Welcome to Animal Farm 1984

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Welcome to Animal Farm 1984

#1 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:48 pm

I'm sure SSS and the Bob's will try to cover this with some good light, but in reality there is little good that can be said of these:

Biden admin creates 'disinformation governance board'
Outnumbered' panelists weigh in after the Biden administration named Nina Jankowicz, who previously claimed Hunter Biden's laptop was a 'Russian influence op,' as the head of the board of DHS's new disinformation governance board.
She needs to silence herself, but won't.

Biden says of students, 'They're all our children'

Uh, no they are f'ing NOT!
"They’re not someone else’s children, they’re our children," Biden said.
Go ahead, show your support for this evil man. If you voted for him, you voted for this, and you are thus the enemy.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Welcome to Animal Farm 1984

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:56 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:48 pm
I'm sure SSS and the Bob's will try to cover this with some good light, but in reality there is little good that can be said of these:

Outnumbered' panelists weigh in after the Biden administration named Nina Jankowicz, who previously claimed Hunter Biden's laptop was a 'Russian influence op,' as the head of the board of DHS's new disinformation governance board

Go ahead, show your support for this evil man. If you voted for him, you voted for this, and you are thus the enemy.
So you think we should let Russian disinformation efforts propagate with no effort to defang them?

Here's a story about Nina Jankowicz. The claim about her you quoted is false. She made no claims. She directly quoted presidential candidates while live-tweeting their debate. In a word, the story about her is "disinformation." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:56 pm

Yep. We now have the Ministry of Truth.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:17 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:56 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Outnumbered' panelists weigh in after the Biden administration named Nina Jankowicz, who previously claimed Hunter Biden's laptop was a 'Russian influence op,' as the head of the board of DHS's new disinformation governance board

So you think we should let Russian disinformation efforts propagate with no effort to defang them?

Here's a story about Nina Jankowicz. The claim about her you quoted is false. She made no claims. She directly quoted presidential candidates while live-tweeting their debate. In a word, the story about her is "disinformation." --Bob
Nope
"We should view it as a Trump campaign product," Jankowicz said at the time,
Confirms her thoughts and how it should be treated. Her attempt of plausible deniability falls flat when viewed with clear lenses,
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:43 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:17 pm
Confirms her thoughts and how it should be treated. Her attempt of plausible deniability falls flat when viewed with clear lenses,
The copy of the laptopʻs memory the Post obtained from a repair shop, via Rudy Giuliani, is a Trump campaign product.

The original laptop is in the hands of the FBI. I suppose they could have had a press conference just before the election and revealed that it contained emails referring to Joe Biden, and maybe some dick picks to boot. Thank goodness the FBI would never consider anything that outrageous.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:15 pm

jarnon wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:43 pm
BackInTex wrote:
The copy of the laptopʻs memory the Post obtained from a repair shop, via Rudy Giuliani, is a Trump campaign product.

The original laptop is in the hands of the FBI. I suppose they could have had a press conference just before the election and revealed that it contained emails referring to Joe Biden, and maybe some dick picks to boot. Thank goodness the FBI would never consider anything that outrageous.
Yeah. They would never consider doing anything outrageous like that. The Steele Dossier proved that.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:15 pm
jarnon wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Confirms her thoughts and how it should be treated. Her attempt of plausible deniability falls flat when viewed with clear lenses.

Yeah. They would never consider doing anything outrageous like that. The Steele Dossier proved that.
<Whoosh.>

What you just heard was the sound of jarnon's point going over flock's head. Far, far above flock's head. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Hereʻs what the national teacher of the year, Kurt Russell of Ohio, said before Biden spoke:

(Oops, wrong Kurt Russell)

Kurt Russell wrote:Each morning, parents give us their most precious gifts, their children. Parents have placed trust that we nurture, cultivate, and help students find personal meaning and purpose in their lives.
I think thatʻs what Biden means by "they’re our children." Parents entrust their kids to teachers to educate them. Teachers don’t take the place of parents.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:22 pm
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:15 pm
jarnon wrote:

<Whoosh.>

What you just heard was the sound of jarnon's point going over flock's head. Far, far above flock's head. --Bob
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm short. I know. But it's a good way of deflecting and ignoring My point. More practice for you.

