Some Hope and Some Crap

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Some Hope and Some Crap

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:16 pm

On one side: I canceled my DirectTv subscription. They dumped OAN, caving to the organized leftist campaign and choosing their side. They have decided they are woke. I have many other options that aren't.

On the other side: Elon Musk became the majority shareholder of Twitter. Maybe he will bring some sanity to that woeful shithole.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:51 pm

Some more hope.

The MSM, at least some of it, has actually tried something new: performing journalism.
I don't subscribe to VF, so if you want to see if they summarized the story correctly, pay for it and go for it.

https://www.citizensjournal.us/vanity-f ... -evidence/

And they actually are starting to notice, at long last, that Hunter Biden might have done something they might want to have a look at

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/30/politics ... index.html

I think the Biden honeymoon is about over.
Even in his own house
https://youtu.be/sfACAtXNeS8
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 25249
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:40 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:51 pm
Some more hope.

The MSM, at least some of it, has actually tried something new: performing journalism.
I don't subscribe to VF, so if you want to see if they summarized the story correctly, pay for it and go for it.

https://www.citizensjournal.us/vanity-f ... -evidence/

And they actually are starting to notice, at long last, that Hunter Biden might have done something they might want to have a look at

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/30/politics ... index.html

I think the Biden honeymoon is about over.
Even in his own house
https://youtu.be/sfACAtXNeS8
We hoped the Biden honeymoon would be like the virgin bride who expected six inches but hoped for eight and was disappointed with four. That's still better than TFG's two.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:03 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:16 pm
On one side: I canceled my DirectTv subscription. They dumped OAN, caving to the organized leftist campaign and choosing their side.
Well, Flock, for once you brightened my day. We have DirecTV Stream, which is their streaming service. It's not quite the same as regular DirecTV (they don't have the NFL Network), but it's close. I just checked and they've pulled the plug on OAN as well, and that is a definite quality improvement.

Life in your household must be a whole lot of fun as you're getting ridi of news and entertainment choices on a daily basis.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 am

Since Flock is a bit lacking for news and entertainment these days, I've got a puzzle for him that will provide both:

Image
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#6 Post by kroxquo » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:14 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:51 pm

And they actually are starting to notice, at long last, that Hunter Biden might have done something they might want to have a look at

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/30/politics ... index.html
I had read that story previously and it does appear that the story does discuss the investigation and where it is but that so far nothing criminal.

I also find it interesting that you completely discrdeit CNN until it posts something you agree with.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:10 am

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:14 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:51 pm

And they actually are starting to notice, at long last, that Hunter Biden might have done something they might want to have a look at

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/30/politics ... index.html
I had read that story previously and it does appear that the story does discuss the investigation and where it is but that so far nothing criminal.

I also find it interesting that you completely discrdeit CNN until it posts something you agree with.
I find it interesting that someone at CNN typed the words Hunter and Biden adjacent to each other and published it. That's all.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#8 Post by kroxquo » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:25 am

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:14 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:51 pm

And they actually are starting to notice, at long last, that Hunter Biden might have done something they might want to have a look at

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/30/politics ... index.html
I had read that story previously and it does appear that the story does discuss the investigation and where it is but that so far nothing criminal.

I also find it interesting that you completely discrdeit CNN until it posts something you agree with.
I will retract the second part of this. In retrospect, it is an unfair statement.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:58 pm

I think it will be better for society in the long run if Elon Musk takes over twitter.

I think it would be a lot better to get the current leadership, who are invested in denying free speech, out of controlling it. I am willing to buy a share of twitter and give my proxy vote to Musk, if that is the strategy. It can't get any worse under Musk, and if he really is committed to free speech, it could create a domino effect against the other social media companies that censor speech they don't like.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
bazodee
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#10 Post by bazodee » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:08 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:58 pm
I think it will be better for society in the long run if Elon Musk takes over twitter.

