Just Sayin....

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Just Sayin....

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:05 am

I went to the Trump Rally in Commerce GA on Saturday with my sister and brother in law. It was my second one. I went to a rally in Perry GA last year.
Just some observations.

At the Perry Rally, there were thousands of people. There is a 'secure' section that you have to have a wristband to get into. That is what is shown on the TV coverage. It consists of several grandstands which fit about 300 people each, and a large section in front of the stage that has thousands of people. That is all you get to see on the video coverage. Behind that is where most of the people are. In Perry, I think there were at least 5 times as many people behind the secure area, seated or standing in a grassy area for many hours before the actual rally.

At Commerce, I was standing in front of the fence that seperated the secure area at about 3:0 after shaking hands with Herschel Walker after he was interviewed (Trump was not scheduled until 7pm, and it took about an hour to get through the security line.). A women came up to me and said she had some extra wristbands and gave me 2. I told her I needed another one, so she went back and they gave her another one. So we got to go into the secure area. I asked some people after we were in and most said they got theirs because they were volunteers for any of the various candidates running or had some connections with the Republican party.

We were kind of directed where to sit. We could have been told to sit anywhere. There were hundreds of folding chairs in front of the stage and plenty of standing room, but we were directed to the grandstand directly in back of the stage! We thought where we were sitting would be shown in the background of the televised speakers, but I was three people to the left of where the TV coverage focused when they showed the speaker. But we got on sometimes.

The first part of the rally was 10 or 15 minute speeches by many of the candidates participating in the upcoming primaries. While they waited to speak, they sat in folding chairs directly in front of us, and they interacted with us in between speeches. Spoke to David Perdue, Vernon Jones, MGT, Herschel, Tom Homan (who wasn't running for anything) and many more.

Trump was scheduled for 7pm, but he was about 45 minutes late. We supposed he waited for the sun to go down because it was right in our eyes. It was cold and windy. I put on my jacket. I am in the third row to the left of the speaker about 5 people from the end in a green jacket with a red sweatshirt underneath.

Trump came out and he threw out hats to the crowd. I got one and gave it to my sister. He spoke for an hour or so.

Post Rally observations:

Of course, I looked at the coverage the next day. Some guy from NPR who is an 'award winning' Georgia 'journalist' did a totally negative article in which he said he thought there were 5000 people there at the most. Then he showed photos that completely contradicted his estimate. His pictures showed the secure area crowd that was in front of the cameras and then showed the crowd outside the 'secure' area, which was a totally different area. He presented them as if they were the same. Totally dishonest. A more accurate count has come out that said at least 20,000 people. I couldn't see the crowd behind the media area, but judging from the photos it was massive. And there were undoubtedly at least 5000 people inside the security area. I wish the security check-in would just count how many people come through so there can be no bullcrap estimates by biased 'reporters' like this guy. And then I saw articles from other media outlets that used this guy's estimate as their count. That's how it works these days.

He also commented on how quiet and unenthusiastic the crowd was. What a crock. I commented to my brother in law during the speech how quiet the crowd was. I observed that the people were LISTENING and PAYING ATTENTION! If they were disinterested, there would be a lot of babbling from the crowd! But it was silence when Trump was speaking. When it was appropriate, everyone around me were yelling, screaming and jumping around.

As usual, most of the MSM articles took snippets of the speeches that were made and used them to foment their own outrage. Yes there were barbs directed at their opponents, but nothing out of bounds and certainly nothing to the degree to which they themselves have been attacked. Especially in the case of MGT.

So the coverage, what there was of it in the MSM, was exactly what we've come to expect. And I would like to ask you lefties how many people would bother to come to a rally staged by Biden or Harris, others than those who are ordered to come?

I support Trump and the movement he is heading because I believe we need to have people in power that are not beholden to the massive swamp that Washington DC has become. And there are more candidates coming up everyday that are on that bandwagon. I don't know about Trump. He is getting old, and I would not support him if he showed any of the signs that were obvious with Biden. I was able to see his teleprompter. It had a speech that outlined the topics they had decided to cover, and with numbers that were undoubtedly fact checked. But he rarely read from the teleprompter. He saw what the topic was and then talked to the crowd. It was a wonderful experience!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

Re: Just Sayin....

