’s so obvious that you actually think that you’re funny here. Not nerdy.

Now that amuses me.
You think I was trying to be funny?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

wbtravis007

#29 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:38 am

Wed May 18, 2022 11:33 am
wbtravis007 wrote:

Don't you think, wb?

Now that amuses me.
Or clever.

Just incredibly goosey, though.

But maybe your imaginary friends that you’re hoping might “share” their thoughts after watching that movie, at your urging, are getting a big kick out of you.

After all, you’re not the only nerd in the world. Just one of the biggest.

flockofseagulls104

#30 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:58 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:38 am
wbtravis007 wrote:

Now that amuses me.
Or clever.

But maybe your imaginary friends that you’re hoping might “share” their thoughts after watching that movie, at your urging, are getting a big kick out of you.

Interesting, tho, that nobody has even said they have seen it. Just wondering what they're all afraid of, or if they just are told not to watch it because of this or that, and just do what they're told.....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:12 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

Now that amuses me.
Or clever.

Obviously, you have no interest in discussing the validity of any of the points I made, which is why you decided to make it a personal attack on me, right? How clever of you.

tlynn78

#32 Post by tlynn78 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:42 pm

$4.19-4.49 here, depending on location.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

wbtravis007

#33 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:14 pm

Wed May 18, 2022 12:12 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Or clever.

Obviously, you have no interest in discussing the validity of any of the points I made, which is why you decided to make it a personal attack on me, right? How clever of you.
That would be a waste of my time.

Not saying necessarily that my time is all that valuable.

But still.

flockofseagulls104

#34 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:47 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:14 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Or clever.

But still.
Yeah. That's the same thing what bob says when he doesn't have an answer or doesn't want to think about the points made. The stalker just goes all-in on jabbing at me with some stupid remark. How come you never go after him for his 'attempts' at being clever? He's got a lot bigger volume of work in that vein than I have, does not worry about being redundant or repetitive, and really isn't very clever or humorous in his insults, in my opinion.

wbtravis007

#35 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:16 pm

Wed May 18, 2022 1:47 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

But still.
Yeah. That's the same thing what bob says when he doesn't have an answer or doesn't want to think about the points made. The stalker just goes all-in on jabbing at me with some stupid remark. How come you never go after him for his 'attempts' at being clever? He's got a lot bigger volume of work in that vein than I have, does not worry about being redundant or repetitive, and really isn't very clever or humorous in his insults, in my opinion.

Poor thaing.

I just see them carving you up time after time and you whining about it and just coming back for more.

Just a different perspective. Thank goodness.

If you ever do seek help, as I’ve suggested, just direct your therapist to this board. Maybe that would save y’all a lot of time.

Have you ever looked back at your posts here? I think they are very revealing, collectively.

flockofseagulls104

#36 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:19 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:16 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

But still.

Poor thaing.

I just see them carving you up time after time and you whining about it and just coming back for more.

If you ever do seek help, as I’ve suggested, just direct your therapist to this board. Maybe that would save y’all a lot of time.

Have you ever looked back at your posts here? I think they are very revealing, collectively.
Oh dear. I'm soooo hurt.
I think I'll go watch another episode of Sean Hannity to cheer me up. Or think about the crush I have on you.

wbtravis007

#37 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:21 pm

Wed May 18, 2022 2:19 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Poor thaing.

Oh dear. I'm soooo hurt.
I think I'll go watch another episode of Sean Hannity to cheer me up. Or think about the crush I have on you.
Just your signature here — or whatever you call it — says a lot.

flockofseagulls104

#38 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:26 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:21 pm
Wed May 18, 2022 2:19 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Poor thaing.

Oh dear. I'm soooo hurt.
Just your signature here — or whatever you call it — says a lot.
Yup, I added a new title today. All the various designations given to me by e-bigots on this bored for giving my perspective on issues that apparently didn't go down well with them. I only memorialize the best ones. This is, I think, the first time you've made the list, wb. And you can see how much it upsets me.

wbtravis007

#39 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:30 pm

And don’t forget to mention to him or her all of pledges you’ve made here that you re-negged on. Starting with the one about Rush.

There have been quite a few, of course.

Total lack of intellectual discipline.

I’ll repeat again my advice: 1) strive for sufferability; and 2) introspect.

And, of course, seek help.

flockofseagulls104

#40 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:36 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:30 pm
And don’t forget to mention to him or her all of pledges you’ve made here that you re-negged on. Starting with the one about Rush.

Who is the him or her you are referring to? Are you having an episode or something?

wbtravis007

#41 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:44 pm

Wed May 18, 2022 2:36 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Who is the him or her you are referring to? Are you having an episode or something?
Never mind.

I’ve given you my advice.

I’m not gonna worry my pretty little head about you beyond that.

flockofseagulls104

#42 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:55 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:44 pm
Wed May 18, 2022 2:36 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Never mind.

I’ve given you my advice.

