National Women's Month in review

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

National Women's Month in review

#1 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:07 pm

National Women's Month was wrapped up yesterday. Let's review the some of the major events celebrating women this past month.

Dr. Rachel Levine announced as one of USA Today's Women of the Year.

Brand new woman Lia Thomas beats all the other experienced women in the 500 Freestyle denying them their hard earned placements.

When asked, the newest Supreme Court Justice nominee couldn't define what a woman is.

Yes, there is a war on women, but not from the right.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

Re: National Women's Month in review

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:17 pm

I'm sure there is more than one person on this bored who knows a whole lot more about this subject, personally, intellectually and professionally, than you could ever dream of knowing. And they will certainly correct you very sternly and dress you down for even having the nerve to express your opinion on the subject. Luckily, you don't have your very own stalker, like I do, who will not only do that, but will include some kind of nasty personal remark along with their stern correction.

You should know better than this.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:50 pm

For a different angle, I got to edit and design an e-edition section on Women's History Month for the McClatchy papers.

I don't know if this link will let anyone in or if you have to sign up:

https://eedition.charlotteobserver.com/ ... 3d9916d4c7

If the page loads, on the right, choose the three lines and select Archive, then March 26, then Depth.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:16 pm

I just read this article. Can you guess why it belongs in this topic?

Pregnant people at much higher risk of breakthrough covid, study shows
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:44 pm

jarnon wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:16 pm
I just read this article. Can you guess why it belongs in this topic?

Pregnant people at much higher risk of breakthrough covid, study shows
I guess the CDC doesn't want to offend any men who want to pretend they're pregnant now, do we?
Not sure if it was the CDC deciding that men could get pregnant or if it was just the idiots at yahoo news.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:47 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:07 pm
When asked, the newest Supreme Court Justice nominee couldn't define what a woman is.
And the response she gave, as opposed to your misstated version of it, was scientifically correct. Further, from a legal standpoint, the definition of woman depends on the context in which it is used. Over 100 years ago, the Supreme Court determined that a tomato was a vegetable, not a fruit, despite the scientific classification. The case had to do with whether a fruit tarriff or a vegetable tarriff should apply to a shipment of tomatoes. The Court held that in setting the tariff, the governing Board considered the tomato a vegetable and that's how it should be regulated.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#7 Post by Spock » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:53 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:17 pm
I'm sure there is more than one person on this bored who knows a whole lot more about this subject, personally, intellectually and professionally, than you could ever dream of knowing. And they will certainly correct you very sternly and dress you down for even having the nerve to express your opinion on the subject. Luckily, you don't have your very own stalker, like I do, who will not only do that, but will include some kind of nasty personal remark along with their stern correction.

You should know better than this.
I don't know if you were still here when SSS and the Bobs were acting as voluntary agents for the Chinese Government during the early days of Covid and worked extremely hard to shut down any of my attempts to look at Covid from the China angle which considering that was where Covid came might be relevant to look at. That was an interesting.time.

A Level 4 BSL labs performing research on Bat coronaviruses just happened to be in Wuhan. "Move Along, Nothing to see there."

Spock

#8 Post by Spock » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:07 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:07 pm
National Women's Month was wrapped up yesterday. Let's review the some of the major events celebrating women this past month.

Dr. Rachel Levine announced as one of USA Today's Women of the Year.

Brand new woman Lia Thomas beats all the other experienced women in the 500 Freestyle denying them their hard earned placements.

Yes, there is a war on women, but not from the right.
Don't forget, a biological male is also the best "Women's" Jeopardy player. Good luck getting that one back ladies. Dudes Rule.