A conservatard's idea of "critical race theory" in math

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

A conservatard's idea of "critical race theory" in math

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:43 am

is teaching students that 81 million is a bigger number than 73 million.

Nice going, Florida! Ya'll have given new meaning to "stoopid".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/edu ... 354137001/
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

bazodee

Re: A conservatard's idea of "critical race theory" in math

#2 Post by bazodee » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:27 am

A little transparency from Florida would help here. Headline writers were all over the CRT component of this, but I imagine that most of the objections with math books were because of adoption of Common Core pedagogy. One could make a case that is equally as stoopid.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:24 am

Example of approved Florida math curriculum for second graders:

Master De Santis has 10 happy lifetime servants on his plantation. Master Rubio has 5 happy lifetime servants on his plantation. If Master De Santis sells 3 of his servants to Master Rubio, how many happy, contented lifetime servants will each of them have?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:50 am

Eskamani, who said she requested the list of banned textbooks, tweeted: “I wonder if these math books highlighted statistics of racial disparities & that’s what they don’t like?
If those statistics make you uncomfortable, maybe do something about it instead of erase them?"
I'm sure any statistics cited did not include the % of blacks being killed by police vs blacks being killed by blacks, or the % of imprisoned men from two parent households vs single parent households. Though even if they did, I'd disagree that they are inappropriate social teaching within a math class. Math class should teach statistics as a foundation so those interested in analyzing social statics can do so.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:52 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:24 am

Master De Santis has 10 happy lifetime servants on his plantation. Master Rubio has 5 happy lifetime servants on his plantation. If Master De Santis sells 3 of his servants to Master Rubio, how many happy, contented lifetime servants will each of them have?
It's funny you make such a mocking example when actual examples similar to what you posted come from the other side of the political spectrum. More gaslighting bs.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:55 am

How nice of you to grace us with your loving presence today, Pastor. Your uplifting, unifying, and insightful contributions to this bored are always.... interesting.

Was this your Easter message to your congregation?

I am suspecting I will soon be adding more entries to my signature.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:34 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:55 am
Your uplifting, unifying, and insightful contributions to this bored are always.... interesting.
Flock, your next uplifting, unifying, or insightful contribution to this Bored will be the first.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:35 pm

Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:55 am
How nice of you to grace us with your loving presence today, Pastor. Your uplifting, unifying, and insightful contributions to this bored are always.... interesting.

Was this your Easter message to your congregation?

I am suspecting I will soon be adding more entries to my signature.
Bless his heart.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:21 pm

Oh, and I am going to keep asking until I get some kind of rational response from one of our SJWs.

I have never owned a slave, and no one I have ever known has owned one, to the best of my knowledge. I have never been a slave, I would venture to guess that you have never been one either, and no one I have ever known or you have ever known has been one. We are told by many entities to "End Racism'. So what is our goal here? WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOR PEOPLE LIKE AL SHARPTON, AS ONE EXAMPLE, TO SAY "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. WE HAVE ENDED RACISM"?

Can anyone even venture an answer, tangible or even intangible, to that question?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#10 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:14 pm

Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:21 pm
Oh, and I am going to keep asking until I get some kind of rational response from one of our SJWs.

I have never owned a slave, and no one I have ever known has owned one, to the best of my knowledge. I have never been a slave, I would venture to guess that you have never been one either, and no one I have ever known or you have ever known has been one. We are told by many entities to "End Racism'. So what is our goal here? WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOR PEOPLE LIKE AL SHARPTON, AS ONE EXAMPLE, TO SAY "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. WE HAVE ENDED RACISM"?

Can anyone even venture an answer, tangible or even intangible, to that question?
I'd call this an aspirational goal, like ending poverty, reversing global warming, eliminating nuclear weapons, Biden's "end cancer as we know it today," or Bob's destruction of the GOP.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:23 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:14 pm

I'd call this an aspirational goal, like ending poverty, reversing global warming, eliminating nuclear weapons, Biden's "end cancer as we know it today," or Bob's destruction of the GOP.
Well, how do we get there? Every soccer game I watch tells me I should 'End Racism'. What do I have to do? What do we have to do? Can we even agree on a concrete definition of what it is? How do we go about ending it? When will we know when we've ended it?