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:47 pm

jarnon wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm
Kurt Russell wrote: Parents have placed trust that we nurture, cultivate, and help students find personal meaning and purpose in their lives.
Really? You want your kid's teachers to be the ones to help your kids find personal meaning and purpose? Or the school board directing the teacher. Or the state legislature or Heaven forbid, the Dept of Education. Just hand off one of the most important things a parent should do to a governmental institution? O.K. Not me, not my kids. Teach them math, reading, how to write, some history, etc. Who they are, what they become, how they fell about themselves....that's my job as their parent.

Yeah, I realize there are a lot of parents out there that don't do what they should raising children but that needs to be address at the cultural level, not excused and taken on by government.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:50 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:47 pm
jarnon wrote:
Kurt Russell wrote: Parents have placed trust that we nurture, cultivate, and help students find personal meaning and purpose in their lives.
Really? You want your kid's teachers to be the ones to help your kids find personal meaning and purpose? Or the school board directing the teacher. Or the state legislature or Heaven forbid, the Dept of Education. Just hand off one of the most important things a parent should do to a governmental institution? O.K. Not me, not my kids. Teach them math, reading, how to write, some history, etc. Who they are, what they become, how they fell about themselves....that's my job as their parent.

Yeah, I realize there are a lot of parents out there that don't do what they should raising children but that needs to be address at the cultural level, not excused and taken on by government.
That's a recipe for letting kids fall through the cracks.

If the parent is active and involved in the kid's upbringing, I really can't believe it's at all likely that any teacher will have more impact on the kid's values than the parents would. Peers, yes, but not teachers. --Bob

kroxquo

#12 Post by kroxquo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Outnumbered' panelists weigh in after the Biden administration named Nina Jankowicz, who previously claimed Hunter Biden's laptop was a 'Russian influence op,' as the head of the board of DHS's new disinformation governance board.

I have been teaching for 22 years. At a rough guess I would say I have had between 500 and 600 kids go through my classroom. I think of every one of them, good and bad, as my kids. If that makes me your enemy, then so be it.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:59 pm

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Really? You want your kid's teachers to be the ones to help your kids find personal meaning and purpose?
The key word here is "help" which means to serve as a resource and support for children, not to indoctrinate them. Even when I was in school, we had a guidance counselor. And since teachers are the adults who spend the most time with children, they are in the best position to do so.

Of course, in the absence of input and support from teachers, students can always turn to those highly trustworthy sources: other students and social media.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#14 Post by kroxquo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:59 pm

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:

My dad was a 30 year high school math teacher who retired in the mid-90's. When people asked him what he taught, he would reply, "Manners, respect, discipline, and occasionally math." No one is talking about replacing parents, we're talking about creating an environment where students can grow, learn, and thrive.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:00 pm

jarnon wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Hereʻs what the national teacher of the year, Kurt Russell of Ohio, said before Biden spoke:

(Oops, wrong Kurt Russell)

Kurt Russell wrote:Each morning, parents give us their most precious gifts, their children. Parents have placed trust that we nurture, cultivate, and help students find personal meaning and purpose in their lives.
I think thatʻs what Biden means by "they’re our children." Parents entrust their kids to teachers to educate them. Teachers don’t take the place of parents.
Mr. Russell is the National Teacher of the Year. I'm sure he is exemplary and any parent would be lucky to have him teaching their kids. And there are many teachers that are like him. And there are many that aren't.
What about the teachers that would finish near the bottom in the National Teacher of the Year competition? There are many of them, too.
There are many teachers that I have seen quotes from that I would not allow within a mile of any children.

Until every teacher is of Mr. Russell's caliber, the problem still remains. The child's parents are responsible for teaching them how to be humans, not the teachers and certainly not the state.

wbtravis007

#16 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:30 pm

I don’t remember hearing anyone on either side of the issue saying that people who advocated for, say, school prayer, or corporal punishment, were evil.

