Welcome to Animal Farm 1984

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Welcome to Animal Farm 1984

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:45 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:32 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:27 am
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:17 am
Well, we could train certain malleable children to be informers. They can report any of the other children who are passing along unacceptable sexual information and we can send those kids, probably along with their older siblings and possibly their parents as well,to re-education camps.Maybe they'll come back, maybe not.
That's a proven method for handling these kinds of problems in the utopian cultures bob would like America to be.
That's the next step in Florida.
No, BJ. That will be fully under the control of the Ministry of Truth. It will take a little time, but the Ministry will grow in its power and influence, just as every department and program created in Washington DC has. If you had any brain to think with, you'd realize that what FL is doing is the exact opposite.
Florida is effectively offering bounties to informers. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#27 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:07 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:45 am
Bob Juch wrote:
No, BJ. That will be fully under the control of the Ministry of Truth. It will take a little time, but the Ministry will grow in its power and influence, just as every department and program created in Washington DC has. If you had any brain to think with, you'd realize that what FL is doing is the exact opposite.
It is a check on over-reaching government, bob. It allows citizens recourse against the local or state government in these cases, which otherwise, they would not have.

Surely you can see the difference. But probably not.

And it wouldn't have been necessary except for the clandestine indoctrination that has been taking place for years, and was discovered by parents as a result of distance learning.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:23 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:45 am
Bob Juch wrote:
And, I notice, you come right in with a new direction, not even attempting to tackle the 'utopia' issue that's been pretty much addressed to you.
Do you really think, bob, that we can ever actually achieve a society where everyone is 'equal'? Define what your narrative calls 'EQUALITY'. Where every single person agrees on every single issue?

Here's one example:

There are some people on your side of the fence that are pushing the artificial construct 'Birthing Persons' with the idea that it is somehow wrong to think that only biological females can give birth to children.
No matter what arguments you give me, no matter what you say, I will never agree to that. NEVER. What are you going to have to do to get that construct accepted by society? Eliminate me?

And that's just one issue and just me. Every frickin person on this earth is an individual. They are uniquely different from every other person on earth, with their own thoughts, opinions, values. It seems that you, the leftists and the democrat party don't accept that anymore. They want everyone to be in some group or other. Our country was founded, uniquely at that time, on the idea of individual God-given rights. When did your party stop believing in that?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#29 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:24 pm

Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:23 am
Every frickin person on this earth is an individual. They are uniquely different from every other person on earth, with their own thoughts, opinions, values. It seems that you, the leftists and the democrat party don't accept that anymore.
What you don't accept is that discrimination still exists and that just because there are no signs saying "colored water fountain," that minorities face substantial disparities in getting jobs, loans, arrested, convicted, and virtually every other aspect of their lives because of their race or ethnicity.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#30 Post by Spock » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:21 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:24 pm
Every frickin person on this earth is an individual. They are uniquely different from every other person on earth, with their own thoughts, opinions, values. It seems that you, the leftists and the democrat party don't accept that anymore.
What you don't accept is that discrimination still exists and that just because there are no signs saying "colored water fountain," that minorities face substantial disparities in getting jobs, loans, arrested, convicted, and virtually every other aspect of their lives because of their race or ethnicity.
And yet no explanations of how your Utopian visions don't end up with mass graves.

Oh, and BTW-SSS, you learned about sex the right way-Prove me wrong.

SSS>>"SSS>>>"but I "learned" about sex and "queers" from the other kids in school as we passed around stories, many of which were handed down from older brothers and sisters along with dirty pictures."<<<<

flockofseagulls104

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:11 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:21 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:24 pm
And yet no explanations of how your Utopian visions don't end up with mass graves.

Oh, and BTW-SSS, you learned about sex the right way-Prove me wrong.

SSS>>"SSS>>>"but I "learned" about sex and "queers" from the other kids in school as we passed around stories, many of which were handed down from older brothers and sisters along with dirty pictures."<<<<
While I know it's pointless to respond to my stalker, I have nowhere and at no time said that 'discrimination' doesn't exist. That is one of the things that makes it pointless to respond. They don't comprehend anything that is said. they just keep going back and cling to their same old tiresome stereotypes.

So I am going to ask the question again: When and what will have to happen for us as a culture to be able to say racism is ended? When can we start treating individual acts of racism as the exceptions and deal with them as they occur, instead of assuming everyone and everything has a racial bigotry element to it?

