Society is screwed

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: Society is screwed

#151 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:36 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:27 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:01 pm
It's your belief that it's possible to "groom" kids to be gender-non-conforming that makes you an ignorant bigot. Teaching this subject matter simply helps kids feel at ease with themselves and really helps their mental health.

So no, I won't ask support our schools remaining silent while you're free to groom kids to be bigots. And that's exactly what you're asking for. --Bob
bob, go take your fake self-righteous outrage and stuff it up your tuchus.
No, it will not be a better world if you and your ilk keep adding your half baked PC crap to the public school curriculum. They don't do it anywhere else in the world, at least not any place we need to emulate. And for all my adult life, every election we hear how American kids are not getting educated as well as other countries, and how we have to do something about it. So let's start doing something about educating our kids and not feeding them with anybody's agenda, either right or left. Schools are for educating kids, not for instructing them about what gender they are or should be or could be.
Speaking of not knowing what you don't know, you have no fucking idea what life experiences lead me to my sense of outrage at your ignorance and bigotry. So go fuck yourself. --Bob
You are right in one thing, bob. I don't know your life experiences. And you know what? You don't know mine either. And what's even more: You don't know anyone else's. So what makes your life experiences so much more valuable than anyone else's that you get to blow everyone else off and think you get to decide everything and curse out anyone that doesn't agree with you? Or call them a liar? Or even threaten to sue them?
I think it's you who needs some counseling, bob.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#152 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:17 pm

Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:07 pm
You are right in one thing, bob. I don't know your life experiences. And you know what? You don't know mine either. And what's even more: You don't know anyone else's. So what makes your life experiences so much more valuable than anyone else's that you get to blow everyone else off and think you get to decide everything and curse out anyone that doesn't agree with you? Or call them a liar? Or even threaten to sue them?
Because I've seen firsthand the damage ignorance and bigotry can cause when it's not opposed. And I've reached a point in my life where I'm capable of opposing it with some effectiveness. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

And it's your own self-righteous imperviousness to self-examination and your insistence on the normality of your bigotry that triggers my hostility. I don't expect either of our attitudes to change. But I do think as society continues to understand just how ugly your bigotry and ignorance are, and how much harm they can cause if left unopposed, that it will become less and less socially acceptable. I think you know that too. That's why you're so scared.

You should be. Society is changing. I don't think you're capable of changing your views, so in time those views will make you a pariah. And you'll deserve it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#153 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:32 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:17 pm
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:07 pm
Because I've seen firsthand the damage ignorance and bigotry can cause when it's not opposed. And I've reached a point in my life where I'm capable of opposing it with some effectiveness. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

And it's your own self-righteous imperviousness to self-examination and your insistence on the normality of your bigotry that triggers my hostility. I don't expect either of our attitudes to change. But I do think as society continues to understand just how ugly your bigotry and ignorance are, and how much harm they can cause if left unopposed, that it will become less and less socially acceptable. I think you know that too. That's why you're so scared.

You should be. Society is changing. I don't think you're capable of changing your views, so in time those views will make you a pariah. And you'll deserve it. --Bob
Yeah, we have seen what happens when people like you get power. History is full of people like you that use their power to impose THEIR will over those who have less. And what they do to the people who don't 'see the light'. You seem to be dreaming about that prospect. Yeah, you sound like one of them.
You seem to have a lot of delusions going on well past this particular topic. A lot of hate, too. I actually feel sorry for you.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#154 Post by BackInTex » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:36 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
It's your belief that it's possible to "groom" kids to be gender-non-conforming that makes you an ignorant bigot. Teaching this subject matter simply helps kids feel at ease with themselves and really helps their mental health.

So no, I won't ask support our schools remaining silent while you're free to groom kids to be bigots. And that's exactly what you're asking for. --Bob
No, it will not be a better world if you and your ilk keep adding your half baked PC crap to the public school curriculum. They don't do it anywhere else in the world, at least not any place we need to emulate. And for all my adult life, every election we hear how American kids are not getting educated as well as other countries, and how we have to do something about it. So let's start doing something about educating our kids and not feeding them with anybody's agenda, either right or left. Schools are for educating kids, not for instructing them about what gender they are or should be or could be.
Speaking of not knowing what you don't know, you have no fucking idea what life experiences lead me to my sense of outrage at your ignorance and bigotry. So go fuck yourself. --Bob
Bob, I have no idea what you’re experience is but I’ve had personal experience with mental illness in my family. Loved ones who were paranoid, heard voices, etc. Love is not accepting the dilutions, encouraging them, celebrating them. Love is telling the truth so hopefully they can get help. Weakness is not love.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#155 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:31 pm

Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:32 pm
Yeah, we have seen what happens when people like you get power. History is full of people like you that use their power to impose THEIR will over those who have less. And what they do to the people who don't 'see the light'.
You seem to have Bob confused with the legislatures in red states. That's the common tactic of autocrats like Putin. Accuse those who oppose them of the exact same tactics they are employing. Let's see what the Republicans in power are doing in the state legislatures they control.

Deny women the rights to contraception and abortions. CHECK. That includes arresting a woman in Texas for a "self-induced" aborrion, i.e. a miscarriage.

Remove books they don't like from school libraries. CHECK.

Restrict voting rights. CHECK.

Restrict rights of LGBTQs. CHECK.

When people like Flock complain about what "they" do his rights, it's always some nebulous complaints about wokeness resulting in somebody losing their shows on private networks or some similar nonsense. When liberals complain, it's about Republican legislatures passing laws to restrict the rights of those they don't approve of.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#156 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:15 pm
I’ve had personal experience with mental illness in my family. Loved ones who were paranoid, heard voices, etc. Love is not accepting the dilutions, encouraging them, celebrating them. Love is telling the truth so hopefully they can get help.
I've got no problem with trying to get people who are mentally ill (and that includes substance abuse of various types) to get help. But having a different view of their own sexual identity from yours is not mental illness.

silverscreenselect

#157 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:50 pm

Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:24 am
My home state, New Jersey, is apparently proving that they want to sexualize first graders.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/08/nj-kids-t ... urriculum/
Here's the way that New Jersey wants to sexualize first graders:
A 30-minute lesson called “Pink, Blue and Purple” aims to teach the 6-year-olds to define “gender, gender identity and gender role stereotypes,”
That's 30 minutes out of a 180 day school year. That's sure going to turn those tykes into little sex machines. First graders already know more about sex and their bodies than a lot of adults think. The only question is whether they get accurate information from responsible adults or pick it up from each other and whatever forbidden "goodies" they can get their hands on. Teachers must be a part of that educational process. It's important that young children have some appropriate education if for no other reason that to help them avoid becoming victims of sexual predators.

flockofseagulls104

#158 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:44 am

Getting back to the subject at hand:
If it is deemed so important for 1st and 2nd grade children to be taught about gender, or any other controversial subject, then print out the proposed curriculum that you want to give to the teachers and give it to the parents of the child instead. Let the parent teach it to the child, if they so choose. In the method and setting of THEIR choosing.
My biggest objection is having it presented to children by an authority figure in a school setting by a stranger. That is just NOT appropriate. Subjects like this are completely and thoroughly under the parent's jurisdiction. If, as you say, society is changing, you will end up with the same result eventually, right?
If you don't agree with this, then I suspect there's a hidden agenda at work here.

silverscreenselect

#159 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:11 am

Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:44 am
My biggest objection is having it presented to children by an authority figure in a school setting by a stranger. That is just NOT appropriate. Subjects like this are completely and thoroughly under the parent's jurisdiction.
Surprising as it may seem to you, teachers are not strangers. Elementary school children spend 6-8 hours a day, five days a week with the same teacher, and they often feel more comfortable talking with that teacher than with parents. Children don't feel comfortable talking about sex with any adult, especially with a parent. And if they have questions, they want someone who is non-judgmental, not someone who will criticize or punish them for being a sinner or a pervert. Plus, parents often choose not to teach but to indoctrinate with whatever political or religious philosophy they have. And that doesn't even include the children who are being abused or molested at home and afraid of confiding in their parents.

kroxquo

#160 Post by kroxquo » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:53 pm
These a KIDS for Chissakes! Some of them will be well behaved, some will be brats, some will be criers, some will be clowns, some will be smart, some not so, some will be nose pickers, some will be thumb suckers, some will pay attention, some will be in their own world. For God's Sake, let them be kids.
Teach them how to read, teach them how to write and prepare them to be ready to learn more complicated stuff. Leave them out of the social engineering shit for awhile, can ya? Let their parents teach them how to be a human being before you start to groom them, please?