You SJWs.... I thought MLK dreamt about how he would know, but, apparently, that has gone away as a goal. So what's our goal, SJWs?

Just a note: All those things you listed are pretty much utopian goals. Do SJWs think we can ever achieve utopia in anything? When will we get close enough so we can move on?

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:17 pm

I can't quote; I get an internal system error.

So you say since our goal is impossible to reach, we shouldn't try at all?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:03 pm

We are told by many entities to "End Racism'. So what is our goal here? WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOR PEOPLE LIKE AL SHARPTON, AS ONE EXAMPLE, TO SAY "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. WE HAVE ENDED RACISM"?
You can't end racism, but you can reduce or eliminate the tangible measurable manifestations of racism.

Blacks continue to be arrested at much higher rates that whites and once arrested, are far more likely to go to jail and receive longer sentences. Racial profiling in policing is common.

Redlining is still common. In general, blacks and other minorities are denied credit or granted credit at harsher terms than whites.

Racial discrimination in hiring is still common as evidenced by studies in which applicants who sent in resumes with "black-sounding" names were considerably less likely to get called for interviews. Blacks and other minorities are underrepresented in higher-paying and managerial/executive positions.

Blacks and other minorities don't receive the same level of healthcare as whites, suffer worse outcomes, and are more likely to have symptoms discounted.

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:09 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:52 am

It's funny you make such a mocking example when actual examples similar to what you posted come from the other side of the political spectrum. More gaslighting bs.
Since the State of Florida hasn't provided a list of the banned textbooks or the objectionable material, we really can't tell why they made their decision. The largest percentage of banned books were at elementary school level, and I doubt any math books at that level would have much in the way of advanced concepts that could be construed as promoting any sort of social theory.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#15 Post by Estonut » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:54 am

Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:09 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:52 am

Since the State of Florida hasn't provided a list of the banned textbooks or the objectionable material, we really can't tell why they made their decision. The largest percentage of banned books were at elementary school level, and I doubt any math books at that level would have much in the way of advanced concepts that could be construed as promoting any sort of social theory.
Why should they promote anything besides, um, math?

Maybe this is why kids today can't even make change at the store without a cash register.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:34 am

Estonut wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:54 am
Why should they promote anything besides, um, math?

Maybe this is why kids today can't even make change at the store without a cash register.
I agree that elementary school texts should be basic, which is why I can't understand what the state could have found objectionable. That's why seeing what the texts actually are is important. Right now, it looks like the State is just playing politics to pander to its right-wing base.

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:42 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:17 pm

I am not saying anything of the sort. I am asking you, as a representative, since you seem to be very concerned with this topic, having posted KKK pictures aimed at me and the like.
If Ending Racism is an important goal to you, how is it to be achieved and how will you know when it has been put a stop to? When will we as a country or culture be allowed to move on from it?

BackInTex

#18 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:02 am

Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:03 pm
We are told by many entities to "End Racism'. So what is our goal here? WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOR PEOPLE LIKE AL SHARPTON, AS ONE EXAMPLE, TO SAY "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. WE HAVE ENDED RACISM"?
You can't end racism, but you can reduce or eliminate the tangible measurable manifestations of racism.

Blacks continue to be arrested at much higher rates that whites and once arrested, are far more likely to go to jail and receive longer sentences. Racial profiling in policing is common.

Redlining is still common. In general, blacks and other minorities are denied credit or granted credit at harsher terms than whites.

Racial discrimination in hiring is still common as evidenced by studies in which applicants who sent in resumes with "black-sounding" names were considerably less likely to get called for interviews. Blacks and other minorities are underrepresented in higher-paying and managerial/executive positions.

Blacks and other minorities don't receive the same level of healthcare as whites, suffer worse outcomes, and are more likely to have symptoms discounted.
You can't end racism until the races agree there aren't races. Blacks continue to be arrested at a much higher rate because they commit crimes at a much higher rate.