I think it would be a lot better to get the current leadership, who are invested in denying free speech, out of controlling it. I am willing to buy a share of twitter and give my proxy vote to Musk, if that is the strategy. It can't get any worse under Musk, and if he really is committed to free speech, it could create a domino effect against the other social media companies that censor speech they don't like.
If I were an investor in Tesla, I would be opposed/appalled. I want Elon focused on cars (and space) .... not the newest shiny object in his portfolio.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:01 pm

bazodee wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:08 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:58 pm
I think it will be better for society in the long run if Elon Musk takes over twitter.

I think it would be a lot better to get the current leadership, who are invested in denying free speech, out of controlling it. I am willing to buy a share of twitter and give my proxy vote to Musk, if that is the strategy. It can't get any worse under Musk, and if he really is committed to free speech, it could create a domino effect against the other social media companies that censor speech they don't like.
If I were an investor in Tesla, I would be opposed/appalled. I want Elon focused on cars (and space) .... not the newest shiny object in his portfolio.
I am not invested, either financially or emotionally, in either of these companies. But I believe if Musk wants to use the money he has earned to take control of this large communication hub away from those who are CLEARLY abusing it, I have no problem with him doing it. Either way, I don't see myself becoming a customer of either of these concerns.

One of the things that got me to support his bid for twitter is that the same ilk of people to whom he used to be a hero are all of a sudden calling him a racist among other things. That is a sure sign that you are on the right track.

https://www.msnbc.com/american-voices/w ... 7919045612
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:27 pm

Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 am

Here is some MORE evidence of what the Rulers of the Internet have been doing in their attack on free speech and their pursuit of censorship and cancelation of views and opinions they have decided are 'misinformation'.
How can ANY of you support this or just ignore it? I suppose you can justify it by convincing yourself that all these people are lying?

https://nypost.com/2022/04/27/conservat ... s-twitter/

I'm pretty sure that bob would be like Vijaya Gadde and do whatever it takes to make the opposition irrelevant.
If twitter has been doing this, just extrapolate it to Youtube, Facebook, Google, et al.

Open your eyes, those of you who are on the fence, and question what 'news' is being fed to you by these people who have been controlling it. It is time to start paying attention to the 'man behind the curtain'. Musk is starting to lift it for us, if we have the interest in finding out.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 25249
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:19 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 am
Here is some MORE evidence of what the Rulers of the Internet have been doing in their attack on free speech and their pursuit of censorship and cancelation of views and opinions they have decided are 'misinformation'.
How can ANY of you support this or just ignore it? I suppose you can justify it by convincing yourself that all these people are lying?

https://nypost.com/2022/04/27/conservat ... s-twitter/

I'm pretty sure that bob would be like Vijaya Gadde and do whatever it takes to make the opposition irrelevant.
If twitter has been doing this, just extrapolate it to Youtube, Facebook, Google, et al.

Open your eyes, those of you who are on the fence, and question what 'news' is being fed to you by these people who have been controlling it. It is time to start paying attention to the 'man behind the curtain'. Musk is starting to lift it for us, if we have the interest in finding out.
A lying newspaper is happy lying Twitter users have increased followers.

There's no evidence that is such a thing as shadow-banning. Even if it exists, removing that wouldn't affect the followers.

Let's see what the real numbers are after Twitter cleans off the straw users.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:37 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:19 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 am
Here is some MORE evidence of what the Rulers of the Internet have been doing in their attack on free speech and their pursuit of censorship and cancelation of views and opinions they have decided are 'misinformation'.
How can ANY of you support this or just ignore it? I suppose you can justify it by convincing yourself that all these people are lying?

https://nypost.com/2022/04/27/conservat ... s-twitter/

I'm pretty sure that bob would be like Vijaya Gadde and do whatever it takes to make the opposition irrelevant.
If twitter has been doing this, just extrapolate it to Youtube, Facebook, Google, et al.