Answer the question, don't keep coming up with anecdotes that you think 'prove' your position. And, if by some miracle, the stalker actually comes up with a response that is relevant to the question I just asked, someone can quote it so I can see it. Otherwise, I don't give a shit.

Spock

#32 Post by Spock » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:23 pm

In our rural (conservative? country area, one of the 6th Grade teachers (in the 70's and 80's and 90's and maybe before?) was widely known to be a "Queer" (in SSS's choice of words)-nobody did anything to him and he just lived his life.

I suppose that SSS and the Bobs would have preferred that he had taught us about his specific sexual practices. Never too soon for a pre-teen to learn about things like "Fisting' from a trusted adult.

He was an old school disciplinarian and believed in corporal punishment (spanking the kids) which may or may not be disturbing.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#33 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:07 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:23 pm
In our rural (conservative? country area, one of the 6th Grade teachers (in the 70's and 80's and 90's and maybe before?) was widely known to be a "Queer" (in SSS's choice of words)-nobody did anything to him and he just lived his life.

I suppose that SSS and the Bobs would have preferred that he had taught us about his specific sexual practices. Never too soon for a pre-teen to learn about things like "Fisting' from a trusted adult.

He was an old school disciplinarian and believed in corporal punishment (spanking the kids) which may or may not be disturbing.
That would be about as appropriate as a teacher teaching kids the details of specific practices common among heterosexual sexually active couples. Which is why it pretty much never happens, and no one is advocating that it should.

What we're talking about is teaching kids that some boys and girls find themselves liking girls, some boys and girls find themselves liking boys, and some boys and girls find themselves liking both, and any of those things are okay. Which would be a helluva lot different from the atmosphere I grew up in through high school, where calling someone "queer" was an attempt to shame or embarrass him (it was usually a boy). --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#34 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:07 pm
Spock wrote:

That would be about as appropriate as a teacher teaching kids the details of specific practices common among heterosexual sexually active couples. Which is why it pretty much never happens, and no one is advocating that it should.

What we're talking about is teaching kids that some boys and girls find themselves liking girls, some boys and girls find themselves liking boys, and some boys and girls find themselves liking both, and any of those things are okay. Which would be a helluva lot different from the atmosphere I grew up in through high school, where calling someone "queer" was an attempt to shame or embarrass him (it was usually a boy). --Bob
Parents should teach that, bob. Not teachers. Not the school. Not the state. And not to 2nd graders. CAN YOU NOT GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#35 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:26 pm

Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:13 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:

Parents should teach that, bob. Not teachers. Not the school. Not the state. And not to 2nd graders. CAN YOU NOT GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL?
And absolutely nothing any school anywhere could ever do will stop parents from teaching that, if they want to.

The problem arises with parents who want to teach their kids that boys liking boys or girls liking girls IS something to be ashamed of, of something kids should be embarrassed about. There's nothing to stop those parents from at least trying to pass along their views, but I don't think they should get a clear field to do so. Particularly if their kids are using those lessons as an excuse to attempt to shame or embarrass their classmates.

Second-graders are plenty old enough to know that some kids have two moms or two dads, just as they know that other kids have a mom and a dad, or just a mom, or just a dad. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#36 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:26 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

And absolutely nothing any school anywhere could ever do will stop parents from teaching that, if they want to.

The problem arises with parents who want to teach their kids that boys liking boys or girls liking girls IS something to be ashamed of, of something kids should be embarrassed about. There's nothing to stop those parents from at least trying to pass along their views, but I don't think they should get a clear field to do so. Particularly if their kids are using those lessons as an excuse to attempt to shame or embarrass their classmates.

Second-graders are plenty old enough to know that some kids have two moms or two dads, just as they know that other kids have a mom and a dad, or just a mom, or just a dad. --Bob
Yes, you ARE a waste of time. It's like debating a pull string puppet. Pissing in the wind.
People like you are exactly why these laws like FL passed are needed. And they need to be prosecuted.

silverscreenselect

#37 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:51 pm
Yes, you ARE a waste of time. It's like debating a pull string puppet. Pissing in the wind.
People like you are exactly why these laws like FL passed are needed. And they need to be prosecuted.
It's ironic that Flock, the biggest puppet on this Bored (wind him up and he'll recite the latest party line chapter and verse while patting himself on the back for his independent thinking) has the nerve to call Bob or anyone else that name. But here's a news bulletin:
Tallahassee Democrat wrote:School districts across the state are reviewing dozens of books, like "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison, at the request of parents who question whether these books are harmful for students. But Leon County Schools has only received one official complaint so far, and it's about banning the Bible.