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:41 am

How was the Kool-Aid?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:45 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:05 am
I support Trump and the movement he is heading because I believe we need to have people in power that are not beholden to American ideals such as democracy, majority rule, diversity, tolerance, and respect for democratic decisions that don't go my way.
Fixed that for you.

By the way, David Perdue now claims that he didn't actually lose to Senator Ossoff. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:51 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:41 am
How was the Kool-Aid?
Ha ha ha ha! Good one! Oh, you are a funny one! Ha ha ha, can't stop laughing. So clever.... :roll:
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:53 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:45 am
I support Trump and the movement he is heading because I believe we need to have people in power that are not beholden to American ideals such as democracy, majority rule, diversity, tolerance, and respect for democratic decisions that don't go my way.
Fixed that for you.

By the way, David Perdue now claims that he didn't actually lose to Senator Ossoff. --Bob
You know, a large crowd like that and I'd wager every single one of them, even the ones that didn't go to law school or are not biologists, could define the word "woman".
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:59 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

Well, he said nothing like that at the rally, but you're welcome to inject totally stupid and irrelevant comments here, just like always.

Has the President of Earth conceded the governor's race yet?
Maybe Perdue can be made the Prime Minister of Mars?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:00 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:53 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

You know, a large crowd like that and I'd wager every single one of them, even the ones that didn't go to law school or are not biologists, could define the word "woman".
Someone asked the crowd if there was anybody that didn't know what a woman was.

wbtravis007

#8 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:20 pm

I can easily believe that you and 20,000+ other losers were yelling, screaming and jumping around.

If anything, I'm surprised that it didn't draw a lot more of y'all than that.

Just sayin.

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:44 pm

At Commerce, I was standing in front of the fence that seperated the secure area at about 3:0 after shaking hands with Herschel Walker after he was interviewed (Trump was not scheduled until 7pm, and it took about an hour to get through the security line.). A women came up to me and said she had some extra wristbands and gave me 2. I told her I needed another one, so she went back and they gave her another one. So we got to go into the secure area. I asked some people after we were in and most said they got theirs because they were volunteers for any of the various candidates running or had some connections with the Republican party.
Did Herchel share his views on evolution with you?

BTW, the fact that they were practically giving away wristbands to anyone with a pulse should indicate how desperate they were to fill the stands. So we've got your word against the word of every journalist who was at the event and all the photographic evidence to the contrary.

Here's what Newsweek, which has a decidedly right wing slant had to say:
[NPR Reporter Stephen] Fowler also reported that people in attendance began "streaming out" even as Trump was still speaking. "People keep leaving during Trump speech. It's cold and windy and there's not much enthusiasm," he wrote. He also shared photos from different times during the event, showing that the venue got emptier as the former president spoke.

The journalist's comment about "enthusiasm" seemed to be backed up by a correspondent for Right Side Broadcasting Network (RSBN) ahead of the event. As the correspondent, Mike D. or "Mikenificent," interviewed people lining up to attend the rally, he commented live: "Alright, not as much energy from the crowd as I was hoping for, but we're happy that you're tuned in." [AJC Reporter Greg] Bluestein shared a video clip that also appeared to back up what Fowler reported. In the clip, rally attendees can be seen leaving as Trump is speaking. "Folks are starting to file out," the journalist tweeted shortly after 9 p.m. ET.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:47 pm

Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:59 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

Well, he said nothing like that at the rally, but you're welcome to inject totally stupid and irrelevant comments here, just like always.
Yes, he did.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution wrote:And [Perdue] doubled down on that lie at the Trump rally, claiming that he and Trump were both victims of “stolen” elections.

“Let me be very clear. Very clear,” Perdue said to the crowd. “In the state of Georgia, thanks to Brian Kemp, our elections were absolutely stolen. He sold us out.”
Which only goes to prove that your listening skills are on a par with your reading and thinking skills. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:47 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

Yes, he did.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution wrote:And [Perdue] doubled down on that lie at the Trump rally, claiming that he and Trump were both victims of “stolen” elections.

“Let me be very clear. Very clear,” Perdue said to the crowd. “In the state of Georgia, thanks to Brian Kemp, our elections were absolutely stolen. He sold us out.”
Which only goes to prove that your listening skills are on a par with your reading and thinking skills. --Bob
You and your source, of course, neglect to say he was talking about the consent degree Kemp and Raffensperger unilaterally, without any consent from the legislature or anyone else, gave to The President of the Earth.