Open your eyes, those of you who are on the fence, and question what 'news' is being fed to you by these people who have been controlling it. It is time to start paying attention to the 'man behind the curtain'. Musk is starting to lift it for us, if we have the interest in finding out.
A lying newspaper is happy lying Twitter users have increased followers.

There's no evidence that is such a thing as shadow-banning. Even if it exists, removing that wouldn't affect the followers.

Let's see what the real numbers are after Twitter cleans off the straw users.
A lying newspaper that published the truth only to have it censored by people like Vijaya Gadde.
Don't ask yourself why straw users, or any users, for that matter, would suddenly appear, and at this particular time.

This is presented as EVIDENCE that shadow banning occurred, and yet you say there's no evidence. It's only because you don't want to look at it. Same as with the 2020 election. They say there's no evidence when there is plenty of it. They just ignore it and say there's none. And people like you just follow along.

You can keep your blindfold on if you wish. There will be no convincing people like you of the truth.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:52 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:19 am
Let's see what the real numbers are after Twitter cleans off the straw users.
It will be interesting to see how many of these "new" followers are people with no followers, no history on twitter, no tweets, no biographical information, no photograph, and only a handful of right-wing sources they are following.

Even if Elon Musk changes the Twitter algorithm around to eliminate any shadow banning that exists, it won't happen overnight. And it doesn't ban users from Twitter either. What can happen overnight is a lot of new bot accounts from Russia being set up.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:53 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:37 am
Same as with the 2020 election. They say there's no evidence when there is plenty of it. They just ignore it and say there's none. And people like you just follow along.

You can keep your blindfold on if you wish. There will be no convincing people like you of the truth.
The same evidence that failed to convince 60 different courts of the "truth."
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20835
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:18 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 am
Here is some MORE evidence of what the Rulers of the Internet have been doing in their attack on free speech and their pursuit of censorship and cancelation of views and opinions they have decided are 'misinformation'.
How can ANY of you support this or just ignore it? I suppose you can justify it by convincing yourself that all these people are lying?

https://nypost.com/2022/04/27/conservat ... s-twitter/

I'm pretty sure that bob would be like Vijaya Gadde and do whatever it takes to make the opposition irrelevant.
If twitter has been doing this, just extrapolate it to Youtube, Facebook, Google, et al.

Open your eyes, those of you who are on the fence, and question what 'news' is being fed to you by these people who have been controlling it. It is time to start paying attention to the 'man behind the curtain'. Musk is starting to lift it for us, if we have the interest in finding out.
You do realize, don't you, that Elon Musk doesn't actually own Twitter yet, and won't for at least several months. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#19 Post by kroxquo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:32 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:37 am

This is presented as EVIDENCE that shadow banning occurred, and yet you say there's no evidence. It's only because you don't want to look at it. Same as with the 2020 election. They say there's no evidence when there is plenty of it. They just ignore it and say there's none. And people like you just follow along.

You can keep your blindfold on if you wish. There will be no convincing people like you of the truth.
What is this evidence regarding the 2020 election of which you speak? Why was it not presented in court? Why did the 45th President's attorney general state, "We have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election." (AP, Politico, The Atlantic, BBC, The Guardian, et al, December 1, 2020)? Why did his own Dept. of Homeland Security state,"The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. . . There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised." (Joint Statement from Elections Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council & the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees, November 12, 2020)?

These are people whose jobs are to insure election safety and security of elections. They have access to a lot more evidence then either of us do. If there is evidence that I am refusing to look at, it is because professionals who know far more about than I do already have and declared it to be mistaken, irrelevant, or just plain fabricated. Rather than wearing a blind fold, I am choosing to trust experts with training and experience in what they are doing.