"Let's be honest — banning books is never a good idea, but what's fair is fair, and with that in mind, please find attached my request to ban the Bible," said Chaz Stevens in an email to Leon County Schools Superintendent Rocky Hanna. While Stevens' attempt may highlight the law of unintended consequences, school officials pointing to a new law are reviewing the request and have even begun auditing the number of Bibles in capital city schools.

The new law, which starts July 1, allows parents of students to review learning materials and contest them if they're considered inappropriate. Stevens, a resident of Deerfield Beach, said he is an archbishop with the First Church of Mars and is ordained in California and Florida. He describes himself as "an atheist activist who likes banana daquiris." He's grabbed headlines in the past in Florida for his Festivus pole display in the Florida Capitol.

He said he sent 62 superintendents in Florida a request to ban the Bible to protest House Bill 1467, which was signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis on March 28. "My goal is to use the law as our expert politicians in Tallahassee intended," Stevens said. "There were no carve outs for religious texts, so I would assume they meant for them to be in play.”

Starting July 1, however, the district will implement a standardized complaint form with specific criteria that is in the new legislation. School committee meetings where instructional materials are reviewed must be opened to the public under the law, while the Department of Education is required to provide training for those committee members on how to select "quality, age-appropriate books," according to a legislative analysis of the bill.

In Stevens' request to ban the Bible, he questioned the book's age appropriateness and highlighted passages about bestiality and rape, "wokeness," and social-emotional learning. "The most troubling of issues for many, as it’s obvious once we teach little Jimmy and Susie to show empathy for their classmates, they’re one giant step closer to getting their LGBTQ+ freak on," the request reads, then quotes the book of Genesis. "It is not good enough for man to be alone, therefore, encourage one another and build each other up! - Genesis 2:18."
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 441734001/

kroxquo

#38 Post by kroxquo » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:52 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:

Why is it a bad thing to promote an atmosphere where all students feel safe and comfortable? I will tell you from experience that if a child does not feel safe then learning about math, reading, or other academic subjects is nearly impossible. Laws such as the one in Florida go beyond the idea of "teaching" about gender identity issues (which really doesn't happen much) and gets into making it harder for a child who is "different" from feeling like it is OK.

Here is the reality. Putting aside all the non-instructional duties teachers have (which are myriad), a teacher has to come up with instruction for all of his/her students (which might number upwards of 30); integrating all of the various learning styles of the children; making sure that accommodating modifications for students with IEP's (for learning disabilities), 504 plans (for students with health issues), and EL plans(English Learner) potentially under threat of prosecution if those accommodations are not met; integrate technology into instruction to reflect 21st century learning; and make the material relevant to today's student. When you add in the specter of standardized testing, teachers just simply don't have the time do "indoctrinate" students. If I had the time and/or the abilty to indoctrinate students, I would indoctrinate them to do all their work and turn it in on time and to bring me coffee in the morning.

No offense intended to you, because this also applies to nearly all of the lawmakers and politicians who make these laws, but you have no clue what being in a classroom is all about and unless you are willing to stand in front of a room full of eyes looking to you for guidance, instruction, protection, and kindness (even if they will not acknowledge that themselves), you never will.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#39 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:39 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:52 am
Bob78164 wrote:

Why is it a bad thing to promote an atmosphere where all students feel safe and comfortable? I will tell you from experience that if a child does not feel safe then learning about math, reading, or other academic subjects is nearly impossible. Laws such as the one in Florida go beyond the idea of "teaching" about gender identity issues (which really doesn't happen much) and gets into making it harder for a child who is "different" from feeling like it is OK.

Here is the reality. Putting aside all the non-instructional duties teachers have (which are myriad), a teacher has to come up with instruction for all of his/her students (which might number upwards of 30); integrating all of the various learning styles of the children; making sure that accommodating modifications for students with IEP's (for learning disabilities), 504 plans (for students with health issues), and EL plans(English Learner) potentially under threat of prosecution if those accommodations are not met; integrate technology into instruction to reflect 21st century learning; and make the material relevant to today's student. When you add in the specter of standardized testing, teachers just simply don't have the time do "indoctrinate" students. If I had the time and/or the abilty to indoctrinate students, I would indoctrinate them to do all their work and turn it in on time and to bring me coffee in the morning.