You have no idea about what you are talking about, sir. I suggest you stay in your own state's affairs.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:28 pm

Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:13 pm
You have no idea about what you are talking about, sir. I suggest you stay in your own state's affairs.
I do stay in my state's affairs, and Trump is a leaky ship. I'm no fan of Brian Kemp (I'm hoping for a bloody, expensive battle between him and Perdue in the primary and a runoff), but apparently the state's Republicans have registered their favorite:
Fox News 3/8/22 wrote:Over a year after narrowly losing re-election to the U.S. Senate from Georgia, David Perdue finds himself trailing Gov. Brian Kemp by 11 points in the Republican gubernatorial primary contest. That’s according to a new Fox News Poll of Georgia Republican primary voters, released Tuesday. Kemp receives 50%, while Perdue, whom former President Donald Trump endorsed, garners 39% among GOP primary voters. Ten percent are unsure or would vote for someone else.
https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/ ... e-governor
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Yes, he did.

You and your source, of course, neglect to say he was talking about the consent degree Kemp and Roethlisberger unilaterally, without any consent from the legislature or anyone else, gave to The President of the Earth.

Unlike you, I know the name of Georgia's Secretary of State. I'll give you a hint. He's never played quarterback for the Steelers.

And there's no room for ambiguity here. Contrary to what you claimed, Perdue explicitly said that his election was stolen as well as Donny's. What actually happened, of course, is that Senator Ossoff simply garnered more votes in Georgia (as did President Biden), so he won fair and square. But (like most Republicans) you're unwilling to admit that you were wrong so now you're doubling down.

The system worked the way it was supposed to, up to a point. Whoever gets the most votes is declared the winner. Thanks to Governor Kemp and Secretary of State Raffensperger, that part went as it was supposed to. The other candidates are then supposed to respect the will of the voters. That's not happening.

The Republican Party deserves to be electorally bulldozed because (as you are vividly illustrating) too many of its members are no longer willing to accept that any result other than their own victory can possibly be legitimate. That attitude is profoundly destructive to democracy. So on this issue, there is no such thing as staying in your own state's affairs. A willingness to ignore the will of the people when choosing candidates supervising federal elections affects all of us. And I will continue to put my money where my mouth is.

Thanks for motivating me to prioritize Georgia over some other potential races. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#14 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:28 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Yes, he did.Which only goes to prove that your listening skills are on a par with your reading and thinking skills. --Bob
You and your source, of course, neglect to say he was talking about the consent degree Kemp and Roethlisberger unilaterally, without any consent from the legislature or anyone else, gave to The President of the Earth.

Unlike you, I know the name of Georgia's Secretary of State. I'll give you a hint. He's never played quarterback for the Steelers.

And there's no room for ambiguity here. Contrary to what you claimed, Perdue explicitly said that his election was stolen as well as Donny's. What actually happened, of course, is that Senator Ossoff simply garnered more votes in Georgia (as did President Biden), so he won fair and square. But (like most Republicans) you're unwilling to admit that you were wrong so now you're doubling down.

The system worked the way it was supposed to, up to a point. Whoever gets the most votes is declared the winner. Thanks to Governor Kemp and Secretary of State Raffensperger, that part went as it was supposed to. The other candidates are then supposed to respect the will of the voters. That's not happening.

The Republican Party deserves to be electorally bulldozed because (as you are vividly illustrating) too many of its members are no longer willing to accept that any result other than their own victory can possibly be legitimate. That attitude is profoundly destructive to democracy. So on this issue, there is no such thing as staying in your own state's affairs. A willingness to ignore the will of the people when choosing candidates supervising federal elections affects all of us. And I will continue to put my money where my mouth is.

Thanks for motivating me to prioritize Georgia over some other potential races. --Bob
bob, there is no way to talk to a raving lunatic like you. So I won't even try. I would tell you to fuck off, but that would be a waste of my time. Go tell it to someone who cares.