In another post you invoked Occam's Razor. Which is more likely? A vast conspiracy stretching over more than a dozen states, the federal government, members of both political parties, and several independent corporations; or the 45th President was a flawed candidate who galvanized his opposition into turning out in record numbers to defeat him?
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:49 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:18 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 am
Here is some MORE evidence of what the Rulers of the Internet have been doing in their attack on free speech and their pursuit of censorship and cancelation of views and opinions they have decided are 'misinformation'.
How can ANY of you support this or just ignore it? I suppose you can justify it by convincing yourself that all these people are lying?

https://nypost.com/2022/04/27/conservat ... s-twitter/

I'm pretty sure that bob would be like Vijaya Gadde and do whatever it takes to make the opposition irrelevant.
If twitter has been doing this, just extrapolate it to Youtube, Facebook, Google, et al.

Open your eyes, those of you who are on the fence, and question what 'news' is being fed to you by these people who have been controlling it. It is time to start paying attention to the 'man behind the curtain'. Musk is starting to lift it for us, if we have the interest in finding out.
You do realize, don't you, that Elon Musk doesn't actually own Twitter yet, and won't for at least several months. --Bob
No, bob. I'm stupid.

But still, there is that pesky issue with the change in follower counts. I know that isn't EVIDENCE. There must be an explanation for it so we can be sure that there IS NO EVIDENCE of anything unusual going on. Only stupid people like me would even think of thinking that evidence is evidence and not NO EVIDENCE. But, unfortunately, there will always be stupid people like me, I suppose.

I know that twitter, with its crack team of experts protecting us from misinformation, has spent gadzillions of hours and dollars protecting us against false accounts being created, because they don't want to have malicious hackers hijacking their platform like the Russians did when they elected Trump. So it can't be that!

I suppose that millions of people, who keep up with the news on a minute-by-minute basis and are not stupid, like me, decided to join twitter right away, without delay, and decided to follow all these conservative people all at once. And millions of other people decided to unfollow the likes of AOC and Pocahontas or quit entirely in protest of the news that Musk bought twitter. All in the same two days. I guess that is the logical and most likely explanation.

After all, twitter said there can be no messing with their algorithms without the OK from their Vice President. So, it can't be that they are removing anything that could be found if it is investigated by someone looking for anything. Twitter has never lied to anyone before, so we can be 100% sure it ain't that.

Yeah, bob. I'm sorry. I'm stupid. Evidence is really not evidence if we're told it's not evidence. I will try and remember that.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:02 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:32 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:37 am

This is presented as EVIDENCE that shadow banning occurred, and yet you say there's no evidence. It's only because you don't want to look at it. Same as with the 2020 election. They say there's no evidence when there is plenty of it. They just ignore it and say there's none. And people like you just follow along.

You can keep your blindfold on if you wish. There will be no convincing people like you of the truth.
What is this evidence regarding the 2020 election of which you speak? Why was it not presented in court? Why did the 45th President's attorney general state, "We have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election." (AP, Politico, The Atlantic, BBC, The Guardian, et al, December 1, 2020)? Why did his own Dept. of Homeland Security state,"The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. . . There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised." (Joint Statement from Elections Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council & the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees, November 12, 2020)?

These are people whose jobs are to insure election safety and security of elections. They have access to a lot more evidence then either of us do. If there is evidence that I am refusing to look at, it is because professionals who know far more about than I do already have and declared it to be mistaken, irrelevant, or just plain fabricated. Rather than wearing a blind fold, I am choosing to trust experts with training and experience in what they are doing.

In another post you invoked Occam's Razor. Which is more likely? A vast conspiracy stretching over more than a dozen states, the federal government, members of both political parties, and several independent corporations; or the 45th President was a flawed candidate who galvanized his opposition into turning out in record numbers to defeat him?
Well krox, I gave you one indisputable case of widespread election fraud. Twitter and the other major players censored and defamed the hunter Biden laptop story and even made up a lie that it was 'russian disinformation' at a crucial point in the 2020 election. Polls conducted afterward have said that if they had known about this, it would have changed the vote of a good percentage of those who voted for Biden. It was only a year and a half later that these same people started admitting the story was factual. That is EVIDENCE OF WIDESPREAD ELECTION FRAUD right there.

