The best description of TFG ever!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

The best description of TFG ever!

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:27 am

Someone on Quora asked, “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England, wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour, and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty, or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically. I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny, and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance, or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain, we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich boy or a greedy fat cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then, he suddenly transforms into a sniveling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think, ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy,’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and most are.
• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people and many other people, too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet or hear him speak a sentence or two without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness, a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy, and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:
‘My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

Re: The best description of TFG ever!

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:04 am

But he sure knew how to get things done that benefitted the United States of America instead of Washington DC.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:32 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:04 am
But he sure knew how to get things done that benefitted the United States of America instead of Washington DC.
Name one.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:13 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:32 am
Name one.
Kept Russia from invading any countries.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:26 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:13 am
Name one.
He kept illegal immigration to A LITTLE less than 2 million a year.
He kept the inflation rate to a LITTLE less than 8.5%
He eliminated redundant and unnecessary regulation in order to produce a covid vaccine that the subsequent administration screwed up in administering.
His policies resulted in the highest employment rate for minorities ever seen.
He officially recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
He established the Abraham Accords which was a true start for peace in the Middle East, which the subsequent administration has all but abandoned and has sabotaged by re-engaging in talks with Iran.

I'm just scattershooting off the top of my head, but I could go on, stalker, but it's pissing in the wind with you. you will not acknowledge anything. It's against your religion.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:35 am

Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:26 am
BackInTex wrote:

Name one.
He eliminated redundant and unnecessary regulation in order to produce a covid vaccine that the subsequent administration screwed up in administering.
He established the Abraham Accords which was a true start for peace in the Middle East, which the subsequent administration has all but abandoned and has sabotaged by re-engaging in talks with Iran.

I'm just scattershooting off the top of my head, but I could go on, stalker, but it's pissing in the wind with you. you will not acknowledge anything. It's against your religion.
You would be praising any democrat president to no end that was able to accomplish just the things I listed. (Well maybe not the immigration achievement.) But since it was a republican, these accomplishments don't count for anything in your mind. And since it was Donald Trump, these accomplishments are pure evil.

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:40 pm

Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:35 am
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:26 am
BackInTex wrote:

You would be praising any democrat president to no end that was able to accomplish just the things I listed. (Well maybe not the immigration achievement.) But since it was a republican, these accomplishments don't count for anything in your mind. And since it was Donald Trump, these accomplishments are pure evil.
Wow. This has been posted a while with no response. I wonder if the TDS Google site is down.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Name one.
If you don't count Syria.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:33 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Name one.
Russia joined the Syria war in 2015, a year and a half after their first attack on Ukraine.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:47 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Name one.
You don’t know the definition of “invade”? SMH

Why would I count something that was not an invasion as an invasion? Or didn’t happen during the Trump administration?

Better stick to copy and paste. Your freelancing sucks.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:47 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Why would I count something that was not an invasion as an invasion? Or didn’t happen during the Trump administration?

I've given him some good advice. He's better with pictures.

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:55 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:47 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

I said if you don't count it. I didn't say you should.

While Russia doesn't have troops on the ground, they support Russian mercenaries.

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:09 pm

He kept illegal immigration to A LITTLE less than 2 million a year. - WRONG.
The startling Census Bureau report found that net international migration into the United States increased by just 247,000 people in 2021, the lowest annual level for any year since at least 2010. That’s about half the number of people who came into the country between 2019 and 2020, during the Trump administration, when net international migration totaled 477,000. The 2021 figure was also far below the 1,049,000 who came into the U.S. between 2015 and 2016, the highest level for any year in that decade.
He kept the inflation rate to a LITTLE less than 8.5% - Inflation has increased under Biden but Trump didn't have the aftereffects of a pandemic to deal with.

He eliminated redundant and unnecessary regulation in order to produce a covid vaccine that the subsequent administration screwed up in administering.- Leaving aside the numerous factual misstatements about COVID that Trump made that were harmful and the fact that Pfizer developed its vaccine without taking "Operation Warp Speed" money, the main contribution the Trump administration made was providing funding for the vaccine. However, they had no plan in place for distribution of the vaccine, instead leaving it to the various states. Under Biden and despite heavy resistance in red states,

His policies resulted in the highest employment rate for minorities ever seen. - Unemployment rates for all demographics, including minorities, have been decreasing steadily over a decade. Trump continued that trend until the pandemic hit. But in the last year of his presidency, unemployment rates for black increased at a rate higher than the national average and stayed higher as other numbers started to tick down. It's only been since Biden took office that the black unemployment rated started to decrease significantly.

He officially recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. - I thought we said tangible accomplishments. How does this make the American people better?

He established the Abraham Accords which was a true start for peace in the Middle East, which the subsequent administration has all but abandoned and has sabotaged by re-engaging in talks with Iran. - The Abraham Accords sound good and it's nice to know that Israel won't be going to war with the UAE and Bahrain any time soon, but they haven't accomplished very much. Trying to repair the damage Trump did by scrapping our Iran treaty is a higher concern for our national safety.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com