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:11 pm

Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:53 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:28 pm

bob, there is no way to talk to a raving lunatic like you. So I won't even try. I would tell you to fuck off, but that would be a waste of my time. Go tell it to someone who cares.
They've just got to be left alone to self-soothe. It's gotta be exhausting.
"...prioritize.." - lmao!!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

kroxquo

#16 Post by kroxquo » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

Which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether a person is qualified to sit on the Supreme Court. It has a great deal to do with a Republican senator getting talking points aired without concern about the relevancy of the "question."
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

BackInTex

#17 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:53 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:10 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

Which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether a person is qualified to sit on the Supreme Court. It has a great deal to do with a Republican senator getting talking points aired without concern about the relevancy of the "question."
Common sense has EVERYTHING to do with qualifications for Supreme Court. It is the fabric of reason, which is the foundation of judicial qualification.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:53 pm
kroxquo wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Common sense has EVERYTHING to do with qualifications for Supreme Court. It is the fabric of reason, which is the foundation of judicial qualification.
Her answer was that context matters and she couldn't answer the question because she wasn't provided context.

She was right. Was Shirley Temple a "woman" when she sang Good Ship Lollipop in her pre-teen years? Was she then a "woman" when deciding which gender-designated bathroom to use? --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#19 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:04 pm
BackInTex wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
Her answer was that context matters and she couldn't answer the question because she wasn't provided context.

She was right. Was Shirley Temple a "woman" when she sang Good Ship Lollipop in her pre-teen years? Was she then a "woman" when deciding which gender-designated bathroom to use? --Bob
The question should have been phrased "female", does that make it easier for you?
Well, then

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

Her excuse was she was not a biologist. That was beyond a contextual excuse. She knows her support comes from the Democratic party which caters to the most absurd. She didn't want to potentially offend.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:13 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:37 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Her excuse was she was not a biologist. That was beyond a contextual excuse. She knows her support comes from the Democratic party which caters to the most absurd. She didn't want to potentially offend.
Pardon me. Here's my opinion, FWIW. Science as we know it right now says a woman (or female) in the human species is an individual born with 2 X chromosomes. A fully developed and functional human female has ovaries, a womb and has the ability to conceive and carry children. Human males are born with X and Y chromosomes. They do not have ovaries or a womb. Instead, a fully developed Human male has testicles where sperm is produced. There are rare exceptions to the chromosome rule. And there are intrinsic differences in the bodies of men and women. There you have the definition of the sexes.

Gender has apparently been defined by a consensus of psychiatric 'experts' as fluid. But that was only fairly recently. Until 2013 they described it as a disfunction called gender dysphoria disorder. If you count psychiatry as a 'pure' science, I guess science can be adjusted for political correctness. Regardless of what surgeries or drugs a person of one sex does to try and change their GENDER, they will ALWAYS remain the SEX they were born as. That's science, like it or not.

Our laws have to take the difference between gender, which is apparently subjective, and sex, which is objective, into account. Currently, there are many instances where laws or rulings are confusing and intermingling the two distinct states, sex and gender. Mainly for politically expedient reasons. That has to be fixed. And I don't think Judge Jackson Brown seems to be in the mind set to fix it. She gives all indication that she has chosen her side.

Bob Juch

#22 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:08 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

And anti-vaxxer too.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#23 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:18 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:08 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Fixed that for you.

And anti-vaxxer too.
Anti-vaccine mandate yes. But many took the jab. Trump even encouraged it. I know it’s tough, but get your facts straight.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#24 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:39 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:18 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:08 pm
BackInTex wrote:

And anti-vaxxer too.
Anti-vaccine mandate yes. But many took the jab. Trump even encouraged it. I know it’s tough, but get your facts straight.
Did you seriously suggest one of the bobs get facts straight? Hilarious.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#25 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:55 pm

Just to show you how full of shit that crowd estimate of 5000 was, that all the MSM that bothered to cover it and lie about it used, I will link to a video of the rally.

https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews. ... ia-mar-26/

Notice there are 5 grandstands set up. Each holds at least 300 people. Look at the crowd inside the secured area. Then look at when it pans to outside the secure area. Then go to 6:00. You tell me that Trump is lying about the crowd. You tell me that's 5000 people total... Then extrapolate that lie the 'award winning GA journalist' published that the rest of the liars picked up and ran with....

Notice that the useful idiots on the bored kinda ignored the question about how many people Biden and/or Harris would get if they ever had the courage to hold a rally for anyone that would want their endorsements.

BTW, I am at 1:23 in the green jacket, putting on the cap I caught from Trump.