There is also very good evidence that Mr. Facebook, Zuckerberg, generously funded key democrat precincts with millions of dollars. Also evidence of widespread election irregularities. Instead of asking me, why don't you ask yourself why there has been no 'investigation' of this.

True the Vote has documented widespread vote harvesting in key swing states, like mine. They back it up with hard data and testimony. Again, they say they have EVIDENCE OF WIDESPREAD VOTER FRAUD. To get the word out, they are debuting a documentary called 2000 Mules in a couple of days, which, of course, none of the major players will touch. Instead of asking me, why don't you ask yourself why no major distributor will touch this documentary, which would have a wide audience if marketed. I'm sure you have never heard of it. Again: Why not?

Another question: In light of True the Vote's possible evidence which they are presenting, how likely do you think there will be an official investigation of the evidence they have gathered by Congress? Or do you think that some of your 'experts' will just dismiss it and, with help from the media, hope it will just go away? After all, it will not be very good, politically, to admit there was something wrong with the 2020 election. Not immediately afterword, and not now. Can you not see why there would not be very many judges, officials or politicians who would even WANT to examine any evidence? And that's what happened. how many of these court cases actually examined the evididence before dismissing the case?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6711
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:02 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:32 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:37 am

This is presented as EVIDENCE that shadow banning occurred, and yet you say there's no evidence. It's only because you don't want to look at it. Same as with the 2020 election. They say there's no evidence when there is plenty of it. They just ignore it and say there's none. And people like you just follow along.

You can keep your blindfold on if you wish. There will be no convincing people like you of the truth.
What is this evidence regarding the 2020 election of which you speak? Why was it not presented in court? Why did the 45th President's attorney general state, "We have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election." (AP, Politico, The Atlantic, BBC, The Guardian, et al, December 1, 2020)? Why did his own Dept. of Homeland Security state,"The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. . . There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised." (Joint Statement from Elections Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council & the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees, November 12, 2020)?

These are people whose jobs are to insure election safety and security of elections. They have access to a lot more evidence then either of us do. If there is evidence that I am refusing to look at, it is because professionals who know far more about than I do already have and declared it to be mistaken, irrelevant, or just plain fabricated. Rather than wearing a blind fold, I am choosing to trust experts with training and experience in what they are doing.

In another post you invoked Occam's Razor. Which is more likely? A vast conspiracy stretching over more than a dozen states, the federal government, members of both political parties, and several independent corporations; or the 45th President was a flawed candidate who galvanized his opposition into turning out in record numbers to defeat him?
Well krox, I gave you one indisputable case of widespread election fraud. Twitter and the other major players censored and defamed the hunter Biden laptop story and even made up a lie that it was 'russian disinformation' at a crucial point in the 2020 election. Polls conducted afterward have said that if they had known about this, it would have changed the vote of a good percentage of those who voted for Biden. It was only a year and a half later that these same people started admitting the story was factual. That is EVIDENCE OF WIDESPREAD ELECTION FRAUD right there.

There is also very good evidence that Mr. Facebook, Zuckerberg, generously funded key democrat precincts with millions of dollars. Also evidence of widespread election irregularities. Instead of asking me, why don't you ask yourself why there has been no 'investigation' of this.

True the Vote has documented widespread vote harvesting in key swing states, like mine. They back it up with hard data and testimony. Again, they say they have EVIDENCE OF WIDESPREAD VOTER FRAUD. To get the word out, they are debuting a documentary called 2000 Mules in a couple of days, which, of course, none of the major players will touch. Instead of asking me, why don't you ask yourself why no major distributor will touch this documentary, which would have a wide audience if marketed. I'm sure you have never heard of it. Again: Why not?

