Another day, another milestone

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20626
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Another day, another milestone

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:10 pm

I’ve been a proud father for as long as I’ve been a father. Today, however, marks a boundary. From this day forward, I am the proud father of a college graduate.

Congratulations, Sparky, on earning your degree. I had a great time seeing it happen. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12837
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Another day, another milestone

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat May 14, 2022 10:37 am

Congrats!
Well, then

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11806
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Another day, another milestone

#3 Post by BackInTex » Sat May 14, 2022 1:53 pm

Wow! That seemed quick.

Congrats to both Sparky and you.


What are his plans? More school, go to work close to Dad or not so close?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20626
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Another day, another milestone

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:13 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:53 pm
Wow! That seemed quick.

Congrats to both Sparky and you.


What are his plans? More school, go to work close to Dad or not so close?
He’s job-hunting. He’s hoping to find a job he can perform remotely, in which case he wants to stay in Rochester. He’s looking for coding jobs so that goal may be realistic. But he’ll take a job wherever he can find one.

For the moment, he’ll drive back to Seattle with his mother. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

wbtravis007
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Another day, another milestone

#5 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:48 pm

Glad to hear. That’s a big day. Happy for all of y’all.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24870
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Another day, another milestone

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 3:13 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:53 pm
Wow! That seemed quick.

Congrats to both Sparky and you.


What are his plans? More school, go to work close to Dad or not so close?
He’s job-hunting. He’s hoping to find a job he can perform remotely, in which case he wants to stay in Rochester. He’s looking for coding jobs so that goal may be realistic. But he’ll take a job wherever he can find one.

For the moment, he’ll drive back to Seattle with his mother. —Bob
What languages does he know?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20476
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Another day, another milestone

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat May 14, 2022 10:47 pm

Congratulations Bob to you and your son.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20626
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Another day, another milestone

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Sat May 14, 2022 10:50 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 3:13 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:53 pm
Wow! That seemed quick.

Congrats to both Sparky and you.


What are his plans? More school, go to work close to Dad or not so close?
He’s job-hunting. He’s hoping to find a job he can perform remotely, in which case he wants to stay in Rochester. He’s looking for coding jobs so that goal may be realistic. But he’ll take a job wherever he can find one.

For the moment, he’ll drive back to Seattle with his mother. —Bob
What languages does he know?
I don’t know. He didn’t become interested in coding until he got to college, though, so whatever he learned, he picked up at school.

One of his first projects was to use machine learning to build a goal horn that triggered only when he yelled “Goal!” in an excited tone of voice. People who know more about the field than I do tell me this was an impressive feat that demonstrates real skills. I don’t have the background to judge for myself. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 5793
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: Another day, another milestone

#9 Post by Vandal » Sun May 15, 2022 6:54 am

Way to go, Sparky!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

User avatar
thguy65
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Re: Another day, another milestone

#10 Post by thguy65 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:36 pm

Huzzah to Sparky!

- Tim H.

Post Reply