FBI 2019 Statistics on Murders shows Blacks committed 9% more murders even though they are only 12.4% of the population. So they are committing murders at 6 times the rate of whites (and "whites" include Hispanics). Whites (including Hispanics) committed 7% of the murders of whites but black committed 15% of the murders of whites. I'm sure these are the statistics the Fabulous Fake Pastor (FFP) would like taught because it will show there IS a problem in the black community. Until they admit it and do something about it these numbers will continue. Sadly folks like you cry racism and continue to ignore what the statistics say.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:53 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:02 am

You can't end racism until the races agree there aren't races. Blacks continue to be arrested at a much higher rate because they commit crimes at a much higher rate.

FBI 2019 Statistics on Murders shows Blacks committed 9% more murders even though they are only 12.4% of the population. So they are committing murders at 6 times the rate of whites (and "whites" include Hispanics). Whites (including Hispanics) committed 7% of the murders of whites but black committed 15% of the murders of whites. I'm sure these are the statistics the Fabulous Fake Pastor (FFP) would like taught because it will show there IS a problem in the black community. Until they admit it and do something about it these numbers will continue. But folks like you cry racism and ignore what all the statistics say.
Nothing will mean nothing until we find out what the end goal is. We can argue about statistics all day long. What statistics or studies are more valid and telling we can argue about till the cows come home.
We need to know from the SJWs what are the indicators that racism has been solved and when we can dismiss and deal with individual cases as exceptions? Will we ever be allowed to get to that point? Until we can get that answer, we will keep going around in an endless circle. The question really is: do we really want to break out of that circle? I think only they can tell us that.

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:57 am

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:42 am
Bob Juch wrote:

I am not saying anything of the sort. I am asking you, as a representative, since you seem to be very concerned with this topic, having posted KKK pictures aimed at me and the like.
If Ending Racism is an important goal to you, how is it to be achieved and how will you know when it has been put a stop to? When will we as a country or culture be allowed to move on from it?
We will never be able to move on from it. We will know racism has diminished when the four statistics SSS listed are closer to zero.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:01 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:57 am
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:42 am
Bob Juch wrote:

We will never be able to move on from it. We will know racism has diminished when the four statistics SSS listed are closer to zero.
I don't see anything the stalker posts. Give me your own answer. Do some thinking on your own. And define closer to zero.
It is telling that you say 'we will never be able to move on from it'. Do you WANT to? I am willing to do my part in ending racism if it will truly do that. What do I have to do?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:23 am

BackInTex wrote:

FBI 2019 Statistics on Murders shows Blacks committed 9% more murders even though they are only 12.4% of the population. So they are committing murders at 6 times the rate of whites (and "whites" include Hispanics). Whites (including Hispanics) committed 7% of the murders of whites but black committed 15% of the murders of whites. I'm sure these are the statistics the Fabulous Fake Pastor (FFP) would like taught because it will show there IS a problem in the black community. Until they admit it and do something about it these numbers will continue. Sadly folks like you cry racism and continue to ignore what the statistics say.
You seem to be ignoring survivorship bias and economic issues.

There was a study conducted a few years ago when New York City was doing stop-and-frisk. It found that stops of white people were much more likely to find contraband than were stops of Black people. To put that another way, Black people who were doing nothing wrong were much more likely than were white people who had done nothing wrong to get stopped and frisked. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:30 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:23 am
BackInTex wrote:

You seem to be ignoring survivorship bias and economic issues.

There was a study conducted a few years ago when New York City was doing stop-and-frisk. It found that stops of white people were much more likely to find contraband than were stops of Black people. To put that another way, Black people who were doing nothing wrong were much more likely than were white people who had done nothing wrong to get stopped and frisked. --Bob
Round and round and round in the circle game.
Give me an answer SJW.... Not that you will. Just askin.

BackInTex

#24 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:31 am

What is a "black-sounding" name, and how do you answer that without being racist?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

kroxquo

#25 Post by kroxquo » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:24 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:31 am

What is a "black-sounding" name, and how do you answer that without being racist?
Here is the class list of first names of the students I teach. Ten of them are African-American and I would bet that you could pick out more than half of them.

Abigail
Adyson
Alan
Alexis
Aurora
Brandon
Cailyn
Caleigh
Cesar
Charon
Cheyanna
Clarissa