Another question: In light of True the Vote's possible evidence which they are presenting, how likely do you think there will be an official investigation of the evidence they have gathered by Congress? Or do you think that some of your 'experts' will just dismiss it and, with help from the media, hope it will just go away? After all, it will not be very good, politically, to admit there was something wrong with the 2020 election. Not immediately afterword, and not now. Can you not see why there would not be very many judges, officials or politicians who would even WANT to examine any evidence? And that's what happened. how many of these court cases actually examined the evididence before dismissing the case?
I don't want to be taken wrong here. I am not advocating, and though there may be some, I don't think there are that many, that the 2020 election be reversed. Biden is President, however I may disagree with him.

But we NEED to examine this evidence and take steps to ensure that, even if it can't be proven that some of these things happened, that they CANNOT happen in the future. Its called election integrity. We need to learn from this evidence. And we need to also be aware of those who are standing in the way of making our election system more fair and preventing future election irregularities.

https://electionfraud20.org/2000-mules/
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:27 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:02 pm
Well krox, I gave you one indisputable case of widespread election fraud. Twitter and the other major players censored and defamed the hunter Biden laptop story and even made up a lie that it was 'russian disinformation' at a crucial point in the 2020 election. Polls conducted afterward have said that if they had known about this, it would have changed the vote of a good percentage of those who voted for Biden. It was only a year and a half later that these same people started admitting the story was factual. That is EVIDENCE OF WIDESPREAD ELECTION FRAUD right there.
So now, possible lying about election issues (and there's a lot about the Biden laptop that's still open to question) equals EVIDENCE OF WIDESPREAD ELECTION FRAUD. By that definition, there's been evidence of widespread election fraud in just about every single election in American history.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20977
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:47 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:22 pm
But we NEED to examine this evidence and take steps to ensure that, even if it can't be proven that some of these things happened, that they CANNOT happen in the future. Its called election integrity. We need to learn from this evidence. And we need to also be aware of those who are standing in the way of making our election system more fair and preventing future election irregularities.

https://electionfraud20.org/2000-mules/
The State Elections Board here in Georgia has issued subpoenas to Catherine Engelbrecht, the founder of True the Vote, and to Gregg Phillips, a politician who has been talking about widespread voter fraud for years without delivering any proof. Engelbrecht and Phillips will be required to sit for depositions and True the Vote and Phillips' organization have had their records subpoenaed to produce any documentation they have. So far, True the Vote hasn't produced any actual names and records to back up their claims.

Georgia SOS Brad Raffensburger is in the middle of a heated primary race against Jody Hice, a Trumpist former Congressman. So it's understandable he has to walk a tightrope right now.

And by the way, True the Vote claims it has 279 records of cell phones making multiple visits to locations where dropboxes are located. Here in Georgia, there's there were dropboxes outside branch library locations where people had to walk by to get into the library. And if they were keeping count, one of those 279 might be me. I drove by one day to an annex office building to see just where the dropbox was and then came back a few days later to drop off my ballot.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5625
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Some Hope and Some Crap

#25 Post by jarnon » Fri May 06, 2022 7:19 pm

Philadelphia Inquirer wrote:A mail ballot mystery is unfolding at an otherwise unremarkable post office box in South Philadelphia.

City elections officials last week received applications from more than three dozen Republican voters across a pocket of the neighborhood. Those applications requested that mail ballots be delivered not to the voters’ homes, but to P.O. Box 54705, an address registered to a recently formed GOP political action committee, according to state data.

Many of those voters told The Inquirer they have no idea why their ballots were sent there. Some said they never even applied to vote by mail.

And yet one out of every six Republican ballot requests in the 26th Ward — the section of deep South Philly south of Passyunk Avenue and west of Broad Street that voted twice for Donald Trump — listed the post office box. That made it the largest single destination for ballots in the city other than nursing homes or elections offices.

“This doesn’t even make any sense,” said Rose DeSantis, 35, who was surprised when told by a reporter that a ballot she says she never requested had been sent to the P.O. box this week. “You would think that would raise some red flags.”

At a time when Republican lawmakers and candidates have attacked mail voting and falsely portrayed it as rife with abuse, the ballot requests and interviews with voters reveal an effort by one GOP operative to use mail ballots that may violate or at least push the boundaries of state law.