Some of y’all are really acting weird these days.

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:50 pm
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:

That's a recipe for letting kids fall through the cracks.

If the parent is active and involved in the kid's upbringing, I really can't believe it's at all likely that any teacher will have more impact on the kid's values than the parents would. Peers, yes, but not teachers. --Bob
bob, we'll never have your utopia where everything is perfect.

The most repressive and ugly cultures the world has ever seen have begun with some idea of a utopia. To get there, you have to eliminate everyone who doesn't accept that utopian vision. Sort of like you want to eliminate, I'm sorry, render irrelevant, the political party that opposes yours.

We have to accept that our culture will never be perfect. There will always be problems. Our goal should be to make those problems the exceptions, and deal with them as such. Maybe some kids will slip through the cracks. We have to try and make those as few as possible and help them when we can. But no government program will fix the problem. It will only make it worse or cause other, unintended, consequences. We have seen that over and over and over.

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:24 pm

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:00 pm
The child's parents are responsible for teaching them how to be humans, not the teachers and certainly not the state.
What do you think happens to the children who don't get the proper education from their parents or who don't like the education they're getting from their parents? If they don't have the teachers as a resource, they go to their friends or social media. I'd rather have my child getting guidance and information from a teacher than some 23-year-old who has millions of Instagram followers including that child. I didn't have social media, but I "learned" about sex and "queers" from the other kids in school as we passed around stories, many of which were handed down from older brothers and sisters along with dirty pictures.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#19 Post by Estonut » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:37 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:24 pm
What do you think happens to the children who don't get the proper education from their parents or who don't like the education they're getting from their parents?
They become anonymous know-it-alls who have never drawn a U.S. flag in their life?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Spock

#20 Post by Spock » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:03 am

SSS>>>"but I "learned" about sex and "queers" from the other kids in school as we passed around stories, many of which were handed down from older brothers and sisters along with dirty pictures."<<<<

Perish the thought. Oh, no-you learned about sex the way humanity always has.

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:17 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:03 am
SSS>>>"but I "learned" about sex and "queers" from the other kids in school as we passed around stories, many of which were handed down from older brothers and sisters along with dirty pictures."<<<<

Well, we could train certain malleable children to be informers. They can report any of the other children who are passing along unacceptable sexual information and we can send those kids, probably along with their older siblings and possibly their parents as well,to re-education camps.Maybe they'll come back, maybe not.
That's a proven method for handling these kinds of problems in the utopian cultures bob would like America to be.

Bob Juch

#22 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:27 am

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:17 am
Spock wrote:

Well, we could train certain malleable children to be informers. They can report any of the other children who are passing along unacceptable sexual information and we can send those kids, probably along with their older siblings and possibly their parents as well,to re-education camps.Maybe they'll come back, maybe not.
That's a proven method for handling these kinds of problems in the utopian cultures bob would like America to be.
That's the next step in Florida.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:32 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:27 am
Spock wrote:

No, BJ. That will be fully under the control of the Ministry of Truth. It will take a little time, but the Ministry will grow in its power and influence, just as every department and program created in Washington DC has. If you had any brain to think with, you'd realize that what FL is doing is the exact opposite.

Spock

#24 Post by Spock » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:09 am

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:32 am
Bob Juch wrote:

No, BJ. That will be fully under the control of the Ministry of Truth. It will take a little time, but the Ministry will grow in its power and influence, just as every department and program created in Washington DC has. If you had any brain to think with, you'd realize that what FL is doing is the exact opposite.
Has Bobby#'s ever explained how his Utopian vision won't end with mass graves, when that is how all Utopian visions end? Why is his Utopia the exception? Do SSS and the Bobs even admit the mass graves history of Utopian visions?
Last edited by Spock on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

BackInTex

#25 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:11 am

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:32 am
Bob Juch wrote:

But Florida is run by a Republican so that trumps (no pun intended) anything and everything good. Remember, if the Democratic Party didn't propose it, it's wrong....until they do.
~~ Thomas Jefferson