It is not true that "they" don't discuss gender identification in schools as this article from the European Academy on Religion and Society shows:

https://europeanacademyofreligionandsoc ... in-europe/

Moreover, UNESCO recognizes it as a problem that needs to be addressed throughout the world and immediately. This is a quote from the link below: "New data from Europe show, 54% of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex youth surveyed had experienced bullying in school and 83% had witnessed some type of negative remarks addressed to someone else based on their sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or variations of sex characteristics. In many other parts of the world, conditions do not even allow such data to be collected."

https://en.unesco.org/gem-report/LGBTIdontlookaway
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

jarnon

#161 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:25 am

kroxquo wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 am
It is not true that "they" don't discuss gender identification in schools as this article from the European Academy on Religion and Society shows:

From this article I learned that approaches to sex education and gender identity are as varied and controversial in western Europe as here. I think England's approach is well reasoned:
From September 2020, all primary schools in England will teach their pupils about different families, while secondary schools will teach LGBT-inclusive sex and relationships education.
The role of parents in the development of their children’s understanding about relationships is vital. Parents are the first teachers of their children. They have the most significant influence in enabling their children to grow and mature and to form healthy relationships.

All schools should work closely with parents when planning and delivering these subjects. Schools should ensure that parents know what will be taught and when, and clearly communicate the fact that parents have the right to request that their child be withdrawn from some or all of sex education delivered as part of statutory RSE.
Nevertheless, the guidelines have been attacked by activists and politicians on both sides. Politicizing this issue can win elections, but it doesn't improve education or deter bullying and harassment.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#162 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:27 am

kroxquo wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 am
Bob78164 wrote:

Moreover, UNESCO recognizes it as a problem that needs to be addressed throughout the world and immediately. This is a quote from the link below: "New data from Europe show, 54% of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex youth surveyed had experienced bullying in school and 83% had witnessed some type of negative remarks addressed to someone else based on their sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or variations of sex characteristics. In many other parts of the world, conditions do not even allow such data to be collected."

https://en.unesco.org/gem-report/LGBTIdontlookaway
The thing is: We are America. We don't let a central authority decide things like that here.
Once again, I will use an example. What if the central authority that is deciding things runs counter to YOUR values. I think in that case, you would be against having it required by the authorities that teachers instruct your children in it.
In our country, it is the children's parents who instruct their children how to be human beings, not the state. If the state wants to give guidance, they can do so. But they should not have any hand in 'indoctrinating' children out of the control of the parents.

silverscreenselect

#163 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:44 am

Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:27 am
In our country, it is the children's parents who instruct their children how to be human beings, not the state. If the state wants to give guidance, they can do so. But they should not have any hand in 'indoctrinating' children out of the control of the parents.
It's the parents who try to indoctrinate their children, as evidenced by the large number of LGBTQ adults and teenagers who were traumatized as children by their parents. Of course, parents can "educate" some children. Pedophiles who abuse children or stepchildren turn those children into pedophiles themselves.

At least, I now understand why you have a grudge against teachers. You're still mad at that junior high school principal who wouldn't let you talk at lunchtime.

tlynn78

#164 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:16 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:44 am
It's the parents who try to indoctrinate their children, as evidenced by the large number of LGBTQ adults and teenagers who were traumatized as children by their parents. Of course, parents can "educate" some children. Pedophiles who abuse children or stepchildren turn those children into pedophiles themselves.

At least, I now understand why you have a grudge against teachers. You're still mad at that junior high school principal who wouldn't let you talk at lunchtime.
Well, clearly the only answer that will satisfy the bobs and sss'ss is for them to form a little cadre and be solely responsible for the sexual education of grade schoolers. Clearly the vast majority of parents are incapable, and can't be trusted to bring up Johnny and Susie in the way they should go. After all, they know better than anyone what's best for your kids, and everyone else's and Lord knows, most parents are only parenting so they can take out their own frustrations on their children.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#165 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:21 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:16 am

Well, clearly the only answer that will satisfy the bobs and sss'ss is for them to form a little cadre and be solely responsible for the sexual education of grade schoolers. Clearly the vast majority of parents are incapable, and can't be trusted to bring up Johnny and Susie in the way they should go. After all, they know better than anyone what's best for your kids, and everyone else's and Lord knows, most parents are only parenting so they can take out their own frustrations on their children.
Sounds like they want a communist country. Because all our parents are undesirables. Or as Hillary called us, deplorables.