For example, the mailing address portion of the form — where the P.O. box was written — is in a visibly different handwriting from the rest of the form on many of the applications, according to two sources who have reviewed the documents. And that handwriting appears on multiple forms, suggesting that the same person wrote in the P.O. box for the voters.

The Philadelphia City Commissioners Office, which oversees elections, said it was aware of the situation and had been “actively monitoring” the issue.

”After we were presented with the additional information by The Philadelphia Inquirer … we began the process of contacting [voters] to determine if they desired a replacement ballot to be sent to an address where they can directly receive it,” said Nick Custodio, deputy to Lisa Deeley, the chair of the city commissioners.

Some ballots had already been sent out to the P.O. box; those will be set aside for the commissioners to review when they’re returned, Custodio said.

The District Attorney’s Office is also aware of the issue and “that there are inconsistencies with the handwriting” on the applications, spokesperson Jane Roh said.

The ballots appear to be the effort of one man: Billy Lanzilotti, a 23-year-old GOP operative, South Philadelphia ward leader, and chairman of the Republican Registration Coalition, the PAC he registered at the P.O. box earlier this year.

In an interview, he said everything about the situation was legal and appropriate.

“I didn’t do anything that to my understanding was against the law,” he said.

Lanzilotti, who already runs a nearby ward, also wants to become the Republican leader for the 26th Ward. Aiming “to help pump out the Republican voter turnout,” he said, he began going door-to-door earlier this month and signing up residents of the 26th to vote by mail.

He’d hand them a form on which he or people he works with had already filled out the voter’s name and his P.O. box as the destination, he said. Having the ballots sent there was a “convenience to the voter,” he said, so it could be hand-delivered to them later by someone they trusted.

“There’s been a number of problems with the post office lately,” he said. ”Checks are being stolen out of the mail. They like it this way because I’m someone they trust.”

But many of the voters said they don’t know who Lanzilotti is and had no idea he was submitting mail ballot applications in their names.

The Inquirer spoke to 12 of the 39 voters whose applications requested their mail ballots be sent to Lanzilotti. Only two said they knowingly filled out a ballot application with the understanding it would be sent to him instead of their home address.

Five others were unaware their applications had requested their ballots be diverted to Lanzilotti’s P.O. box, at the post office at Broad Street and Castle Avenue.

And five more were adamant they hadn’t applied to vote by mail at all — or at least didn’t know that’s what they were doing when a man showed up at their doorstep to talk to them about the May 17 primary election.

Only one said he’d actually received the ballot Lanzilotti applied for in her name.

Rose Centeno, 59, at first insisted she would never vote by mail, echoing false Republican claims about mail ballots. But when told an application had been submitted last week and a ballot mailed out in her name, Centeno said she wasn’t surprised.

“That’s what they do,” she said. “That’s why you can’t trust the mail ballots. This whole city’s screwed up.”

She later recalled that she had filled out some paperwork with the assistance of a man who showed up at her door and offered to help her change her voter registration from Democrat to Republican.

Maria Morris, 55, also remembered agreeing to switch her party registration during an unannounced visit from a man at her doorstep. She signed some papers, she said, not really paying attention to what they were.

“He didn’t mention anything about ballots,” she said.

And Joseph Tralie III, 63, insisted he hadn’t filled out any paperwork at all.

He doesn’t vote, he said, and had no plans to do so this month. He learned that a ballot in his name had been sent to Lanzilotti’s address when he was contacted Thursday evening by the City Commissioners Office.

“I have my address on my voter registration,” he said. “If someone’s asking for my ballot to be sent to a random P.O. Box, I’m not sure how that can count.”

Republicans up and down the ballot have spent two years attacking mail voting, led by Trump’s lies about fraud and the 2020 election being stolen.