No offense intended to you, because this also applies to nearly all of the lawmakers and politicians who make these laws, but you have no clue what being in a classroom is all about and unless you are willing to stand in front of a room full of eyes looking to you for guidance, instruction, protection, and kindness (even if they will not acknowledge that themselves), you never will.
krox, we are talking about kindergarten, 1st and second graders. They don't have sexual feelings yet. Yes, you have a lot to deal with getting them ready to learn what they need to learn when they're older. They do not need to, and shouldn't be, instructed in anything to do with adult sexuality at this age. That is the responsibility of their parents exclusively. If the state wants to butt in, then they should provide their advice to the child's parents, and not entrust this sensitive issue to their employees.

Yes, there are good parents and there are bad parents. There always have been and there always will be. Unless, as I have pointed out, you identify the profile of a bad parent and eliminate them or prevent them from becoming parents. But, krox, there are also good teachers and good school administrators and there are bad ones. And I have seen examples of some bad ones posted on this board. Because of that, we need to give the responsibility of this subject to the parents. It is too much of a risk for everyone to give it to the state.

silverscreenselect

#40 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:09 pm

Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:39 pm
krox, we are talking about kindergarten, 1st and second graders. They don't have sexual feelings yet. Yes, you have a lot to deal with getting them ready to learn what they need to learn when they're older. They do not need to, and shouldn't be, instructed in anything to do with adult sexuality at this age. That is the responsibility of their parents exclusively. If the state wants to butt in, then they should provide their advice to the child's parents, and not entrust this sensitive issue to their employees.
And as usual, Flock is 100% wrong. Children begin developing sexual feelings in infancy. They touch themselves because it feels good. Before they get to school age, they try to see what other people look like without their clothes. They talk about their private parts and want to "play doctor" with other children. They use dirty words. And once they are around other children in a school environment, it becomes an issue when they exhibit this behavior in school or ask teachers about it.

Children also learn gender identity before they reach school age. They know whether they are a boy or a girl and how boys and girls are "supposed" to behave (act like a boy/girl). And they can feel troubled if they don't want to behave in the same way.

If you would actually read something on these subjects instead of considering yourself and these other ignorant parents as being experts on child psychology and behavior, you might learn something. Children are not little asexual dolls until they hit puberty.

BackInTex

#41 Post by BackInTex » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:46 pm

[/quote]Florida is effectively offering bounties to informers. --Bob
[/quote]

Encouraging citizens to monitor and report on public officials is not wrong.

Encouraging citizens to monitor and report on private citizens is more in line with what you are insinuating.

Big difference. Shall we find examples of the later?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#42 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:48 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:46 pm
Encouraging citizens to monitor and report on public officials is not wrong.

Encouraging citizens to monitor and report on private citizens is more in line with what you are insinuating.

Big difference. Shall we find examples of the later?
And I would say setting up a government agency to monitor and determine what speech is ok and what is 'misinformation' is completely wrong, dangerous, totally unconstitutional and something many wise and prophetic people have warned against.
Spoiler
I'm sure my stalking post will point out 'Flock is a jerk who doesn't know what he's talking about. It's only to protect us against Russia. See here's an article by someone who knows a lot more than flock', or some crap like that.

But we all know it never stays that way.

silverscreenselect

#43 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:11 pm

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:48 pm
And I would say setting up a government agency to monitor and determine what speech is ok and what is 'misinformation' is completely wrong, dangerous, totally unconstitutional and something many wise and prophetic people have warned against.
Flock, you have no idea what is or is not unconstitutional. The government isn't prohibiting or restricting any speech. We've been monitoring terrorist and terrorist sympathizer chatter since 9/11. I'll agree that the name, Disinformation Governance Board, was poorly chosen and an invitation for idiots like you and Ted Cruz to go after it. But what it's actually doing isn't all that different from what's been going on in this country for years.

And, by the way, every major company In the world has people that monitor what's being posted about them online so that they can respond to disinformation. I (hopefully since it's not perfect) get google alerts every day that my name or my company name appears somewhere.