tlynn78

#166 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:29 am

Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:21 am
tlynn78 wrote:

Sounds like they want a communist country. Because all our parents are undesirables. Or as Hillary called us, deplorables.
Don't be silly, Flock, they're only doing it for the good of all society. Pure altruism. Because they know best. I don't think history will judge them favorably, but what do I know? I'm so mentally challenged I still think only a biological female can conceive and give birth.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#167 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:32 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Clearly the vast majority of parents are incapable, and can't be trusted to bring up Johnny and Susie in the way they should go.
The "vast majority" of parents are not incapable, but unfortunately, none of the kids wear signs saying "My parents don't know how to teach me about sex." And the vast majority of those parents who are capable don't mind having some reinforcement from education professionals.

The sex education I received in elementary school consisted of having the only male teacher in the school and the PE coach come in and show the boys a 30 minute educational film. The girls went to another room where I presume they saw something similar. The film was Disney-level birds and bees stuff with a how-to hygiene clip showing how we should wash ourselves in "those" areas. They then answered questions. Most of what I learned came from the other kids in the playground and vice versa. I remember the day I first learned the F-word and came home and told my parents. That resulted in my getting my mouth washed out with soap.
Last edited by silverscreenselect on Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

BackInTex

#168 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:33 am

tlynn78 wrote:

I'll take a pass on their advice. I'm personally very satisfied with the results of my parenting.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#169 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:37 am

Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:32 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Clearly the vast majority of parents are incapable, and can't be trusted to bring up Johnny and Susie in the way they should go.
The "vast majority" of parents are not incapable, but unfortunately, none of the kids wear signs saying "My parents don't know how to teach me about sex." And the vast majority of those parents who are capable don't mind having some reinforcement from education professionals.
Psst, you DO NOT speak for the vast majority of parents.

tlynn78

#170 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:37 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:33 am
tlynn78 wrote:

I'll take a pass on their advice. I'm personally very satisfied with the results of my parenting.
Same here. Weird.

silverscreenselect

#171 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:39 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:37 am
And judging by the results in recent school board elections, neither do you.

tlynn78

#172 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:54 am

Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:39 am
tlynn78 wrote:
LOL - key difference, I'm not claiming to.

flockofseagulls104

#173 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:20 am

bob claims society is changing. I can see that. But I think it's changing because people with his worldview have gradually taken control of the major communications apparati and the major institutions of higher education. If you're not blind, you can see that every day.

That is the subject of this whole thread.

bob has the opinion that I and people who have a different perspective than the 'prevailing' societal perspective will eventually become pariahs. Well, look at recent history and see what becomes of 'pariahs' in totalitarian states. Dissent cannot be tolerated in the quest to implement what is good for society as a whole.

What people like bob are proposing is the 'central authority' decide and implement what is 'for the good of the society'. All totalitarian states begin with that concept.
Many people who are wiser than me (which includes a whole lot of people) see us going down this path.

THAT is what I'm scared of.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#174 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:20 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:54 am
tlynn78 wrote:
The people who got elected to New Jersey school boards are. The issue is that you don’t like the decisions New Jersey parents are making through their elected representatives. Because, like most Republicans, you really do think that anyone who disagrees with your world view is illegitimate or (in BiT’s words) delusional. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#175 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:35 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:20 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:54 am

The people who got elected to New Jersey school boards are. The issue is that you don’t like the decisions New Jersey parents are making through their elected representatives. Because, like most Republicans, you really do think that anyone who disagrees with your world view is illegitimate or (in BiT’s words) delusional. —Bob
You really have zero ability for self-awareness, don't you? Astounding, really. Almost fascinating, like a train wreck.

I think people who don't see things the way I do either, a) have a different world view; b) have a different perspective; c) have different real-life experiences; d) have different priorities than I; e) a dozen or more other reasons for seeing things differently, or f) are fecking morons (or a combination of those reasons). BTW, Republicans (who according to you think anyone who disagrees with them is 'illegitimate') are not the ones calling for the abolition of an entire political party. That would be you. Try a little introspection, if you're even remotely capable, which I sincerely doubt.