The top Republican candidates for governor are campaigning on repealing Act 77, the 2019 law that allows any voter to cast a ballot by mail. The reality is voter fraud in any form is vanishingly rare, and the handful of confirmed instances in 2020 involved Republicans seeking to cast votes for Trump. Even in Lanzilotti’s case, which lawyers from both parties described as concerning, there’s no evidence of fraudulent votes being cast.

It’s unclear whether Lanzilotti’s behavior crosses legal lines, the lawyers said. Much of it depends on details that aren’t yet known.

“There’s some things you’re describing that I think have arguments that could be made that they’re appropriate, there’s some arguments that can be made that they’re inappropriate,” said Matt Haverstick, an elections lawyer in Montgomery County who works with Republican campaigns. “But the whole zeitgeist of what you’re telling me smacks of unlawful conduct.”

It’s legal for voters to have ballots sent to an address other than their homes — that’s what absentee ballots were intended for in the first place.

“If the circumstance is, it’s mail delivered at a retirement home, and some kindly ward person gets them from the mailroom and hands them out, that’s one thing,” Haverstick said. “Going to a P.O. box at the address for a PAC? I have to think about that one. It’s certainly one that would give me pause under the election code.”

The voters don’t have access to the P.O. box to retrieve their ballots. A few said this week they hadn’t yet received ballots, which Lanzilotti said was because he’s been busy and hasn’t yet delivered them.

“I can only do this in my spare time,” he said. “I have a full-time job.”

It’s also unclear whether delivering ballots to voters is allowed: State election law isn’t explicit on the question, and Act 77 hasn’t been tested on it.

Other legal questions are clearer.

Voters are supposed to fill out their own mail ballot applications, unless they’re ill or did not sign an authorization for a specific person to help them.

None of the 39 requests noted any help in filling out the form. The two sources who reviewed them said many of the applications featured two different sets of handwriting, in line with Lanzilotti’s explanation that he handed voters pre-filled forms.

Ballots are also to be returned only by the voters themselves, with the sole exception for disabled voters who must explicitly authorize a person to help.

Democrats have argued that third-party ballot delivery should be allowed in Pennsylvania, as it is in some other states, because it provides greater access for voters, especially those who need assistance for reasons other than disability. But current law doesn’t allow it, as the Pennsylvania Supreme Court affirmed in 2020.

Republicans have focused on reports of voters returning multiple ballots — Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, voted by mail and his wife returned his ballot along with her own — to criticize the mail voting system.

Emphasizing that “ballot harvesting,” as they call it, is illegal under state law, state Senate Republicans last month passed legislation that would ban drop boxes, calling it a necessary step to ensure voters are the only ones who return their own ballots.

Lehigh County’s district attorney sparked controversy this week when he said he would send detectives to monitor drop boxes to ensure voters only return their own ballots. Leigh Chapman, who as acting Pennsylvania secretary of state is the highest-ranking elections official, asked him Thursday to reconsider, warning that it could amount to voter intimidation.

Lanzilotti said he’s not returning anyone’s completed ballots.

But Leonard Armstrong, 71, said Lanzilotti offered to do exactly that.

Armstrong said he’s known and trusted Lanzilotti for years as a “kid from the neighborhood.” So when Lanzilotti brought him his ballot last week, Armstrong filled it out that same afternoon, he said, and handed it back in the sealed envelope. He said Lanzilotti had offered to deliver the ballot on his behalf.

“I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t trust him,” Armstrong said.

Lanzilotti insisted Armstrong was mistaken, telling The Inquirer that all he had done was drop off the ballot at Armstrong’s home.

As for the other voters who accused him of submitting ballot applications without their knowledge, Lanzilotti said, “I don’t know what to say.”

“The voters signed those forms saying they wanted their ballot sent [to me,]” he added. “They’re the ones that signed it.”

By Thursday evening, word of the unusual number of ballots being sent to Lanzilotti had begun to spread through the 26th Ward.

“Everybody’s talking about it. Nobody any of us knows has a P.O. Box,” Rose DeSantis said. “This sounds like some fraud or crook stuff.

Post Reply