I’m not gonna worry my pretty little head about you beyond that.
Oh, yeah, my rhetorical, clever comeback strawman (or woman) therapist.
No problem. Please don't worry about me. I think you probly have a lot more important things to think about, what with your intellectual discipline and all. Don't spend any more time on me, for goodness sakes. Put all your time into enlightening us with your intellect.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#43 Post by Estonut » Thu May 19, 2022 3:45 am

$6.35 in Garden Grove, CA a few days ago.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#44 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:05 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 3:45 am
$6.35 in Garden Grove, CA a few days ago.
:shock: :roll: :cry:

Bob Juch

#45 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 20, 2022 8:25 am

House passes bill targeting alleged price gouging amid high gas prices

(CNN)The House has voted 217-207 to pass a bill that gives the Federal Trade Commission the authority to investigate energy companies for alleged price gouging as prices at gas pumps nationwide hit record highs.

The vote was largely down party lines with four Democrats, Reps. Kathleen Rice of New York, Stephanie Murphy of Florida, Jared Golden of Maine and Lizzie Fletcher of Texas joining all the Republicans in voting no.
The bill, sponsored by Rep. Katie Porter of California and Rep. Kim Schrier of Washington, gives the President the power to issue a declaration making it unlawful for energy companies to increase prices that are "unconsciously excessive", and authorizes the FTC to enforce those violating the act.

Murphy, who is not running for reelection, criticized the bill saying the measure "could further reduce supply."
"At best, this bill is a distraction that won't actually address the problem," she said in a statement. "At worst, it could make the problem more severe."

House Republicans urged their members to vote against the measure, with House GOP Whip Steve Scalise writing to Republican members that the bill "is an attempt by the Majority to distract and shift blame from the administration's self-inflicted energy and inflation crisis and blame energy producers, despite no evidence of price gouging."

The bill now goes to the Senate, where it is unlikely to garner the 60 votes necessary to overcome a GOP filibuster.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#46 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:46 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:25 am
House passes bill targeting alleged price gouging amid high gas prices

(CNN)The House has voted 217-207 to pass a bill that gives the Federal Trade Commission the authority to investigate energy companies for alleged price gouging as prices at gas pumps nationwide hit record highs.

The vote was largely down party lines with four Democrats, Reps. Kathleen Rice of New York, Stephanie Murphy of Florida, Jared Golden of Maine and Lizzie Fletcher of Texas joining all the Republicans in voting no.
The bill, sponsored by Rep. Katie Porter of California and Rep. Kim Schrier of Washington, gives the President the power to issue a declaration making it unlawful for energy companies to increase prices that are "unconsciously excessive", and authorizes the FTC to enforce those violating the act.

Murphy, who is not running for reelection, criticized the bill saying the measure "could further reduce supply."
"At best, this bill is a distraction that won't actually address the problem," she said in a statement. "At worst, it could make the problem more severe."

House Republicans urged their members to vote against the measure, with House GOP Whip Steve Scalise writing to Republican members that the bill "is an attempt by the Majority to distract and shift blame from the administration's self-inflicted energy and inflation crisis and blame energy producers, despite no evidence of price gouging."

The bill now goes to the Senate, where it is unlikely to garner the 60 votes necessary to overcome a GOP filibuster.
I thought the problem was Putin. no wait, Ultramaga people.... No, covid19..., no trump. So we now know it's price gouging. Those damn greedy oil companies. Good thing we have Nancy Pelosi's gang to protect us.

silverscreenselect

#47 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 20, 2022 8:58 am

Fri May 20, 2022 8:46 am
I thought the problem was Putin. no wait, Ultramaga people.... No, covid19..., no trump. So we now know it's price gouging. Those damn greedy oil companies. Good thing we have Nancy Pelosi's gang to protect us.
Gas prices are soaring around the world, and the reasons are the same. Increased demand (after two years of reduced travel due to COVID) and increases in speculative energy trading. More recently, supply disruptions due to the Ukraine War haven't helped either. The U.S. can't control many of those worldwide conditions, but we are trying to take what action we can to address pricing factors specific to the United States. Similarly, the rate of inflation in all Western countries has gone up substantially in the last year.

As opposed to Republicans, whose only response is to blame Biden.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#48 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 20, 2022 9:52 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#49 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:38 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:52 am
Nice picture, BJ.
But I think I just got scolded for implying the President has anything to do with the price of gasoline.
So it looks like you are blaming Bush for high gas prices, but Biden has made wonderful policy decisions, and it's just bad luck and the fault of some new entity every other day that the price of gas is higher than it has ever been in this country.

Bob Juch

#50 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm

Fri May 20, 2022 1:38 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:52 am
Nice picture, BJ.
But I think I just got scolded for implying the President has anything to do with the price of gasoline.
So it looks like you are blaming Bush for high gas prices, but Biden has made wonderful policy decisions, and it's just bad luck and the fault of some new entity every other day that the price of gas is higher than it has ever been in this country.
No, I'm saying the President has nothing to do with it. If you take inflation into account, it's not the highest gas has ever been. The high prices are due to corporate greed. Oil prices are falling.

Why did the Republicans all vote against investigating price gouging? Is it because they want to blame Biden?