And, yes, you are a jerk who doesn't know what he's talking about.

And at least one conservative disagrees with Flock:
Jim Geraghty National Review wrote:In theory, this proposal doesn’t have to be a terrible idea, in that is allegedly designed to rebut “human smuggling organizations peddling misinformation to exploit vulnerable migrants for profit,” as well as monitoring messages from terrorist and extremist groups. Wherever you stand on illegal immigration, we should all oppose coyotes and human smugglers taking advantage of people. And since at least 2014, the U.S. has been bedeviled by the perception in some Central American countries that the United States is offering “permisos” for children who cross the border illegally — a rumor that picked up steam after President Obama announced he would not deport children who had come into the country illegally with their parents. If this new DHS group spends its time publicly declaring that there are no special, secret, or little-known loopholes for migrants who wish to enter the U.S., it will do some good.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/a ... nce-board/

flockofseagulls104

#44 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon May 02, 2022 2:22 pm

The Ministry of Truth is apparently an Obama creation.

“Now the good news is that almost all the big tech platforms now acknowledge some responsibility for content on their platforms, and they’re investing in large team of people to monitor it,” Obama said during the speech. “Given the sheer volume of content, this strategy can feel like a game of Whack-A-Mole.”

He praised some social-media firms for independently restricting such content on their forums but stated that government is needed to enforce stricter standards.

“But while content moderation can limit the distribution of clearly dangerous content, it doesn’t go far enough,” he added.

Many people believe that Obama is the person behind the curtain of the Biden regime. It certainly looked that way on his last White House visit.

Yeah, the Rulers of the Internet have been doing this for years. Censoring the sitting President of the US while allowing the Ayatollahs of Iran post whatever poison they want. Canceling and censoring conservative voices and experts that don't follow the current approved narrative.

But it's apparently too much for the ROTI to handle on their own. So we need the Federal government to do it. And they've appointed their most qualified anti -conservative to head it.

Here's a couple of little snippets of the person they put in charge of the Ministry of Truth

https://nypost.com/2022/04/29/biden-dis ... er-tiktok/

https://youtu.be/60PLEXY-yHY

These people have GOT TO BE STOPPED.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon May 02, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverscreenselect

#45 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 02, 2022 2:31 pm

Mon May 02, 2022 2:22 pm
Yeah, the Rulers of the Internet have been doing this for years. Censoring the sitting President of the US while allowing the Ayatollahs of Iran post whatever poison they want. Canceling and censoring conservative voices and experts that don't follow the current approved narrative.

But it's apparently too much for the ROTI to handle on their own. So we need the Federal government to do it. And they've appointed their most qualified anti -conservative to head it.
You do understand that (1) the Rulers of the Internet run private businesses and can allow whoever and whatever they want on their sites, and (2) the government agency has no authority to ban or censor any sort of speech, no matter who is running it.

flockofseagulls104

#46 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon May 02, 2022 2:34 pm

Didn't take the stalker long at all.

flockofseagulls104

#47 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon May 02, 2022 2:59 pm

I wonder if in fact he's agreeing with me? That would be a first. I can't imagine ANYONE thinking that this is a good idea.
Just think what a bad (from your viewpoint) President and Congress could use this for.

But you guys on the left never give that much thought. Just expand your power when you have it. Worked well for judges for you thanks to Harry Reid, didn't it? And for executive orders when Obama used them for things he didn't have constitutional authority for (by his own admission).

flockofseagulls104

#48 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:47 pm

https://nypost.com/2022/05/18/biden-adm ... rd-report/

And Mary Poppins resigned.

Lot of news this Friday.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#49 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Flock,

How do you feel about Senator Warnock's proposal to have the government work to prevent school shootings by monitoring the use of social media? Is preventing school shootings a good enough reason for the government to take on this role? --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#50 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 26, 2022 4:19 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:11 pm
Flock,

How do you feel about Senator Warnock's proposal to have the government work to prevent school shootings by monitoring the use of social media? Is preventing school shootings a good enough reason for the government to take on this role? --Bob
You really want my opinion? I don't think so. You will just automatically strongly disagree with me and tell me how wrong I am and go on some sanctimonious rant. I have no answers for you until you start answering the innumerable questions I have asked you which you have dodged in one way or another. If you truly want a debate, you will have to show me you are actually open to one, which you have never once done in the past.